|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carol tell Val that she is?
(a) An exhibitionist.
(b) A ventriloquist.
(c) A musician.
(d) A makeup artist.
2. What does Carol ask Uncle Pleasant to do?
(a) Give her a lift to the county.
(b) Sell her the bone.
(c) Give a Chocktaw cry.
(d) Take her to town.
3. Who would Lady slip off with in the wine garden?
(c) David Cutrere.
(d) Sheriff Talbott.
4. What is the pharmacist's name?
(a) Mr. Dubinsky.
(b) Mr. Sorrelton.
(c) Mr. Jackson.
(d) Mr. Bryg.
5. Who enters the archway between the store and confectionery in the beginning of Act 1 Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition set in?
2. What is Beulah's last name?
3. What did the letters from Val's woman friend say?
4. What does Vee say she's been doing for ten hours straight in Act 1 Scene 1?
5. How much time has passed between Act 1, Scene 1 and Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jabe look at when he comes downstairs in Act, 3 Scene 1? What is his response?
2. What is Carol doing at the nearby gas station in Act 2? Why?
3. What does Lady ask Val in Act 2 Scene 4 about the money? What does he respond?
4. Why does Lady call the pharmacist in Act 1 Scene 2?
5. What have the Town Women gone upstairs in Lady and Jabe's house for? What do they remark about it?
6. What does Lady tell David in Act 2? How does he react?
7. Who has signed Val's guitar?
8. Describe the interaction between Val and Sheriff Talbott in Act 3, Scene 2 when he enters to find Val and Vee together.
9. Why did the woman call to complain about Val? What really happened?
10. How does Val believe human beings used to connect? How does he feel now?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)