|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Smith?
(a) Oscar's cook.
(b) Dennis' sister.
(c) Lucinda's new maid
(d) Lucinda's aunt.
2. What does Lucinda do after Oscar wakes up from his faint in her stateroom?
(a) Calls Mr. Smith to help her.
(b) Help him walk to his room.
(c) Calls two stewards to bring him to his room.
(d) Keeps him there until he is able to walk by himself.
3. What is in the envelope that Lucinda gives to Oscar when Oscar leaves on the expedition?
(a) Legal document promising him her fortune.
(b) A drawing of the glass church.
(c) A letter to Dennis.
(d) Love sonnet.
4. What does Lucinda think of Mr. Borradaile?
(a) He is a barbarian.
(b) He is attractive to her.
(c) He is admirable.
(d) He is too silent.
5. How did Oscar lose his horse and carriage that his bishop gave him?
(a) The horse ran off and the carriage was destroyed.
(b) Gave it to a poor parishioner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oscar describe the glassworks factory to Lucinda after he has chased her to her office?
2. What is Oscar's response when Lucinda says he has still not absolved her after her confession?
3. Who does Oscar believe that Lucinda is in love with?
4. In Chapter 80, what does Lucinda realize she feels for Oscar?
5. When Lucinda and Oscar visit the glassworks factory, what do the men do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Oscar believe he can withstand anything for Lucinda's love?
2. Describe the events of Oscar and Lucinda's Christmas Day.
3. Does Oscar admire the glassworks factory?
4. Why does Oscar hide his love for Lucinda?
5. What are the circumstances under which Lucinda says her confession to Oscar?
6. When does Lucinda finally realize that Oscar must love her?
7. What happens when Lucinda goes to gamble at the Chinese establishment on George Street?
8. Why is Lucinda angry that Mr. Phelps invited her and Oscar for a tour of the factory?
9. Why does Mrs. Smith change her mind about working as Lucinda's housekeeper?
10. How does Oscar react to seeing Lucinda's prototype for a glass building?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)