|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the store after the loud savage cry?
2. Why is Val in town?
(a) His sister lives here.
(b) He's looking for Lady.
(c) His car broke down.
(d) His father lives here.
3. What was "the mistake" Lady's father made that caused the vineyard to be burned?
(a) He gambled.
(b) He burned down the church.
(c) He sold liquor to blacks.
(d) He bought the saw mill.
4. What is Carol Cutrere's brother's name?
(a) Pee Wee.
5. Who has gone to the depot to meet Lady and Jabe?
(a) Sheriff Talbott.
(b) Pee Wee and Dog.
(d) Val and Carol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did couples do at the wine garden "back in the day"?
2. When did Carol meet Val before?
3. What does Val offer to Lady in Act 1 Scene 2?
4. What does Carol tell Val she's not allowed to do?
5. Which character wears exaggerated eyeliner and stylized makeup?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Val say about questions and waiting for answers in Act 2?
2. Who has signed Val's guitar?
3. What did Carol do that got her banned from the county overnight?
4. Who does Carol make a phone call to in Act 1 Scene 1? Why?
5. Why does Lady feel disappointed in Val in Act 2 Scene 3? Why does he feel disappointed in her?
6. How does Val believe human beings used to connect? How does he feel now?
7. What does Lady offer Val to save him money in Act 2?
8. What does Lady compare her body to in Act 3 Scene 3 when talking to Val?
9. What sounds indicate that Val is murdered? How?
10. Why did the woman call to complain about Val? What really happened?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)