|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ring does Carol say that Val was wearing when she met him before?
(a) A snake ring.
(b) A turtle ring.
(c) A ring with a dove.
(d) A wedding ring.
2. What is Lady redecorating the confectionery to look like?
(a) A New Orleans bar.
(b) A nightclub.
(c) The orchard.
(d) The prison.
3. What is Val carrying when he enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A pair of stockings.
4. How old does Val say he is?
5. What does Carol pass to Val after he sings?
(c) A joint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beulah say that the ice box is located?
2. What does Carol remove from her trench coat pocket in Act 1 Scene 1?
3. What's the one word Carol says the ghosts at Cypress Hill say?
4. What does Vee say she's been doing for ten hours straight in Act 1 Scene 1?
5. Who was the leader of the Mystic Crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why did Val end up in town?
2. What does Jabe say after Lady is shot? What does he do?
3. What does Jabe look at when he comes downstairs in Act, 3 Scene 1? What is his response?
4. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition took hold?
5. Describe the character of Uncle Pleasant. What does he look like? What does he say when he enters in Act 1?
6. Where has Carol met Val before? Describe that encounter.
7. What conversation does Lady have with the Nurse about Jabe's illness in Act 3 Scene 3?
8. What did Carol do that got her banned from the county overnight?
9. What did Lady's father come to America with?
10. Describe the set of Orpheus Descending.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)