|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lady's aunt tell her it felt like to die?
2. Who does Lady say is coming to Val in Act 3 Scene 1?
3. What does Val tell Lady he's planning on doing in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) Killing the Sheriff.
(b) Taking the southbound bus out of town.
(c) Staying there with her.
(d) Killing Jabe.
4. What does Sheriff Talbot ask to see of Val's?
(a) His guitar.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His wrists.
(d) His jacket.
5. What does Carol say that this country used to be?
6. What does Lady grab when Val goes to change out of his work suit?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His guitar.
(c) His money.
(d) His suitcase.
7. Who says, "I don' t like violence"?
(d) Sheriff Talbott.
8. How does Val say he used to think people got to know each other?
(a) By music.
(b) By smell.
(c) By talking.
(d) By touch.
9. Where does Lady tell Beulah her people came here from?
(a) Palermo, Sicily.
(c) Puerto Rico.
10. Who enters sobbing in Act 3 Scene 3?
(b) Eva Temple.
11. Who says, "You've got to have--vision--to see!"?
12. What does Lady grab when Val tries to leave?
(a) His suitcase.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His hand.
13. What does Vee say she was born with?
(a) A dream.
(b) A caul.
(c) A miracle.
(d) A witch's sense.
14. What does Lady suggest to the Nurse in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) To let her escape.
(b) To leave.
(c) To hide Val.
(d) To help her husband die.
15. Who says, "Nobody ever gets to know no body! We're all of us sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life!"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carol wear when she enters in Act 3 Scene 3?
2. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
3. How long does Lady say that Val has worked at the store in Act 3?
4. Who does Jabe slip up by saying burned down the orchard?
5. What does Lady say to Val at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)