Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jabe slip up by saying burned down the orchard?
2. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
3. Who says, "I don' t like violence"?
4. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
5. What does Sheriff Talbot ask to see of Val's?
Discuss the concept of revenge as it applies to Orpheus Descending. Which characters want to enact revenge? Why? How? How is this symbolized in the play?
Describe the use of snake and reptile imagery in the play. What does Carol's last line mean? Paraphrase this line in your answer and describe how it relates to Val.
Discuss the theme of Rebirth in Orpheus Descending. What symbols represent this theme? What motifs exemplify it? What imagery?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)