|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carmen shows a goose egg which is nestled in __________________.
2. What did the group do at midnight?
3. What does Ricardo wear as he serves drinks for the evening?
4. How are the guests seated in Esther's dining room?
5. What does Canoe host in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the practice intervention.
2. Who is Him?
3. Explain what most of the women share at this point in their lives.
4. What is the group doing at Bambi's house?
5. What does Him symbolize for the women?
6. What are the circumstances of Bambi's Break for Freedom from Remington all these years later?
7. What is the story that Canoe shares about Teddy Roosevelt?
8. Describe Bambi's Breaks for Freedom.
9. What plan is Pips Phelp leading at the Club?
10. Describe the scenario of the failed intervention attempt.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the metaphor of the foxhunt. What do the hounds represent? What does the mechanical fox represent? Why did the author choose to insert this scene into the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What do the women mean by "Beginning of the End" when they tell each other their life stories? Viv is the last to tell her "Beginning of the End" story and it seems most appropriate for all the women whose endings actually began at the beginnings. What does the author mean by this?
Essay Topic 3
Esther is clearly different from all the other women in the group. Describe Esther's role in the story and why the author chose to insert her character, even if for just a short while, in the novel. What can the other women learn from Esther? Explain.
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)