|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birds are flying overhead when Snowman enters the compound's residence area?
(d) Sea gulls.
2. What does Snowman take to wear from the home on the compound?
(a) A pair of jeans.
(b) A dress.
(c) A suit.
(d) A sheet.
3. What does Snowman tell the Crakers to call the shore?
4. What odd thing does Snowman see from the watch tower?
(a) A person walking around.
(b) An airplane.
(d) A house with lights on.
5. What is the real purpose of the prophylactic pill?
(a) Social anomy.
(b) Population control.
(c) To encourage mating.
(d) To re-educate society.
6. What does Snowman fear when the lights go out inside the building?
(b) Dead guards.
7. What is the nickname of the Watson-Crick Institution?
(a) Asperger's U.
(b) Neurotypical U.
(c) Multiple Personality U.
(d) Skeptic's U.
8. How does Crake's father die?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He jumped off an overpass.
(c) He got hit by a car.
(d) He drowned himself.
9. Where does Snowman spend his first night of the journey?
(a) The watch tower.
(b) In the forest.
(c) His former home.
(d) A random home.
10. Who believes that it is necessary to destroy one generation of humans to permanently eradicate civilization?
11. Where do Jimmy and Crake go in the pleeblands several times?
(a) High-end restaurants.
(d) Dance clubs.
12. What does CorpSeCorps question Jimmy about?
(a) Crake's internet activities.
(b) The whereabouts of Oryx.
(c) His mother.
13. What watch tower does Snowman climb down to the ground from?
14. What has Crake been doing for a living?
(a) Working as a lab technician.
(b) Being an understudy for a project leader.
(c) Leading a research project.
(d) Being a private investigator.
15. What does Snowman see in the airlock in Section 13?
(a) The remains of Oryx and Crake.
(b) A journal.
(c) The remains of a group of Crakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Snowman get cut?
2. When Snowman leaves the compound and is walking back to the Crakers, what does he think about?
3. Who does Jimmy visit for Thanksgiving?
4. In what month does Jimmy graduate from high school?
5. What is the occupation of Jimmy's live-in girlfriend?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)