|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream that Snowman has in the building, how old is he?
2. At the end of the flashback, how long has Jimmy been working at Anoo Yoo?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
3. What does Snowman do to the people who are infected on the road?
(a) He shoots them.
(b) He lets animals eat them.
(c) He gives them vaccines.
(d) He gives them antibiotics.
4. What does Crake claim his unit is working on?
(a) Creating a more perfect species of humans.
(b) Developing immortality.
(c) Destroying civilization.
(d) Developing medicine.
5. What do the Crakers see when they leave Crake's dome?
(a) Televisions and radios sitting outside.
(b) Dead bodies.
(c) Tons of animals.
(d) A stockpile of weapons.
6. Who does Jimmy visit for Thanksgiving?
(d) His mother.
7. What is the occupation of the man who locked up Oryx?
8. What does Snowman tell the Crakers to call the shore?
9. What is at the entrance to RejoovenEsense?
(a) A pack of rakunks.
(b) Headless guards.
(d) A group of Crakers.
10. What is the name of the Craker who tells Snowman that other humans passed through?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
11. What is evidence that Crake's experiment has failed?
(a) The Crakers are not dying early in age.
(b) The Crakers have started naming themselves.
(c) The Crakers learned to read.
(d) The structure the Crakers have built.
12. What is the focus of Jimmy's school?
(a) Creative writing.
(b) Performing arts.
(c) Visual arts.
(d) Digital art.
13. Where does Snowman take the Crakers when they leave the dome?
(a) To the pleeblands.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To an old compound.
(d) To the shore.
14. What is the occupation of Jimmy's live-in girlfriend?
(c) Lab technician.
15. What is the name of the prophylactic pill that Crake talks about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jimmy majoring in?
2. How does Snowman monitor the Crakers before he leads them to a new home?
3. What school is comparable to the Watson-Crick Institution?
4. What name does Crake suggest for Jimmy when Jimmy comes to work for him?
5. Who believes that it is necessary to destroy one generation of humans to permanently eradicate civilization?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)