|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dream does Lucinda have but doesn't tell Oscar about in Chapter 77?
(a) To study medicine.
(b) To become a lawyer.
(c) To travel to Russia.
(d) To create a glass building.
2. What does Lucinda sneak out of the house to do late at night while Oscar is living with her?
(a) She has a night job.
(b) To look at the stars.
(d) Visit friends.
3. What did Oscar do to the cards when the wave crashed over the deck?
(a) Handed them to Lucinda.
(b) Shuffled them without concern.
(c) Threw them across the room.
(d) Threw them out the porthole.
4. What does Mr. Jeffris appoint Mr. Smith to be on the expedition?
(a) Oscar's keeper.
(c) Note taker.
(d) Horse handler.
5. What phobia does Oscar explain to Lucinda when he visits her stateroom?
(a) His fear of snakes.
(b) His fear of the ocean.
(c) His fear of heights.
(d) His fear of airplanes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the envelope that Lucinda gives to Oscar when Oscar leaves on the expedition?
2. When Lucinda and Oscar visit the glassworks factory, what do the men do?
3. What does the head steward announce at dinner is on view on the above deck in Chapter 52?
4. Why can't Lucinda hire any maids in Chapter 73?
5. What incident occurs in the glassworks factory that causes it to close?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)