|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy lose interest in after learning about his mother's fate?
2. How does Snowman get cut?
(a) A bourbon bottle.
(b) An animal scratch.
(c) A broken picture frame.
(d) A soda bottle.
3. When Snowman leaves the compound and is walking back to the Crakers, what does he think about?
(a) What he will eat in the coming days.
(b) Why there was smoke earlier.
(c) What he will tell the Crakers.
(d) What he will use to fend off wild animals on his trip.
4. Where does Snowman take the Crakers when they leave the dome?
(a) To the pleeblands.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To the shore.
(d) To an old compound.
5. What is Jimmy majoring in?
(b) History of modern dance.
6. What is the nickname of the Watson-Crick Institution?
(a) Skeptic's U.
(b) Asperger's U.
(c) Neurotypical U.
(d) Multiple Personality U.
7. What odd thing does Snowman see from the watch tower?
(a) A house with lights on.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A person walking around.
8. What stalls Snowman's journey?
(a) Wild animals.
(c) A lack of food.
(d) A group of Crakers.
9. What does Snowman see in the airlock in Section 13?
(a) The remains of Oryx and Crake.
(b) A journal.
(d) The remains of a group of Crakers.
10. What is the real purpose of the prophylactic pill?
(a) To re-educate society.
(b) Social anomy.
(c) Population control.
(d) To encourage mating.
11. What do the Crakers build while Snowman is away on the compound?
(a) An effigy of the bobkitten.
(b) An effigy of Crake.
(c) An effigy of Oryx.
(d) An effigy of Snowman.
12. Who masterminds the virus that kills most of the humans?
13. What does Snowman fear when the lights go out inside the building?
(c) Dead guards.
14. How does Bernice protest animal abuse?
(a) She burns Jimmy's leather sandals.
(b) She steals money from Jimmy to donate.
(c) She uses their house as a place to keep animals from the shelter.
(d) She burns Jimmy's leather belt.
15. What social issue is approached when Snowman arrives at the dome in the present day?
(c) Civil rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snowman see in the building that he enters when he sees the twister?
2. What is the man who locks up Oryx ordered to do for her?
3. What does CorpSeCorps show Jimmy a video of?
4. How many dead bodies are inside the home on the compound that Snowman enters when he first arrives?
5. What causes Snowman to go back into the gatehouse?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)