|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Carol make a phone call to in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) Little Rock.
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
2. What is gilded on the window of the set?
(a) Torrence Mercantile Store.
(b) Thunderly Merchant Store.
(c) Wilcox Funeral Home.
(d) Murray Ruggles Flowers.
3. What is the name of the local highway?
(a) Ville Platte.
4. Who's appearance makes Eva and Sister scream?
(a) The Conjure Man.
5. What does Carol remove from her trench coat pocket in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A revolver.
(b) A knife.
(c) A makeup mirror.
(d) A loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ring does Carol say that Val was wearing when she met him before?
2. Who is Sheriff Talbott married to?
3. What does Carol pass to Val after he sings?
4. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a night that's not clear?
5. What does Beulah say Lady's father had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the "oddities" Val tells Lady about himself?
2. Where has Carol met Val before? Describe that encounter.
3. How do the stage directions describe Val? What is he wearing?
4. Compare the characters Val and Sheriff Talbott. How are they alike? How are they different?
5. What does Lady tell David in Act 2? How does he react?
6. Describe the interaction between Val and Sheriff Talbott in Act 3, Scene 2 when he enters to find Val and Vee together.
7. Why have the women come to the store in the beginning of the play?
8. Describe the character of Lady. How old is she? Who is she married to?
9. What does Jabe look at when he comes downstairs in Act, 3 Scene 1? What is his response?
10. What did Lady's father come to America with?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)