|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Baptist boys make Oscar eat?
(c) Chocolate pudding.
2. How does Oscar finally board the ship in Chapter 46?
(b) In a cage pulled up by a crane.
(c) Walking without help.
(d) In a wheelchair.
3. What does Theophilus Hopkins study in the natural world?
(a) The sea.
(b) Plants in Australia.
4. What is Oscar's nickname when he is at the Oriel Seminary?
(b) Odd Bod.
(c) Carrot top.
5. What is the name of the phenomenon having to do with glass that Lucinda witnessed as a young girl with her father?
(a) Natural Resurgence.
(c) Prince Rupert's drops.
(d) Circumzenithal arc.
6. After his wife's death, where did Theophilus throw his wife's clothes?
(a) The dumpster.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) The sea.
(d) The fireplace.
7. What does Lucinda ask of Oscar the first time she talks with him?
(a) To play cards.
(b) To hear her confession.
(c) To place a bet on the horses.
(d) If he has any money to lend.
8. What is the name of the luxurious ocean liner that Oscar sails on?
(b) London Twister.
(c) Sydney Sailor.
(d) The Sir Anthony.
9. Why does Lucinda say she is jealous of Dennis?
(a) He has nice hair.
(b) He can play the piano.
(c) Because he is a man and can enter the glassworks.
(d) He had the opportunity to attend college.
10. What does Mrs. Williams chase Oscar with when he sees her at the post office?
(a) Frying pan.
11. Why did the narrator's mother take the wire from the fuse in Chapter 2?
(a) To create a bracelet.
(b) To fix a broken chain.
(c) To make an Advent wreath.
(d) To hang a picture.
12. What did Lucinda's parents buy her for a birthday gift?
13. When Lucinda leaves Paramatta, who takes her to Sydney?
(a) Sol Myer.
(b) Mr. d'Abbs.
(c) Mr. Ahearn.
(d) Mrs. Cousins.
14. What does Mrs. Stratton ask Oscar his opinion about the first night he dines with them?
(a) Greek versus Latin languages.
(b) The dining room curtains.
(c) The propriety of having more than one altar.
(d) The new china pattern she has selected.
15. What does Lucinda's mother die from?
(a) Spanish Flu.
(b) Heart disease.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar plan to do once he has earned enough money from gambling in Chapter 41?
2. What noise is described as being as "definite as a walnut cracking?"
3. What was Lucinda's mother's dream?
4. Why do the townspeople make fun of Lucinda's mother?
5. What is the custom for the Sunday School children to do for Palm Sunday?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)