|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the narrator's mother love to invite over for tea?
(a) Her son's friends.
(b) Her relatives.
(c) Other mothers.
(d) The bishop.
2. What was the Christian sect that Theophilus was a member of?
(d) Plymouth Brethren.
3. What does the membership of the Plymouth Brethren do outside the Stratton's house?
(a) Help out in the garden.
(d) Throw stones.
4. What does Ian Wardley-Fish teach Oscar to do?
5. What was Lucinda's mother's dream?
(a) To teach fifth grade.
(b) To publish a book.
(c) To own a factory.
(d) To get a medical degree.
6. What does Theophilus ask Mrs. Williams to do after Oscar runs away?
(a) Pack away Oscar's belongings.
(b) Travel to the city for supplies.
(c) Kneel and pray.
(d) Take over Oscar's chores.
7. What is the name of the hotel where Lucinda stays in Sydney?
(a) Gertrude's Hotel.
(b) Petty's Hotel.
(c) The Whimsical B&B.
(d) The Coat and Arms.
8. What does Lucinda enjoy playing at Mr. d'Abbs house?
(a) Piano duets.
(c) Violin sonatas.
9. What noise is described as being as "definite as a walnut cracking?"
(a) Angry clapping.
(b) The man's head cracking.
(c) Car backfiring.
10. What does Oscar ask Wardley-Fish to do to help him understand God's plan for his future in Chapter 42?
(b) Flip a coin.
(c) Read a tarot card.
(d) Read a bible passage.
11. Why did the narrator's mother take the wire from the fuse in Chapter 2?
(a) To create a bracelet.
(b) To fix a broken chain.
(c) To hang a picture.
(d) To make an Advent wreath.
12. Where was Lucinda Leplastrier born?
(b) New South Wales.
13. What religion does Oscar believe he must follow in Chapter 9?
14. What does Mrs. Stratton ask Oscar his opinion about the first night he dines with them?
(a) The propriety of having more than one altar.
(b) Greek versus Latin languages.
(c) The new china pattern she has selected.
(d) The dining room curtains.
15. Why does Lucinda say she is jealous of Dennis?
(a) He can play the piano.
(b) Because he is a man and can enter the glassworks.
(c) He has nice hair.
(d) He had the opportunity to attend college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda send to Dennis Hasset?
2. What does Lucinda mainly remember about her mother?
3. Why is Dennis not in love with Lucinda?
4. What does Oscar plan to do once he has earned enough money from gambling in Chapter 41?
5. What does Mrs. Williams chase Oscar with when he sees her at the post office?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)