|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus of Jimmy's school?
2. In the dream that Snowman has in the building, how old is he?
3. In what month does Jimmy graduate from high school?
4. What keeps the animals from attacking Snowman when he is inside the watch tower on the compound?
5. What do the Crakers say that the woman smelled like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kills the people that Snowman finds in the house he visits?
2. What are Snowman's feelings about humanity now that most have died?
3. What is the significance of the note that Jimmy left behind?
4. What is Jimmy's job at the library symbolic of?
5. What is represented in Snowman leaving the radio behind?
6. Describe the interactions between Jimmy and Crake in college.
7. How has Crake's experiment failed?
8. Is the author effective in building suspense when Snowman arrives at the compound?
9. What is significant about the names of the people who work at Paradice?
10. Why does Snowman tell the Crakers that they are in a dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the radio that Snowman finds a symbol? What does it symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Is Oryx a pawn in the novel? Why or why not? Do you think that Margaret Atwood is trying to send a message to the reader by doing this?
Essay Topic 3
How do the pseudonyms presented become a motif in the novel? What do they tell us about the world Snowman lived in as a child and at the present?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)