|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the line-up of babies from crying?
(a) Watching a mobile
(b) The photographer's light
(c) Nap time
(d) Music on the stereo
2. With all the women, the beginning of the end came ____________________________.
(a) at the end of the beginning
(b) when they found a new man
(c) when they were ready to begin again
(d) when they reached a new level of awareness
3. Where had Viv been enrolled in college?
4. What does Barbara place side-by-side in this section?
5. What does Viv refer to Big Ben as?
(a) Britain's wrist watch
(b) The universe's timekeeper
(c) death knell
(d) Father Time
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the photographer return to the house?
2. Who encourages Louise to let Him go?
3. Who tried to escape the alcohol treatment center?
4. Which of the following would not be found at an event held at the hospice?
5. Louise states that one of her favorite names is ____________.
Short Essay Questions
2. Why is Viv's "beginning of the end" most significant for all the women?
3. How does the author exhibit the circle of life in this section?
4. Explain the metaphor of the fox and the foxhunt.
5. Why are the women meeting at the hospice?
6. Who is the popular child-rearing expert whose advice the women closely follow?
7. What is the reason for the party Canoe is hosting today?
8. What is the setting for this section?
9. Describe the sad Christmas spent by the women at the hospice.
10. How does Viv reconcile leaving school and getting married?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)