|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Snowman's earliest memory of his life?
(a) A trip to the library.
(b) Surfing the internet with Crake.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) Meeting Crake at school.
2. What ailment does Snowman believe he is suffering from that makes him decide to go to the compound?
3. What do the new humans ask Snowman about when they bring him fish?
(a) Oryx's birth.
(b) Crake's favorite food.
(c) Crake's birth.
(d) Crake's pets.
4. What social issue do Jimmy and Crake discuss?
(a) That children are unsafe.
(c) Poor education.
(d) The dangers of child prostitution.
5. What is the name of Jimmy's mother?
6. What is the name of the person who buys Oryx?
(a) Uncle Ed.
(b) Uncle En.
(c) Aunt Ed.
(d) Uncle Em.
7. What are Crakers?
(a) The genetically modified animals designed by Crake.
(b) New homes designed by Crake.
(c) The cities Crake developed.
(d) The new humans created by Crake.
8. Why can't Snowman tell what time it is?
(a) He does not have a watch.
(b) He forgot how to tell time.
(c) His watch is broken.
(d) His watch is at the Craker's village.
9. What does Snowman wrap himself in to start the day?
(a) A woman's dressing gown.
(b) A dirty bed sheet.
(c) An old terry cloth robe.
(d) A nightshirt.
10. What name does Jimmy's mom use when she signs postcards?
11. What causes Jimmy's parents to argue that he is reminded of by the bonfire?
(a) Jimmy's father started a fire in the backyard.
(b) Jimmy cut his hair and set it on fire.
(c) Jimmy cut his father's hair and set it on fire.
(d) Jimmy accidentally set the house on fire.
12. Who is Oryx sold to?
(a) A child-dealer.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A pharmacist.
(d) A watch salesman.
13. What does Snowman say his stubble is when the children ask about it?
14. As a child, what does Jimmy believe his only friends are?
(b) His parents.
15. Which word best describes Jimmy's mother's personality?
(b) Emotionally unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oryx renamed by her owner?
2. How often are female Crakers fertile?
3. What role does Jimmy establish himself as when he is a student at HelthWyzer?
4. What type of ritual do the males perform each morning?
5. Who moves in with Jimmy and his father?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)