|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Barbara's daughter, Megan, die?
(a) She was shot
(b) She had leukemia
(c) In a car accident
(d) She hanged herself
2. Which of the following does Gay not attribute to the demise of her marriage?
(a) Too frigid
(b) Too ambitious
(c) Too scared
(d) Too young
3. How many children did Esther have?
4. What type of art did Walter do?
(a) Oil painting
(c) Light installations
(d) Metal sculpting
5. What do the women call the point when their personal relationships take a turn for the worse?
(a) The beginning of the end
(b) Reverse strategy
(c) The jumping off point
(d) The point of no return
Short Answer Questions
1. Megan's death as a young girl and the smashing of the goose eggs is an example of which literary technique?
2. Many of the women in the group were ___________________.
3. Who is Canoe's current pool boy?
4. Him can be characterized as a ___________.
5. Who is the attorney who will help in the intervention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the symbolism of the destruction of the goose eggs.
2. How does Esther Curran manage in the years since her husband, Walter's, death?
3. What experience does Canoe share regarding marrying in order to avoid spinsterhood?
4. Who is Him?
5. What is the story that Canoe shares about Teddy Roosevelt?
6. What is Bambi's unresolved issue regarding Remington Jackson?
7. Why is Megan's death particularly sad?
8. What truth is revealed about Gay's ex-husband's homosexuality?
9. Where do the women end their day in this section?
10. What does Carmen share about the goose eggs and nest she found?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)