|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Oryx sold to after her first owner leaves?
(a) A moviemaker.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A flower seller.
(d) A watch dealer.
2. What do the women do to the injured boy?
(a) They bandage him up.
(b) They make no attempts to heal him.
(c) They purr at him.
(d) They make him perform his morning rituals anyway.
3. What does Snowman drink water out of?
(a) Pepsi cans.
(b) Beer bottles.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A seashell.
4. Why does Snowman decide not to keep written records?
(a) He has no personal living space.
(b) No future humans will be able to read.
(c) He doesn't have the necessary supplies.
(d) He doesn't feel safe enough.
5. What ailment does Snowman believe he is suffering from that makes him decide to go to the compound?
6. What is the name of the person who buys Oryx?
(a) Aunt Ed.
(b) Uncle En.
(c) Uncle Em.
(d) Uncle Ed.
7. What is Ramona's job?
(a) Lab technician.
8. When Snowman is in the forest, what does he worry about?
(a) He thinks the weather is too intense and might freeze him to death.
(b) He thinks he is forgetting things.
(c) He thinks animals will eat him.
(d) He thinks he is going to starve.
9. What painted animal is on Jimmy's boots as he walks through disinfectant?
10. Why doesn't it matter that Snowman does not know what time it is?
(a) He can ask somebody what time it is.
(b) He doesn't have any appointments.
(c) Night and day are opposites now.
(d) There is no longer an official time.
11. What are Crakers?
(a) The genetically modified animals designed by Crake.
(b) New homes designed by Crake.
(c) The cities Crake developed.
(d) The new humans created by Crake.
12. What does Jimmy's mother do before she quits her job?
(a) Project engineer.
(b) Lab technician.
13. What happens to Jimmy's former pet?
(a) Crake sets it free.
(b) His dad kills it.
(c) Jimmy accidentally kills it.
(d) His mom "liberates" it.
14. What social issue do Jimmy and Crake discuss?
(a) The dangers of child prostitution.
(c) That children are unsafe.
(d) Poor education.
15. What do the new humans smell like?
(a) Cucumber and melon.
(d) Citrus fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oryx renamed by her owner?
2. What does Snowman say his stubble is when the children ask about it?
3. What is the author's purpose in the first two sections of the novel?
4. What approaches Snowman's tree at night?
5. Where is Oryx imprisoned after she is bought?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)