|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Barbara's ex-husband?
2. Carmen shows a goose egg which is nestled in __________________.
3. Who is Canoe's current pool boy?
4. What stone objects sit on the mantel?
5. On what day is Canoe's party held?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that Canoe shares about Teddy Roosevelt?
2. What is the group doing at Bambi's house?
3. Describe Bambi's Breaks for Freedom.
4. Compare and contrast Him and Pips Phelp.
5. Describe the practice intervention.
6. What does Him symbolize for the women?
7. Compare and contrast Walter with Him.
8. What had the women done today that made it such a sad one?
9. How had Esther's relationship with Walter been different from the relationships the other women have with their husbands?
10. How does Esther Curran manage in the years since her husband, Walter's, death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the warriors in the chapter entitled "Warriors"? Is it immediately clear who they are? Why does the author call them by this name? What battle are they waging? Are they winning the war? Are there any characters who do not fall into the category of warriors? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
As you might expect from the title, the author provides the perspective of how girls and women view the world. Choose two situations in the book which also involve men or boys and create a brief synopsis of how the males viewed the same situations.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1950s. Why would Viv's friends consider her ex-husband, Clark, to be less of a person because of his presumed homosexuality? How does the group of women accept the lesbian relationship of Carmen and Suzie several years later?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)