Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jabe slip up by saying burned down the orchard?
2. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
3. Who says, "I don' t like violence"?
4. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
5. What does Sheriff Talbot ask to see of Val's?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the imagery that Lady uses to define herself. How does the monkey relate to Lady? How does the fig tree?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the component of racism in Orpheus Descending. How does it play a role in the action of the play? How does the element of race lend in defining certain characters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the use of snake and reptile imagery in the play. What does Carol's last line mean? Paraphrase this line in your answer and describe how it relates to Val.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)