|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the picture Val says is in the alcove?
(a) "September Morn."
(b) "Christina's World."
(c) "Blue Dawn."
(d) "December Evening."
2. What is Carol doing outside the Red Crown station in Act 2?
(a) Blowing her horn.
(c) Taking off her clothes.
3. What does Lady plan to continue with in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) Killing Jabe.
(b) The gala opening.
(c) Leaving town.
(d) The opening of the winery.
4. Who enters sobbing in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) Eva Temple.
5. Vee says that we live in a world of what?
(a) Good and evil.
(b) Joy and sorrow.
(c) Light and shadow.
(d) God and the Devil.
6. How old was Vee's baby sister when she died?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
7. What does Val say is the "make-believe" answer?
8. Who says, "You've got to have--vision--to see!"?
9. What does Val tell Lady he's planning on doing in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) Staying there with her.
(b) Taking the southbound bus out of town.
(c) Killing the Sheriff.
(d) Killing Jabe.
10. Who says, "I don' t like violence"?
(c) Sheriff Talbott.
11. What does Vee say happened to the kitchen sink after she poured holy water down the drain as a child?
(a) It turned to blood.
(b) It smoked.
(c) It was on fire.
(d) It turned black.
12. What does Vee say that Lady and Jabe have never darkened?
(a) A church door.
(b) A sunset.
(c) A grave.
(d) A wedding altar.
13. When does the Sheriff tell Val to leave by?
(a) Tomorrow night.
(b) The morning.
(c) The evening.
(d) The week's over.
14. What does Lady say about the dogs barking in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) It's the police dogs looking for her.
(b) It's the police dogs looking for Val.
(c) It's the chain-gang dogs chasing an escaped convict.
(d) It's the neighbor's dogs gone wild.
15. What does Lady say to Val at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She needs him to leave.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She needs him to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady say she left the money in the cash box?
2. Where does Val tell Lady that he stays?
3. What does Carol wear when she enters in Act 3 Scene 3?
4. What did Lady call about at 5pm in Act 3 Scene 3?
5. What song is heard at the end of Act 3 Scene 2?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)