|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the man who locked up Oryx?
2. What is the man who locks up Oryx ordered to do for her?
(a) Provide housing for her.
(b) Give her a large sum of money.
(c) Pay for her schooling.
(d) Fix her reputation.
3. What do the Crakers say that the woman smelled like?
4. When Jimmy spends the night in Crake's room, what wakes him up in the middle of the night?
(a) Somebody tapping on the window.
(b) A bad dream he has.
(c) Crake screaming in his dreams.
(d) Crake's roommate returning home.
5. When Snowman is on the rampart, how is the weather?
(a) Warm, but cloudy.
(b) Snowy and cold.
(c) Hot and sunny.
(d) Rainy and humid.
6. What sound does Snowman hear as he approaches the village?
7. When Snowman leaves the compound and is walking back to the Crakers, what does he think about?
(a) What he will tell the Crakers.
(b) What he will eat in the coming days.
(c) Why there was smoke earlier.
(d) What he will use to fend off wild animals on his trip.
8. What is Jimmy's involvement with the prophylactic pill?
(a) He runs the ad campaign.
(b) He uses the pill.
(c) He helped create the pill.
(d) He helps sell the pill.
9. What do the group of unknown humans run toward when the Crakers expose themselves?
(a) The forest.
(b) The compound.
(c) The beach.
(d) The mountains.
10. How does Snowman monitor the Crakers before he leads them to a new home?
(a) He used a radio.
(b) He lived with them.
(c) By video camera.
(d) He had others check on them.
11. What is evidence that Crake's experiment has failed?
(a) The Crakers are not dying early in age.
(b) The Crakers learned to read.
(c) The Crakers have started naming themselves.
(d) The structure the Crakers have built.
12. At the end of the flashback, how long has Jimmy been working at Anoo Yoo?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 9 years.
(d) 5 years.
13. Where does Jimmy get a summer job?
(b) Crake's dome.
(c) Movie theater.
14. What is Snowman's overall destination?
(a) Crake's dome.
(b) A mountain top.
(c) Another group of Crakers.
(d) His old home.
15. Why are the Crakers purring around Snowman?
(a) They want him to build them something.
(b) They are trying to heal him.
(c) They want him to bring them food.
(d) They need his help.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Snowman explain the situation to the Crakers as they leave the dome?
2. What does Snowman fear when the lights go out inside the building?
3. Where has Oryx been living when she is featured on the news?
4. What type of building does Snowman enter when he sees a twister approaching?
5. What is at the entrance to RejoovenEsense?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)