|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady suggest to the Nurse in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) To leave.
(b) To help her husband die.
(c) To let her escape.
(d) To hide Val.
2. How is the woman who complained about Val described?
3. How does the nurse say the confectionery looks?
4. On what day does Act 3 begin?
(a) Lady's birthday.
(b) Val's birthday.
(c) The day before Easter.
(d) Jabe's birthday.
5. What does Lady say that the Delta Brilliant always call for?
(a) Seven and Sevens.
(b) Whiskey Sours.
(c) Mint Juleps.
(d) Hot Toddies.
6. What does Vee say that Lady and Jabe have never darkened?
(a) A sunset.
(b) A grave.
(c) A wedding altar.
(d) A church door.
7. What does Lady tell David that she "never told him before"?
(a) She is married.
(b) She was pregnant when he left her.
(c) She wants to marry him.
(d) She still loves him.
8. What does Vee say she was born with?
(a) A witch's sense.
(b) A miracle.
(c) A caul.
(d) A dream.
9. Who enters from upstairs when the Town Men are threatening Val?
(b) Nurse Porter.
10. Where does Vee say that one of her paintings is on exhibition?
(a) The Washington House Museum.
(b) The Met.
(c) Audubon Park.
(d) The Guggenheim.
11. What drug does Lady give to Jabe in Act 2?
12. What did the woman who complained about Val give him?
(a) A rose.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A valentine.
(d) A phone call.
13. Vee says that we live in a world of what?
(a) Light and shadow.
(b) God and the Devil.
(c) Good and evil.
(d) Joy and sorrow.
14. Who does Lady say is coming to Val in Act 3 Scene 1?
15. What does Lady say about the dogs barking in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) It's the chain-gang dogs chasing an escaped convict.
(b) It's the neighbor's dogs gone wild.
(c) It's the police dogs looking for her.
(d) It's the police dogs looking for Val.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters sobbing in Act 3 Scene 3?
2. What does Vee say happened to the kitchen sink after she poured holy water down the drain as a child?
3. How old was Vee's baby sister when she died?
4. Who says, "I know! Death's knocking for me! Don't you think I hear him, knock, knock, knock"?
5. Where did Val grow up?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)