|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the letters from Val's woman friend say?
(a) "Here's the money you asked for."
(b) "I love you. When will you come back?"
(c) "I love you. Where are you?"
(d) "I love you. Don't come back."
2. What is Carol Cutrere's brother's name?
(a) Pee Wee.
3. What's the one word Carol says the ghosts at Cypress Hill say?
4. How old does Carol say she is?
5. What did Val do whenever paper money was dropped in the kitty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on Val's guitar?
2. What is Val fixing with a pocket knife when Carol approaches him in Act 1 Scene 1?
3. Where does Carol get money for the pay phone?
4. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a clear night?
5. What did couples do at the wine garden "back in the day"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is present at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3? What are they discussing?
2. Why does Lady call the pharmacist in Act 1 Scene 2?
3. What does Val ask Lady after the Nurse leaves? What does she respond?
4. What sounds indicate that Val is murdered? How?
5. What happens when the Conjure Man appears in the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
6. How does Val believe human beings used to connect? How does he feel now?
7. What does Val say about questions and waiting for answers in Act 2?
8. What did Lady's father come to America with?
9. What conversation does Lady have with the Nurse about Jabe's illness in Act 3 Scene 3?
10. Describe the character of Uncle Pleasant. What does he look like? What does he say when he enters in Act 1?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)