|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Bambi in 1945 when she first met Remington Jackson?
2. Who was Barbara's daughter?
3. Where does the group meet for intervention practice?
4. How does Him evade the women?
5. What do Carmen and Suzie do at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Walter with Him.
2. Explain what most of the women share at this point in their lives.
3. What is the main entertainment at the birthday party?
4. What had the women done today that made it such a sad one?
5. What do the girls and women do after they have had sandwiches and cake?
6. What truth is revealed about Gay's ex-husband's homosexuality?
7. What does Him symbolize for the women?
8. What plan is Pips Phelp leading at the Club?
9. How had Esther's relationship with Walter been different from the relationships the other women have with their husbands?
10. How does Esther Curran manage in the years since her husband, Walter's, death?
Essay Topic 1
Who are the warriors in the chapter entitled "Warriors"? Is it immediately clear who they are? Why does the author call them by this name? What battle are they waging? Are they winning the war? Are there any characters who do not fall into the category of warriors? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Walbert use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
As you might expect from the title, the author provides the perspective of how girls and women view the world. Choose two situations in the book which also involve men or boys and create a brief synopsis of how the males viewed the same situations.
This section contains 1,580 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)