|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda sneak out of the house to do late at night while Oscar is living with her?
2. What is the name of the vicarage that Oscar is vicar of?
3. Where is Lucinda going at nine o'clock at night on her horse in Chapter 64?
4. How much does Mr. Stratton plan to bet at the racetrack his first time there?
5. How does Oscar originally plan to transport the church to Dennis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wardley-Fish thwarted in his attempts to catch up with Oscar on the expedition?
2. How does Lucinda help Oscar get a job?
3. What scandal do Lucinda and Oscar create?
4. Does Lucinda get along with Horace Borrodaile?
5. Why does Percy Smith give Oscar laudanum on the journey?
6. Does Oscar admire the glassworks factory?
7. Why does Oscar hide his love for Lucinda?
8. What happens when Lucinda goes to gamble at the Chinese establishment on George Street?
9. Why does Miriam Chadwick wear black?
10. Does Oscar's new congregation like him as a preacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the glass church and discuss its importance as a symbol of love. How do Oscar and Lucinda express their love through the creation of the glass church?
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree or disagree that Lucinda is a courageous person? In what ways does she express this courage by standing up for herself in the face of dominating personalities?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Oscar's death scene. In what way does he remember his childhood as he is drowning, and why is this important?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)