|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the woman who complained about Val give him?
2. Who says, "I know! Death's knocking for me! Don't you think I hear him, knock, knock, knock"?
3. How is the woman who complained about Val described?
4. What is the picture Val says is in the alcove?
5. What does Lady grab when Val goes to change out of his work suit?
Essay Topic 1
How is Tennessee Williams' own life reflected in Orpheus Descending? What major themes are common in Williams' work and why does he repeat these themes? How do they relate to the author's experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the use of Christian imagery and symbolism in the play. What do Val's visions relate to the reader about the action of the play? How does the Christ figure relate to Val?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of the Conjure Man in Orpheus Descending. What does he represent? Why is the the last person we see in this play?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)