|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the one word Carol says the ghosts at Cypress Hill say?
2. What did the letters from Val's woman friend say?
(a) "Here's the money you asked for."
(b) "I love you. Where are you?"
(c) "I love you. When will you come back?"
(d) "I love you. Don't come back."
3. Where does Carol tell Val she knows him from?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
4. What ring does Carol say that Val was wearing when she met him before?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) A snake ring.
(c) A ring with a dove.
(d) A turtle ring.
5. What is on the drapery over the entrance to the alcove?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady reopening?
2. Whose family name is the oldest and most distinguished in the county?
3. Who does Lady call in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How much time has passed between Act 1, Scene 1 and Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does Val say he's here in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the set of Orpheus Descending.
2. What did Lady's father come to America with?
3. What are some of the "oddities" Val tells Lady about himself?
4. What does Lady tell David in Act 2? How does he react?
5. Who does Carol make a phone call to in Act 1 Scene 1? Why?
6. Who is present at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3? What are they discussing?
7. Describe the character of Carol. What does she wear? How old is she?
8. Describe the character of Lady. How old is she? Who is she married to?
9. Describe the birds that Val tells Lady about. What is remarkable about them?
10. Why did the woman call to complain about Val? What really happened?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)