|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jabe have surgery?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
2. What does Lady say they've always had a problem with in the store?
(c) Children stealing.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2, what does Carol plan to do that night?
(a) Stay at home.
(b) Buy a car.
(c) Drive to Memphis.
(d) Go jooking.
4. Who's appearance makes Eva and Sister scream?
(d) The Conjure Man.
5. Whose family name is the oldest and most distinguished in the county?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jabe do to summon Lady upstairs?
2. How old does Val say he is?
3. Who does Beulah say burned down the wine garden?
4. Who does Dolly speak to in the Prologue?
5. What did the people of the town call Lady's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have the women come to the store in the beginning of the play?
2. What does Lady compare her body to in Act 3 Scene 3 when talking to Val?
3. Who does Carol make a phone call to in Act 1 Scene 1? Why?
4. What is Val's memory of the woman he saw on the bayou?
5. How and why did Val end up in town?
6. What does Vee say has blinded her in Act 3? How long has she been expecting this?
7. What have the Town Women gone upstairs in Lady and Jabe's house for? What do they remark about it?
8. Who is Vee? How has she met Val?
9. What did Lady's father come to America with?
10. Why does Val say that Jim Crow killed Bessie Smith?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)