|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81 - 90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Horace Borrodaile speak about in his monologues on board the ship?
(a) His factory receipts.
(b) The state of his farmland.
(c) The articles he has published.
(d) Politics, hunting, and taxes.
2. What does Lucinda say she envies about Oscar when they are dining out and discussing Oscar's idea of a glass church?
(a) The way he dresses.
(b) His close relationship with his father.
(c) His red hair.
(d) He knows his own value.
3. What does Mr. Stratton call Oscar at the end of Chapter 30?
(a) A good boy.
(c) A fool.
(d) A devious person.
4. What trap does Lucinda set to lure the stewards when they come to her stateroom in Chapter 56?
(a) Gold jewelry.
(b) Rare coins.
(c) Cards and a stack of money.
5. What was Lucinda's mother's dream?
(a) To get a medical degree.
(b) To publish a book.
(c) To own a factory.
(d) To teach fifth grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda do after Oscar wakes up from his faint in her stateroom?
2. What is Oscar's response when Lucinda says he has still not absolved her after her confession?
3. What does Mr. Jeffris wish to be?
4. What does Ian Wardley-Fish teach Oscar to do?
5. What card game do Oscar and Lucinda first play in her stateroom?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)