|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81 - 90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oscar finally board the ship in Chapter 46?
(a) Walking without help.
(c) In a cage pulled up by a crane.
(d) In a wheelchair.
2. What does Lucinda's mother die from?
(a) Spanish Flu.
(b) Old age.
(c) Heart disease.
(d) A broken heart.
3. What is the name of Theophilus' book?
(a) Sea Creatures at Large.
(b) Hennacombe Rambles.
(c) Sea Stories.
(d) Nature in the Raw.
4. Who does Oscar believe that Lucinda is in love with?
(b) Mr. Phelps.
(c) Mr. d'Abbs.
(d) Mr. Jeffris.
5. What does Theophilus find inscribed along the stone path in Hennecombe?
(a) Curse words.
(b) Pagan symbols.
(c) French poems.
(d) Italian expressions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the sermon about that Lucinda and Oscar feel insulted by when they go to church on a religious holiday?
2. Who is terrified of the sea?
3. What does Horace Borrodaile speak about in his monologues on board the ship?
4. What does superstition say about a caul?
5. When Reverend Stratton suggests that Theophilus should help with Oscar's education expenses, what does Theophilus say?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)