|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41 - 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food do the Strattons serve Oscar the first night he has dinner with them?
(a) Chicken salad.
(b) Steak and potatoes.
(d) Shepherd's pie with raisins.
2. What is the name of the church that the narrator and his family go to each Sunday?
(a) Three River Church.
(b) St. John's.
(c) Assumption Church.
(d) St. Mary's.
3. What does Mrs. Williams chase Oscar with when he sees her at the post office?
(b) Frying pan.
4. Why do the townspeople make fun of Lucinda's mother?
(a) She wears bloomers.
(b) She passes out suffrage flyers.
(c) She rides a unicycle.
(d) She has a funny hat.
5. What does Oscar find in the envelope that Reverend Stratton sent him?
(b) Bookmark from his youth.
(c) Letter from his father.
(d) Betting slip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does superstition say about a caul?
2. What does Lucinda steal from the boat and place on the hotel counter in Sydney?
3. Where did Lucinda's parents keep their money?
4. What do the Baptist boys make Oscar eat?
5. What does Theophilus tell Oscar that the yellow "tor" stone is made of?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)