|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady redecorating the confectionery to look like?
(a) A nightclub.
(b) A New Orleans bar.
(c) The prison.
(d) The orchard.
2. What does Val say his nickname is?
3. Who does Carol say that Val told her he'd gotten the ring from?
(a) A lady osteopath.
(b) A lady bookie.
(c) His wife.
(d) A lady mobster.
4. What was "the mistake" Lady's father made that caused the vineyard to be burned?
(a) He bought the saw mill.
(b) He gambled.
(c) He sold liquor to blacks.
(d) He burned down the church.
5. What is said in Val's character reference?
(a) He's an ex-con.
(b) He's quiet.
(c) He stole.
(d) He's a peculiar talker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolly compare Lady and Jabe's bedrooms to?
2. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition set in?
3. What does Beulah say Lady's father had?
4. What does Val offer to Lady in Act 1 Scene 2?
5. What city does Carol make a phone call to in Act 1 Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Val say about questions and waiting for answers in Act 2?
2. What did Carol do that got her banned from the county overnight?
3. Why does Lady call the pharmacist in Act 1 Scene 2?
4. Describe the birds that Val tells Lady about. What is remarkable about them?
5. Why have the women come to the store in the beginning of the play?
6. What does Jabe look at when he comes downstairs in Act, 3 Scene 1? What is his response?
7. How does Carol describe herself to Val?
8. Describe the character of Uncle Pleasant. What does he look like? What does he say when he enters in Act 1?
9. Explain Vee's feelings about painting.
10. Why does Lady enter panicked at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)