|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dennis think Lucinda looks when he sees her after she returns to Sydney?
(c) Like a teenager.
(d) Like a fool.
2. What has Oscar placed in the envelope for Lucinda?
(a) His favorite pieces of glass.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A poem.
3. What trap does Lucinda set to lure the stewards when they come to her stateroom in Chapter 56?
(a) Cards and a stack of money.
(b) Gold jewelry.
(c) Rare coins.
4. What does Lucinda call Mr. Ahearn when he visits that makes him blush?
(b) Her long lost friend.
5. Why can't Lucinda hire any maids in Chapter 73?
(a) No one works hard enough for her.
(b) They all know that Oscar is living with Lucinda.
(c) There is a shortage in the city.
(d) She does not have enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda say she envies about Oscar when they are dining out and discussing Oscar's idea of a glass church?
2. What happens to Wardley-Fish as he follows Oscar's expedition and comes across a man with a mask?
3. Who is Mrs. Smith?
4. How does Oscar originally plan to transport the church to Dennis?
5. What offends his co-workers when Oscar starts his new job as a clerk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucinda help Oscar get a job?
2. What convinces Oscar to go up to first class and seek out Lucinda?
3. How does Oscar's enthusiastic description of the phosphorescence phenomenon end up making him feel lonely and left out?
4. How does Lucinda feel about Dennis leaving Sydney to go to a parish near Boat Harbour?
5. Why does Percy Smith give Oscar laudanum on the journey?
6. Does Oscar's new congregation like him as a preacher?
7. Does Oscar believe he can withstand anything for Lucinda's love?
8. Does Oscar admire the glassworks factory?
9. Why do Horace Borrodaile and Percy Smith try to get Oscar to walk on the open deck?
10. What is the state of the glassworks factory when Lucinda returns to Sydney?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)