|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy's mother do before she quits her job?
(b) Project engineer.
(d) Lab technician.
2. What is Jimmy's former pet?
(a) A genetically modified cat.
(b) A genetically modified skunk.
(c) A genetically modified squirrel.
(d) A genetically modified racoon.
3. What does Snowman throw to scare away the animals that approach his tree at night?
(a) A computer mouse.
(b) A Scotch bottle.
(c) A sheet.
(d) A soda can.
4. What is the author's purpose in the first two sections of the novel?
(a) To flashback to the past.
(b) To build suspense.
(c) To show the way Crake has changed life.
(d) To give the reader a moral message.
5. What does Snowman consider doing, but decides against it?
(a) Keeping a journal.
(b) Approaching a nearby village.
(c) Learning to cook.
(d) Getting a pet.
6. Where has Snowman been sleeping?
(a) In an old bath tub.
(b) In a tree.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In a watch tower.
7. Why does Snowman retreat to the forest in the middle of the day?
(a) The other species of humans are dangerous.
(b) A snow storm approaches.
(c) He is in danger of being eaten by animals.
(d) The humidity and glare are too intense.
8. What do the women do to the injured boy?
(a) They bandage him up.
(b) They purr at him.
(c) They make no attempts to heal him.
(d) They make him perform his morning rituals anyway.
9. What does the camera man teach Oryx?
10. Why doesn't it matter that Snowman does not know what time it is?
(a) Night and day are opposites now.
(b) He doesn't have any appointments.
(c) He can ask somebody what time it is.
(d) There is no longer an official time.
11. What word does Jimmy invent?
12. What is the name of the person who buys Oryx?
(a) Uncle Ed.
(b) Aunt Ed.
(c) Uncle Em.
(d) Uncle En.
13. What is the name of the camera man?
14. Why doesn't Jimmy's family ever visit the pleeblands?
(a) They are not safe.
(b) The pleeblands are infected.
(c) It's too expensive to travel there.
(d) There is nothing in the pleeblands worth visiting.
15. What color stimulates the male Crakers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from the bodies of the new women?
2. What is the name of Jimmy's former pet?
3. What does the reader know that Crake has ruled in Chapter 1?
4. What does Snowman pretend his watch is for the children?
5. What approaches Snowman's tree at night?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)