Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jabe slip up by saying burned down the orchard?
2. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
3. Who says, "I don' t like violence"?
4. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
5. What does Sheriff Talbot ask to see of Val's?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of the Conjure Man in Orpheus Descending. What does he represent? Why is the the last person we see in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of individuality versus repression in Orpheus Descending. Which characters are considered non-conventional? Which characters represent a conventional or repressed viewpoint?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the use of Christian imagery and symbolism in the play. What do Val's visions relate to the reader about the action of the play? How does the Christ figure relate to Val?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)