|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the one word Carol says the ghosts at Cypress Hill say?
2. What do the Town Women say to Jabe when he arrives?
(a) He looks terrible.
(b) He looks great.
(c) He's late.
(d) He should have a drink.
3. Why hadn't Val read the character reference before?
(a) It was in a sealed envelope.
(b) It was written in Italian.
(c) He knew it was insulting.
(d) He was never curious.
4. What does Val say his nickname is?
5. How old does Val say he is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carol pass to Val after he sings?
2. What city does Carol make a phone call to in Act 1 Scene 1?
3. Who does Beulah say burned down the wine garden?
4. What does Lady say that the store can never hold?
5. What does Carol tell Val that she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vee say has blinded her in Act 3? How long has she been expecting this?
2. What do the Town Women remark about Jabe to his face? What do they say behind his back?
3. What does Lady offer Val to save him money in Act 2?
4. Compare the characters Val and Sheriff Talbott. How are they alike? How are they different?
5. Who is present at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3? What are they discussing?
6. Explain Vee's feelings about painting.
7. What is Val's memory of the woman he saw on the bayou?
8. What happens when the Conjure Man appears in the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
9. Why does Val brush off Carol in Act 1?
10. Why did the woman call to complain about Val? What really happened?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)