|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Crakers?
(a) The cities Crake developed.
(b) The new humans created by Crake.
(c) The genetically modified animals designed by Crake.
(d) New homes designed by Crake.
2. What is the name of the camera man?
3. What time does Snowman usually retreat to the forest?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 2 p.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
4. What is Snowman's earliest memory of his life?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) Surfing the internet with Crake.
(c) Meeting Crake at school.
(d) A trip to the library.
5. What time does Snowman believe it is as he turns inland?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 7 a.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
6. Where does Jimmy live with his mother and father?
(a) A dormitory.
(b) An apartment in the pleeblands.
(c) In Crake's dome.
(d) A company supplied compound home.
7. What ailment does Snowman believe he is suffering from that makes him decide to go to the compound?
8. What game does Snowman believe will help his mind?
9. Where has Snowman been sleeping?
(a) In a watch tower.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In an old bath tub.
(d) On the beach.
10. Why does Snowman retreat to the forest in the middle of the day?
(a) He is in danger of being eaten by animals.
(b) A snow storm approaches.
(c) The other species of humans are dangerous.
(d) The humidity and glare are too intense.
11. How does the boy get injured?
(a) He cut himself on a bottle.
(b) A bobkitten bit him.
(c) A rakunk bit him.
(d) He tripped over a pigoon.
12. When Snowman is in the forest, what does he worry about?
(a) He thinks the weather is too intense and might freeze him to death.
(b) He thinks animals will eat him.
(c) He thinks he is forgetting things.
(d) He thinks he is going to starve.
13. What is Snowman's purpose for going on the journey?
(a) To find food.
(b) To find a notebook to use as a journal.
(c) To jog his memory.
(d) To find a gun.
14. What happens to the afternoon weather in Snowman's location?
(a) It snows.
(b) It starts to hail.
(c) It storms.
(d) The sun disappears for a few minutes.
15. What is missing from the bodies of the new women?
(a) Fingernails and fat.
(c) Body hair and fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader know that Crake has ruled in Chapter 1?
2. Why doesn't Jimmy's family ever visit the pleeblands?
3. What color stimulates the male Crakers?
4. What does Snowman drink water out of?
5. What kind of pet does Jimmy have as a child?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)