|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Lucinda hire any maids in Chapter 73?
(a) No one works hard enough for her.
(b) There is a shortage in the city.
(c) She does not have enough money.
(d) They all know that Oscar is living with Lucinda.
2. What is Bishop Dancer pleased with about Oscar's religious views when he interviews him?
(a) He is a fundamentalist.
(b) He believes in Darwinism.
(c) His belief that gambling is not a sin.
(d) His Catholic leanings.
3. How far does Mr. Phelps walk with his son to see Lucinda and Oscar at her home?
(a) Half a mile.
(b) Six miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) 100 yards.
4. What does Mr. d'Abbs tell Lucinda that Jeffris loves?
(c) Target practice.
(d) Being popular.
5. Why is Mr. Borradaile upset when Lucinda joins his table for dinner?
(a) He is shy in front of women.
(b) He thinks she talks too little.
(c) Women restrict the natural flow of conversation.
(d) She is too shy for his taste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lucinda escape to when the ship stopped at a harbor in Chapter 60?
2. What does Lucinda do after Oscar wakes up from his faint in her stateroom?
3. What does Oscar ask Lucinda when he is worried about her reputation?
4. When Oscar reveals his knowledge of gambling during Lucinda's confession, what does Lucinda say?
5. What offends his co-workers when Oscar starts his new job as a clerk?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)