|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Crake suggest for Jimmy when Jimmy comes to work for him?
2. What does Snowman plan to tell the Crakers regarding what he saw that is a message from Crake?
3. How does Snowman explain the situation to the Crakers as they leave the dome?
4. What do the Crakers say that the woman smelled like?
5. What does Snowman burn at the dome in present day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Snowman's life following his mother's execution.
2. How has Crake's experiment failed?
3. Why does Snowman take in the Crakers and lead them to safety?
4. Why is the name of the dome (Paradice) significant?
5. What kills the people that Snowman finds in the house he visits?
6. What are Snowman's feelings about humanity now that most have died?
7. What is the significance of the note that Jimmy left behind?
8. What is the significance of Crake's nightmares?
9. Snowman has a weird feeling about the home he visits on the compound. Describe these feelings.
10. What is the significance of Amanda's project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Crake and Jimmy. How are they similar? How do they change one another?
Essay Topic 2
How are flashbacks used in Oryx and Crake to keep the plot's action continuing? What would the novel be like without flashbacks? Why are they so vital to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the way dreams are a motif in the novel. Why are dreams so important, and how is this shown?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)