|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Oryx sold to after her first owner leaves?
(a) A watch dealer.
(b) A moviemaker.
(c) A flower seller.
(d) A pimp.
2. What does Snowman end up telling the children about the items they bring him from the ocean?
(a) They are harmless.
(b) They are important.
(c) They need to be thrown out.
(d) They are historical.
3. What does the camera man teach Oryx?
4. Why does Snowman retreat to the forest in the middle of the day?
(a) He is in danger of being eaten by animals.
(b) A snow storm approaches.
(c) The humidity and glare are too intense.
(d) The other species of humans are dangerous.
5. What is Jimmy's former pet?
(a) A genetically modified racoon.
(b) A genetically modified cat.
(c) A genetically modified skunk.
(d) A genetically modified squirrel.
6. What does Snowman say his stubble is when the children ask about it?
7. What is the name of Jimmy's former pet?
8. As a child, what does Jimmy believe his only friends are?
(b) His parents.
9. How long does Snowman expect to be gone on his journey to the compound?
(a) Two or three days.
(b) Two months.
(c) One day.
(d) Four weeks.
10. What is Snowman's purpose for going on the journey?
(a) To find a gun.
(b) To jog his memory.
(c) To find food.
(d) To find a notebook to use as a journal.
11. What animal are the bobkittens meant to control?
(a) The red rabbit.
(b) The green rabbit.
(c) The pigoons.
(d) The rakunks.
12. What happens to Jimmy's father's computer?
(a) Jimmy's mom steals it.
(b) Jimmy's mom smashes it.
(c) Crake sets it on fire.
(d) It is confiscated by police.
13. What social issue do Jimmy and Crake discuss?
(b) The dangers of child prostitution.
(c) Poor education.
(d) That children are unsafe.
14. At what place does Snowman believe he will find guns?
(a) Snowman's old home.
(b) The bubble-dome.
(c) A watch tower in another city.
(d) Buried near the ocean.
15. What happens to Jimmy's former pet?
(a) Crake sets it free.
(b) Jimmy accidentally kills it.
(c) His mom "liberates" it.
(d) His dad kills it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jimmy believe that Oryx once lived?
2. What does the reader know that Crake has ruled in Chapter 1?
3. What does Snowman wish he was drinking rather than water when he is in the forest?
4. What time does Snowman usually retreat to the forest?
5. What job does Jimmy's father have?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)