|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jimmy believe that Oryx once lived?
(a) Vietnam or Cambodia.
(b) China or Japan.
(c) France or Italy.
(d) New Jersey or Rhode Island.
2. Why can't Snowman tell what time it is?
(a) His watch is broken.
(b) He does not have a watch.
(c) He forgot how to tell time.
(d) His watch is at the Craker's village.
3. Who does Snowman pretend to ask for stubble for the children?
4. What does the reader know that Crake has ruled in Chapter 1?
(a) Every name must represent a person that Oryx likes.
(b) Every name must not have a physical equivalent.
(c) Every name must have a literal equivalent.
(d) Every name must end in a certain letter.
5. What are Crakers?
(a) New homes designed by Crake.
(b) The new humans created by Crake.
(c) The cities Crake developed.
(d) The genetically modified animals designed by Crake.
6. Why doesn't Jimmy's family ever visit the pleeblands?
(a) The pleeblands are infected.
(b) There is nothing in the pleeblands worth visiting.
(c) It's too expensive to travel there.
(d) They are not safe.
7. How often are female Crakers fertile?
(a) Every 2 months.
(b) Every 6 days.
(c) Every 3 years.
(d) Every year.
8. When Snowman is in the forest, what does he worry about?
(a) He thinks he is forgetting things.
(b) He thinks animals will eat him.
(c) He thinks he is going to starve.
(d) He thinks the weather is too intense and might freeze him to death.
9. What does Oryx sell?
(a) Computer parts.
10. What does Snowman do as he leaves the village of the Crakers?
(a) He stumbles often.
(b) He feels more hungry.
(c) He cries.
(d) He is able to remember things better.
11. What does Snowman say his stubble is when the children ask about it?
12. What objects do the children bring Snowman from the ocean?
(a) A computer mouse, pop bottle, and fast food container.
(b) A pair of sunglasses, a cell phone, and a book.
(c) A tash bag full of cans and bottles.
(d) A dead animal and a computer mouse.
13. What is the author's purpose in the first two sections of the novel?
(a) To flashback to the past.
(b) To show the way Crake has changed life.
(c) To build suspense.
(d) To give the reader a moral message.
14. What does Jimmy's mother do before she quits her job?
(c) Project engineer.
(d) Lab technician.
15. What type of meat is frequently served at OrganInc's cafeteria?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jimmy's former pet?
2. What is the name of Jimmy's former pet?
3. What type of ritual do the males perform each morning?
4. What is missing from the bodies of the new women?
5. What ailment does Snowman believe he is suffering from that makes him decide to go to the compound?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)