|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects do the children bring Snowman from the ocean?
(a) A computer mouse, pop bottle, and fast food container.
(b) A pair of sunglasses, a cell phone, and a book.
(c) A dead animal and a computer mouse.
(d) A tash bag full of cans and bottles.
2. What social issue do Jimmy and Crake discuss?
(a) The dangers of child prostitution.
(b) That children are unsafe.
(c) Poor education.
3. What is the name of one of Jimmy's hand puppets?
(a) Evil Dad.
(b) Righteous Dad.
(c) Smart Dad.
(d) Crazy Dad.
4. When Snowman is in the forest, what does he worry about?
(a) He thinks he is forgetting things.
(b) He thinks he is going to starve.
(c) He thinks the weather is too intense and might freeze him to death.
(d) He thinks animals will eat him.
5. What does Snowman do as he leaves the village of the Crakers?
(a) He is able to remember things better.
(b) He cries.
(c) He feels more hungry.
(d) He stumbles often.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Snowman believe will help his mind?
2. After thinking about beverages, what does Snowman regret?
3. What approaches Snowman's tree at night?
4. What does Snowman say his stubble is when the children ask about it?
5. Who does Snowman try to conjure before he goes to bed at night in his tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Snowman feel about Crake?
2. Why does Jimmy ("Snowman") believe that the nickname "Abominable Snowman" fits him?
3. Are Jimmy and Crake good friends for each other? Why or why not?
4. Why does Snowman choose the name Thickney? Why does Crake choose this name for himself?
5. What can the reader infer about the pleeblands since they are labeled as "unsafe"?
6. What is Crake's opinion on poverty?
7. What can the reader assume about civilization and humanity in Chapter 1?
8. What has been eliminated from the human experience for the Crakers?
9. How do the Crakers bore Snowman?
10. What theories do you have about how the world has ended up this way?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)