|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Snowman believe it is as he turns inland?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
2. What project is Jimmy's dad a key worker in?
(a) Pleebland Project.
(b) Microbiologist Project.
(c) Pigoon Project.
(d) Snat Project.
3. Where does Jimmy believe that Oryx once lived?
(a) France or Italy.
(b) New Jersey or Rhode Island.
(c) China or Japan.
(d) Vietnam or Cambodia.
4. Why does Snowman decide not to keep written records?
(a) No future humans will be able to read.
(b) He doesn't have the necessary supplies.
(c) He doesn't feel safe enough.
(d) He has no personal living space.
5. Why can't Snowman tell what time it is?
(a) His watch is broken.
(b) He does not have a watch.
(c) He forgot how to tell time.
(d) His watch is at the Craker's village.
6. How long does Snowman expect to be gone on his journey to the compound?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two or three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Four weeks.
7. What word does Jimmy invent?
8. What do the new humans ask Snowman about when they bring him fish?
(a) Crake's favorite food.
(b) Oryx's birth.
(c) Crake's birth.
(d) Crake's pets.
9. What does Oryx sell?
(a) Computer parts.
10. What types of names do many of the Crakers have?
(a) Those of food.
(b) Those of internet websites.
(c) Those of kitchen appliances.
(d) Those of historical figures.
11. Why doesn't Jimmy's family ever visit the pleeblands?
(a) The pleeblands are infected.
(b) They are not safe.
(c) It's too expensive to travel there.
(d) There is nothing in the pleeblands worth visiting.
12. What game does Snowman believe will help his mind?
13. Where has Snowman been sleeping?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a watch tower.
(c) In an old bath tub.
(d) In a tree.
14. What is the name of Jimmy's former pet?
15. What does Snowman say his stubble is when the children ask about it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Oryx sold to after her first owner leaves?
2. What are Crakers?
3. Who does Snowman pretend to ask for stubble for the children?
4. What do the women do to the injured boy?
5. What kind of hat does Snowman wear?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)