|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucinda enjoy playing at Mr. d'Abbs house?
(b) Violin sonatas.
(d) Piano duets.
2. Why does Ian Wardley-Fish like Oscar?
(a) He is popular.
(b) He thinks he dresses well.
(c) He is good looking.
(d) He is not boring or ordinary.
3. What kind of factory is for sale when Lucinda arrives in Sydney?
(a) Automobile factory.
(b) Machine parts factory.
(c) Cheesecake factory.
(d) Glassworks factory.
4. How did Lucinda's father die?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) He was thrown from a horse.
(d) In his sleep.
5. What does Lucinda's mother die from?
(a) Old age.
(b) A broken heart.
(c) Spanish Flu.
(d) Heart disease.
6. When Lucinda leaves Paramatta, who takes her to Sydney?
(a) Mr. d'Abbs.
(b) Mrs. Cousins.
(c) Sol Myer.
(d) Mr. Ahearn.
7. What does Oscar pray for each night for the Strattons?
8. What does Theophilus tell Oscar that the yellow "tor" stone is made of?
(b) Cow urine.
9. How old is Oscar when he leaves his father's home?
(b) Nearly sixteen.
10. What food do the Strattons serve Oscar the first night he has dinner with them?
(b) Steak and potatoes.
(c) Chicken salad.
(d) Shepherd's pie with raisins.
11. What does Lucy make at the large table in the kitchen while Theophilus is sitting there?
12. When Oscar meets his father along the road carrying buckets, what does Theophilus look like?
(b) Shrunken with dark circles around his eyes.
(c) Healthy and vigorous.
(d) Dressed up in his best suit.
13. What was the Christian sect that Theophilus was a member of?
(d) Plymouth Brethren.
14. What does Theophilus find inscribed along the stone path in Hennecombe?
(a) Italian expressions.
(b) Curse words.
(c) Pagan symbols.
(d) French poems.
15. Why do the townspeople make fun of Lucinda's mother?
(a) She has a funny hat.
(b) She rides a unicycle.
(c) She wears bloomers.
(d) She passes out suffrage flyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theophilus ask Mrs. Williams to do after Oscar runs away?
2. What religion does Oscar believe he must follow in Chapter 9?
3. Who is Tom Wilson?
4. What local gossip does Theophilus repeat about the inscriptions along the path?
5. How does Oscar finally board the ship in Chapter 46?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)