|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snowman realize is missing from the building that he enters to escape the twister?
2. What does Crake give Jimmy before they go to the pleeblands?
(a) An antibiotic.
(b) A vaccine.
(c) A date.
(d) A pair of nice clothes.
3. When Snowman leaves the compound and is walking back to the Crakers, what does he think about?
(a) What he will use to fend off wild animals on his trip.
(b) What he will tell the Crakers.
(c) Why there was smoke earlier.
(d) What he will eat in the coming days.
4. Where does Jimmy get a summer job?
(a) Movie theater.
(b) Crake's dome.
5. When Jimmy spends the night in Crake's room, what wakes him up in the middle of the night?
(a) Crake's roommate returning home.
(b) A bad dream he has.
(c) Crake screaming in his dreams.
(d) Somebody tapping on the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jimmy's involvement with the prophylactic pill?
2. What type of building does Snowman enter when he sees a twister approaching?
3. What do the Crakers build while Snowman is away on the compound?
4. What is the nickname of the Watson-Crick Institution?
5. What name does Crake suggest for Jimmy when Jimmy comes to work for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Crake's nightmares?
2. Describe Snowman's life following his mother's execution.
3. What does Snowman hope to gain from the humans that the Crakers have seen?
4. Is the author effective in building suspense when Snowman arrives at the compound?
5. Describe the pleeblands.
6. Describe the interactions between Jimmy and Crake in college.
7. What are the similarities between Snowman's life now and in the past?
8. How is Oryx unlike the women that Jimmy meets in college?
9. Why are guns missing from the dead guards?
10. Snowman has a weird feeling about the home he visits on the compound. Describe these feelings.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)