|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is peculiar about the birds that Val tells Lady about?
(a) They don't die.
(b) They don't have wings.
(c) They don't have legs.
(d) They don't fly.
2. What is Vee carrying when she enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A painting.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A parrot.
3. What is Val fixing with a pocket knife when Carol approaches him in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) His motorcycle.
(b) His belt buckle.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His watch.
4. How old does Carol say she is?
5. Where does Carol get money for the pay phone?
(a) The safe.
(b) The cash box.
(c) The window.
(d) Her purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did couples do at the wine garden "back in the day"?
2. What is the name of the local highway?
3. Which character wears exaggerated eyeliner and stylized makeup?
4. Who is returning from the hospital in the Prologue?
5. How many places in New Orleans does Carol say she followed Val?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Vee? How has she met Val?
2. Who is present at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3? What are they discussing?
3. Describe the birds that Val tells Lady about. What is remarkable about them?
4. What have the Town Women gone upstairs in Lady and Jabe's house for? What do they remark about it?
5. What does Lady offer Val to save him money in Act 2?
6. Where do Val and Lady go in the end of Act 2? What does this imply?
7. What conversation does Lady have with the Nurse about Jabe's illness in Act 3 Scene 3?
8. What does Lady say to Val about opening the confectionery in Act 3 Scene 3?
9. What does Lady tell David in Act 2? How does he react?
10. How does Val regard his guitar?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)