|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the local highway?
(a) Ville Platte.
2. Who says, "What people say about you don't mean much"?
3. What does Carol tell Val she's not allowed to do?
(a) Go to New Orleans.
(b) Stay overnight in the county.
(c) Pick up strangers.
4. What's the one word Carol says the ghosts at Cypress Hill say?
5. Who does Beulah say burned down the wine garden?
(a) The Sheriff's son.
(b) The Wop.
(c) The Mystic Crew.
(d) The Everly sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is peculiar about the birds that Val tells Lady about?
2. What does Beulah say that a couple who doesn't love each other develops a passion for?
3. What does Carol say it means "if you break the heel off your slipper in the morning"?
4. What is Beulah's last name?
5. Who is Sheriff Talbott married to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady say to Val about opening the confectionery in Act 3 Scene 3?
2. Why does Lady enter panicked at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What conversation does Lady have with the Nurse about Jabe's illness in Act 3 Scene 3?
4. Describe Jabe's appearance upon returning from the hospital.
5. What have the Town Women gone upstairs in Lady and Jabe's house for? What do they remark about it?
6. In what time and place is Orpheus Descending set?
7. What do the Town Women remark about Jabe to his face? What do they say behind his back?
8. Where do Val and Lady go in the end of Act 2? What does this imply?
9. Where has Carol met Val before? Describe that encounter.
10. Why does Val say that Jim Crow killed Bessie Smith?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)