|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Washington D.C.
2. What is Lady's last name?
3. How old was Vee's baby sister when she died?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
4. Who enters sobbing in Act 3 Scene 3?
(d) Eva Temple.
5. What is the picture Val says is in the alcove?
(a) "December Evening."
(b) "Christina's World."
(c) "September Morn."
(d) "Blue Dawn."
6. What does Carol say that this country used to be?
7. How does the nurse say the confectionery looks?
8. Who does Carol say she's come to deliver a message to in Act 2 Scene 1?
9. Why does Lady say she must open the confectionery tonight?
(a) To laugh in the face of failure.
(b) To kill Jabe.
(c) To not be defeated.
(d) To end her misery.
10. On what day does Act 3 begin?
(a) Lady's birthday.
(b) The day before Easter.
(c) Val's birthday.
(d) Jabe's birthday.
11. How many lives does Lady say was lost in the orchard fire?
12. Where did Val grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Witch's Bayou.
13. What does Lady say about the dogs barking in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) It's the chain-gang dogs chasing an escaped convict.
(b) It's the police dogs looking for her.
(c) It's the police dogs looking for Val.
(d) It's the neighbor's dogs gone wild.
14. What did Lady's father's monkey wear?
(a) A circus clown outfit.
(b) A green velvet suit.
(c) A bandana.
(d) A blue hat.
15. What does Lady tell David that she "never told him before"?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She is married.
(c) She was pregnant when he left her.
(d) She still loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vee say happened to the kitchen sink after she poured holy water down the drain as a child?
2. What does Carol wear when she enters in Act 3 Scene 3?
3. Who enters from upstairs when the Town Men are threatening Val?
4. What does Lady suggest to the Nurse in Act 3 Scene 3?
5. Where is Lady at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)