|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theophilus check every morning as Oscar stands on a footstool?
(a) Oscar's heart.
(b) Oscar's scalp.
(c) Oscar's teeth.
(d) Oscar's lungs.
2. Where does Lucinda go after her mother dies?
(a) Mr. Ahearn's house.
(b) To Mrs. Cousins' boarding house.
(c) Bloomer Hotel.
(d) A Baptist girls shelter.
3. Why does Lucinda like to spend time in Dennis' study?
(a) For friendship and warmth.
(b) To do yoga.
(c) To play the violin.
(d) She likes to read his Wilkie Collins books.
4. What does Lucinda mainly remember about her mother?
(a) Her fine cooking.
(b) Her sweetness.
(c) Her bitterness and anger.
(d) Her conservative clothing.
5. After Lucinda's father dies, where does her mother want to return to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say was responsible for the story of the church?
2. What do the Baptist boys make Oscar eat?
3. What does Mrs. Williams chase Oscar with when he sees her at the post office?
4. Who did the narrator's mother love to invite over for tea?
5. What does Lucinda send to Dennis Hasset?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)