|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose home does the group gather?
2. When had Remington left Bambi?
3. When does Bambi begin her breaks for freedom?
4. What do the women call the point when their personal relationships take a turn for the worse?
5. Which two women are the lesbians in the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the women end their day in this section?
2. What is the nature of the party that Canoe hosts in this section?
3. Describe the practice intervention.
4. Describe the scenario of the failed intervention attempt.
5. What is the group doing at Bambi's house?
6. Explain the symbolism of the destruction of the goose eggs.
7. Why is Megan's death particularly sad?
8. Describe the shrine-like environment in Esther's dining room.
9. Compare and contrast Him and Pips Phelp.
10. What are the circumstances of Bambi's Break for Freedom from Remington all these years later?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Him with Pips Phelp. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 2
What do the women mean by "Beginning of the End" when they tell each other their life stories? Viv is the last to tell her "Beginning of the End" story and it seems most appropriate for all the women whose endings actually began at the beginnings. What does the author mean by this?
Essay Topic 3
Esther is clearly different from all the other women in the group. Describe Esther's role in the story and why the author chose to insert her character, even if for just a short while, in the novel. What can the other women learn from Esther? Explain.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)