|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Canoe notes that ___________ are especially frightened by the hounds.
2. Which author are the women discussing today?
(a) Ernest Hemingway
(b) William Saroyan
(c) Virginia Woolf
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. What does Louise wear to have her pictures taken?
(d) Evening gown
4. What does Judy say she killed once in Mexico?
5. Why does Canoe take the women and their daughters downtown?
(a) To go shoe shopping
(b) To have lunch at a bistro
(c) To get ice cream sundaes
(d) To have their decorated hats judged
Short Answer Questions
1. How well does Viv know Don when they marry?
2. How old are the daughters of the women in the group?
3. What did Louise name her daughter in deference to her husband's wishes?
4. Where does Barbara hire the photographer?
5. What news had Viv once given Professor Dipple and Cilla Whitney that displeased them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the metaphor of the fox and the foxhunt.
2. Who is the popular child-rearing expert whose advice the women closely follow?
3. Why is Viv's "beginning of the end" most significant for all the women?
4. What is the setting for this section?
5. Why will the women spend Christmas at the hospice?
6. What is the significance of the girls flirting with the boys in the park?
7. What do the women mean about the beginning of the end?
8. What is the main entertainment at the birthday party?
9. What is the setting for this section?
10. What do the women worry about regarding Him and their daughters?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)