|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 101 - 111.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oscar reveals his knowledge of gambling during Lucinda's confession, what does Lucinda say?
(a) "Mr. Hopkins, this is most improper."
(b) "Mr. Hopkins, you're making me blush."
(c) "Don't say that!"
(d) "Don't tell anyone."
2. How does Oscar describe the glassworks factory to Lucinda after he has chased her to her office?
(a) In bad repair.
3. When Lucinda leaves Paramatta, who takes her to Sydney?
(a) Sol Myer.
(b) Mrs. Cousins.
(c) Mr. d'Abbs.
(d) Mr. Ahearn.
4. Who do the Strattons run into on their way to the racetrack at Newton Abbot?
5. What does Lucinda mainly remember about her mother?
(a) Her conservative clothing.
(b) Her sweetness.
(c) Her fine cooking.
(d) Her bitterness and anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Lucinda hire any maids in Chapter 73?
2. Who is Tom Wilson?
3. How does Oscar die?
4. What does Mr. Smith force-feed Oscar to keep him quiet?
5. What does Oscar plan to do once he has earned enough money from gambling in Chapter 41?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)