|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Snowman to go back into the gatehouse?
(d) A twister.
2. What is the occupation of Jimmy's live-in girlfriend?
(c) Lab technician.
3. What does Snowman take to wear from the home on the compound?
(a) A sheet.
(b) A suit.
(c) A pair of jeans.
(d) A dress.
4. What is the man who locks up Oryx ordered to do for her?
(a) Pay for her schooling.
(b) Provide housing for her.
(c) Give her a large sum of money.
(d) Fix her reputation.
5. What does Snowman see in the airlock in Section 13?
(a) The remains of Oryx and Crake.
(b) A journal.
(c) The remains of a group of Crakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dream that Snowman has in the building, how old is he?
2. What does Jimmy do at Anoo Yoo?
3. Who masterminds the virus that kills most of the humans?
4. What social issue is approached when Snowman arrives at the dome in the present day?
5. What school is comparable to the Watson-Crick Institution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Oryx's role in Jimmy's relationships?
2. How has Crake's experiment failed?
3. Describe the pleeblands.
4. What are the major differences between Snowman and the Crakers?
5. What is represented in Snowman leaving the radio behind?
6. What is Jimmy's job at the library symbolic of?
7. What is the significance of Crake's nightmares?
8. What are the similarities between Snowman's life now and in the past?
9. Why are guns missing from the dead guards?
10. Why does Snowman take in the Crakers and lead them to safety?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)