|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Snowman expect to be gone on his journey to the compound?
(a) Two or three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four weeks.
2. What causes Jimmy's parents to argue that he is reminded of by the bonfire?
(a) Jimmy cut his father's hair and set it on fire.
(b) Jimmy's father started a fire in the backyard.
(c) Jimmy cut his hair and set it on fire.
(d) Jimmy accidentally set the house on fire.
3. Where does Jimmy live with his mother and father?
(a) In Crake's dome.
(b) A dormitory.
(c) An apartment in the pleeblands.
(d) A company supplied compound home.
4. What happens to the afternoon weather in Snowman's location?
(a) It storms.
(b) The sun disappears for a few minutes.
(c) It starts to hail.
(d) It snows.
5. Where does Jimmy believe that Oryx once lived?
(a) Vietnam or Cambodia.
(b) New Jersey or Rhode Island.
(c) China or Japan.
(d) France or Italy.
6. What is the name of one of Jimmy's hand puppets?
(a) Evil Dad.
(b) Smart Dad.
(c) Crazy Dad.
(d) Righteous Dad.
7. What objects do the children bring Snowman from the ocean?
(a) A computer mouse, pop bottle, and fast food container.
(b) A pair of sunglasses, a cell phone, and a book.
(c) A dead animal and a computer mouse.
(d) A tash bag full of cans and bottles.
8. What does the reader know that Crake has ruled in Chapter 1?
(a) Every name must represent a person that Oryx likes.
(b) Every name must not have a physical equivalent.
(c) Every name must end in a certain letter.
(d) Every name must have a literal equivalent.
9. What does Snowman consider doing, but decides against it?
(a) Approaching a nearby village.
(b) Getting a pet.
(c) Keeping a journal.
(d) Learning to cook.
10. What nickname does Jimmy use on the "Extinctathon" website?
11. What is Ramona's job?
(d) Lab technician.
12. What game does Snowman believe will help his mind?
13. What fruit is hidden near Snowman's tree?
14. What role does Jimmy establish himself as when he is a student at HelthWyzer?
(a) Class brain.
(b) Class clown.
(d) Teacher's pet.
15. What color stimulates the male Crakers?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Oryx's actions monitored by her owner?
2. Who does Snowman pretend to ask for stubble for the children?
3. Where does Snowman find shelter during the bad weather?
4. What is the name of the person who buys Oryx?
5. Where is Oryx imprisoned after she is bought?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)