Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar say about the prototype Lucinda shows him in her office?
2. How many days is Wardley-Fish imprisoned in Sydney?
3. Why does Mr. Jeffris hire a trumpeter?
4. What does Mr. d'Abbs tell Lucinda that Jeffris loves?
5. How does Dennis think Lucinda looks when he sees her after she returns to Sydney?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the theme of addiction in this novel. In what ways do Theophilus, Oscar, Lucinda, and Wardley-Fish reveal their addictions? How do these addictions play an important role in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Oscar's death scene. In what way does he remember his childhood as he is drowning, and why is this important?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lucinda's unconventional upbringing influence Lucinda's behavior? In what ways does she carry on with her mother's dreams? Provide three examples that show Lucinda acting in unconventional ways.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)