|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Louise especially vulnerable right now?
2. How did Barbara's daughter, Megan, die?
3. What do the women call the point when their personal relationships take a turn for the worse?
4. What did the group do at midnight?
5. How many oiled eggs are returned to their nests?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what most of the women share at this point in their lives.
2. What is the significance of Canoe's come-as-you-were party?
3. Describe the metaphor of fish as the women trash around the pool.
4. What experience does Canoe share regarding marrying in order to avoid spinsterhood?
5. What is the story that Canoe shares about Teddy Roosevelt?
6. Who is Him?
7. How had Esther's relationship with Walter been different from the relationships the other women have with their husbands?
8. What is Bambi's unresolved issue regarding Remington Jackson?
9. What had the women done today that made it such a sad one?
10. What are the circumstances of Bambi's Break for Freedom from Remington all these years later?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s when the women in the novel are beginning their married lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Him with Pips Phelp. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the warriors in the chapter entitled "Warriors"? Is it immediately clear who they are? Why does the author call them by this name? What battle are they waging? Are they winning the war? Are there any characters who do not fall into the category of warriors? Explain.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)