|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady say about the dogs barking in Act 2 Scene 3?
2. What has happened to Jabe between Act 3 Scene 2 and Scene 3?
3. What does Lady say that the Delta Brilliant always call for?
4. What does Lady grab when Val goes to change out of his work suit?
5. Where is Lady at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Val and explain what characteristics he has which make him a classical Tragic Hero. Define Tragic Hero in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the ending of Orpheus Descending reflects the exposition presented in the prologue? How is Val's death like that of Lady's father?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the story of the birds told to Lady by Val in the play. What does this story symbolize? What foreshadowing is within this story?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)