|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. d'Abbs tell Lucinda that Jeffris loves?
(a) Being popular.
(b) Target practice.
2. In Chapter 80, what does Lucinda realize she feels for Oscar?
3. Who is Mrs. Judd?
(b) Oscar's housekeeper.
(c) Oscar's laundress.
4. What does Horace Borrodaile speak about in his monologues on board the ship?
(a) Politics, hunting, and taxes.
(b) His factory receipts.
(c) The articles he has published.
(d) The state of his farmland.
5. What was the funny name of the steward who attended Oscar when he was sick on board the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Oscar a job as a clerk?
2. What does Mr.Jeffris do to Oscar after Oscar makes a big fuss when there is shooting on the expedition?
3. How does Oscar describe the glassworks factory to Lucinda after he has chased her to her office?
4. What does Oscar tell God that he will never do again when he is lying sick in his room on board the ship?
5. What game is Lucinda playing when she sees Oscar in Chapter 64?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Oscar believe he can withstand anything for Lucinda's love?
2. Why does Oscar hide his love for Lucinda?
3. Does Oscar's new congregation like him as a preacher?
4. Why is Wardley-Fish thwarted in his attempts to catch up with Oscar on the expedition?
5. When does Lucinda finally realize that Oscar must love her?
6. When does Lucinda visit her glassworks factory?
7. How does Lucinda grow comfortable around Oscar and begin to admire him again?
8. What scandal do Lucinda and Oscar create?
9. How does Oscar react to seeing Lucinda's prototype for a glass building?
10. What happens when Lucinda goes to gamble at the Chinese establishment on George Street?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)