|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Narcoo see for the first time in the box that fell when Oscar is on the expedition?
2. When Lucinda and Oscar visit the glassworks factory, what do the men do?
3. How long does Oscar say it will take him to build and deliver the glass church to Dennis?
4. When Oscar reveals his knowledge of gambling during Lucinda's confession, what does Lucinda say?
5. What does Mr. d'Abbs tell Lucinda that Jeffris loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Jeffris show his love of power as he prepares for the expedition?
2. Does Lucinda consider Oscar as a potential husband?
3. Why is Lucinda angry that Mr. Phelps invited her and Oscar for a tour of the factory?
4. Does Oscar believe he can withstand anything for Lucinda's love?
5. What is the state of the glassworks factory when Lucinda returns to Sydney?
6. What convinces Oscar to go up to first class and seek out Lucinda?
7. Why is Wardley-Fish thwarted in his attempts to catch up with Oscar on the expedition?
8. How does Oscar react to seeing Lucinda's prototype for a glass building?
9. How does Lucinda feel about Dennis leaving Sydney to go to a parish near Boat Harbour?
10. How does Lucinda help Oscar get a job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Mr. Jeffris. What kind of person is he? How is his true nature revealed during the expedition? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the glass church and discuss its importance as a symbol of love. How do Oscar and Lucinda express their love through the creation of the glass church?
Essay Topic 3
Is Oscar responsible for Reverend Stratton's death, as he claims in his prayers for forgiveness? Why or why not?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)