|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theophilus Hopkins study in the natural world?
(c) Plants in Australia.
(d) The sea.
2. When Reverend Stratton suggests that Theophilus should help with Oscar's education expenses, what does Theophilus say?
(a) Going to Oriel will place him in everlasting hell.
(b) He is happy to help.
(c) He will give him one year's tuition.
(d) He makes Oscar get a loan.
3. What does Lucinda's mother die from?
(a) Heart disease.
(b) A broken heart.
(c) Spanish Flu.
(d) Old age.
4. What is the custom for the Sunday School children to do for Palm Sunday?
(a) Decorate the church.
(b) Serve refreshments.
(c) Hand out bulletins.
5. What noise is described as being as "definite as a walnut cracking?"
(b) The man's head cracking.
(c) Car backfiring.
(d) Angry clapping.
6. What is the name of the church that the narrator and his family go to each Sunday?
(a) Three River Church.
(b) Assumption Church.
(c) St. John's.
(d) St. Mary's.
7. What do the Baptist boys make Oscar eat?
(d) Chocolate pudding.
8. What Sunday is it when Oscar leaves his father's home?
(a) Third Sunday in October.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) Second Sunday after Easter.
(d) First Sunday in November.
9. What is the name of Theophilus' book?
(a) Sea Stories.
(b) Nature in the Raw.
(c) Hennacombe Rambles.
(d) Sea Creatures at Large.
10. What did Theophilus believe Christmas was?
(a) A time for family celebration.
(b) The best holiday.
(c) A Christian holiday.
(d) A pagan holiday.
11. When Oscar meets his father along the road carrying buckets, what does Theophilus look like?
(a) Shrunken with dark circles around his eyes.
(b) Healthy and vigorous.
(d) Dressed up in his best suit.
12. What color eyes does Lucinda have?
13. What does Oscar ask Wardley-Fish to do to help him understand God's plan for his future in Chapter 42?
(b) Flip a coin.
(c) Read a tarot card.
(d) Read a bible passage.
14. Where was Lucinda Leplastrier born?
(a) New South Wales.
15. What does Ian Wardley-Fish teach Oscar to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Williams chase Oscar with when he sees her at the post office?
2. When Lucinda leaves Paramatta, who takes her to Sydney?
3. Where does Lucinda go after her mother dies?
4. What does Theophilus find inscribed along the stone path in Hennecombe?
5. What does Mrs. Stratton ask Oscar his opinion about the first night he dines with them?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)