|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Val wear?
(a) A snakeskin jacket.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) Cowboy boots and a hat.
2. What does Val say he needs to fix his buckle?
(d) A needle.
3. Who does Beulah say burned down the wine garden?
(a) The Sheriff's son.
(b) The Everly sisters.
(c) The Wop.
(d) The Mystic Crew.
4. What does Carol ask Uncle Pleasant to do?
(a) Give a Chocktaw cry.
(b) Give her a lift to the county.
(c) Take her to town.
(d) Sell her the bone.
5. Who says, "What on earth can you do on this earth but catch whatever comes near you, with both your hands, until your fingers are broken"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on Val's guitar?
2. What do the Town Women say to Jabe when he arrives?
3. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition set in?
4. What does Carol pass to Val after he sings?
5. Where is the play set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does Lady have with the Nurse about Jabe's illness in Act 3 Scene 3?
2. In what time and place is Orpheus Descending set?
3. How does Val regard his guitar?
4. What does Val say about questions and waiting for answers in Act 2?
5. What does Jabe look at when he comes downstairs in Act, 3 Scene 1? What is his response?
6. What does Jabe remark that takes Lady by surprise in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. What does Carol try to convince Val to help her with? Why?
8. Why does Lady feel disappointed in Val in Act 2 Scene 3? Why does he feel disappointed in her?
9. What does Lady compare her body to in Act 3 Scene 3 when talking to Val?
10. Why does Lady call the pharmacist in Act 1 Scene 2?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)