|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hat does Snowman wear?
(a) A Raiders football hat.
(b) A Yankees baseball cap.
(c) A Red Sox baseball cap.
(d) A cowboy hat.
2. What do the new humans ask Snowman about when they bring him fish?
(a) Crake's birth.
(b) Crake's favorite food.
(c) Crake's pets.
(d) Oryx's birth.
3. What is the name of the person who buys Oryx?
(a) Uncle Em.
(b) Aunt Ed.
(c) Uncle En.
(d) Uncle Ed.
4. Why doesn't Jimmy's family ever visit the pleeblands?
(a) It's too expensive to travel there.
(b) They are not safe.
(c) There is nothing in the pleeblands worth visiting.
(d) The pleeblands are infected.
5. Why can't Snowman tell what time it is?
(a) He forgot how to tell time.
(b) His watch is broken.
(c) His watch is at the Craker's village.
(d) He does not have a watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves in with Jimmy and his father?
2. What color stimulates the male Crakers?
3. How are Oryx's actions monitored by her owner?
4. What type of meat is frequently served at OrganInc's cafeteria?
5. What role does Jimmy establish himself as when he is a student at HelthWyzer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Crakers bore Snowman?
2. Why are the animals being burned in the bonfire that Snowman remembers?
3. How is suspense created in the beginning of the novel before the reader is introduced to the specific details of Snowman's world?
4. What laws has Snowman made? Why? How is he able to make laws?
5. What can the reader assume about civilization and humanity in Chapter 1?
6. Why does Snowman tell the children that he has feathers instead of stubble?
7. Describe Oryx's childhood.
8. What can the reader infer about the pleeblands since they are labeled as "unsafe"?
9. Describe the relationship that Jimmy has with his parents.
10. Are Jimmy and Crake good friends for each other? Why or why not?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)