|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
2. What is Carol doing outside the Red Crown station in Act 2?
3. What does Lady say that the Delta Brilliant always call for?
4. What is playing music to advertise the opening of the confectionery?
5. Where is Lady at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Val and explain what characteristics he has which make him a classical Tragic Hero. Define Tragic Hero in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the theme of sexuality and sexual repression in Orpheus Descending. Which characters are repressed? Which are not? How does Val's presence affect the town?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Lady and Jabe. What do each of these characters represent symbolically? How are they alike? How are they different.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)