|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beulah say Lady's heart was broken by?
(a) The Donalson boy.
(b) The Smithson's boy.
(c) The Richards boy.
(d) The Cutrere boy.
2. What does Val say he needs to fix his buckle?
(d) A needle.
3. How old does Val say he is?
4. Where does Carol tell Val she knows him from?
(b) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
5. What does Carol pass to Val after he sings?
(b) A joint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carol remove from her trench coat pocket in Act 1 Scene 1?
2. Which character wears exaggerated eyeliner and stylized makeup?
3. Who does Beulah say burned down the wine garden?
4. What is the name of the local highway?
5. What does Val wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vee say has blinded her in Act 3? How long has she been expecting this?
2. How do the stage directions describe Val? What is he wearing?
3. Describe the interaction between Val and Sheriff Talbott in Act 3, Scene 2 when he enters to find Val and Vee together.
4. What does Carol say you do after "jooking?"
5. Explain Vee's feelings about painting.
6. Why does Lady enter panicked at the beginning of Act 3?
7. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition took hold?
8. What have the Town Women gone upstairs in Lady and Jabe's house for? What do they remark about it?
9. Why does Val say that Jim Crow killed Bessie Smith?
10. What does Val say about questions and waiting for answers in Act 2?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)