|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oscar's housekeeper warns him that his sermons are upsetting the congregation, what is he preaching about?
(d) The evils of gambling.
2. What unresolved obligation does Oscar have at the beginning of Chapter 51?
(a) To hear Lucinda's confession.
(b) To send a letter to Stratton.
(c) To set up a gambler's anonymous hotline.
(d) Pay back a loan to his father.
3. What does Lucinda sneak out of the house to do late at night while Oscar is living with her?
(b) Visit friends.
(c) To look at the stars.
(d) She has a night job.
4. What does Mr.Jeffris do to Oscar after Oscar makes a big fuss when there is shooting on the expedition?
(a) Stuffs his mouth with a sock.
(b) Knocks him out.
(c) Ties him to a tree.
(d) Blinds him with mace.
5. What does Oscar ask Lucinda when he is worried about her reputation?
(a) To marry Dennis.
(b) To take religious vows.
(c) To travel with him.
(d) To marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Jeffris wish to be?
2. When Lucinda and Oscar visit the glassworks factory, what do the men do?
3. What offends his co-workers when Oscar starts his new job as a clerk?
4. What is Oscar's response when Lucinda says he has still not absolved her after her confession?
5. How does Oscar describe the glassworks factory to Lucinda after he has chased her to her office?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)