|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Lucinda give Dennis when she tells him she must leave before their celebratory dinner in Chapter 40?
(a) She is sleepy.
(b) She has to mail a letter.
(c) She doesn't eat beef.
(d) She has an appointment.
2. What does Lucinda's mother plan to do with the farm so she can retire from farming?
(a) Sell it to a cattle baron.
(b) Let the land grow fallow.
(c) Divide it into five parcels and sell it.
(d) Turn it into a coffee planation.
3. What religion does Oscar believe he must follow in Chapter 9?
4. What does Lucinda's mother die from?
(a) Heart disease.
(b) Old age.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) Spanish Flu.
5. What does Lucinda enjoy playing at Mr. d'Abbs house?
(a) Piano duets.
(b) Violin sonatas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda steal from the boat and place on the hotel counter in Sydney?
2. What does Lucinda's mother feud with her neighbors about?
3. When Reverend Stratton suggests that Theophilus should help with Oscar's education expenses, what does Theophilus say?
4. Why did the narrator's mother take the wire from the fuse in Chapter 2?
5. What does Mr. Stratton call Oscar at the end of Chapter 30?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)