|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Lady's father from?
2. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a clear night?
(a) Cypress Hill.
(b) Memorial Drive.
(c) To her house.
(d) To the vineyard.
3. What does Lady say they've always had a problem with in the store?
(c) Children stealing.
4. What does Val say that today is in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His birthday.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) His anniversary.
5. What is Val fixing with a pocket knife when Carol approaches him in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His belt buckle.
(c) His motorcycle.
(d) His watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's appearance makes Eva and Sister scream?
2. What song does Val play in Act 1 Scene 1?
3. What does Dolly say about Jabe's appearance after he goes upstairs?
4. What did Val do whenever paper money was dropped in the kitty?
5. Who is Beulah's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady offer Val to save him money in Act 2?
2. What does Jabe remark that takes Lady by surprise in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Compare the characters Val and Sheriff Talbott. How are they alike? How are they different?
4. Who is present at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3? What are they discussing?
5. What does Lady say to Val about opening the confectionery in Act 3 Scene 3?
6. What does Carol try to convince Val to help her with? Why?
7. What conversation occurs between Beulah and Lady in Act 3 Scene 3?
8. Why does Lady enter panicked at the beginning of Act 3?
9. Who is Vee? How has she met Val?
10. In what time and place is Orpheus Descending set?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)