|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
2. How old was Val when he met a girl on the bayou?
3. Who says, "Nobody ever gets to know no body! We're all of us sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life!"?
4. Who does Jabe slip up by saying burned down the orchard?
5. Who does Lady say is coming to Val in Act 3 Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Lady's relationship with David. What happened and when did this take place? How does Lady feel about David now?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of revenge as it applies to Orpheus Descending. Which characters want to enact revenge? Why? How? How is this symbolized in the play?
Essay Topic 3
How is Tennessee Williams' own life reflected in Orpheus Descending? What major themes are common in Williams' work and why does he repeat these themes? How do they relate to the author's experiences?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)