|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucinda realize has hurt Dennis' reputation and career?
(b) An affair with one of his parishioners.
(c) Her association with him.
(d) A mysterious death in his house.
2. Who is Mrs. Judd?
(b) Oscar's laundress.
(c) Oscar's housekeeper.
3. What does Lucinda confess when Oscar encourages her to make her confession?
(a) That she stole money from her factory workers.
(b) Her hatred of Dennis.
(c) Her addiction to gambling.
(d) Her love for him.
4. In Chapter 80, what does Lucinda realize she feels for Oscar?
5. Who offers Oscar a job as a clerk?
(a) Mr. Ahearn.
(b) Mr. Phelps.
(c) Mr. d'Abbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda do after Oscar wakes up from his faint in her stateroom?
2. What does Mr. Judd want to be able to do during services?
3. What is Bishop Dancer pleased with about Oscar's religious views when he interviews him?
4. What was the funny name of the steward who attended Oscar when he was sick on board the ship?
5. Who makes a formal inquiry into Dennis' sermons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Percy Smith give Oscar laudanum on the journey?
2. When does Lucinda finally realize that Oscar must love her?
3. How does Mr. Jeffris show his love of power as he prepares for the expedition?
4. How does Lucinda grow comfortable around Oscar and begin to admire him again?
5. Does Lucinda consider Oscar as a potential husband?
6. When does Lucinda visit her glassworks factory?
7. Why does Oscar hide his love for Lucinda?
8. What are the circumstances under which Lucinda says her confession to Oscar?
9. Does Oscar believe he can withstand anything for Lucinda's love?
10. Why does Mrs. Smith change her mind about working as Lucinda's housekeeper?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)