Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar say about the prototype Lucinda shows him in her office?
2. How many days is Wardley-Fish imprisoned in Sydney?
3. Why does Mr. Jeffris hire a trumpeter?
4. What does Mr. d'Abbs tell Lucinda that Jeffris loves?
5. How does Dennis think Lucinda looks when he sees her after she returns to Sydney?
Describe Oscar's reaction to Lucinda's prototype. What kind of language does he use to express his opinion of it? How does his reaction help Lucinda understand something about her feelings for him?
Is Oscar responsible for Reverend Stratton's death, as he claims in his prayers for forgiveness? Why or why not?
Consider the theme of addiction in this novel. In what ways do Theophilus, Oscar, Lucinda, and Wardley-Fish reveal their addictions? How do these addictions play an important role in their lives?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)