|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jimmy's first roommate?
2. What does Jimmy do at Anoo Yoo?
(a) Writes scripts for commercials.
(b) Writes marketing materials.
(c) Performs in commercials.
(d) Paints advertisements.
3. Where does Snowman take the Crakers when they leave the dome?
(a) To the forest.
(b) To an old compound.
(c) To the shore.
(d) To the pleeblands.
4. What does Snowman see in the airlock in Section 13?
(a) The remains of Oryx and Crake.
(c) A journal.
(d) The remains of a group of Crakers.
5. How does Bernice protest animal abuse?
(a) She uses their house as a place to keep animals from the shelter.
(b) She burns Jimmy's leather sandals.
(c) She burns Jimmy's leather belt.
(d) She steals money from Jimmy to donate.
6. When Jimmy spends the night in Crake's room, what wakes him up in the middle of the night?
(a) Crake screaming in his dreams.
(b) Somebody tapping on the window.
(c) A bad dream he has.
(d) Crake's roommate returning home.
7. What does Snowman take to wear from the home on the compound?
(a) A suit.
(b) A pair of jeans.
(c) A sheet.
(d) A dress.
8. How does Snowman monitor the Crakers before he leads them to a new home?
(a) He had others check on them.
(b) He lived with them.
(c) By video camera.
(d) He used a radio.
9. What is one of the unknown human men carrying when the Crakers see them?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) Canned food.
(c) A radio.
(d) A gun.
10. What does Snowman do to the people who are infected on the road?
(a) He gives them antibiotics.
(b) He shoots them.
(c) He gives them vaccines.
(d) He lets animals eat them.
11. In what month does Jimmy graduate from high school?
12. In the dream that Snowman has in the building, how old is he?
13. What is a secret effect of the prophylactic pill?
(c) Weight gain.
14. What type of building does Snowman enter when he sees a twister approaching?
(a) A library.
(b) A home.
(c) A security building.
(d) A political office.
15. How does Snowman explain the situation to the Crakers as they leave the dome?
(a) He says that they are a part of Crake's dream.
(b) He says that they are dreaming.
(c) He says that Crake is waiting for them.
(d) He says that Oryx is waiting for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Craker who tells Snowman that other humans passed through?
2. What stalls Snowman's journey?
3. What social issue is approached when Snowman arrives at the dome in the present day?
4. What watch tower does Snowman climb down to the ground from?
5. What causes Snowman to go back into the gatehouse?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)