|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Val say killed Jessie Smith?
(a) Jack Daniels.
(b) Jack Ross.
(c) Jim Beam.
(d) Jim Crow.
2. Where did Jabe have surgery?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) St. Louis.
3. Who does Carol say that Val told her he'd gotten the ring from?
(a) A lady bookie.
(b) His wife.
(c) A lady osteopath.
(d) A lady mobster.
4. What does Val offer to Lady in Act 1 Scene 2?
(b) His ring.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His guitar.
5. What is Beulah's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lady's father from?
2. What is written on Val's guitar?
3. Where does Carol get money for the pay phone?
4. What does Carol ask Uncle Pleasant to do?
5. What does Carol remove from her trench coat pocket in Act 1 Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady compare her body to in Act 3 Scene 3 when talking to Val?
2. What story does Beulah tell about Lady's father?
3. What conversation occurs between Beulah and Lady in Act 3 Scene 3?
4. How does Lady hear that Val is leaving town? What is her response?
5. What does Jabe look at when he comes downstairs in Act, 3 Scene 1? What is his response?
6. What does Carol describe "jooking" as?
7. Why does Lady feel disappointed in Val in Act 2 Scene 3? Why does he feel disappointed in her?
8. Where do Val and Lady go in the end of Act 2? What does this imply?
9. Why does Lady call the pharmacist in Act 1 Scene 2?
10. What is Carol doing at the nearby gas station in Act 2? Why?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)