|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vee say when she enters in Act 2 Scene 2?
(a) She's sick.
(b) She can't hear.
(c) She's dying.
(d) She can't see.
2. What does Val tell Lady he's planning on doing in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) Taking the southbound bus out of town.
(b) Killing Jabe.
(c) Staying there with her.
(d) Killing the Sheriff.
3. Where is Lady at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) The dentist.
(b) The pharmacy.
(c) The doctor's office.
(d) The beauty parlor.
4. Why does Lady say she left the money in the cash box?
(a) To give to Jabe.
(b) To test Val.
(c) To pay the bookie.
(d) To give to Carol.
5. What does Val remark about Lady's skin?
(a) It's pale.
(b) It's dark.
(c) It's sallow.
(d) It's tender.
6. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) Two months.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) A few days.
7. What does Lady grab when Val goes to change out of his work suit?
(a) His money.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His suitcase.
8. Where does the Sheriff send Dog and Pee Wee in Act 3?
(a) Into the alcove.
(d) On the porch.
9. What is Lady's last name?
10. Who says, "I know! Death's knocking for me! Don't you think I hear him, knock, knock, knock"?
11. What song is heard at the end of Act 3 Scene 2?
(a) "Lady Love Song."
(b) "Heavenly Grass."
(c) "Memphis Blues."
(d) "Dog Howl Blues."
12. How much does Val get paid weekly at the store?
13. Who takes out a knife in the store with Val?
(c) The Sheriff.
14. Where does Vee say that one of her paintings is on exhibition?
(a) The Washington House Museum.
(b) The Met.
(c) Audubon Park.
(d) The Guggenheim.
15. How many lives does Lady say was lost in the orchard fire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Val do at the end of Act 2 Scene 3?
2. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
3. Who says, "You've got to have--vision--to see!"?
4. What did Lady's father's monkey wear?
5. What is playing music to advertise the opening of the confectionery?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)