|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucinda hurl at the wall when she becomes frustrated by Oscar?
(a) Wine Glass.
(d) Tea cup.
2. What nickname does Mr. Jeffris call Oscar?
(a) Holy man.
(b) Odd Oscar.
(c) Mr. Smudge.
(d) The drudge.
3. How long does Oscar say it will take him to build and deliver the glass church to Dennis?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) One year.
(d) Within five weeks.
4. How does Dennis think Lucinda looks when he sees her after she returns to Sydney?
(a) Like a teenager.
(b) Like a fool.
5. How does Oscar originally plan to transport the church to Dennis?
(a) By plane.
(b) By sea.
(c) By land.
(d) By train.
6. What does Lucinda call Mr. Ahearn when he visits that makes him blush?
(c) Her long lost friend.
7. What does the steward do when he comes to deliver Lucinda's tea and sees Lucinda's lure?
(a) Walks boldly up to the lure and examines it.
(b) Sits down at the table.
(c) Averts his eyes and wishes her a good night.
(d) Asks Lucinda if he can borrow it.
8. What was the funny name of the steward who attended Oscar when he was sick on board the ship?
9. In Chapter 80, what does Lucinda realize she feels for Oscar?
10. What does Horace Borrodaile speak about in his monologues on board the ship?
(a) The state of his farmland.
(b) His factory receipts.
(c) The articles he has published.
(d) Politics, hunting, and taxes.
11. What does Lucinda confess when Oscar encourages her to make her confession?
(a) Her hatred of Dennis.
(b) Her addiction to gambling.
(c) Her love for him.
(d) That she stole money from her factory workers.
12. How does Oscar describe the glassworks factory to Lucinda after he has chased her to her office?
(a) In bad repair.
13. What does Lucinda sneak out of the house to do late at night while Oscar is living with her?
(b) She has a night job.
(c) To look at the stars.
(d) Visit friends.
14. What is in the envelope that Lucinda gives to Oscar when Oscar leaves on the expedition?
(a) A drawing of the glass church.
(b) A letter to Dennis.
(c) Love sonnet.
(d) Legal document promising him her fortune.
15. How much does Mr. Stratton plan to bet at the racetrack his first time there?
(a) One pound.
(b) Twenty pounds.
(c) His entire life savings.
(d) One hundred quid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wardley-Fish do when his boat passes Oscar's ship on its expedition journey?
2. What was the sermon about that Lucinda and Oscar feel insulted by when they go to church on a religious holiday?
3. What card game do Oscar and Lucinda first play in her stateroom?
4. What does Lucinda think of Mr. Borradaile?
5. What dream does Lucinda have but doesn't tell Oscar about in Chapter 77?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)