Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Dennis feel stronger about himself?
(a) Being admired by women.
(b) Reading books about biology.
(c) Lifting weights.
2. What does superstition say about a caul?
(a) Adults should not use it for fear of disease.
(b) It is a bad luck charm.
(c) It brings good luck to babies.
(d) It protects against drowning.
3. Why does Ian Wardley-Fish like Oscar?
(a) He is good looking.
(b) He thinks he dresses well.
(c) He is popular.
(d) He is not boring or ordinary.
4. What does Oscar plan to do once he has earned enough money from gambling in Chapter 41?
(a) Give all his money to his father.
(b) Travel to New Guinea.
(c) Spend his money on a house.
(d) Travel to New South Wales as a missionary.
5. Who earns a sixpence a week?
(b) Mrs. Millar, the Stratton's cook.
(c) Mr. Stratton.
(d) Mrs. Williams.
6. How does Melody feel about her companions on board the ship?
7. What excuse does Lucinda give Dennis when she tells him she must leave before their celebratory dinner in Chapter 40?
(a) She has an appointment.
(b) She doesn't eat beef.
(c) She is sleepy.
(d) She has to mail a letter.
8. What Sunday is it when Oscar leaves his father's home?
(a) First Sunday in November.
(b) Second Sunday after Easter.
(c) Third Sunday in October.
(d) Christmas Day.
9. Where does Oscar go to live after graduating from Oriel?
(b) South Hampshire.
(c) Notting Hill.
10. What does Lucinda ask of Oscar the first time she talks with him?
(a) To play cards.
(b) To place a bet on the horses.
(c) If he has any money to lend.
(d) To hear her confession.
11. How far away is the church the narrator's family attends?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Four miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) One mile.
12. Who is Melody Clutterbuck?
(a) Wardlely-Fish's fiancee.
(b) Stratton's sister.
(c) Theophilus' niece.
(d) Mentor to Oscar.
13. What is the name of the luxurious ocean liner that Oscar sails on?
(a) The Sir Anthony.
(b) London Twister.
(d) Sydney Sailor.
14. What kind of factory is for sale when Lucinda arrives in Sydney?
(a) Machine parts factory.
(b) Automobile factory.
(c) Glassworks factory.
(d) Cheesecake factory.
15. What extravagant gift does Oscar send the Strattons when he is at Oriel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oscar disappoint Wardley-Fish when they go to Cremorne Gardens?
2. What is Lucinda's state of mind when she first arrives on the ship?
3. What was Lucinda's mother's dream?
4. When Lucinda leaves Paramatta, who takes her to Sydney?
5. Where did Lucinda's parents keep their money?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)