|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women do to the injured boy?
(a) They make no attempts to heal him.
(b) They make him perform his morning rituals anyway.
(c) They purr at him.
(d) They bandage him up.
2. What happens to Jimmy's father's computer?
(a) It is confiscated by police.
(b) Jimmy's mom steals it.
(c) Jimmy's mom smashes it.
(d) Crake sets it on fire.
3. What does Snowman pretend his watch is for the children?
(a) A computer.
(b) A microphone.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A microwave.
4. In Snowman's flashback, what does he ask Oryx about?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Why she was on a website.
(d) Her childhood.
5. How are Oryx's actions monitored by her owner?
(a) Through her bracelet.
(b) Through a watch.
(c) Through a camera in her room.
(d) Through a fake flower.
6. What does Snowman consider doing, but decides against it?
(a) Getting a pet.
(b) Learning to cook.
(c) Approaching a nearby village.
(d) Keeping a journal.
7. What ailment does Snowman believe he is suffering from that makes him decide to go to the compound?
8. What do the new humans ask Snowman about when they bring him fish?
(a) Crake's pets.
(b) Oryx's birth.
(c) Crake's birth.
(d) Crake's favorite food.
9. What kind of hat does Snowman wear?
(a) A Raiders football hat.
(b) A Yankees baseball cap.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A Red Sox baseball cap.
10. What is the author's purpose in the first two sections of the novel?
(a) To show the way Crake has changed life.
(b) To give the reader a moral message.
(c) To build suspense.
(d) To flashback to the past.
11. What does Snowman throw to scare away the animals that approach his tree at night?
(a) A computer mouse.
(b) A sheet.
(c) A Scotch bottle.
(d) A soda can.
12. Why does Snowman retreat to the forest in the middle of the day?
(a) A snow storm approaches.
(b) The other species of humans are dangerous.
(c) He is in danger of being eaten by animals.
(d) The humidity and glare are too intense.
13. What type of meat is frequently served at OrganInc's cafeteria?
14. Who moves in with Jimmy and his father?
15. Why doesn't Jimmy's family ever visit the pleeblands?
(a) The pleeblands are infected.
(b) There is nothing in the pleeblands worth visiting.
(c) They are not safe.
(d) It's too expensive to travel there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social issue do Jimmy and Crake discuss?
2. What does Snowman end up telling the children about the items they bring him from the ocean?
3. What is Oryx renamed by her owner?
4. What is Snowman's purpose for going on the journey?
5. What are Crakers?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)