|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Val say he's here in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He came for Carol.
(b) His brother lives here.
(c) His car broke down.
(d) His aunt lives here.
2. What does Carol say it means "if you break the heel off your slipper in the morning"?
(a) You'll meet the love of your life that week.
(b) You'll meet the love of your life before dark.
(c) You'll die before dark.
(d) You'll win a million dollars.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2, what does Carol plan to do that night?
(a) Buy a car.
(b) Stay at home.
(c) Go jooking.
(d) Drive to Memphis.
4. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a night that's not clear?
(a) Candlewood cabins.
(b) Wilderwood cabins.
(c) Elmhurst cabins.
(d) Idlewood cabins.
5. Who's appearance makes Eva and Sister scream?
(b) The Conjure Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beulah say Lady's heart was broken by?
2. What is Val fixing with a pocket knife when Carol approaches him in Act 1 Scene 1?
3. Who was the leader of the Mystic Crew?
4. Why hadn't Val read the character reference before?
5. What does Val wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Val believe human beings used to connect? How does he feel now?
2. How and why did Val end up in town?
3. How does Val regard his guitar?
4. What did Lady's father come to America with?
5. What does Val say about questions and waiting for answers in Act 2?
6. How does Carol describe herself to Val?
7. What does Carol describe "jooking" as?
8. In what time and place is Orpheus Descending set?
9. What does Talbott tell Val before he leaves in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What does Jabe say after Lady is shot? What does he do?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)