|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game is Lucinda playing when she sees Oscar in Chapter 64?
(a) Five Card Draw.
2. What does Lucinda hurl at the wall when she becomes frustrated by Oscar?
(a) Wine Glass.
(c) Tea cup.
3. What does Oscar say about the prototype Lucinda shows him in her office?
(a) It will not work.
(b) It looks funny.
(c) It is fit for angels.
(d) It is a bad idea.
4. What does Mrs. d'Abbs press into Oscar's hand when he and Lucinda leave her house after arguing with her husband?
5. What incident occurs in the glassworks factory that causes it to close?
(b) A young boy is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda long for when she is living again in Sydney after Dennis has left?
2. What does Mr. Jeffris wish to be?
3. What does Oscar tell God that he will never do again when he is lying sick in his room on board the ship?
4. When does Mr. Jeffris visit Lucinda and Oscar at their home?
5. What does Horace Borrodaile speak about in his monologues on board the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Jeffris show his love of power as he prepares for the expedition?
2. When does Lucinda finally realize that Oscar must love her?
3. Why does Percy Smith give Oscar laudanum on the journey?
4. Why do Horace Borrodaile and Percy Smith try to get Oscar to walk on the open deck?
5. How does Lucinda help Oscar get a job?
6. What convinces Oscar to go up to first class and seek out Lucinda?
7. Why does Mrs. Smith change her mind about working as Lucinda's housekeeper?
8. When does Lucinda visit her glassworks factory?
9. Why does Oscar hide his love for Lucinda?
10. Does Oscar believe he can withstand anything for Lucinda's love?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)