|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves in with Jimmy and his father?
2. Where is Oryx imprisoned after she is bought?
(a) In a three-story building.
(b) In a mansion.
(c) In an outhouse.
(d) In a basement.
3. What is the name of Jimmy's mother?
4. What word does Jimmy invent?
5. What causes Jimmy's parents to argue that he is reminded of by the bonfire?
(a) Jimmy cut his father's hair and set it on fire.
(b) Jimmy cut his hair and set it on fire.
(c) Jimmy accidentally set the house on fire.
(d) Jimmy's father started a fire in the backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects do the children bring Snowman from the ocean?
2. What happens to Jimmy's father's computer?
3. At what place does Snowman believe he will find guns?
4. What happens to Jimmy's former pet?
5. What does Snowman pretend his watch is for the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Snowman feel about Crake?
2. Describe the Crakers.
3. How does Snowman feel about Oryx?
4. In what ways is Oryx a pawn? What does this foreshadow?
5. What is Crake's opinion on poverty?
6. What can the reader infer about the pleeblands since they are labeled as "unsafe"?
7. What can the reader assume about civilization and humanity in Chapter 1?
8. How is suspense created in the beginning of the novel before the reader is introduced to the specific details of Snowman's world?
9. What has been eliminated from the human experience for the Crakers?
10. What laws has Snowman made? Why? How is he able to make laws?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)