|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of building does Snowman enter when he sees a twister approaching?
(a) A library.
(b) A political office.
(c) A home.
(d) A security building.
2. On what body part does Snowman suffer a cut?
3. What is the name of Jimmy's first roommate?
4. Why are the Crakers purring around Snowman?
(a) They want him to build them something.
(b) They are trying to heal him.
(c) They need his help.
(d) They want him to bring them food.
5. What is a secret effect of the prophylactic pill?
(a) Weight gain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Crake die?
2. What causes Snowman to go back into the gatehouse?
3. What do the Crakers say that the woman smelled like?
4. What is the name of the dome?
5. What is the man who locks up Oryx ordered to do for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the weather. Why does it change like this?
2. Describe the people that Crake has engineered.
3. What is Oryx's role in Jimmy's relationships?
4. What are the major differences between Snowman and the Crakers?
5. What is the significance of Crake's nightmares?
6. What is Jimmy's job at the library symbolic of?
7. Is the author effective in building suspense when Snowman arrives at the compound?
8. What is the significance of the note that Jimmy left behind?
9. Why is it significant that Snowman sees smoke in the distance?
10. What are the similarities between Snowman's life now and in the past?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)