|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81 - 90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucinda say she envies about Oscar when they are dining out and discussing Oscar's idea of a glass church?
(a) The way he dresses.
(b) His close relationship with his father.
(c) He knows his own value.
(d) His red hair.
2. What does Mrs. d'Abbs press into Oscar's hand when he and Lucinda leave her house after arguing with her husband?
3. Where did Lucinda escape to when the ship stopped at a harbor in Chapter 60?
(a) Cape Town.
4. What unresolved obligation does Oscar have at the beginning of Chapter 51?
(a) To send a letter to Stratton.
(b) Pay back a loan to his father.
(c) To set up a gambler's anonymous hotline.
(d) To hear Lucinda's confession.
5. What does Oscar ask Lucinda when he is worried about her reputation?
(a) To marry Dennis.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To travel with him.
(d) To take religious vows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What card game do Oscar and Lucinda first play in her stateroom?
2. What does Lucinda confess when Oscar encourages her to make her confession?
3. What does Mr. d'Abbs tell Lucinda that Jeffris loves?
4. What does the head steward announce at dinner is on view on the above deck in Chapter 52?
5. Why do the townspeople make fun of Lucinda's mother?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)