|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
2. What does Lady refuse to give her word to the Town Women about?
3. Who says, "I don' t like violence"?
4. What does the sign say that the Sheriff tells Val about?
5. How long does Lady say that Val has worked at the store in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the imagery that Lady uses to define herself. How does the monkey relate to Lady? How does the fig tree?
Essay Topic 2
How is Tennessee Williams' own life reflected in Orpheus Descending? What major themes are common in Williams' work and why does he repeat these themes? How do they relate to the author's experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the theme of sexuality and sexual repression in Orpheus Descending. Which characters are repressed? Which are not? How does Val's presence affect the town?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)