Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jabe slip up by saying burned down the orchard?
2. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
3. Who says, "I don' t like violence"?
4. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
5. What does Sheriff Talbot ask to see of Val's?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the use of snake and reptile imagery in the play. What does Carol's last line mean? Paraphrase this line in your answer and describe how it relates to Val.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the ending of Orpheus Descending reflects the exposition presented in the prologue? How is Val's death like that of Lady's father?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of the Conjure Man in Orpheus Descending. What does he represent? Why is the the last person we see in this play?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)