|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Crake die?
(a) Jimmy shoots him.
(b) He is killed by a Craker.
(c) A security guard shoots him.
(d) He is attacked by a wild animal.
2. What social issue is approached when Snowman arrives at the dome in the present day?
(b) Civil rights.
3. Who does Jimmy visit for Thanksgiving?
(b) His mother.
4. What does Snowman tell the Crakers to call the shore?
5. What does Crake claim his unit is working on?
(a) Developing medicine.
(b) Creating a more perfect species of humans.
(c) Developing immortality.
(d) Destroying civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is evidence that Crake's experiment has failed?
2. When Snowman leaves the compound and is walking back to the Crakers, what does he think about?
3. What is at the entrance to RejoovenEsense?
4. Who believes that it is necessary to destroy one generation of humans to permanently eradicate civilization?
5. What has Crake been doing for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Crake's experiment failed?
2. Describe the interactions between Jimmy and Crake in college.
3. What is significant about the names of the people who work at Paradice?
4. Why does Snowman take in the Crakers and lead them to safety?
5. What is represented in Snowman leaving the radio behind?
6. Is the author effective in building suspense when Snowman arrives at the compound?
7. What is Oryx's role in Crake's project?
8. Describe the weather. Why does it change like this?
9. Why is it significant that Snowman sees smoke in the distance?
10. What is Jimmy's job at the library symbolic of?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)