|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the names of Lucinda's parents?
(a) Nancy and Dick.
(b) Elizabeth and Abel.
(c) Patty and John.
(d) Julia and Daniel.
2. What was Lucinda's mother's dream?
(a) To teach fifth grade.
(b) To get a medical degree.
(c) To own a factory.
(d) To publish a book.
3. What did Theophilus believe Christmas was?
(a) The best holiday.
(b) A time for family celebration.
(c) A Christian holiday.
(d) A pagan holiday.
4. What does Lucinda ask of Oscar the first time she talks with him?
(a) To hear her confession.
(b) To place a bet on the horses.
(c) If he has any money to lend.
(d) To play cards.
5. Who is terrified of the sea?
(d) Mrs. Williams.
6. Why can't Mrs. Stratton have an official position in the Anglican church?
(a) Her husband has been made a bishop.
(b) Her husband is too powerful.
(c) She's a woman and is not allowed to.
(d) She would have to give up her well-paying job.
7. Why does Lucinda like to spend time in Dennis' study?
(a) She likes to read his Wilkie Collins books.
(b) To play the violin.
(c) For friendship and warmth.
(d) To do yoga.
8. After Lucinda's father dies, where does her mother want to return to?
9. Who is Tom Wilson?
(a) Lucinda's cousin.
(b) Lucinda's boyfriend.
(c) Dennis' friend.
(d) Harvey Figg's assistant.
10. What excuse does Lucinda give Dennis when she tells him she must leave before their celebratory dinner in Chapter 40?
(a) She has an appointment.
(b) She doesn't eat beef.
(c) She is sleepy.
(d) She has to mail a letter.
11. What does Mrs. Stratton ask Oscar his opinion about the first night he dines with them?
(a) The new china pattern she has selected.
(b) Greek versus Latin languages.
(c) The propriety of having more than one altar.
(d) The dining room curtains.
12. How old is Elizabeth Mullins?
13. Where was Lucinda Leplastrier born?
(a) New South Wales.
14. What does Lucinda steal from the boat and place on the hotel counter in Sydney?
15. What is Oscar's nickname when he is at the Oriel Seminary?
(a) Odd Bod.
(d) Carrot top.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oscar finally board the ship in Chapter 46?
2. What does Oscar do when his father gives him the scientific name for his new grey "tor" stone in Chapter 10?
3. After his wife's death, where did Theophilus throw his wife's clothes?
4. Where is Oscar sitting when Lucinda talks with him on board the ship?
5. What makes Dennis feel stronger about himself?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)