|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What painted animal is on Jimmy's boots as he walks through disinfectant?
2. What is Jimmy's former pet?
(a) A genetically modified cat.
(b) A genetically modified squirrel.
(c) A genetically modified racoon.
(d) A genetically modified skunk.
3. What do the women do to the injured boy?
(a) They bandage him up.
(b) They make him perform his morning rituals anyway.
(c) They purr at him.
(d) They make no attempts to heal him.
4. What is Snowman's earliest memory of his life?
(a) A trip to the library.
(b) Surfing the internet with Crake.
(c) Meeting Crake at school.
(d) A bonfire.
5. How often are female Crakers fertile?
(a) Every year.
(b) Every 3 years.
(c) Every 6 days.
(d) Every 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of Jimmy's hand puppets?
2. Who does Snowman try to conjure before he goes to bed at night in his tree?
3. What does the camera man teach Oryx?
4. What game does Snowman believe will help his mind?
5. What does Snowman throw to scare away the animals that approach his tree at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can the reader assume about civilization and humanity in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Snowman choose the name Thickney? Why does Crake choose this name for himself?
3. What has been eliminated from the human experience for the Crakers?
4. Why does Snowman feel no lust for women?
5. Why does Sharon leave? Why does Sharon destroy the computers?
6. How does Jimmy's family foreshadow the future?
7. What is Crake's opinion on poverty?
8. Why does Jimmy ("Snowman") believe that the nickname "Abominable Snowman" fits him?
9. Why don't the children know what a real Snowman is?
10. Describe the Crakers.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)