|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters sobbing in Act 3 Scene 3?
2. What does Val tell Lady he's planning on doing in Act 3 Scene 3?
3. What does Vee say she was born with?
4. On what day does Act 3 begin?
5. How much does Val get paid weekly at the store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Lady's relationship with David. What happened and when did this take place? How does Lady feel about David now?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the story of the birds told to Lady by Val in the play. What does this story symbolize? What foreshadowing is within this story?
Essay Topic 3
Orpheus Descending is in part about the place of the artist in society. What role should the artist play? Is the artist always likely to be marginalized, like Val, or misunderstood, like Vee, in a conventional, materialistic society? For what should the artist stand, if anything?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)