|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lady at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
2. What was the vision that Vee had?
3. What does Val remark about Lady's skin?
4. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
5. What song is heard at the end of Act 3 Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Beulah and Carol. How are they similar? How do they differ? How do these characters feel about each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of Rebirth in Orpheus Descending. What symbols represent this theme? What motifs exemplify it? What imagery?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Lady's relationship with David. What happened and when did this take place? How does Lady feel about David now?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)