|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oscar decide about taking a job offer in Chapter 75?
(a) By flipping a coin.
(b) By meditating.
(c) By praying.
(d) By asking his father's advice.
2. How far does Mr. Phelps walk with his son to see Lucinda and Oscar at her home?
(a) Six miles.
(b) Half a mile.
(c) Two miles.
(d) 100 yards.
3. How much does Mr. Stratton plan to bet at the racetrack his first time there?
(a) Twenty pounds.
(b) His entire life savings.
(c) One hundred quid.
(d) One pound.
4. What does Mr. Smith force-feed Oscar to keep him quiet?
5. When does Mr. Jeffris visit Lucinda and Oscar at their home?
(a) Christmas night.
(b) New Year's.
(d) Lucinda's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lucinda escape to when the ship stopped at a harbor in Chapter 60?
2. What does Oscar ask Lucinda when he is worried about her reputation?
3. What does Lucinda call Mr. Ahearn when he visits that makes him blush?
4. Who do the Strattons run into on their way to the racetrack at Newton Abbot?
5. What is the name of the vicarage that Oscar is vicar of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Oscar admire the glassworks factory?
2. When does Lucinda visit her glassworks factory?
3. Does Lucinda get along with Horace Borrodaile?
4. Does Oscar believe he can withstand anything for Lucinda's love?
5. What convinces Oscar to go up to first class and seek out Lucinda?
6. What happens when Lucinda goes to gamble at the Chinese establishment on George Street?
7. When does Lucinda finally realize that Oscar must love her?
8. What is the state of the glassworks factory when Lucinda returns to Sydney?
9. Why do Horace Borrodaile and Percy Smith try to get Oscar to walk on the open deck?
10. How does Lucinda feel about Dennis leaving Sydney to go to a parish near Boat Harbour?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)