|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would Lady slip off with in the wine garden?
(a) David Cutrere.
(d) Sheriff Talbott.
2. Who says, "What people say about you don't mean much"?
3. Where does Carol get money for the pay phone?
(a) The cash box.
(b) Her purse.
(c) The window.
(d) The safe.
4. What does Vee say she's been doing for ten hours straight in Act 1 Scene 1?
(d) Playing music.
5. What is the name of the local highway?
(b) Ville Platte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Town Women say to Jabe when he arrives?
2. What does Val say his nickname is?
3. What does Carol say it means "if you break the heel off your slipper in the morning"?
4. What is Carol Cutrere's brother's name?
5. What was "the mistake" Lady's father made that caused the vineyard to be burned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Carol. What does she wear? How old is she?
2. Where has Carol met Val before? Describe that encounter.
3. How and why did Val end up in town?
4. Why does Lady feel disappointed in Val in Act 2 Scene 3? Why does he feel disappointed in her?
5. Where do Val and Lady go in the end of Act 2? What does this imply?
6. What does Carol try to convince Val to help her with? Why?
7. What happens when the Conjure Man appears in the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
8. What does Lady offer Val to save him money in Act 2?
9. What does Vee say has blinded her in Act 3? How long has she been expecting this?
10. What does Val say about questions and waiting for answers in Act 2?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)