|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carol get money for the pay phone?
(a) The cash box.
(b) The safe.
(c) Her purse.
(d) The window.
2. What song does Val play in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) "Morning Glory."
(b) "Heavenly Grass."
(c) "Take Me Dancing."
(d) "Memphis Blues."
3. What ring does Carol say that Val was wearing when she met him before?
(a) A ring with a dove.
(b) A turtle ring.
(c) A snake ring.
(d) A wedding ring.
4. What is Lady reopening?
(a) The wine garden.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) The confectionery.
(d) The flower shop.
5. Where does Beulah say that the ice box is located?
(a) Out back.
(b) The confectionery.
(c) The alcove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carol ask Val to take a look at?
2. What was "the mistake" Lady's father made that caused the vineyard to be burned?
3. What does Vee say she's been doing for ten hours straight in Act 1 Scene 1?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2, what does Carol plan to do that night?
5. Whose family name is the oldest and most distinguished in the county?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is present at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3? What are they discussing?
2. What have the Town Women gone upstairs in Lady and Jabe's house for? What do they remark about it?
3. What does Lady ask Val in Act 2 Scene 4 about the money? What does he respond?
4. Who is Vee? How has she met Val?
5. What conversation occurs between Beulah and Lady in Act 3 Scene 3?
6. How is Lady shot? Who shoots her?
7. What happens at the end of Act 2 Scene 3 with Val and the cash box? How does Lady react?
8. How does Val regard his guitar?
9. What does Vee say has blinded her in Act 3? How long has she been expecting this?
10. What do the Town Women remark about Jabe to his face? What do they say behind his back?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)