Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the note accompanying the ashes say?
2. Who is the first of the women to dive into the pool in her underwear?
3. Who is Canoe's current pool boy?
4. What is the purpose of Canoe's party?
5. How many children did Esther have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangement does Bambi make to meet Remington again?
2. Describe the shrine-like environment in Esther's dining room.
3. What is Bambi's unresolved issue regarding Remington Jackson?
5. Describe the sad Christmas spent by the women at the hospice.
6. What is the significance of the girls flirting with the boys in the park?
7. Describe the scenario of the failed intervention attempt.
8. Explain the metaphor of the fox and the foxhunt.
9. Why does the photographer leave and then return?
10. What is the setting for this section?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the nature of this book and why the author created it the way she did. Why did she choose to create a collection of short stories to tell the women's stories? Is it effective? How is it different from reading a regular novel? How is it the same?
Essay Topic 2
OUR KIND is a classic circle of life story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What do the women mean by "Beginning of the End" when they tell each other their life stories? Viv is the last to tell her "Beginning of the End" story and it seems most appropriate for all the women whose endings actually began at the beginnings. What does the author mean by this?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)