|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bambi sit as she waits for Remington to arrive?
2. What time of year does the intervention take place?
3. What is Bambi's profession?
4. What is the name of Esther's dead husband?
5. Who is Remington Jackson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the party that Canoe hosts in this section?
2. Describe the scenario of the failed intervention attempt.
3. Describe Bambi's Breaks for Freedom.
4. What are the circumstances of Bambi's Break for Freedom from Remington all these years later?
5. How does Esther Curran manage in the years since her husband, Walter's, death?
6. What plan is Pips Phelp leading at the Club?
7. What does Carmen share about the goose eggs and nest she found?
8. How do Esther's friends react to her lunch invitation?
9. Why is Megan's death particularly sad?
10. Who is Him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Intervention" the author writes, "We have seen a lot, it's true, but know so little. How were we to learn? Years ago we were led down the primrose lane, then abandoned somewhere near the carp pond. Suffice it to say there is little nourishment here and the carp have grown strange cancers. When we look in their pond we see them beneath our own watery faces." What does the author want the reader to take away from these statements? What is your interpretation of the statements? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s when the women in the novel are beginning their married lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the warriors in the chapter entitled "Warriors"? Is it immediately clear who they are? Why does the author call them by this name? What battle are they waging? Are they winning the war? Are there any characters who do not fall into the category of warriors? Explain.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)