|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Snowman believe he is suffering from that makes him decide to go to the compound?
2. What does Snowman drink water out of?
(a) A seashell.
(b) Pepsi cans.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Beer bottles.
3. What painted animal is on Jimmy's boots as he walks through disinfectant?
4. Why does Snowman retreat to the forest in the middle of the day?
(a) The humidity and glare are too intense.
(b) A snow storm approaches.
(c) He is in danger of being eaten by animals.
(d) The other species of humans are dangerous.
5. What does Snowman throw to scare away the animals that approach his tree at night?
(a) A Scotch bottle.
(b) A computer mouse.
(c) A sheet.
(d) A soda can.
6. What name does Jimmy's mom use when she signs postcards?
7. What project is Jimmy's dad a key worker in?
(a) Snat Project.
(b) Pleebland Project.
(c) Microbiologist Project.
(d) Pigoon Project.
8. What is the name of the person who buys Oryx?
(a) Uncle Ed.
(b) Uncle Em.
(c) Aunt Ed.
(d) Uncle En.
9. Where does Snowman find shelter during the bad weather?
(a) In a tree house.
(b) A pile of tires.
(c) In an outhouse.
(d) In Crake's dome.
10. What nickname does Jimmy use on the "Extinctathon" website?
11. What are Crakers?
(a) New homes designed by Crake.
(b) The genetically modified animals designed by Crake.
(c) The cities Crake developed.
(d) The new humans created by Crake.
12. In Snowman's flashback, what does he ask Oryx about?
(a) Why she was on a website.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her parents.
13. When Snowman is in the forest, what does he worry about?
(a) He thinks animals will eat him.
(b) He thinks he is forgetting things.
(c) He thinks he is going to starve.
(d) He thinks the weather is too intense and might freeze him to death.
14. What is Oryx renamed by her owner?
15. Where is Oryx imprisoned after she is bought?
(a) In a three-story building.
(b) In a basement.
(c) In an outhouse.
(d) In a mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of meat is frequently served at OrganInc's cafeteria?
2. What is the author's purpose in the first two sections of the novel?
3. What does Snowman end up telling the children about the items they bring him from the ocean?
4. Who does Snowman try to conjure before he goes to bed at night in his tree?
5. What is the name of one of Jimmy's hand puppets?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)