|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady grab when Val tries to leave?
2. How long does Lady say that Val has worked at the store in Act 3?
3. On what day does Act 3 begin?
4. What does Lady say everything Val does is?
5. What song is heard at the end of Act 3 Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the theme of sexuality and sexual repression in Orpheus Descending. Which characters are repressed? Which are not? How does Val's presence affect the town?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Beulah and Carol. How are they similar? How do they differ? How do these characters feel about each other?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of the Conjure Man in Orpheus Descending. What does he represent? Why is the the last person we see in this play?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)