|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady say that the store can never hold?
2. Who would Lady slip off with in the wine garden?
(a) David Cutrere.
(d) Sheriff Talbott.
3. When did Carol meet Val before?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
4. What song does Val play in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) "Take Me Dancing."
(b) "Heavenly Grass."
(c) "Morning Glory."
(d) "Memphis Blues."
5. What does Carol tell the pharmacist to bring over?
(a) Derminal tablets.
(c) Castor Oil.
(d) Luminal tablets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jabe complain about being moved in the store?
2. Who says, "What on earth can you do on this earth but catch whatever comes near you, with both your hands, until your fingers are broken"?
3. What is the name of the county in which the play is set?
4. What is Val carrying when he enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
5. Who is returning from the hospital in the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition took hold?
2. Describe the birds that Val tells Lady about. What is remarkable about them?
3. What happens when the Conjure Man appears in the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
4. What does Carol describe "jooking" as?
5. How does Lady hear that Val is leaving town? What is her response?
6. Compare the characters Val and Sheriff Talbott. How are they alike? How are they different?
7. Explain Vee's feelings about painting.
8. Who has signed Val's guitar?
9. What does Carol try to convince Val to help her with? Why?
10. Why does Val brush off Carol in Act 1?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)