|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Snowman's overall destination?
(a) A mountain top.
(b) His old home.
(c) Another group of Crakers.
(d) Crake's dome.
2. What is the focus of Jimmy's school?
(a) Creative writing.
(b) Digital art.
(c) Performing arts.
(d) Visual arts.
3. What is evidence that Crake's experiment has failed?
(a) The Crakers are not dying early in age.
(b) The structure the Crakers have built.
(c) The Crakers learned to read.
(d) The Crakers have started naming themselves.
4. What name does Crake use to introduce Jimmy to his classmates?
(b) The skeptic.
(c) The brother.
(d) The neurotypical.
5. What is the name of the prophylactic pill that Crake talks about?
6. What is discouraged at Crake's school?
7. Where has Oryx been living when she is featured on the news?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. What causes Snowman to go back into the gatehouse?
(b) A twister.
9. How does Snowman get cut?
(a) A soda bottle.
(b) An animal scratch.
(c) A bourbon bottle.
(d) A broken picture frame.
10. What are the Crakers doing around the structure they have built?
11. What does Crake claim his unit is working on?
(a) Destroying civilization.
(b) Developing medicine.
(c) Creating a more perfect species of humans.
(d) Developing immortality.
12. How does Snowman monitor the Crakers before he leads them to a new home?
(a) He used a radio.
(b) By video camera.
(c) He had others check on them.
(d) He lived with them.
13. Where does Jimmy get a summer job?
(b) Crake's dome.
(d) Movie theater.
14. What does Snowman burn at the dome in present day?
(a) A note that he wrote.
(b) A note from Oryx to Crake.
(c) Notes about the Craker's development.
(d) His old journal.
15. What does Snowman do to the people who are infected on the road?
(a) He shoots them.
(b) He gives them antibiotics.
(c) He gives them vaccines.
(d) He lets animals eat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Snowman explain the situation to the Crakers as they leave the dome?
2. What name does Crake suggest for Jimmy when Jimmy comes to work for him?
3. When Snowman is on the rampart, how is the weather?
4. When Jimmy spends the night in Crake's room, what wakes him up in the middle of the night?
5. What language does the first man speak on the radio that Snowman finds?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)