|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady plan to continue with in Act 3 Scene 3?
2. How many lives does Lady say was lost in the orchard fire?
3. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
4. What does Vee say happened to the kitchen sink after she poured holy water down the drain as a child?
5. What does Lady suggest to the Nurse in Act 3 Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Music in Orpheus Descending. What role does Music and Art play in the themes of this play? Who represents music and art?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of the Conjure Man in Orpheus Descending. What does he represent? Why is the the last person we see in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Beulah and Carol. How are they similar? How do they differ? How do these characters feel about each other?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)