|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname of the Watson-Crick Institution?
2. When Snowman is on the rampart, how is the weather?
3. What is the occupation of the man who locked up Oryx?
4. What is Jimmy majoring in?
5. On what body part does Snowman suffer a cut?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jimmy's job at the library symbolic of?
2. What does Snowman hope to gain from the humans that the Crakers have seen?
3. How has Crake's experiment failed?
4. Describe Snowman's life following his mother's execution.
5. Describe the weather. Why does it change like this?
6. What is significant about the names of the people who work at Paradice?
7. Why is it significant that Snowman sees smoke in the distance?
8. How is Oryx unlike the women that Jimmy meets in college?
9. What are the major differences between Snowman and the Crakers?
10. What is the significance of Crake's nightmares?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the first section of the novel, what can the reader assume about Snowman? What can the reader assume about the new species of humans? How does the truth compare with these assumptions?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Crake and Jimmy. How are they similar? How do they change one another?
Essay Topic 3
What is the novel's central conflict? Provide evidence to support your claims.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)