|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of names do many of the Crakers have?
(a) Those of internet websites.
(b) Those of kitchen appliances.
(c) Those of food.
(d) Those of historical figures.
2. What is the author's purpose in the first two sections of the novel?
(a) To give the reader a moral message.
(b) To build suspense.
(c) To flashback to the past.
(d) To show the way Crake has changed life.
3. After thinking about beverages, what does Snowman regret?
(a) Not taking advantage of the drinks he had to throw out.
(b) Drinking the rest of the soda he had stockpiled.
(c) Drinking so many unhealthy beverages as a child.
(d) Torturing himself with thoughts of things he can never have.
4. Where does Jimmy live with his mother and father?
(a) An apartment in the pleeblands.
(b) In Crake's dome.
(c) A dormitory.
(d) A company supplied compound home.
5. What ailment does Snowman believe he is suffering from that makes him decide to go to the compound?
6. What project is Jimmy's dad a key worker in?
(a) Microbiologist Project.
(b) Pleebland Project.
(c) Pigoon Project.
(d) Snat Project.
7. What animal are the bobkittens meant to control?
(a) The rakunks.
(b) The red rabbit.
(c) The green rabbit.
(d) The pigoons.
8. What does Snowman wish he was drinking rather than water when he is in the forest?
9. Where has Snowman been sleeping?
(a) In a tree.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In a watch tower.
(d) In an old bath tub.
10. Who does Snowman pretend to ask for stubble for the children?
11. What are Crakers?
(a) The genetically modified animals designed by Crake.
(b) New homes designed by Crake.
(c) The cities Crake developed.
(d) The new humans created by Crake.
12. Who moves in with Jimmy and his father?
13. What do the women do to the injured boy?
(a) They bandage him up.
(b) They make no attempts to heal him.
(c) They purr at him.
(d) They make him perform his morning rituals anyway.
14. What is Snowman's earliest memory of his life?
(a) Surfing the internet with Crake.
(b) A trip to the library.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) Meeting Crake at school.
15. What time does Snowman usually retreat to the forest?
(a) 2 p.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Jimmy's father have?
2. How does the boy get injured?
3. What does Snowman drink water out of?
4. What type of ritual do the males perform each morning?
5. What do the new humans smell like?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)