|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Snowman tell what time it is?
(a) He forgot how to tell time.
(b) His watch is at the Craker's village.
(c) His watch is broken.
(d) He does not have a watch.
2. Which word best describes Jimmy's mother's personality?
(a) Emotionally unstable.
3. Who does Snowman pretend to ask for stubble for the children?
4. Why doesn't it matter that Snowman does not know what time it is?
(a) He doesn't have any appointments.
(b) He can ask somebody what time it is.
(c) There is no longer an official time.
(d) Night and day are opposites now.
5. What does Snowman pretend his watch is for the children?
(a) A computer.
(b) A magnifying glass.
(c) A microwave.
(d) A microphone.
6. How does the boy get injured?
(a) A rakunk bit him.
(b) He cut himself on a bottle.
(c) A bobkitten bit him.
(d) He tripped over a pigoon.
7. What animal are the bobkittens meant to control?
(a) The rakunks.
(b) The red rabbit.
(c) The green rabbit.
(d) The pigoons.
8. What role does Jimmy establish himself as when he is a student at HelthWyzer?
(b) Class brain.
(c) Class clown.
(d) Teacher's pet.
9. What kind of pet does Jimmy have as a child?
10. What color stimulates the male Crakers?
11. What type of ritual do the males perform each morning?
(b) Killing animals.
12. Where has Snowman been sleeping?
(a) In an old bath tub.
(b) In a watch tower.
(c) In a tree.
(d) On the beach.
13. What is Snowman's purpose for going on the journey?
(a) To find food.
(b) To jog his memory.
(c) To find a gun.
(d) To find a notebook to use as a journal.
14. How often are female Crakers fertile?
(a) Every 2 months.
(b) Every year.
(c) Every 6 days.
(d) Every 3 years.
15. What happens to the afternoon weather in Snowman's location?
(a) It storms.
(b) It snows.
(c) It starts to hail.
(d) The sun disappears for a few minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Jimmy's family ever visit the pleeblands?
2. What is the name of the camera man?
3. What does the reader know that Crake has ruled in Chapter 1?
4. What type of meat is frequently served at OrganInc's cafeteria?
5. Where does Jimmy believe that Oryx once lived?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)