|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Elizabeth Mullins?
2. What local gossip does Theophilus repeat about the inscriptions along the path?
(a) The blank square is used for sacrificing goats.
(b) The villagers believe they are magical.
(c) The villagers wrote the messages.
(d) His rival created them.
3. What is the name of the luxurious ocean liner that Oscar sails on?
(a) London Twister.
(b) Sydney Sailor.
(c) The Sir Anthony.
4. What does Lucy make at the large table in the kitchen while Theophilus is sitting there?
5. Who earns a sixpence a week?
(a) Mrs. Williams.
(c) Mr. Stratton.
(d) Mrs. Millar, the Stratton's cook.
6. What color eyes does Lucinda have?
7. Where does Lucinda go after her mother dies?
(a) A Baptist girls shelter.
(b) To Mrs. Cousins' boarding house.
(c) Bloomer Hotel.
(d) Mr. Ahearn's house.
8. How did Lucinda's father die?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) In his sleep.
(d) He was thrown from a horse.
9. What does Dennis tell Lucinda is lacking in his life?
(a) A change in his routine.
(c) Deep passion.
10. What does Lucinda's mother die from?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) Old age.
(c) Spanish Flu.
(d) Heart disease.
11. Where is Theophilus injured when he is in the water on Christmas Day in Chapter 5?
12. How does Melody feel about her companions on board the ship?
13. What is the name of the hotel where Lucinda stays in Sydney?
(a) The Whimsical B&B.
(b) The Coat and Arms.
(c) Gertrude's Hotel.
(d) Petty's Hotel.
14. What does Oscar do when his father gives him the scientific name for his new grey "tor" stone in Chapter 10?
(b) Bursts into tears.
(c) Says thank you.
(d) Asks more questions.
15. What does Lucinda steal from the boat and place on the hotel counter in Sydney?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar ask Wardley-Fish to do to help him understand God's plan for his future in Chapter 42?
2. What is trapped in the mudflats below Mr. d'Abbs house?
3. Why does Ian Wardley-Fish like Oscar?
4. What does Oscar believe about his passion for gambling?
5. What does Theophilus tell Oscar that the yellow "tor" stone is made of?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)