|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. d'Abbs press into Oscar's hand when he and Lucinda leave her house after arguing with her husband?
2. What does the head steward announce at dinner is on view on the above deck in Chapter 52?
(a) A statute.
(c) Dance group.
(d) Choral group.
3. Who makes a formal inquiry into Dennis' sermons?
(a) Queen of England.
(c) The Bishop of Sydney.
(d) The Pope.
4. Who is Mrs. Smith?
(a) Lucinda's aunt.
(b) Oscar's cook.
(c) Lucinda's new maid
(d) Dennis' sister.
5. In Chapter 80, what does Lucinda realize she feels for Oscar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar say about the prototype Lucinda shows him in her office?
2. What does Wardley-Fish do when his boat passes Oscar's ship on its expedition journey?
3. What does Lucinda offer to Mr. Jeffris and his men so that they return Oscar safely?
4. When Oscar's housekeeper warns him that his sermons are upsetting the congregation, what is he preaching about?
5. What has Oscar placed in the envelope for Lucinda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Horace Borrodaile and Percy Smith try to get Oscar to walk on the open deck?
2. Why is Wardley-Fish thwarted in his attempts to catch up with Oscar on the expedition?
3. Why does Miriam Chadwick wear black?
4. Why is Lucinda angry that Mr. Phelps invited her and Oscar for a tour of the factory?
5. What scandal do Lucinda and Oscar create?
6. When does Lucinda visit her glassworks factory?
7. Why does Mrs. Smith change her mind about working as Lucinda's housekeeper?
8. Does Lucinda get along with Horace Borrodaile?
9. Does Oscar's new congregation like him as a preacher?
10. What happens when Lucinda goes to gamble at the Chinese establishment on George Street?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)