|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise is described as being as "definite as a walnut cracking?"
(a) Car backfiring.
(b) Angry clapping.
(c) The man's head cracking.
2. Where was Lucinda Leplastrier born?
(b) New South Wales.
3. After Lucinda's father dies, where does her mother want to return to?
4. Who is Tom Wilson?
(a) Lucinda's boyfriend.
(b) Dennis' friend.
(c) Lucinda's cousin.
(d) Harvey Figg's assistant.
5. What were the names of Lucinda's parents?
(a) Nancy and Dick.
(b) Elizabeth and Abel.
(c) Julia and Daniel.
(d) Patty and John.
6. Why can't Mrs. Stratton have an official position in the Anglican church?
(a) She would have to give up her well-paying job.
(b) She's a woman and is not allowed to.
(c) Her husband is too powerful.
(d) Her husband has been made a bishop.
7. What does Lucinda's mother plan to do with the farm so she can retire from farming?
(a) Let the land grow fallow.
(b) Turn it into a coffee planation.
(c) Divide it into five parcels and sell it.
(d) Sell it to a cattle baron.
8. What food do the Strattons serve Oscar the first night he has dinner with them?
(a) Shepherd's pie with raisins.
(b) Steak and potatoes.
(d) Chicken salad.
9. What does Lucinda ask of Oscar the first time she talks with him?
(a) To play cards.
(b) If he has any money to lend.
(c) To place a bet on the horses.
(d) To hear her confession.
10. Why does Ian Wardley-Fish like Oscar?
(a) He is not boring or ordinary.
(b) He is popular.
(c) He thinks he dresses well.
(d) He is good looking.
11. What is the name of Theophilus' book?
(a) Sea Creatures at Large.
(b) Nature in the Raw.
(c) Sea Stories.
(d) Hennacombe Rambles.
12. What religion does Oscar believe he must follow in Chapter 9?
13. What is the name of Dennis' church?
(a) Church of Mary.
(b) All Saints.
(c) Corpus Christi.
(d) St. George.
14. What is the name of the hotel where Lucinda stays in Sydney?
(a) The Whimsical B&B.
(b) The Coat and Arms.
(c) Gertrude's Hotel.
(d) Petty's Hotel.
15. How old is Elizabeth Mullins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theophilus Hopkins study in the natural world?
2. How does Oscar disappoint Wardley-Fish when they go to Cremorne Gardens?
3. What makes Dennis feel stronger about himself?
4. Who is Melody Clutterbuck?
5. What does Lucinda send to Dennis Hasset?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)