|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food do the Strattons serve Oscar the first night he has dinner with them?
(a) Chicken salad.
(b) Shepherd's pie with raisins.
(d) Steak and potatoes.
2. What does Oscar ask Wardley-Fish to do to help him understand God's plan for his future in Chapter 42?
(a) Read a bible passage.
(b) Flip a coin.
(d) Read a tarot card.
3. What did Lucinda's parents buy her for a birthday gift?
4. What is Oscar's nickname when he is at the Oriel Seminary?
(a) Carrot top.
(d) Odd Bod.
5. Where does Lucinda go after her mother dies?
(a) Mr. Ahearn's house.
(b) A Baptist girls shelter.
(c) Bloomer Hotel.
(d) To Mrs. Cousins' boarding house.
6. What Sunday is it when Oscar leaves his father's home?
(a) First Sunday in November.
(b) Second Sunday after Easter.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Third Sunday in October.
7. After his wife's death, where did Theophilus throw his wife's clothes?
(a) The dumpster.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The sea.
(d) In a ditch.
8. What makes Dennis feel stronger about himself?
(a) Lifting weights.
(c) Being admired by women.
(d) Reading books about biology.
9. What does the membership of the Plymouth Brethren do outside the Stratton's house?
(a) Help out in the garden.
(d) Throw stones.
10. What does Mrs. Williams chase Oscar with when he sees her at the post office?
(d) Frying pan.
11. What is the name of the hotel where Lucinda stays in Sydney?
(a) Petty's Hotel.
(b) The Whimsical B&B.
(c) Gertrude's Hotel.
(d) The Coat and Arms.
12. What does Lucinda's mother feud with her neighbors about?
(a) Color of their houses.
(b) Property markings.
(c) Crooked fences.
(d) Their stray dogs.
13. Why does Ian Wardley-Fish like Oscar?
(a) He is popular.
(b) He thinks he dresses well.
(c) He is good looking.
(d) He is not boring or ordinary.
14. What does Theophilus find inscribed along the stone path in Hennecombe?
(a) Italian expressions.
(b) Pagan symbols.
(c) Curse words.
(d) French poems.
15. What does Oscar do when his father gives him the scientific name for his new grey "tor" stone in Chapter 10?
(b) Bursts into tears.
(c) Says thank you.
(d) Asks more questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda send to Dennis Hasset?
2. When Reverend Stratton suggests that Theophilus should help with Oscar's education expenses, what does Theophilus say?
3. What does Theophilus ask Mrs. Williams to do after Oscar runs away?
4. Why do the townspeople make fun of Lucinda's mother?
5. What is the name of the phenomenon having to do with glass that Lucinda witnessed as a young girl with her father?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)