|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Sheriff tell Val to leave by?
(a) Tomorrow night.
(b) The evening.
(c) The morning.
(d) The week's over.
2. Where is Lady at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) The pharmacy.
(b) The doctor's office.
(c) The dentist.
(d) The beauty parlor.
3. What has happened to Jabe between Act 3 Scene 2 and Scene 3?
(a) He's had a seizure.
(b) He left.
(c) He's died.
(d) He's hemorraged.
4. Why does Lady say she must open the confectionery tonight?
(a) To end her misery.
(b) To laugh in the face of failure.
(c) To not be defeated.
(d) To kill Jabe.
5. What did Lady call about at 5pm in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) To check on Vee.
(b) To check on Val.
(c) To check on Jabe.
(d) To see if liquor was delivered.
6. Who does Lady say is not welcome in the store?
(c) David Catrere.
(d) Carol Catrere.
7. How much does Val get paid weekly at the store?
8. What does Lady say about the dogs barking in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) It's the neighbor's dogs gone wild.
(b) It's the police dogs looking for Val.
(c) It's the chain-gang dogs chasing an escaped convict.
(d) It's the police dogs looking for her.
9. Who says, "Nobody ever gets to know no body! We're all of us sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life!"?
10. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
11. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) One year.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) Two months.
12. What does Val tell Lady he's planning on doing in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) Killing the Sheriff.
(b) Killing Jabe.
(c) Staying there with her.
(d) Taking the southbound bus out of town.
13. What drug does Lady give to Jabe in Act 2?
14. What does Carol say that this country used to be?
15. How does the nurse say the confectionery looks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes out a knife in the store with Val?
2. What does Val tell lady he came back to tell her?
3. Where did Lady's aunt come here from?
4. What does Lady grab when Val goes to change out of his work suit?
5. How is the woman who complained about Val described?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)