|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith call the deep wounds on the back of Oscar's hands?
(a) Dog bites.
(b) Infection caused by a disease.
(c) Accident with a saw.
(d) Prayer wounds.
2. What does Lucinda offer to Mr. Jeffris and his men so that they return Oscar safely?
(b) A wagon with a soft bed.
(c) Better horses.
(d) Cash bonus.
3. What happens to Wardley-Fish as he follows Oscar's expedition and comes across a man with a mask?
(a) He is kidnapped.
(b) He is thrown in the water.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He is tied to a tree.
4. Why is Mr. Borradaile upset when Lucinda joins his table for dinner?
(a) He is shy in front of women.
(b) Women restrict the natural flow of conversation.
(c) She is too shy for his taste.
(d) He thinks she talks too little.
5. What does Mr. Judd want to be able to do during services?
(a) Sing Handel's Messiah.
(b) Light the candles.
(c) Hand out programs.
(d) Collect the offerings.
6. What dream does Lucinda have but doesn't tell Oscar about in Chapter 77?
(a) To create a glass building.
(b) To travel to Russia.
(c) To become a lawyer.
(d) To study medicine.
7. What is Oscar's response when Lucinda says he has still not absolved her after her confession?
(a) "I'm sure you know what to do."
(b) "I need my Bible."
(c) "Where is the sin?"
(d) "We'll do it later."
8. How many days is Wardley-Fish imprisoned in Sydney?
9. What card game do Oscar and Lucinda first play in her stateroom?
(c) Gin Rummy.
10. How many days after he leaves does it take Lucinda to open Oscar's envelope?
11. What job does Arthur Phelps have?
(b) Head glassblower.
12. What game is Lucinda playing when she sees Oscar in Chapter 64?
(a) Five Card Draw.
13. What does Lucinda call Oscar that makes the other players scatter?
(c) Your Highness.
14. How did Oscar lose his horse and carriage that his bishop gave him?
(a) The horse ran off and the carriage was destroyed.
(d) Gave it to a poor parishioner.
15. How does Oscar describe the glassworks factory to Lucinda after he has chased her to her office?
(b) In bad repair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offends his co-workers when Oscar starts his new job as a clerk?
2. What does the head steward announce at dinner is on view on the above deck in Chapter 52?
3. When Lucinda and Oscar visit the glassworks factory, what do the men do?
4. What is in the envelope that Lucinda gives to Oscar when Oscar leaves on the expedition?
5. How much does Mr. Stratton plan to bet at the racetrack his first time there?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)