|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the camera man teach Oryx?
2. What word does Jimmy invent?
3. What kind of hat does Snowman wear?
(a) A Raiders football hat.
(b) A Yankees baseball cap.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A Red Sox baseball cap.
4. What does Snowman wrap himself in to start the day?
(a) A woman's dressing gown.
(b) A dirty bed sheet.
(c) A nightshirt.
(d) An old terry cloth robe.
5. What type of ritual do the males perform each morning?
(d) Killing animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Jimmy establish himself as when he is a student at HelthWyzer?
2. How does the boy get injured?
3. How are Oryx's actions monitored by her owner?
4. Who does Snowman pretend to ask for stubble for the children?
5. Why doesn't it matter that Snowman does not know what time it is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Crake's opinion on poverty?
2. In what ways is Oryx a pawn? What does this foreshadow?
3. Why don't the children know what a real Snowman is?
4. Why does Sharon leave? Why does Sharon destroy the computers?
5. How do the Crakers bore Snowman?
6. How is suspense created in the beginning of the novel before the reader is introduced to the specific details of Snowman's world?
7. How does Snowman feel about Crake?
8. Describe Oryx's childhood.
9. What things is Snowman scared of?
10. Are Jimmy and Crake good friends for each other? Why or why not?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)