|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady say about the dogs barking in Act 2 Scene 3?
2. What does Lady refuse to give her word to the Town Women about?
3. What does Val do at the end of Act 2 Scene 3?
4. What does Vee say she was born with?
5. Who enters sobbing in Act 3 Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Orpheus Descending retells the legend of the demigod Orpheus. What similarities do the stories share? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of individuality versus repression in Orpheus Descending. Which characters are considered non-conventional? Which characters represent a conventional or repressed viewpoint?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the imagery that Lady uses to define herself. How does the monkey relate to Lady? How does the fig tree?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)