|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal are the bobkittens meant to control?
(a) The rakunks.
(b) The green rabbit.
(c) The pigoons.
(d) The red rabbit.
2. What happens to Jimmy's former pet?
(a) His mom "liberates" it.
(b) Jimmy accidentally kills it.
(c) Crake sets it free.
(d) His dad kills it.
3. Why are the new humans scented?
(a) To ward of pigoons.
(b) To ward of mosquitoes.
(c) To attract each other.
(d) To ward of other groups of humans.
4. What does Snowman consider doing, but decides against it?
(a) Getting a pet.
(b) Learning to cook.
(c) Approaching a nearby village.
(d) Keeping a journal.
5. What types of names do many of the Crakers have?
(a) Those of food.
(b) Those of historical figures.
(c) Those of kitchen appliances.
(d) Those of internet websites.
6. How often are female Crakers fertile?
(a) Every 2 months.
(b) Every year.
(c) Every 3 years.
(d) Every 6 days.
7. What objects do the children bring Snowman from the ocean?
(a) A pair of sunglasses, a cell phone, and a book.
(b) A dead animal and a computer mouse.
(c) A computer mouse, pop bottle, and fast food container.
(d) A tash bag full of cans and bottles.
8. Why does Snowman decide not to keep written records?
(a) He doesn't have the necessary supplies.
(b) He has no personal living space.
(c) No future humans will be able to read.
(d) He doesn't feel safe enough.
9. Where has Snowman been sleeping?
(a) In a watch tower.
(b) In a tree.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In an old bath tub.
10. What is the name of the person who buys Oryx?
(a) Uncle Ed.
(b) Aunt Ed.
(c) Uncle En.
(d) Uncle Em.
11. What time does Snowman believe it is as he turns inland?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 4 p.m.
(c) 7 a.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
12. What is Ramona's job?
(a) Lab technician.
13. What kind of hat does Snowman wear?
(a) A Red Sox baseball cap.
(b) A Raiders football hat.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A Yankees baseball cap.
14. Why doesn't Jimmy's family ever visit the pleeblands?
(a) They are not safe.
(b) There is nothing in the pleeblands worth visiting.
(c) It's too expensive to travel there.
(d) The pleeblands are infected.
15. Who does Snowman try to conjure before he goes to bed at night in his tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Snowman pretend to ask for stubble for the children?
2. What are Crakers?
3. What is Snowman's earliest memory of his life?
4. How are Oryx's actions monitored by her owner?
5. Where does Snowman find shelter during the bad weather?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)