|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the woman who complained about Val give him?
(a) A bouquet.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A rose.
(d) A valentine.
2. What does Val tell Lady he's planning on doing in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) Killing the Sheriff.
(b) Killing Jabe.
(c) Staying there with her.
(d) Taking the southbound bus out of town.
3. What does Lady suggest to the Nurse in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) To leave.
(b) To help her husband die.
(c) To let her escape.
(d) To hide Val.
4. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
5. Who enters sobbing in Act 3 Scene 3?
(d) Eva Temple.
6. What is playing music to advertise the opening of the confectionery?
(a) A piano.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A calliope.
(d) A guitar.
7. Who enters from upstairs when the Town Men are threatening Val?
(b) Nurse Porter.
8. What does Lady say to Val at the end of Act 2?
(a) She needs him to live.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She needs him to leave.
9. Who does Lady say is coming to Val in Act 3 Scene 1?
10. Who says, "No monkey business here, boy!"?
(d) Sheriff Talbott.
11. What does Lady plan to continue with in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) The opening of the winery.
(b) The gala opening.
(c) Killing Jabe.
(d) Leaving town.
12. What drug does Lady give to Jabe in Act 2?
13. On what day does Act 3 begin?
(a) Val's birthday.
(b) Lady's birthday.
(c) Jabe's birthday.
(d) The day before Easter.
14. What does Lady tell David that she "never told him before"?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She is married.
(c) She still loves him.
(d) She was pregnant when he left her.
15. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) A few days.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) A few weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Val do at the end of Act 2 Scene 3?
2. What has happened to Jabe between Act 3 Scene 2 and Scene 3?
3. Who has been struck blind in Act 3?
4. What does Lady refuse to give her word to the Town Women about?
5. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)