|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Craker who tells Snowman that other humans passed through?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. Where does Jimmy get a summer job?
(a) Movie theater.
(d) Crake's dome.
3. What does Snowman realize is missing from the building that he enters to escape the twister?
4. What does Snowman burn at the dome in present day?
(a) His old journal.
(b) A note that he wrote.
(c) A note from Oryx to Crake.
(d) Notes about the Craker's development.
5. When Jimmy spends the night in Crake's room, what wakes him up in the middle of the night?
(a) Crake screaming in his dreams.
(b) A bad dream he has.
(c) Somebody tapping on the window.
(d) Crake's roommate returning home.
6. What does Snowman shout into the radio?
(a) "Please help!"
(b) "I need help!"
(c) "Save me!"
(d) "I'm here!"
7. What is the focus of Jimmy's school?
(a) Visual arts.
(b) Performing arts.
(c) Creative writing.
(d) Digital art.
8. What birds are flying overhead when Snowman enters the compound's residence area?
(b) Sea gulls.
9. Where does Snowman believe that he will find food?
(a) Central mall.
(b) In the forest.
(c) Watch towers.
(d) The various homes on the compound.
10. What do the Crakers see when they leave Crake's dome?
(a) Tons of animals.
(b) Televisions and radios sitting outside.
(c) A stockpile of weapons.
(d) Dead bodies.
11. How many fish does Snowman plan to tell the Crakers that he needs to eat per week?
12. What does Snowman see in the airlock in Section 13?
(a) A journal.
(b) The remains of Oryx and Crake.
(d) The remains of a group of Crakers.
13. What is discouraged at Crake's school?
14. What is the real purpose of the prophylactic pill?
(a) Population control.
(b) To encourage mating.
(c) To re-educate society.
(d) Social anomy.
15. Where does Snowman take the Crakers when they leave the dome?
(a) To the forest.
(b) To the pleeblands.
(c) To the shore.
(d) To an old compound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is evidence that Crake's experiment has failed?
2. What is the occupation of the man who locked up Oryx?
3. What is the name of the dome?
4. What is the occupation of Jimmy's live-in girlfriend?
5. What does Crake claim his unit is working on?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)