|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucinda say she envies about Oscar when they are dining out and discussing Oscar's idea of a glass church?
(a) He knows his own value.
(b) His red hair.
(c) His close relationship with his father.
(d) The way he dresses.
2. Why is Mr. Borradaile upset when Lucinda joins his table for dinner?
(a) Women restrict the natural flow of conversation.
(b) She is too shy for his taste.
(c) He is shy in front of women.
(d) He thinks she talks too little.
3. When Oscar reveals his knowledge of gambling during Lucinda's confession, what does Lucinda say?
(a) "Mr. Hopkins, this is most improper."
(b) "Don't tell anyone."
(c) "Mr. Hopkins, you're making me blush."
(d) "Don't say that!"
4. What was the sermon about that Lucinda and Oscar feel insulted by when they go to church on a religious holiday?
(a) Evils of adultery.
(b) People without compassion.
(c) Evils of gambling.
(d) The need for charity.
5. How does Dennis think Lucinda looks when he sees her after she returns to Sydney?
(a) Like a teenager.
(d) Like a fool.
6. After Easter, what does Lucinda advertise for?
(b) Construction worker.
(c) A female glassblower and partner.
(d) House painter.
7. What is the name of the vicarage that Oscar is vicar of?
(c) St. John's.
8. Who does Oscar believe that Lucinda is in love with?
(a) Mr. Jeffris.
(b) Mr. d'Abbs.
(d) Mr. Phelps.
9. Before heading up to Lucinda's stateroom, Oscar goes to his room to retrieve his:
10. How much does Mr. Stratton plan to bet at the racetrack his first time there?
(a) One pound.
(b) Twenty pounds.
(c) His entire life savings.
(d) One hundred quid.
11. What does Lucinda think of Mr. Borradaile?
(a) He is attractive to her.
(b) He is admirable.
(c) He is too silent.
(d) He is a barbarian.
12. How does Oscar originally plan to transport the church to Dennis?
(a) By plane.
(b) By train.
(c) By sea.
(d) By land.
13. What does Lucinda offer to Mr. Jeffris and his men so that they return Oscar safely?
(a) A wagon with a soft bed.
(c) Better horses.
(d) Cash bonus.
14. What does Lucinda call Oscar that makes the other players scatter?
(b) Your Highness.
15. What do the Narcoo see for the first time in the box that fell when Oscar is on the expedition?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda long for when she is living again in Sydney after Dennis has left?
2. What was the funny name of the steward who attended Oscar when he was sick on board the ship?
3. Who mostly inhabits the parish near Boat Harbour?
4. What does Oscar ask Lucinda when he is worried about her reputation?
5. Why does Mr. Jeffris hire a trumpeter?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)