|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oscar ask Wardley-Fish to do to help him understand God's plan for his future in Chapter 42?
(a) Read a tarot card.
(b) Read a bible passage.
(c) Flip a coin.
2. What does Mr. Stratton call Oscar at the end of Chapter 30?
(a) A good boy.
(b) A fool.
(d) A devious person.
3. What does Oscar believe about his passion for gambling?
(a) It is sinful.
(b) He would be lost without it.
(c) It is good for him.
(d) He believes everyone should have a passion.
4. What excuse does Lucinda give Dennis when she tells him she must leave before their celebratory dinner in Chapter 40?
(a) She doesn't eat beef.
(b) She has to mail a letter.
(c) She has an appointment.
(d) She is sleepy.
5. Where is Oscar sitting when Lucinda talks with him on board the ship?
(a) In the bathtub.
(b) On the sun deck.
(c) Lounge chair.
(d) Red-velvet settee.
6. What does Theophilus find inscribed along the stone path in Hennecombe?
(a) Italian expressions.
(b) Pagan symbols.
(c) French poems.
(d) Curse words.
7. What does Lucinda send to Dennis Hasset?
(a) Invitation to tea.
8. What is the name of Theophilus' book?
(a) Sea Stories.
(b) Sea Creatures at Large.
(c) Nature in the Raw.
(d) Hennacombe Rambles.
9. What did Lucinda's parents buy her for a birthday gift?
10. How did Lucinda's father die?
(b) In his sleep.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) He was thrown from a horse.
11. What does Oscar find in the envelope that Reverend Stratton sent him?
(a) Bookmark from his youth.
(b) Letter from his father.
(d) Betting slip.
12. When Oscar meets his father along the road carrying buckets, what does Theophilus look like?
(a) Dressed up in his best suit.
(c) Shrunken with dark circles around his eyes.
(d) Healthy and vigorous.
13. What did Theophilus believe Christmas was?
(a) A pagan holiday.
(b) The best holiday.
(c) A time for family celebration.
(d) A Christian holiday.
14. What is Oscar's nickname when he is at the Oriel Seminary?
(a) Carrot top.
(b) Odd Bod.
15. What occupation does Oscar have after graduating from Oriel?
(a) Bookstore clerk.
(b) School teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lucinda Leplastrier born?
2. Why do the townspeople make fun of Lucinda's mother?
3. What does Lucinda enjoy playing at Mr. d'Abbs house?
4. What does Lucy make at the large table in the kitchen while Theophilus is sitting there?
5. Where did Lucinda's parents keep their money?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)