|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Sheriff send Dog and Pee Wee in Act 3?
2. What does the sign say that the Sheriff tells Val about?
3. What has happened to Jabe between Act 3 Scene 2 and Scene 3?
4. Who says, "I know! Death's knocking for me! Don't you think I hear him, knock, knock, knock"?
5. What does Lady tell David that she "never told him before"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the use of snake and reptile imagery in the play. What does Carol's last line mean? Paraphrase this line in your answer and describe how it relates to Val.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Orpheus Descending retells the legend of the demigod Orpheus. What similarities do the stories share? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the component of racism in Orpheus Descending. How does it play a role in the action of the play? How does the element of race lend in defining certain characters?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)