|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the child-rearing expert most trusted by the women?
(a) Mr. Rogers
(b) Their mothers
(c) Captain Kangaroo
(d) Dr. Spock
2. What stops the line-up of babies from crying?
(a) Nap time
(b) The photographer's light
(c) Watching a mobile
(d) Music on the stereo
3. Why does the girl in #141 chosen the winner?
(a) She is related to the judge
(b) She is the birthday girl
(c) She has a natural talent
(d) She bribed the judge
4. When does Viv expect to return to school?
(a) In a year or two
(b) During the next semester
(c) In six months
(d) Next month
5. Which one of the book club members dies overnight?
(d) Mrs. Lowell
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women drink at the foxhunt?
2. Who is Judy's attendant at hospice?
3. What are the women waiting for outside?
4. What happens while Louise is having her photos taken?
5. What had Don given Viv just the week before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main entertainment at the birthday party?
2. What is the reason for the party Canoe is hosting today?
3. What is the significance of the girls flirting with the boys in the park?
4. Why are the women meeting at the hospice?
5. How does the group meeting at the hospice end on this day?
6. How does the author exhibit the circle of life in this section?
7. How do Judy's friends integrate and make themselves welcome with the other hospice guests?
8. How do the women feel about their lives since giving birth to their daughters?
9. What was Viv's decision-making process about her life's direction?
10. What do the women discuss about the properties of words and lines they read?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)