|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jabe slip up by saying burned down the orchard?
2. Where does the Sheriff send Dog and Pee Wee in Act 3?
3. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
4. How much does Val get paid weekly at the store?
5. What song is heard at the end of Act 3 Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Music in Orpheus Descending. What role does Music and Art play in the themes of this play? Who represents music and art?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of individuality versus repression in Orpheus Descending. Which characters are considered non-conventional? Which characters represent a conventional or repressed viewpoint?
Essay Topic 3
How is Tennessee Williams' own life reflected in Orpheus Descending? What major themes are common in Williams' work and why does he repeat these themes? How do they relate to the author's experiences?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)