|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jabe slip up by saying burned down the orchard?
(b) His son.
(d) The Sheriff.
2. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) New Orleans.
3. Who says, "I don' t like violence"?
(c) Sheriff Talbott.
4. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
5. What does Sheriff Talbot ask to see of Val's?
(a) His guitar.
(b) His wrists.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His jacket.
6. What does Lady say everything Val does is?
7. What drug does Lady give to Jabe in Act 2?
8. What does Carol wear when she enters in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) A black cloak.
(b) A witch's hat.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A sailor's cap.
9. What didn't make sense to Vee before she started painting?
10. Who takes out a knife in the store with Val?
(c) The Sheriff.
11. Where did Lady's aunt come here from?
(a) Monte Cassino.
12. Who says, "I know! Death's knocking for me! Don't you think I hear him, knock, knock, knock"?
13. What does Val tell Lady he's planning on doing in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) Killing the Sheriff.
(b) Taking the southbound bus out of town.
(c) Staying there with her.
(d) Killing Jabe.
14. What song is heard at the end of Act 3 Scene 2?
(a) "Dog Howl Blues."
(b) "Lady Love Song."
(c) "Memphis Blues."
(d) "Heavenly Grass."
15. What does Lady plan to continue with in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) Leaving town.
(b) Killing Jabe.
(c) The opening of the winery.
(d) The gala opening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Val tell Lady that he stays?
2. What does Lady tell David that she "never told him before"?
3. Who says, "Nobody ever gets to know no body! We're all of us sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life!"?
4. What does Lady refuse to give her word to the Town Women about?
5. What does Lady say that the Delta Brilliant always call for?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)