|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Oscar go to live after graduating from Oriel?
2. How far away is the church the narrator's family attends?
3. What does Mr. Stratton call Oscar at the end of Chapter 30?
4. What does Melody think about Theophilus?
5. What is the name of Dennis' church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucinda like to go to Mr. d'Abb's house in the evenings?
2. How does Theophilus make it difficult for Lucy Millar to tend to her chores in the Stratton's kitchen?
3. Describe Theophilus' penchant for naming everything.
4. How does Oscar feel about the sea?
5. Describe Ian Wardley-Fish.
6. How does Oscar deal with Reverend Stratton's discovery of a losing betting stub?
7. Why does Theophilus check Oscar's lungs every morning?
8. Describe Reverend Dennis Hasset.
9. Describe Oscar's first dinner at the Stratton's home.
10. How does Reverend Stratton respond when Oscar sends him coffee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oscar describes himself as a misfit. Do you agree or disagree? Explain your reasoning and provide textual examples to support your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 2
How did Oscar and Lucinda never come to fully express their love for each other? How did their misunderstandings and assumptions decide their fate?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Oscar's view of how God helps him make decisions in his life. What does he say about God's guidance when it comes to gambling? How does he justify his actions by using "God's will" as an excuse?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)