|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dream does Lucinda have but doesn't tell Oscar about in Chapter 77?
(a) To study medicine.
(b) To become a lawyer.
(c) To travel to Russia.
(d) To create a glass building.
2. What does Lucinda realize has hurt Dennis' reputation and career?
(b) An affair with one of his parishioners.
(c) A mysterious death in his house.
(d) Her association with him.
3. What does Mr. Judd want to be able to do during services?
(a) Hand out programs.
(b) Collect the offerings.
(c) Light the candles.
(d) Sing Handel's Messiah.
4. What does Mr. Jeffris wish to be?
(b) An explorer.
(d) Sea captain.
5. What does the head steward announce at dinner is on view on the above deck in Chapter 52?
(a) Dance group.
(c) A statute.
(d) Choral group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda do after Oscar wakes up from his faint in her stateroom?
2. What does Lucinda hurl at the wall when she becomes frustrated by Oscar?
3. What does Mrs. d'Abbs press into Oscar's hand when he and Lucinda leave her house after arguing with her husband?
4. What did Oscar do to the cards when the wave crashed over the deck?
5. What phobia does Oscar explain to Lucinda when he visits her stateroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oscar hide his love for Lucinda?
2. Describe the events of Oscar and Lucinda's Christmas Day.
3. When does Lucinda finally realize that Oscar must love her?
4. How does Lucinda grow comfortable around Oscar and begin to admire him again?
5. Why do Horace Borrodaile and Percy Smith try to get Oscar to walk on the open deck?
6. How does Lucinda feel about Dennis leaving Sydney to go to a parish near Boat Harbour?
7. Does Oscar believe he can withstand anything for Lucinda's love?
8. How does Oscar react to seeing Lucinda's prototype for a glass building?
9. When does Lucinda visit her glassworks factory?
10. How does Oscar's enthusiastic description of the phosphorescence phenomenon end up making him feel lonely and left out?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)