|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals cannot be hunted?
(a) Those that are sacred to Crake.
(b) Those that are sacred to Snowman.
(c) Those that are sacred to Killer.
(d) Those that are sacred to Oryx.
2. Why are the new humans scented?
(a) To ward of other groups of humans.
(b) To attract each other.
(c) To ward of pigoons.
(d) To ward of mosquitoes.
3. What social issue do Jimmy and Crake discuss?
(b) The dangers of child prostitution.
(c) That children are unsafe.
(d) Poor education.
4. What does the camera man teach Oryx?
5. Who does Snowman try to conjure before he goes to bed at night in his tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Jimmy's father have?
2. What time does Snowman believe it is as he turns inland?
3. What is Jimmy's former pet?
4. Why can't Snowman tell what time it is?
5. What is the name of the camera man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the animals being burned in the bonfire that Snowman remembers?
2. Describe the Crakers.
3. What laws has Snowman made? Why? How is he able to make laws?
4. Why does Sharon leave? Why does Sharon destroy the computers?
5. Why don't the children know what a real Snowman is?
6. How does Snowman feel about Oryx?
7. Why does Snowman feel no lust for women?
8. What can the reader assume about civilization and humanity in Chapter 1?
9. Why does Snowman tell the children that he has feathers instead of stubble?
10. What is Crake's opinion on poverty?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)