|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beulah say burned down the wine garden?
(a) The Sheriff's son.
(b) The Wop.
(c) The Mystic Crew.
(d) The Everly sisters.
2. What does Carol tell Val she's not allowed to do?
(b) Go to New Orleans.
(c) Stay overnight in the county.
(d) Pick up strangers.
3. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a night that's not clear?
(a) Wilderwood cabins.
(b) Elmhurst cabins.
(c) Candlewood cabins.
(d) Idlewood cabins.
4. What did Carol wear to protest the death penalty of Willie McGee?
(a) A barrel.
(c) A prison uniform.
(d) A potato sack.
5. Who enters the archway between the store and confectionery in the beginning of Act 1 Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said in Val's character reference?
2. What is Lady reopening?
3. How old does Carol say she is?
4. What is Val carrying when he enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
5. How many places in New Orleans does Carol say she followed Val?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady offer Val to save him money in Act 2?
2. What does Vee say has blinded her in Act 3? How long has she been expecting this?
3. Who is Vee? How has she met Val?
4. How does Val regard his guitar?
5. Describe the birds that Val tells Lady about. What is remarkable about them?
6. How do the stage directions describe Val? What is he wearing?
7. Who is present at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3? What are they discussing?
8. What is Val's memory of the woman he saw on the bayou?
9. What happens at the end of Act 2 Scene 3 with Val and the cash box? How does Lady react?
10. What does Lady compare her body to in Act 3 Scene 3 when talking to Val?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)