|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Snowman retreat to the forest in the middle of the day?
(a) The humidity and glare are too intense.
(b) A snow storm approaches.
(c) The other species of humans are dangerous.
(d) He is in danger of being eaten by animals.
2. What animals cannot be hunted?
(a) Those that are sacred to Oryx.
(b) Those that are sacred to Killer.
(c) Those that are sacred to Snowman.
(d) Those that are sacred to Crake.
3. Why does Snowman decide not to keep written records?
(a) No future humans will be able to read.
(b) He has no personal living space.
(c) He doesn't have the necessary supplies.
(d) He doesn't feel safe enough.
4. What does the camera man teach Oryx?
5. What does Snowman throw to scare away the animals that approach his tree at night?
(a) A sheet.
(b) A computer mouse.
(c) A Scotch bottle.
(d) A soda can.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jimmy live with his mother and father?
2. What does Snowman pretend his watch is for the children?
3. What does Snowman do as he leaves the village of the Crakers?
4. What is Snowman's purpose for going on the journey?
5. What is the name of Jimmy's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are Jimmy and Crake good friends for each other? Why or why not?
2. How does Snowman feel about Crake?
3. What can the reader assume about civilization and humanity in Chapter 1?
4. How do the Crakers bore Snowman?
5. What can the reader infer about the creatures that Snowman encounters?
6. What laws has Snowman made? Why? How is he able to make laws?
7. How does Jimmy's family foreshadow the future?
8. How does Crake insult Jimmy?
9. Why does Sharon leave? Why does Sharon destroy the computers?
10. What is Crake's opinion on poverty?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)