|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Val remark about Lady's skin?
(a) It's dark.
(b) It's pale.
(c) It's tender.
(d) It's sallow.
2. What has happened to Jabe between Act 3 Scene 2 and Scene 3?
(a) He's hemorraged.
(b) He left.
(c) He's had a seizure.
(d) He's died.
3. How does the nurse say the confectionery looks?
4. What does Lady say about the dogs barking in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) It's the police dogs looking for her.
(b) It's the neighbor's dogs gone wild.
(c) It's the police dogs looking for Val.
(d) It's the chain-gang dogs chasing an escaped convict.
5. Vee says that we live in a world of what?
(a) Joy and sorrow.
(b) God and the Devil.
(c) Light and shadow.
(d) Good and evil.
6. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) Two months.
(b) A few days.
(c) One year.
(d) A few weeks.
7. What song is heard at the end of Act 3 Scene 2?
(a) "Dog Howl Blues."
(b) "Memphis Blues."
(c) "Lady Love Song."
(d) "Heavenly Grass."
8. Why does Lady say she must open the confectionery tonight?
(a) To kill Jabe.
(b) To laugh in the face of failure.
(c) To end her misery.
(d) To not be defeated.
9. Where does Lady tell Beulah her people came here from?
(a) Palermo, Sicily.
(c) Puerto Rico.
10. How many lives does Lady say was lost in the orchard fire?
11. What does Lady say everything Val does is?
12. Who says, "You've got to have--vision--to see!"?
13. Where does Val tell Lady that he stays?
(a) Idlewood hotel.
(b) Wildwood cabins.
(c) Channeltown motel.
(d) Dixie Inn.
14. Who says, "Nobody ever gets to know no body! We're all of us sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life!"?
15. What does Lady plan to continue with in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) The opening of the winery.
(b) Leaving town.
(c) The gala opening.
(d) Killing Jabe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lady's aunt tell her it felt like to die?
2. What did Lady call about at 5pm in Act 3 Scene 3?
3. How is the woman who complained about Val described?
4. What does Lady refuse to give her word to the Town Women about?
5. What does Lady say that the Delta Brilliant always call for?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)