|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lucinda escape to when the ship stopped at a harbor in Chapter 60?
(c) Cape Town.
2. What is Oscar's response when Lucinda says he has still not absolved her after her confession?
(a) "I'm sure you know what to do."
(b) "Where is the sin?"
(c) "We'll do it later."
(d) "I need my Bible."
3. Where is Lucinda going at nine o'clock at night on her horse in Chapter 64?
(a) George Street.
(c) Harbour Street.
(d) Main Street.
4. What does Oscar say about the prototype Lucinda shows him in her office?
(a) It is a bad idea.
(b) It will not work.
(c) It looks funny.
(d) It is fit for angels.
5. When does Mr. Jeffris visit Lucinda and Oscar at their home?
(a) Lucinda's birthday.
(c) New Year's.
(d) Christmas night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda hurl at the wall when she becomes frustrated by Oscar?
2. What does Mr. Jeffris appoint Mr. Smith to be on the expedition?
3. How does Oscar describe the glassworks factory to Lucinda after he has chased her to her office?
4. What does Lucinda say she envies about Oscar when they are dining out and discussing Oscar's idea of a glass church?
5. How does Dennis think Lucinda looks when he sees her after she returns to Sydney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of the glassworks factory when Lucinda returns to Sydney?
2. What convinces Oscar to go up to first class and seek out Lucinda?
3. How does Lucinda grow comfortable around Oscar and begin to admire him again?
4. Why do Horace Borrodaile and Percy Smith try to get Oscar to walk on the open deck?
5. Why does Oscar hide his love for Lucinda?
6. Why does Miriam Chadwick wear black?
7. When does Lucinda visit her glassworks factory?
8. Does Oscar admire the glassworks factory?
9. How does Oscar's enthusiastic description of the phosphorescence phenomenon end up making him feel lonely and left out?
10. How does Oscar react to seeing Lucinda's prototype for a glass building?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)