|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Easter, what does Lucinda advertise for?
(a) Construction worker.
(b) A female glassblower and partner.
(c) House painter.
2. What job does Arthur Phelps have?
(d) Head glassblower.
3. What is the name of the vicarage that Oscar is vicar of?
(c) St. John's.
4. Where does Oscar take Lucinda to dinner in Chapter 82?
(a) Petri Hotel.
(b) Belmont. Hotel.
(c) The Coat and Arms.
(d) Oriental Hotel.
5. What nickname does Mr. Jeffris call Oscar?
(a) Mr. Smudge.
(b) Holy man.
(c) Odd Oscar.
(d) The drudge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oscar describe the glassworks factory to Lucinda after he has chased her to her office?
2. What does Lucinda do after Oscar wakes up from his faint in her stateroom?
3. What does Mr. Smith force-feed Oscar to keep him quiet?
4. What does Lucinda call Mr. Ahearn when he visits that makes him blush?
5. What does Oscar ask Lucinda when he is worried about her reputation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lucinda goes to gamble at the Chinese establishment on George Street?
2. What scandal do Lucinda and Oscar create?
3. How does Oscar react to seeing Lucinda's prototype for a glass building?
4. Does Oscar admire the glassworks factory?
5. What convinces Oscar to go up to first class and seek out Lucinda?
6. How does Oscar's enthusiastic description of the phosphorescence phenomenon end up making him feel lonely and left out?
7. When does Lucinda finally realize that Oscar must love her?
8. Why is Wardley-Fish thwarted in his attempts to catch up with Oscar on the expedition?
9. Does Lucinda consider Oscar as a potential husband?
10. Why do Horace Borrodaile and Percy Smith try to get Oscar to walk on the open deck?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)