|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carol say that Val told her he'd gotten the ring from?
(a) His wife.
(b) A lady bookie.
(c) A lady osteopath.
(d) A lady mobster.
2. What is written on Val's guitar?
3. Where did Vee let Val sleep the night before in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) The church.
(b) Her couch.
(c) Her car.
(d) The lockup.
4. What do the Town Women say to Jabe when he arrives?
(a) He should have a drink.
(b) He's late.
(c) He looks great.
(d) He looks terrible.
5. What is Val carrying when he enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A bouquet.
(b) A pair of stockings.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would Lady slip off with in the wine garden?
2. What does Carol say it means "if you break the heel off your slipper in the morning"?
3. What does Lady get from the cash drawer when she sees Val in the store in Act 1 Scene 2?
4. Why is Val in town?
5. What does Carol pass to Val after he sings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have the Town Women gone upstairs in Lady and Jabe's house for? What do they remark about it?
2. Describe the character of Lady. How old is she? Who is she married to?
3. What does the Nurse accuse Lady of before leaving?
4. What does Lady tell David in Act 2? How does he react?
5. Compare the characters Val and Sheriff Talbott. How are they alike? How are they different?
6. What story does Beulah tell about Lady's father?
7. Why does Val brush off Carol in Act 1?
8. Describe the character of Carol. What does she wear? How old is she?
9. How is Lady shot? Who shoots her?
10. What does Lady ask Val in Act 2 Scene 4 about the money? What does he respond?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)