|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolly say about Jabe's appearance after he goes upstairs?
(a) He's yellow as butter.
(b) He's pale as a ghost.
(c) He's green with gout.
(d) He's got blue circles around his eyes.
2. Where does Beulah say that the ice box is located?
(a) Out back.
(c) The alcove.
(d) The confectionery.
3. What is Val carrying when he enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A pair of stockings.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A bouquet.
4. What song does Val play in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) "Take Me Dancing."
(b) "Heavenly Grass."
(c) "Memphis Blues."
(d) "Morning Glory."
5. What does Jabe do to summon Lady upstairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lady's father from?
2. What does Carol ask Val to take a look at?
3. What did the letters from Val's woman friend say?
4. Who has gone to the depot to meet Lady and Jabe?
5. Who would Lady slip off with in the wine garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Carol doing at the nearby gas station in Act 2? Why?
2. How and why did Val end up in town?
3. Describe the character of Uncle Pleasant. What does he look like? What does he say when he enters in Act 1?
4. What story does Beulah tell about Lady's father?
5. Where do Val and Lady go in the end of Act 2? What does this imply?
6. What does Vee say has blinded her in Act 3? How long has she been expecting this?
7. What does Lady say to Val about opening the confectionery in Act 3 Scene 3?
8. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition took hold?
9. What is Val's memory of the woman he saw on the bayou?
10. What happens at the end of Act 2 Scene 3 with Val and the cash box? How does Lady react?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)