|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oscar reveals his knowledge of gambling during Lucinda's confession, what does Lucinda say?
2. Where is Lucinda going at nine o'clock at night on her horse in Chapter 64?
3. What was the funny name of the steward who attended Oscar when he was sick on board the ship?
4. What does Mr. Smith force-feed Oscar to keep him quiet?
5. What do the Narcoo see for the first time in the box that fell when Oscar is on the expedition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the scandals that Lucinda and Oscar create on the Leviathan and in Sydney. Do they both seem to put their own needs first ? In what ways do they not consider the other's reputation?
Essay Topic 2
Is Oscar responsible for Reverend Stratton's death, as he claims in his prayers for forgiveness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Oscar's view of how God helps him make decisions in his life. What does he say about God's guidance when it comes to gambling? How does he justify his actions by using "God's will" as an excuse?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)