|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is discovered to be naked and crouching in the maid's room of her house?
2. At whose home do the interventionists find Him?
3. Who was Barbara's daughter?
4. How are the guests seated in Esther's dining room?
5. What does Pips Phelp consider the issue in #63 to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Esther Curran manage in the years since her husband, Walter's, death?
2. Describe the practice intervention.
3. Describe Bambi's Breaks for Freedom.
4. Compare and contrast Him and Pips Phelp.
5. What does Carmen share about the goose eggs and nest she found?
6. Explain the symbolism of the destruction of the goose eggs.
7. Compare and contrast Walter with Him.
8. What does Him symbolize for the women?
9. What are the circumstances of Bambi's Break for Freedom from Remington all these years later?
10. Describe the metaphor of fish as the women trash around the pool.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Canoe, Barbara, Viv and Louise. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
What do the women mean by "Beginning of the End" when they tell each other their life stories? Viv is the last to tell her "Beginning of the End" story and it seems most appropriate for all the women whose endings actually began at the beginnings. What does the author mean by this?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the warriors in the chapter entitled "Warriors"? Is it immediately clear who they are? Why does the author call them by this name? What battle are they waging? Are they winning the war? Are there any characters who do not fall into the category of warriors? Explain.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)