|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been struck blind in Act 3?
2. Who enters from upstairs when the Town Men are threatening Val?
3. Who does Lady say is coming to Val in Act 3 Scene 1?
4. What does Lady say everything Val does is?
5. Who does Lady say is not welcome in the store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of Rebirth in Orpheus Descending. What symbols represent this theme? What motifs exemplify it? What imagery?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the use of Christian imagery and symbolism in the play. What do Val's visions relate to the reader about the action of the play? How does the Christ figure relate to Val?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Beulah and Carol. How are they similar? How do they differ? How do these characters feel about each other?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)