|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oscar finally board the ship in Chapter 46?
(a) In a wheelchair.
(c) Walking without help.
(d) In a cage pulled up by a crane.
2. Where does Oscar go to live after graduating from Oriel?
(b) Notting Hill.
(c) South Hampshire.
3. What Sunday is it when Oscar leaves his father's home?
(a) Second Sunday after Easter.
(b) First Sunday in November.
(c) Third Sunday in October.
(d) Christmas Day.
4. Where was Lucinda Leplastrier born?
(a) New South Wales.
5. Who is Tom Wilson?
(a) Lucinda's cousin.
(b) Harvey Figg's assistant.
(c) Lucinda's boyfriend.
(d) Dennis' friend.
6. What religion does Oscar believe he must follow in Chapter 9?
7. What noise is described as being as "definite as a walnut cracking?"
(a) Car backfiring.
(b) Angry clapping.
(c) The man's head cracking.
8. What is the name of the luxurious ocean liner that Oscar sails on?
(a) The Sir Anthony.
(b) Sydney Sailor.
(d) London Twister.
9. What does Oscar pray for each night for the Strattons?
10. What food do the Strattons serve Oscar the first night he has dinner with them?
(b) Steak and potatoes.
(c) Chicken salad.
(d) Shepherd's pie with raisins.
11. What is Oscar's nickname when he is at the Oriel Seminary?
(b) Odd Bod.
(c) Carrot top.
12. What does Lucinda think of George Eliot?
(a) She is a snob.
(b) She enjoys talking with her about glass.
(c) She enjoys her company.
(d) She loves her.
13. What color eyes does Lucinda have?
14. What does Lucinda send to Dennis Hasset?
(d) Invitation to tea.
15. What does Oscar do when his father gives him the scientific name for his new grey "tor" stone in Chapter 10?
(a) Asks more questions.
(b) Bursts into tears.
(d) Says thank you.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the narrator's mother take the wire from the fuse in Chapter 2?
2. What does Ian Wardley-Fish teach Oscar to do?
3. Who is terrified of the sea?
4. What does Oscar find in the envelope that Reverend Stratton sent him?
5. What does superstition say about a caul?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)