Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oscar say about the prototype Lucinda shows him in her office?
(a) It will not work.
(b) It is a bad idea.
(c) It is fit for angels.
(d) It looks funny.
2. How many days is Wardley-Fish imprisoned in Sydney?
3. Why does Mr. Jeffris hire a trumpeter?
(a) To lead his expedition to glory.
(b) He is starting a jazz band.
(c) It is his favorite instrument.
(d) To wake him in the morning.
4. What does Mr. d'Abbs tell Lucinda that Jeffris loves?
(c) Target practice.
(d) Being popular.
5. How does Dennis think Lucinda looks when he sees her after she returns to Sydney?
(a) Like a teenager.
(b) Like a fool.
6. What does Mr. Smith force-feed Oscar to keep him quiet?
7. When does Mr. Jeffris visit Lucinda and Oscar at their home?
(b) New Year's.
(c) Lucinda's birthday.
(d) Christmas night.
8. Where did Lucinda escape to when the ship stopped at a harbor in Chapter 60?
(c) Cape Town.
9. What was the sermon about that Lucinda and Oscar feel insulted by when they go to church on a religious holiday?
(a) People without compassion.
(b) The need for charity.
(c) Evils of adultery.
(d) Evils of gambling.
10. What do the Narcoo see for the first time in the box that fell when Oscar is on the expedition?
11. What does Horace Borrodaile speak about in his monologues on board the ship?
(a) The articles he has published.
(b) Politics, hunting, and taxes.
(c) His factory receipts.
(d) The state of his farmland.
12. What does Oscar ask Lucinda when he is worried about her reputation?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To marry Dennis.
(c) To travel with him.
(d) To take religious vows.
13. What does Lucinda offer to Mr. Jeffris and his men so that they return Oscar safely?
(a) Cash bonus.
(b) A wagon with a soft bed.
(c) Better horses.
14. What does Lucinda sneak out of the house to do late at night while Oscar is living with her?
(a) Visit friends.
(c) She has a night job.
(d) To look at the stars.
15. How does Oscar decide about taking a job offer in Chapter 75?
(a) By praying.
(b) By flipping a coin.
(c) By asking his father's advice.
(d) By meditating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Borradaile upset when Lucinda joins his table for dinner?
2. When Lucinda and Oscar visit the glassworks factory, what do the men do?
3. What does Mr. Judd want to be able to do during services?
4. What nickname does Mr. Jeffris call Oscar?
5. How did Oscar lose his horse and carriage that his bishop gave him?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)