|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the luxurious ocean liner that Oscar sails on?
(a) Sydney Sailor.
(b) London Twister.
(c) The Sir Anthony.
2. What kind of factory is for sale when Lucinda arrives in Sydney?
(a) Automobile factory.
(b) Cheesecake factory.
(c) Machine parts factory.
(d) Glassworks factory.
3. What local gossip does Theophilus repeat about the inscriptions along the path?
(a) The villagers wrote the messages.
(b) The villagers believe they are magical.
(c) His rival created them.
(d) The blank square is used for sacrificing goats.
4. What does Lucinda steal from the boat and place on the hotel counter in Sydney?
5. After his wife's death, where did Theophilus throw his wife's clothes?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) The dumpster.
(c) The fireplace.
(d) The sea.
6. What was the Christian sect that Theophilus was a member of?
(b) Plymouth Brethren.
7. Who is terrified of the sea?
(a) Mrs. Williams.
8. Who is Melody Clutterbuck?
(a) Theophilus' niece.
(b) Mentor to Oscar.
(c) Wardlely-Fish's fiancee.
(d) Stratton's sister.
9. Where was Lucinda Leplastrier born?
(c) New South Wales.
10. What does Theophilus Hopkins study in the natural world?
(a) The sea.
(c) Plants in Australia.
11. What is Lucinda's state of mind when she first arrives on the ship?
12. What does Lucinda enjoy playing at Mr. d'Abbs house?
(c) Violin sonatas.
(d) Piano duets.
13. What does Theophilus tell Oscar that the yellow "tor" stone is made of?
(c) Cow urine.
14. What religion does Oscar believe he must follow in Chapter 9?
15. What does the willow pattern on the Stratton's china look like to Oscar?
(a) Pagan symbols.
(b) Letters from the alphabet.
(c) A beautiful drawing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oscar meets his father along the road carrying buckets, what does Theophilus look like?
2. What does Dennis tell Lucinda is lacking in his life?
3. What does Oscar ask Wardley-Fish to do to help him understand God's plan for his future in Chapter 42?
4. What does Theophilus check every morning as Oscar stands on a footstool?
5. What is the name of the church that the narrator and his family go to each Sunday?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)