|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lady say is coming to Val in Act 3 Scene 1?
2. Who says, "Nobody ever gets to know no body! We're all of us sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life!"?
3. Vee says that we live in a world of what?
4. What does Lady suggest to the Nurse in Act 3 Scene 3?
5. Where does Vee say that one of her paintings is on exhibition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Compare and contrast the characters of Lady and Jabe. What do each of these characters represent symbolically? How are they alike? How are they different.
Essay Topic 2How is Tennessee Williams' own life reflected in Orpheus Descending? What major themes are common in Williams' work and why does he repeat these themes? How do they relate to the author's experiences?
Essay Topic 3Describe Lady's relationship with David. What happened and when did this take place? How does Lady feel about David now?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)