|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Val say killed Jessie Smith?
(a) Jack Daniels.
(b) Jim Crow.
(c) Jim Beam.
(d) Jack Ross.
2. What does Beulah say Lady's father had?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A piano.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A carriage.
3. What does Val wear?
(a) A snakeskin jacket.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) Cowboy boots and a hat.
4. When did Carol meet Val before?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Christmas Eve.
5. Who does Dolly speak to in the Prologue?
(d) Mrs. Dubinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition set in?
2. What does Carol tell the pharmacist to bring over?
3. What does Val say he needs to fix his buckle?
4. How many places in New Orleans does Carol say she followed Val?
5. Where is the play set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carol describe "jooking" as?
2. Who does Carol make a phone call to in Act 1 Scene 1? Why?
3. Why does Lady enter panicked at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does Jabe say after Lady is shot? What does he do?
5. Explain Vee's feelings about painting.
6. What is Val's memory of the woman he saw on the bayou?
7. Describe the interaction between Val and Sheriff Talbott in Act 3, Scene 2 when he enters to find Val and Vee together.
8. What does Jabe remark that takes Lady by surprise in Act 3, Scene 1?
9. What does Val ask Lady after the Nurse leaves? What does she respond?
10. What does Carol say you do after "jooking?"
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)