|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pet does Jimmy have as a child?
2. What happens to Jimmy's former pet?
(a) Jimmy accidentally kills it.
(b) His dad kills it.
(c) Crake sets it free.
(d) His mom "liberates" it.
3. After thinking about beverages, what does Snowman regret?
(a) Drinking the rest of the soda he had stockpiled.
(b) Not taking advantage of the drinks he had to throw out.
(c) Drinking so many unhealthy beverages as a child.
(d) Torturing himself with thoughts of things he can never have.
4. What does Snowman drink water out of?
(a) A seashell.
(b) Pepsi cans.
(c) Beer bottles.
(d) The ocean.
5. How does the boy get injured?
(a) He cut himself on a bottle.
(b) A bobkitten bit him.
(c) He tripped over a pigoon.
(d) A rakunk bit him.
6. What does Snowman consider doing, but decides against it?
(a) Getting a pet.
(b) Learning to cook.
(c) Approaching a nearby village.
(d) Keeping a journal.
7. What is the name of the person who buys Oryx?
(a) Uncle En.
(b) Uncle Em.
(c) Aunt Ed.
(d) Uncle Ed.
8. What kind of hat does Snowman wear?
(a) A Yankees baseball cap.
(b) A Red Sox baseball cap.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A Raiders football hat.
9. Why does Snowman decide not to keep written records?
(a) He doesn't feel safe enough.
(b) He has no personal living space.
(c) No future humans will be able to read.
(d) He doesn't have the necessary supplies.
10. What does Snowman end up telling the children about the items they bring him from the ocean?
(a) They are important.
(b) They are historical.
(c) They need to be thrown out.
(d) They are harmless.
11. What is Jimmy's former pet?
(a) A genetically modified skunk.
(b) A genetically modified racoon.
(c) A genetically modified cat.
(d) A genetically modified squirrel.
12. At what place does Snowman believe he will find guns?
(a) A watch tower in another city.
(b) Snowman's old home.
(c) Buried near the ocean.
(d) The bubble-dome.
13. What role does Jimmy establish himself as when he is a student at HelthWyzer?
(a) Class brain.
(b) Class clown.
(c) Teacher's pet.
14. What types of names do many of the Crakers have?
(a) Those of internet websites.
(b) Those of kitchen appliances.
(c) Those of historical figures.
(d) Those of food.
15. What do the women do to the injured boy?
(a) They purr at him.
(b) They make him perform his morning rituals anyway.
(c) They make no attempts to heal him.
(d) They bandage him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Oryx imprisoned after she is bought?
2. Why can't Snowman tell what time it is?
3. What social issue do Jimmy and Crake discuss?
4. What is the name of one of Jimmy's hand puppets?
5. What does the reader know that Crake has ruled in Chapter 1?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)