|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color eyes does Lucinda have?
2. What were the names of Lucinda's parents?
(a) Elizabeth and Abel.
(b) Julia and Daniel.
(c) Patty and John.
(d) Nancy and Dick.
3. After Lucinda's father dies, where does her mother want to return to?
4. How does Oscar disappoint Wardley-Fish when they go to Cremorne Gardens?
(a) He arrives four hours late.
(b) He does not wear a coat and tie.
(c) He says he doesn't like the place and leaves.
(d) He won't drink champagne.
5. What is the name of the phenomenon having to do with glass that Lucinda witnessed as a young girl with her father?
(a) Natural Resurgence.
(c) Circumzenithal arc.
(d) Prince Rupert's drops.
6. Why is Dennis not in love with Lucinda?
(a) She is too pretty.
(b) She has too little money.
(c) He thinks she is not suitable.
(d) He doesn't like her parents.
7. What does Elizabeth Mullins say when she attempts to lay the palm leaf underneath the horse's feet?
(a) Be careful!
(b) Slow down!
(c) Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest.
8. Where is Oscar sitting when Lucinda talks with him on board the ship?
(a) On the sun deck.
(b) Red-velvet settee.
(c) Lounge chair.
(d) In the bathtub.
9. What does Theophilus check every morning as Oscar stands on a footstool?
(a) Oscar's scalp.
(b) Oscar's lungs.
(c) Oscar's heart.
(d) Oscar's teeth.
10. Why did the narrator's mother take the wire from the fuse in Chapter 2?
(a) To create a bracelet.
(b) To fix a broken chain.
(c) To hang a picture.
(d) To make an Advent wreath.
11. What is the name of the hotel where Lucinda stays in Sydney?
(a) The Whimsical B&B.
(b) Gertrude's Hotel.
(c) The Coat and Arms.
(d) Petty's Hotel.
12. What does Lucinda's mother feud with her neighbors about?
(a) Color of their houses.
(b) Property markings.
(c) Their stray dogs.
(d) Crooked fences.
13. What does Lucinda enjoy playing at Mr. d'Abbs house?
(a) Violin sonatas.
(b) Piano duets.
14. Who is Melody Clutterbuck?
(a) Stratton's sister.
(b) Wardlely-Fish's fiancee.
(c) Mentor to Oscar.
(d) Theophilus' niece.
15. What does Dennis tell Lucinda is lacking in his life?
(a) A change in his routine.
(b) Deep passion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oscar is peering through the fence at Reverend Stratton butchering a pig, what does Stratton throw at Oscar?
2. Where does Oscar go to live after graduating from Oriel?
3. What does Lucinda think of George Eliot?
4. What is the name of Theophilus' book?
5. How old is Elizabeth Mullins?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)