|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tom Wilson?
(a) Dennis' friend.
(b) Harvey Figg's assistant.
(c) Lucinda's boyfriend.
(d) Lucinda's cousin.
2. What is the name of the hotel where Lucinda stays in Sydney?
(a) Petty's Hotel.
(b) The Whimsical B&B.
(c) The Coat and Arms.
(d) Gertrude's Hotel.
3. What does Oscar plan to do once he has earned enough money from gambling in Chapter 41?
(a) Travel to New Guinea.
(b) Give all his money to his father.
(c) Travel to New South Wales as a missionary.
(d) Spend his money on a house.
4. Why did the narrator's mother take the wire from the fuse in Chapter 2?
(a) To create a bracelet.
(b) To hang a picture.
(c) To fix a broken chain.
(d) To make an Advent wreath.
5. After Lucinda's father dies, where does her mother want to return to?
6. What extravagant gift does Oscar send the Strattons when he is at Oriel?
7. How far away is the church the narrator's family attends?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) One mile.
(c) Four miles.
(d) Two miles.
8. What local gossip does Theophilus repeat about the inscriptions along the path?
(a) His rival created them.
(b) The villagers believe they are magical.
(c) The villagers wrote the messages.
(d) The blank square is used for sacrificing goats.
9. What does Theophilus tell Oscar that the yellow "tor" stone is made of?
(d) Cow urine.
10. What does Mr. Stratton call Oscar at the end of Chapter 30?
(a) A fool.
(b) A devious person.
(d) A good boy.
11. What was Lucinda's mother's dream?
(a) To get a medical degree.
(b) To own a factory.
(c) To teach fifth grade.
(d) To publish a book.
12. What did Lucinda's parents buy her for a birthday gift?
13. What does Theophilus check every morning as Oscar stands on a footstool?
(a) Oscar's scalp.
(b) Oscar's lungs.
(c) Oscar's teeth.
(d) Oscar's heart.
14. Who did the narrator's mother love to invite over for tea?
(a) Her son's friends.
(b) Her relatives.
(c) The bishop.
(d) Other mothers.
15. What color eyes does Lucinda have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oscar finally board the ship in Chapter 46?
2. Why does Ian Wardley-Fish like Oscar?
3. Where is Oscar sitting when Lucinda talks with him on board the ship?
4. What does the membership of the Plymouth Brethren do outside the Stratton's house?
5. What is the name of the church that the narrator and his family go to each Sunday?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)