|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snowman shout into the radio?
2. What causes Snowman to go back into the gatehouse?
3. Who masterminds the virus that kills most of the humans?
4. Who does Jimmy visit for Thanksgiving?
5. What does Oryx want to study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Snowman hope to gain from the humans that the Crakers have seen?
2. What is significant about the names of the people who work at Paradice?
3. Describe Snowman's life following his mother's execution.
4. What is Oryx's role in Jimmy's relationships?
5. Is the author effective in building suspense when Snowman arrives at the compound?
6. What are Snowman's feelings about humanity now that most have died?
7. What is Jimmy's job at the library symbolic of?
8. What is the significance of Crake's nightmares?
9. Describe the weather. Why does it change like this?
10. What is the significance of the note that Jimmy left behind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Crakers and the way they function in society. What are their lives like? In what ways are they simpler than humans? In what ways are they more complex?
Essay Topic 2
What role does foreshadowing play in Oryx and Crake? What indicators of foreshadowing are in the novel? What is foreshadowed early on in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is significant about Snowman's bonfire memory? What does Snowman think as a child when he sees the bonfire? Why is it significant to Snowman's current situation in the novel?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)