|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmy spends the night in Crake's room, what wakes him up in the middle of the night?
(a) Somebody tapping on the window.
(b) Crake screaming in his dreams.
(c) Crake's roommate returning home.
(d) A bad dream he has.
2. What does Snowman tell the Crakers to call the shore?
3. How does Bernice protest animal abuse?
(a) She burns Jimmy's leather sandals.
(b) She burns Jimmy's leather belt.
(c) She uses their house as a place to keep animals from the shelter.
(d) She steals money from Jimmy to donate.
4. Where has Oryx been living when she is featured on the news?
(a) New York City.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
5. What do the Crakers build while Snowman is away on the compound?
(a) An effigy of the bobkitten.
(b) An effigy of Crake.
(c) An effigy of Snowman.
(d) An effigy of Oryx.
6. What is Snowman's overall destination?
(a) His old home.
(b) A mountain top.
(c) Another group of Crakers.
(d) Crake's dome.
7. What name does Crake use to introduce Jimmy to his classmates?
(a) The brother.
(b) The skeptic.
(c) The neurotypical.
8. What type of building does Snowman enter when he sees a twister approaching?
(a) A security building.
(b) A home.
(c) A political office.
(d) A library.
9. In what month does Jimmy graduate from high school?
10. What sound does Snowman hear as he approaches the village?
11. What does CorpSeCorps question Jimmy about?
(a) The whereabouts of Oryx.
(b) His mother.
(c) Crake's internet activities.
12. What is the name of the Craker who tells Snowman that other humans passed through?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
13. What does Crake claim his unit is working on?
(a) Developing immortality.
(b) Destroying civilization.
(c) Creating a more perfect species of humans.
(d) Developing medicine.
14. What is at the entrance to RejoovenEsense?
(a) A group of Crakers.
(c) A pack of rakunks.
(d) Headless guards.
15. When do people in Crake's dome die?
(a) When they are 40-years-old.
(b) When they are 20-years-old.
(c) When they are 30-years-old.
(d) When they reproduce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jimmy's first roommate?
2. What is evidence that Crake's experiment has failed?
3. What do the group of unknown humans run toward when the Crakers expose themselves?
4. What is the name of the virus that kills most of the humans?
5. What is the real purpose of the prophylactic pill?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)