|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do people in Crake's dome die?
(a) When they are 40-years-old.
(b) When they are 20-years-old.
(c) When they reproduce.
(d) When they are 30-years-old.
2. What causes Snowman to go back into the gatehouse?
(a) A twister.
3. What is discouraged at Crake's school?
4. What do the Crakers build while Snowman is away on the compound?
(a) An effigy of the bobkitten.
(b) An effigy of Snowman.
(c) An effigy of Oryx.
(d) An effigy of Crake.
5. What does Crake claim his unit is working on?
(a) Developing immortality.
(b) Developing medicine.
(c) Creating a more perfect species of humans.
(d) Destroying civilization.
6. What does Snowman shout into the radio?
(a) "Save me!"
(b) "Please help!"
(c) "I'm here!"
(d) "I need help!"
7. What keeps the animals from attacking Snowman when he is inside the watch tower on the compound?
(a) Trees that have been knocked down.
(b) A gate.
(d) A door.
8. Where does Snowman take the Crakers when they leave the dome?
(a) To the forest.
(b) To an old compound.
(c) To the shore.
(d) To the pleeblands.
9. What does Oryx want to study?
(b) Child psychology.
10. What is evidence that Crake's experiment has failed?
(a) The Crakers learned to read.
(b) The Crakers are not dying early in age.
(c) The structure the Crakers have built.
(d) The Crakers have started naming themselves.
11. What is Jimmy majoring in?
(c) History of modern dance.
12. When Snowman leaves the compound and is walking back to the Crakers, what does he think about?
(a) What he will tell the Crakers.
(b) Why there was smoke earlier.
(c) What he will use to fend off wild animals on his trip.
(d) What he will eat in the coming days.
13. What is Jimmy's involvement with the prophylactic pill?
(a) He helped create the pill.
(b) He uses the pill.
(c) He runs the ad campaign.
(d) He helps sell the pill.
14. What does Snowman see in the building that he enters when he sees the twister?
(a) Dead guards.
(b) Dead animals.
(d) A stockpile of food.
15. Where does Snowman believe that he will find food?
(a) In the forest.
(b) Central mall.
(c) The various homes on the compound.
(d) Watch towers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snowman take to wear from the home on the compound?
2. How does Snowman monitor the Crakers before he leads them to a new home?
3. Where does Snowman spend his first night of the journey?
4. How does Snowman get cut?
5. What birds are flying overhead when Snowman enters the compound's residence area?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)