|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bambi and her friends go shortly before Remington is scheduled to arrive?
2. What is Bambi's profession?
3. How did Barbara feel about being a mother?
4. How does Bambi travel to Manhattan?
5. What does Esther wear behind her ears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had the women done today that made it such a sad one?
2. What truth is revealed about Gay's ex-husband's homosexuality?
3. What does Carmen share about the goose eggs and nest she found?
4. Explain the symbolism of the destruction of the goose eggs.
5. What is the nature of the party that Canoe hosts in this section?
6. Describe Bambi's Breaks for Freedom.
7. Compare and contrast Walter with Him.
8. What is Bambi's unresolved issue regarding Remington Jackson?
9. Describe the practice intervention.
10. Describe the metaphor of fish as the women trash around the pool.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1950s. Why would Viv's friends consider her ex-husband, Clark, to be less of a person because of his presumed homosexuality? How does the group of women accept the lesbian relationship of Carmen and Suzie several years later?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the nature of this book and why the author created it the way she did. Why did she choose to create a collection of short stories to tell the women's stories? Is it effective? How is it different from reading a regular novel? How is it the same?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the metaphor of the foxhunt. What do the hounds represent? What does the mechanical fox represent? Why did the author choose to insert this scene into the novel?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)