|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the reasons why Bambi's friends think she turned down Remington's proposal?
(a) She had no interest in romance
(b) She was too old
(c) She did not want a family
(d) She had no time for affection
2. Canoe tells a story about her grandmother and ________________________.
(a) John F. Kennedy
(b) Teddy Roosevelt
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt
(d) Herbert Hoover
3. What did Clark call Gay soon after their wedding?
(a) A limp fish
(c) A firecracker
4. How does Him evade the women?
(a) Sets off the fire alarm
(b) Runs down the back staircase
(c) Jumps out a window
(d) Locks them in the den
5. Which of the following is not a description of Pips?
(c) Family Man
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the women in the group were ___________________.
2. Which of the following does Gay not attribute to the demise of her marriage?
3. At whose home do the interventionists find Him?
4. When does Bambi begin her breaks for freedom?
5. What is the current condition of Esther Curran's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Him and Pips Phelp.
2. Describe the scenario of the failed intervention attempt.
3. Who is Him?
4. Describe the metaphor of fish as the women trash around the pool.
5. How do Esther's friends react to her lunch invitation?
6. What is the significance of Canoe's come-as-you-were party?
7. What is the nature of the party that Canoe hosts in this section?
8. Compare and contrast Walter with Him.
9. Describe the shrine-like environment in Esther's dining room.
10. How had Esther's relationship with Walter been different from the relationships the other women have with their husbands?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)