|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women wear to Canoe's party?
2. Which of the following is not common to the interventionists?
3. Who is Barbara's daughter?
4. How many children did Esther have?
5. Many of the women in the group were ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bambi's unresolved issue regarding Remington Jackson?
2. What does Carmen share about the goose eggs and nest she found?
3. What plan is Pips Phelp leading at the Club?
4. What truth is revealed about Gay's ex-husband's homosexuality?
5. What is the nature of the intervention?
6. How does Esther Curran manage in the years since her husband, Walter's, death?
7. Describe the metaphor of fish as the women trash around the pool.
8. What is the nature of the party that Canoe hosts in this section?
9. Describe the scenario of the failed intervention attempt.
10. Compare and contrast Walter with Him.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Him with Pips Phelp. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1950s. Why would Viv's friends consider her ex-husband, Clark, to be less of a person because of his presumed homosexuality? How does the group of women accept the lesbian relationship of Carmen and Suzie several years later?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Canoe. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)