|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the group gather to eat brunch on the day Bambi is to meet Remington Jackson?
2. How are the guests seated in Esther's dining room?
3. What kind of shoes does Esther wear to greet her guests?
4. What does Canoe say she would rather do than have sex?
5. Which of the following is not a description of Pips?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangement does Bambi make to meet Remington again?
2. Who is Him?
3. How does Esther Curran manage in the years since her husband, Walter's, death?
4. How had Esther's relationship with Walter been different from the relationships the other women have with their husbands?
5. What plan is Pips Phelp leading at the Club?
6. What is the group doing at Bambi's house?
7. What is the significance of Canoe's come-as-you-were party?
8. Describe Bambi's Breaks for Freedom.
9. Describe the practice intervention.
10. Describe the shrine-like environment in Esther's dining room.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Him with Pips Phelp. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study on Barbara. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Esther. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)