|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 80, what does Lucinda realize she feels for Oscar?
2. What does Lucinda say she envies about Oscar when they are dining out and discussing Oscar's idea of a glass church?
(a) His close relationship with his father.
(b) His red hair.
(c) The way he dresses.
(d) He knows his own value.
3. What card game do Oscar and Lucinda first play in her stateroom?
(b) Gin Rummy.
4. What does Mr. Judd want to be able to do during services?
(a) Light the candles.
(b) Hand out programs.
(c) Sing Handel's Messiah.
(d) Collect the offerings.
5. What game is Lucinda playing when she sees Oscar in Chapter 64?
(a) Five Card Draw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda do after Oscar wakes up from his faint in her stateroom?
2. What does Mrs. d'Abbs press into Oscar's hand when he and Lucinda leave her house after arguing with her husband?
3. What does Mr. d'Abbs tell Lucinda that Jeffris loves?
4. When Lucinda is talking with Dennis in Chapter 62, what does she take on and off?
5. What was the funny name of the steward who attended Oscar when he was sick on board the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Lucinda get along with Horace Borrodaile?
2. How does Oscar react to seeing Lucinda's prototype for a glass building?
3. When does Lucinda visit her glassworks factory?
4. What are the circumstances under which Lucinda says her confession to Oscar?
5. Why is Lucinda angry that Mr. Phelps invited her and Oscar for a tour of the factory?
6. How does Mr. Jeffris show his love of power as he prepares for the expedition?
7. Why does Mrs. Smith change her mind about working as Lucinda's housekeeper?
8. How does Lucinda help Oscar get a job?
9. How does Oscar's enthusiastic description of the phosphorescence phenomenon end up making him feel lonely and left out?
10. Does Oscar's new congregation like him as a preacher?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)