|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snowman throw to scare away the animals that approach his tree at night?
(a) A computer mouse.
(b) A sheet.
(c) A soda can.
(d) A Scotch bottle.
2. Why can't Snowman tell what time it is?
(a) His watch is broken.
(b) He forgot how to tell time.
(c) He does not have a watch.
(d) His watch is at the Craker's village.
3. What does the reader know that Crake has ruled in Chapter 1?
(a) Every name must have a literal equivalent.
(b) Every name must represent a person that Oryx likes.
(c) Every name must end in a certain letter.
(d) Every name must not have a physical equivalent.
4. What is Ramona's job?
(a) Lab technician.
5. What are Crakers?
(a) The new humans created by Crake.
(b) The cities Crake developed.
(c) New homes designed by Crake.
(d) The genetically modified animals designed by Crake.
6. Why doesn't it matter that Snowman does not know what time it is?
(a) He doesn't have any appointments.
(b) Night and day are opposites now.
(c) There is no longer an official time.
(d) He can ask somebody what time it is.
7. What does Snowman drink water out of?
(a) Beer bottles.
(b) Pepsi cans.
(c) A seashell.
(d) The ocean.
8. What does Snowman wish he was drinking rather than water when he is in the forest?
9. What does Oryx sell?
(a) Computer parts.
10. What animal are the bobkittens meant to control?
(a) The rakunks.
(b) The pigoons.
(c) The red rabbit.
(d) The green rabbit.
11. What do the new humans ask Snowman about when they bring him fish?
(a) Crake's favorite food.
(b) Crake's pets.
(c) Oryx's birth.
(d) Crake's birth.
12. What happens to Jimmy's father's computer?
(a) It is confiscated by police.
(b) Jimmy's mom steals it.
(c) Crake sets it on fire.
(d) Jimmy's mom smashes it.
13. What ailment does Snowman believe he is suffering from that makes him decide to go to the compound?
14. Why are the new humans scented?
(a) To ward of mosquitoes.
(b) To attract each other.
(c) To ward of pigoons.
(d) To ward of other groups of humans.
15. What kind of pet does Jimmy have as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Snowman decide not to keep written records?
2. What is Oryx renamed by her owner?
3. What time does Snowman believe it is as he turns inland?
4. Who is Oryx sold to after her first owner leaves?
5. Where does Snowman find shelter during the bad weather?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)