|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theophilus check every morning as Oscar stands on a footstool?
(a) Oscar's teeth.
(b) Oscar's heart.
(c) Oscar's lungs.
(d) Oscar's scalp.
2. What did Lucinda's parents buy her for a birthday gift?
3. What color eyes does Lucinda have?
4. What does Mrs. Williams chase Oscar with when he sees her at the post office?
(d) Frying pan.
5. When Oscar is peering through the fence at Reverend Stratton butchering a pig, what does Stratton throw at Oscar?
(c) Pine cone.
6. What does Lucy make at the large table in the kitchen while Theophilus is sitting there?
7. What does Oscar plan to do once he has earned enough money from gambling in Chapter 41?
(a) Travel to New Guinea.
(b) Travel to New South Wales as a missionary.
(c) Give all his money to his father.
(d) Spend his money on a house.
8. Why does Lucinda say she is jealous of Dennis?
(a) He has nice hair.
(b) He had the opportunity to attend college.
(c) Because he is a man and can enter the glassworks.
(d) He can play the piano.
9. What does Oscar pray for each night for the Strattons?
10. How far away is the church the narrator's family attends?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Four miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) One mile.
11. After Lucinda's father dies, where does her mother want to return to?
12. Why does Ian Wardley-Fish like Oscar?
(a) He is good looking.
(b) He is not boring or ordinary.
(c) He thinks he dresses well.
(d) He is popular.
13. What does Theophilus tell Oscar that the yellow "tor" stone is made of?
(b) Cow urine.
14. Where does Lucinda go after her mother dies?
(a) Bloomer Hotel.
(b) A Baptist girls shelter.
(c) Mr. Ahearn's house.
(d) To Mrs. Cousins' boarding house.
15. What religion does Oscar believe he must follow in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who earns a sixpence a week?
2. What does the willow pattern on the Stratton's china look like to Oscar?
3. What food do the Strattons serve Oscar the first night he has dinner with them?
4. What was Lucinda's mother's dream?
5. What does Ian Wardley-Fish teach Oscar to do?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)