|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady say she must open the confectionery tonight?
(a) To not be defeated.
(b) To end her misery.
(c) To kill Jabe.
(d) To laugh in the face of failure.
2. What does Lady say that the Delta Brilliant always call for?
(a) Mint Juleps.
(b) Hot Toddies.
(c) Whiskey Sours.
(d) Seven and Sevens.
3. Who says, "I know! Death's knocking for me! Don't you think I hear him, knock, knock, knock"?
4. Where does the Sheriff send Dog and Pee Wee in Act 3?
(b) Into the alcove.
(c) On the porch.
5. What drug does Lady give to Jabe in Act 2?
6. Who does Lady say is not welcome in the store?
(b) Carol Catrere.
(d) David Catrere.
7. How much does Val get paid weekly at the store?
8. How is the woman who complained about Val described?
9. What was the vision that Vee had?
(a) The eyes of the Savior.
(b) A great fire.
(c) The sun exploding.
(d) The eyes of the Devil.
10. How long does Lady say that Val has worked at the store in Act 3?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four months and five days.
(d) Three months.
11. What does Val tell lady he came back to tell her?
(a) He wants to leave.
(b) He needs money.
(c) He can't kill her.
(d) He loves her.
12. What didn't make sense to Vee before she started painting?
13. Who does Jabe slip up by saying burned down the orchard?
(a) His son.
(b) The Sheriff.
14. What did Lady call about at 5pm in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) To check on Val.
(b) To check on Vee.
(c) To check on Jabe.
(d) To see if liquor was delivered.
15. Where does Val tell Lady that he stays?
(a) Dixie Inn.
(b) Wildwood cabins.
(c) Channeltown motel.
(d) Idlewood hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carol say she's come to deliver a message to in Act 2 Scene 1?
2. What does Vee say that Lady and Jabe have never darkened?
3. How many lives does Lady say was lost in the orchard fire?
4. What does Lady say about the dogs barking in Act 2 Scene 3?
5. What song is heard at the end of Act 3 Scene 2?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)