|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carol pass to Val after he sings?
(d) A joint.
2. What does Jabe do to summon Lady upstairs?
3. Where did Vee let Val sleep the night before in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) Her car.
(b) The lockup.
(c) The church.
(d) Her couch.
4. What song does Val play in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) "Heavenly Grass."
(b) "Memphis Blues."
(c) "Morning Glory."
(d) "Take Me Dancing."
5. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a clear night?
(a) Memorial Drive.
(b) Cypress Hill.
(c) To her house.
(d) To the vineyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is returning from the hospital in the Prologue?
2. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition set in?
3. Who is Sheriff Talbott married to?
4. What is Lady reopening?
5. Which character wears exaggerated eyeliner and stylized makeup?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of Act 2 Scene 3 with Val and the cash box? How does Lady react?
2. What does Jabe remark that takes Lady by surprise in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What do the Town Women remark about Jabe to his face? What do they say behind his back?
4. What sounds indicate that Val is murdered? How?
5. Who has signed Val's guitar?
6. What are some of the "oddities" Val tells Lady about himself?
7. Explain Vee's feelings about painting.
8. What is Val's memory of the woman he saw on the bayou?
9. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition took hold?
10. What does Val ask Lady after the Nurse leaves? What does she respond?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)