|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident occurs in the glassworks factory that causes it to close?
(a) A young boy is injured.
2. What does Lucinda hurl at the wall when she becomes frustrated by Oscar?
(c) Wine Glass.
(d) Tea cup.
3. When Lucinda and Oscar visit the glassworks factory, what do the men do?
(a) Set off fireworks.
(b) Grimace and shake their heads.
(c) Sing a welcome song.
4. What happens to Wardley-Fish as he follows Oscar's expedition and comes across a man with a mask?
(a) He is tied to a tree.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He is thrown in the water.
(d) He is kidnapped.
5. Before heading up to Lucinda's stateroom, Oscar goes to his room to retrieve his:
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Mr. Phelps walk with his son to see Lucinda and Oscar at her home?
2. What nickname does Mr. Jeffris call Oscar?
3. After Easter, what does Lucinda advertise for?
4. How did Oscar lose his horse and carriage that his bishop gave him?
5. Who is Mrs. Smith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Lucinda consider Oscar as a potential husband?
2. What is the state of the glassworks factory when Lucinda returns to Sydney?
3. How does Lucinda grow comfortable around Oscar and begin to admire him again?
4. Why does Oscar hide his love for Lucinda?
5. What scandal do Lucinda and Oscar create?
6. How does Lucinda feel about Dennis leaving Sydney to go to a parish near Boat Harbour?
7. How does Mr. Jeffris show his love of power as he prepares for the expedition?
8. Why does Percy Smith give Oscar laudanum on the journey?
9. How does Oscar react to seeing Lucinda's prototype for a glass building?
10. Why is Lucinda angry that Mr. Phelps invited her and Oscar for a tour of the factory?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)