|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Crake suggest for Jimmy when Jimmy comes to work for him?
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
2. How does Snowman explain the situation to the Crakers as they leave the dome?
(a) He says that they are dreaming.
(b) He says that Oryx is waiting for them.
(c) He says that Crake is waiting for them.
(d) He says that they are a part of Crake's dream.
3. Where do Jimmy and Crake go in the pleeblands several times?
(b) High-end restaurants.
(d) Dance clubs.
4. What does Snowman fear when the lights go out inside the building?
(b) Dead guards.
5. What is evidence that Crake's experiment has failed?
(a) The Crakers learned to read.
(b) The Crakers have started naming themselves.
(c) The Crakers are not dying early in age.
(d) The structure the Crakers have built.
6. What keeps the animals from attacking Snowman when he is inside the watch tower on the compound?
(a) A door.
(c) Trees that have been knocked down.
(d) A gate.
7. What is one of the unknown human men carrying when the Crakers see them?
(a) A gun.
(b) A radio.
(c) Canned food.
(d) A pair of shoes.
8. In the dream that Snowman has in the building, how old is he?
9. How does Snowman get cut?
(a) A broken picture frame.
(b) A bourbon bottle.
(c) A soda bottle.
(d) An animal scratch.
10. What stalls Snowman's journey?
(a) A group of Crakers.
(c) A lack of food.
(d) Wild animals.
11. What is the real purpose of the prophylactic pill?
(a) To encourage mating.
(b) Population control.
(c) To re-educate society.
(d) Social anomy.
12. What does Crake claim his unit is working on?
(a) Developing immortality.
(b) Destroying civilization.
(c) Developing medicine.
(d) Creating a more perfect species of humans.
13. Where does Jimmy get a summer job?
(a) Movie theater.
(c) Crake's dome.
14. Where has Oryx been living when she is featured on the news?
(a) New York City.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
15. What is the occupation of the man who locked up Oryx?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Snowman monitor the Crakers before he leads them to a new home?
2. What does Snowman tell the Crakers to call the shore?
3. What is discouraged at Crake's school?
4. What does Jimmy lose interest in after learning about his mother's fate?
5. What does Snowman realize is missing from the building that he enters to escape the twister?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)