|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the head steward announce at dinner is on view on the above deck in Chapter 52?
(b) Dance group.
(c) A statute.
(d) Choral group.
2. What does Oscar tell God that he will never do again when he is lying sick in his room on board the ship?
(a) Smoke a cigarette.
(b) Tell a lie.
3. In Chapter 80, what does Lucinda realize she feels for Oscar?
4. What does Lucinda say she envies about Oscar when they are dining out and discussing Oscar's idea of a glass church?
(a) The way he dresses.
(b) His close relationship with his father.
(c) He knows his own value.
(d) His red hair.
5. What job does Arthur Phelps have?
(c) Head glassblower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days is Wardley-Fish imprisoned in Sydney?
2. When Oscar's housekeeper warns him that his sermons are upsetting the congregation, what is he preaching about?
3. What dream does Lucinda have but doesn't tell Oscar about in Chapter 77?
4. After Easter, what does Lucinda advertise for?
5. How much does Mr. Stratton plan to bet at the racetrack his first time there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Oscar admire the glassworks factory?
2. How does Oscar react to seeing Lucinda's prototype for a glass building?
3. When does Lucinda finally realize that Oscar must love her?
4. Why does Percy Smith give Oscar laudanum on the journey?
5. How does Mr. Jeffris show his love of power as he prepares for the expedition?
6. Why do Horace Borrodaile and Percy Smith try to get Oscar to walk on the open deck?
7. Describe the events of Oscar and Lucinda's Christmas Day.
8. What happens when Lucinda goes to gamble at the Chinese establishment on George Street?
9. Why does Oscar hide his love for Lucinda?
10. What scandal do Lucinda and Oscar create?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)