|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Val say is the "make-believe" answer?
2. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
3. What does Lady plan to continue with in Act 3 Scene 3?
4. Who says, "Nobody ever gets to know no body! We're all of us sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life!"?
5. On what day does Act 3 begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the imagery that Lady uses to define herself. How does the monkey relate to Lady? How does the fig tree?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the component of racism in Orpheus Descending. How does it play a role in the action of the play? How does the element of race lend in defining certain characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of individuality versus repression in Orpheus Descending. Which characters are considered non-conventional? Which characters represent a conventional or repressed viewpoint?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)