|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snowman say his stubble is when the children ask about it?
2. What do the new humans ask Snowman about when they bring him fish?
(a) Crake's favorite food.
(b) Oryx's birth.
(c) Crake's pets.
(d) Crake's birth.
3. What objects do the children bring Snowman from the ocean?
(a) A computer mouse, pop bottle, and fast food container.
(b) A tash bag full of cans and bottles.
(c) A dead animal and a computer mouse.
(d) A pair of sunglasses, a cell phone, and a book.
4. Who is Oryx sold to after her first owner leaves?
(a) A flower seller.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A moviemaker.
(d) A watch dealer.
5. What social issue do Jimmy and Crake discuss?
(a) Poor education.
(b) That children are unsafe.
(c) The dangers of child prostitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snowman throw to scare away the animals that approach his tree at night?
2. Who does Snowman pretend to ask for stubble for the children?
3. How long does Snowman expect to be gone on his journey to the compound?
4. What does the reader know that Crake has ruled in Chapter 1?
5. What game does Snowman believe will help his mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things is Snowman scared of?
2. How does Snowman feel about Crake?
3. Why don't the children know what a real Snowman is?
4. Why does Snowman feel no lust for women?
5. What has been eliminated from the human experience for the Crakers?
6. What theories do you have about how the world has ended up this way?
7. Describe the relationship that Jimmy has with his parents.
8. How does Jimmy's family foreshadow the future?
9. Describe Oryx's childhood.
10. What is Crake's opinion on poverty?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)