|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bambi travel to Manhattan?
2. Which of the following does Gay not attribute to the demise of her marriage?
3. What is the purpose of Canoe's party?
4. When Esther's husband had been alive, the house had been a ______________________.
5. What did the group do at midnight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the practice intervention.
2. Where do the women end their day in this section?
3. Why is Megan's death particularly sad?
4. Compare and contrast Walter with Him.
5. What had the women done today that made it such a sad one?
6. What arrangement does Bambi make to meet Remington again?
7. What is the story that Canoe shares about Teddy Roosevelt?
8. What plan is Pips Phelp leading at the Club?
9. What is the significance of Canoe's come-as-you-were party?
10. What is the group doing at Bambi's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study on Canoe. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study on Esther. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
What do the women mean by "Beginning of the End" when they tell each other their life stories? Viv is the last to tell her "Beginning of the End" story and it seems most appropriate for all the women whose endings actually began at the beginnings. What does the author mean by this?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)