|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offends his co-workers when Oscar starts his new job as a clerk?
(a) Serious body odor.
(b) He reads Bible passages to them.
(c) He sings loudly.
(d) His bad language.
2. What does Mr. d'Abbs tell Lucinda that Jeffris loves?
(b) Being popular.
(d) Target practice.
3. What does Mrs. Smith call the deep wounds on the back of Oscar's hands?
(a) Dog bites.
(b) Infection caused by a disease.
(c) Prayer wounds.
(d) Accident with a saw.
4. How does Oscar decide about taking a job offer in Chapter 75?
(a) By meditating.
(b) By asking his father's advice.
(c) By flipping a coin.
(d) By praying.
5. What does Mr. Judd want to be able to do during services?
(a) Sing Handel's Messiah.
(b) Light the candles.
(c) Collect the offerings.
(d) Hand out programs.
6. What trap does Lucinda set to lure the stewards when they come to her stateroom in Chapter 56?
(a) Rare coins.
(b) Cards and a stack of money.
(c) Gold jewelry.
7. What does Oscar say about the prototype Lucinda shows him in her office?
(a) It will not work.
(b) It is a bad idea.
(c) It looks funny.
(d) It is fit for angels.
8. When Lucinda is talking with Dennis in Chapter 62, what does she take on and off?
(a) Her gloves.
9. How much does Mr. Stratton plan to bet at the racetrack his first time there?
(a) One pound.
(b) Twenty pounds.
(c) His entire life savings.
(d) One hundred quid.
10. Before heading up to Lucinda's stateroom, Oscar goes to his room to retrieve his:
11. Who mostly inhabits the parish near Boat Harbour?
(d) Wealthy landowners.
12. What does Lucinda say she envies about Oscar when they are dining out and discussing Oscar's idea of a glass church?
(a) His close relationship with his father.
(b) He knows his own value.
(c) The way he dresses.
(d) His red hair.
13. Who do the Strattons run into on their way to the racetrack at Newton Abbot?
14. Who is Mrs. Judd?
(a) Oscar's laundress.
(d) Oscar's housekeeper.
15. What does Lucinda offer to Mr. Jeffris and his men so that they return Oscar safely?
(b) Better horses.
(c) A wagon with a soft bed.
(d) Cash bonus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda sneak out of the house to do late at night while Oscar is living with her?
2. What does Lucinda call Oscar that makes the other players scatter?
3. What game is Lucinda playing when she sees Oscar in Chapter 64?
4. Where is Lucinda going at nine o'clock at night on her horse in Chapter 64?
5. What does Mr. Jeffris wish to be?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)