|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snowman pretend his watch is for the children?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) A microphone.
(c) A computer.
(d) A microwave.
2. What is the name of the person who buys Oryx?
(a) Uncle Ed.
(b) Aunt Ed.
(c) Uncle Em.
(d) Uncle En.
3. What does Snowman end up telling the children about the items they bring him from the ocean?
(a) They need to be thrown out.
(b) They are harmless.
(c) They are important.
(d) They are historical.
4. What is Oryx renamed by her owner?
5. Who is Oryx sold to after her first owner leaves?
(a) A flower seller.
(b) A moviemaker.
(c) A watch dealer.
(d) A pimp.
6. What ailment does Snowman believe he is suffering from that makes him decide to go to the compound?
7. What does Snowman wrap himself in to start the day?
(a) A dirty bed sheet.
(b) An old terry cloth robe.
(c) A woman's dressing gown.
(d) A nightshirt.
8. What name does Jimmy's mom use when she signs postcards?
9. What approaches Snowman's tree at night?
10. Where does Jimmy believe that Oryx once lived?
(a) New Jersey or Rhode Island.
(b) France or Italy.
(c) Vietnam or Cambodia.
(d) China or Japan.
11. What job does Jimmy's father have?
12. How long does Snowman expect to be gone on his journey to the compound?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two or three days.
(c) Two months.
(d) One day.
13. After thinking about beverages, what does Snowman regret?
(a) Not taking advantage of the drinks he had to throw out.
(b) Torturing himself with thoughts of things he can never have.
(c) Drinking the rest of the soda he had stockpiled.
(d) Drinking so many unhealthy beverages as a child.
14. What time does Snowman believe it is as he turns inland?
(a) 11 a.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
15. What is missing from the bodies of the new women?
(c) Body hair and fat.
(d) Fingernails and fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women do to the injured boy?
2. What color stimulates the male Crakers?
3. In Snowman's flashback, what does he ask Oryx about?
4. Where is Oryx imprisoned after she is bought?
5. What social issue do Jimmy and Crake discuss?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)