|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Crakers?
(a) New homes designed by Crake.
(b) The cities Crake developed.
(c) The genetically modified animals designed by Crake.
(d) The new humans created by Crake.
2. What type of meat is frequently served at OrganInc's cafeteria?
3. Why are the new humans scented?
(a) To attract each other.
(b) To ward of other groups of humans.
(c) To ward of pigoons.
(d) To ward of mosquitoes.
4. Where is Oryx imprisoned after she is bought?
(a) In an outhouse.
(b) In a mansion.
(c) In a three-story building.
(d) In a basement.
5. What type of ritual do the males perform each morning?
(b) Killing animals.
6. What kind of hat does Snowman wear?
(a) A Red Sox baseball cap.
(b) A Yankees baseball cap.
(c) A Raiders football hat.
(d) A cowboy hat.
7. What does Snowman end up telling the children about the items they bring him from the ocean?
(a) They are important.
(b) They are historical.
(c) They are harmless.
(d) They need to be thrown out.
8. How often are female Crakers fertile?
(a) Every 2 months.
(b) Every 6 days.
(c) Every 3 years.
(d) Every year.
9. What does the camera man teach Oryx?
10. What is the name of the camera man?
11. What is the name of one of Jimmy's hand puppets?
(a) Crazy Dad.
(b) Righteous Dad.
(c) Evil Dad.
(d) Smart Dad.
12. What does the reader know that Crake has ruled in Chapter 1?
(a) Every name must not have a physical equivalent.
(b) Every name must end in a certain letter.
(c) Every name must have a literal equivalent.
(d) Every name must represent a person that Oryx likes.
13. What causes Jimmy's parents to argue that he is reminded of by the bonfire?
(a) Jimmy accidentally set the house on fire.
(b) Jimmy cut his father's hair and set it on fire.
(c) Jimmy's father started a fire in the backyard.
(d) Jimmy cut his hair and set it on fire.
14. What approaches Snowman's tree at night?
15. What do the new humans smell like?
(a) Cucumber and melon.
(d) Citrus fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Snowman retreat to the forest in the middle of the day?
2. What time does Snowman usually retreat to the forest?
3. What does Oryx sell?
4. In Snowman's flashback, what does he ask Oryx about?
5. What is the name of the person who buys Oryx?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)