|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oscar's housekeeper warns him that his sermons are upsetting the congregation, what is he preaching about?
2. What does Lucinda long for when she is living again in Sydney after Dennis has left?
3. After Easter, what does Lucinda advertise for?
4. What was the sermon about that Lucinda and Oscar feel insulted by when they go to church on a religious holiday?
5. What incident occurs in the glassworks factory that causes it to close?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Oscar's death scene. In what way does he remember his childhood as he is drowning, and why is this important?
Essay Topic 2
Oscar describes himself as a misfit. Do you agree or disagree? Explain your reasoning and provide textual examples to support your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 3
How did Oscar's rebellion of his father's religious beliefs change the direction of his life? Does Theophilus' influence carry over into the various stages of Oscar's life? Provide textual examples to explain your points.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)