|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Val do whenever paper money was dropped in the kitty?
2. Who does Beulah say burned down the wine garden?
(a) The Wop.
(b) The Everly sisters.
(c) The Sheriff's son.
(d) The Mystic Crew.
3. What does Jabe do to summon Lady upstairs?
4. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition set in?
(b) Sold tobacco.
(c) Robbed a bank.
(d) Moved to New York.
5. What song does Val play in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) "Morning Glory."
(b) "Memphis Blues."
(c) "Take Me Dancing."
(d) "Heavenly Grass."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolly compare Lady and Jabe's bedrooms to?
2. What does Carol ask Uncle Pleasant to do?
3. What does Val offer to Lady in Act 1 Scene 2?
4. Who's appearance makes Eva and Sister scream?
5. What does Carol pass to Val after he sings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lady feel disappointed in Val in Act 2 Scene 3? Why does he feel disappointed in her?
2. What does Carol try to convince Val to help her with? Why?
3. What does Lady compare her body to in Act 3 Scene 3 when talking to Val?
4. Describe Jabe's appearance upon returning from the hospital.
5. What happens when the Conjure Man appears in the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
6. What does the Nurse accuse Lady of before leaving?
7. In what time and place is Orpheus Descending set?
8. Who does Carol make a phone call to in Act 1 Scene 1? Why?
9. What does Lady tell David in Act 2? How does he react?
10. Explain Vee's feelings about painting.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)