|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You've got to have--vision--to see!"?
2. What does Lady say to Val at the end of Act 2?
3. What does Sheriff Talbot ask to see of Val's?
4. Where does Vee say that one of her paintings is on exhibition?
5. Who says, "I know! Death's knocking for me! Don't you think I hear him, knock, knock, knock"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the ending of Orpheus Descending reflects the exposition presented in the prologue? How is Val's death like that of Lady's father?
Essay Topic 2
How is Tennessee Williams' own life reflected in Orpheus Descending? What major themes are common in Williams' work and why does he repeat these themes? How do they relate to the author's experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Orpheus Descending retells the legend of the demigod Orpheus. What similarities do the stories share? How do they differ?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)