Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the note accompanying the ashes say?
2. Who is the first of the women to dive into the pool in her underwear?
3. Who is Canoe's current pool boy?
4. What is the purpose of Canoe's party?
5. How many children did Esther have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangement does Bambi make to meet Remington again?
2. Describe the shrine-like environment in Esther's dining room.
3. What is Bambi's unresolved issue regarding Remington Jackson?
5. Describe the sad Christmas spent by the women at the hospice.
6. What is the significance of the girls flirting with the boys in the park?
7. Describe the scenario of the failed intervention attempt.
8. Explain the metaphor of the fox and the foxhunt.
9. Why does the photographer leave and then return?
10. What is the setting for this section?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Canoe, Barbara, Viv and Louise. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the nature of this book and why the author created it the way she did. Why did she choose to create a collection of short stories to tell the women's stories? Is it effective? How is it different from reading a regular novel? How is it the same?
Essay Topic 3
As you might expect from the title, the author provides the perspective of how girls and women view the world. Choose two situations in the book which also involve men or boys and create a brief synopsis of how the males viewed the same situations.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)