|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snowman wish he was drinking rather than water when he is in the forest?
2. What happens to Jimmy's father's computer?
(a) Jimmy's mom steals it.
(b) Jimmy's mom smashes it.
(c) Crake sets it on fire.
(d) It is confiscated by police.
3. Why does Snowman decide not to keep written records?
(a) No future humans will be able to read.
(b) He has no personal living space.
(c) He doesn't feel safe enough.
(d) He doesn't have the necessary supplies.
4. What is Snowman's purpose for going on the journey?
(a) To find a gun.
(b) To find a notebook to use as a journal.
(c) To jog his memory.
(d) To find food.
5. What causes Jimmy's parents to argue that he is reminded of by the bonfire?
(a) Jimmy cut his father's hair and set it on fire.
(b) Jimmy cut his hair and set it on fire.
(c) Jimmy accidentally set the house on fire.
(d) Jimmy's father started a fire in the backyard.
6. In Snowman's flashback, what does he ask Oryx about?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Why she was on a website.
7. What does Snowman do as he leaves the village of the Crakers?
(a) He stumbles often.
(b) He cries.
(c) He is able to remember things better.
(d) He feels more hungry.
8. Who moves in with Jimmy and his father?
9. Who is Oryx sold to?
(a) A watch salesman.
(b) A pharmacist.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A child-dealer.
10. What kind of hat does Snowman wear?
(a) A Yankees baseball cap.
(b) A cowboy hat.
(c) A Red Sox baseball cap.
(d) A Raiders football hat.
11. What is Snowman's earliest memory of his life?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A trip to the library.
(c) Meeting Crake at school.
(d) Surfing the internet with Crake.
12. What painted animal is on Jimmy's boots as he walks through disinfectant?
13. What time does Snowman believe it is as he turns inland?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
14. How are Oryx's actions monitored by her owner?
(a) Through a watch.
(b) Through a camera in her room.
(c) Through a fake flower.
(d) Through her bracelet.
15. What kind of pet does Jimmy have as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the eyes of the new humans?
2. What do the new humans smell like?
3. What happens to Jimmy's former pet?
4. What ailment does Snowman believe he is suffering from that makes him decide to go to the compound?
5. What job does Jimmy's father have?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)