|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolly say about Jabe's appearance after he goes upstairs?
(a) He's got blue circles around his eyes.
(b) He's pale as a ghost.
(c) He's yellow as butter.
(d) He's green with gout.
2. What is on the drapery over the entrance to the alcove?
3. What is the pharmacist's name?
(a) Mr. Dubinsky.
(b) Mr. Sorrelton.
(c) Mr. Bryg.
(d) Mr. Jackson.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2, what does Carol plan to do that night?
(a) Stay at home.
(b) Go jooking.
(c) Buy a car.
(d) Drive to Memphis.
5. What do the Town Women say to Jabe when he arrives?
(a) He should have a drink.
(b) He looks great.
(c) He's late.
(d) He looks terrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Beulah's husband?
2. Who's appearance makes Eva and Sister scream?
3. Who is returning from the hospital in the Prologue?
4. What does Vee say she's been doing for ten hours straight in Act 1 Scene 1?
5. What was "the mistake" Lady's father made that caused the vineyard to be burned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Carol. What does she wear? How old is she?
2. Why does Lady feel disappointed in Val in Act 2 Scene 3? Why does he feel disappointed in her?
3. How does Val regard his guitar?
4. What does Lady offer Val to save him money in Act 2?
5. What does Carol try to convince Val to help her with? Why?
6. What does Jabe remark that takes Lady by surprise in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. What happens when the Conjure Man appears in the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
8. Explain Vee's feelings about painting.
9. Who is present at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3? What are they discussing?
10. Why does Lady call the pharmacist in Act 1 Scene 2?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)