|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What painted animal is on Jimmy's boots as he walks through disinfectant?
2. What does Snowman consider doing, but decides against it?
(a) Learning to cook.
(b) Approaching a nearby village.
(c) Getting a pet.
(d) Keeping a journal.
3. How often are female Crakers fertile?
(a) Every 2 months.
(b) Every 6 days.
(c) Every 3 years.
(d) Every year.
4. Who does Snowman try to conjure before he goes to bed at night in his tree?
5. What is the name of Jimmy's mother?
6. What does Jimmy's mother do before she quits her job?
(a) Project engineer.
(c) Lab technician.
7. What type of ritual do the males perform each morning?
(a) Killing animals.
8. What happens to Jimmy's former pet?
(a) Crake sets it free.
(b) His dad kills it.
(c) Jimmy accidentally kills it.
(d) His mom "liberates" it.
9. What happens to Jimmy's father's computer?
(a) Crake sets it on fire.
(b) Jimmy's mom steals it.
(c) Jimmy's mom smashes it.
(d) It is confiscated by police.
10. What is the name of the person who buys Oryx?
(a) Uncle Em.
(b) Aunt Ed.
(c) Uncle Ed.
(d) Uncle En.
11. Who is Oryx sold to?
(a) A child-dealer.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A watch salesman.
(d) A pharmacist.
12. What is missing from the bodies of the new women?
(a) Body hair and fat.
(b) Fingernails and fat.
13. Why can't Snowman tell what time it is?
(a) He does not have a watch.
(b) He forgot how to tell time.
(c) His watch is broken.
(d) His watch is at the Craker's village.
14. What does the camera man teach Oryx?
15. What are Crakers?
(a) The new humans created by Crake.
(b) The genetically modified animals designed by Crake.
(c) The cities Crake developed.
(d) New homes designed by Crake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't it matter that Snowman does not know what time it is?
2. What is the name of one of Jimmy's hand puppets?
3. What fruit is hidden near Snowman's tree?
4. What kind of hat does Snowman wear?
5. What animal are the bobkittens meant to control?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)