|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Val tell Lady that he stays?
(a) Wildwood cabins.
(b) Dixie Inn.
(c) Channeltown motel.
(d) Idlewood hotel.
2. What does Carol say that this country used to be?
3. What is playing music to advertise the opening of the confectionery?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A calliope.
(d) A piano.
4. What song is heard at the end of Act 3 Scene 2?
(a) "Heavenly Grass."
(b) "Dog Howl Blues."
(c) "Memphis Blues."
(d) "Lady Love Song."
5. How old was Val when he met a girl on the bayou?
6. Where does Vee say that one of her paintings is on exhibition?
(a) The Washington House Museum.
(b) The Guggenheim.
(c) Audubon Park.
(d) The Met.
7. What did Lady's father's monkey wear?
(a) A green velvet suit.
(b) A blue hat.
(c) A bandana.
(d) A circus clown outfit.
8. Who says, "I don' t like violence"?
(b) Sheriff Talbott.
9. What does the sign say that the Sheriff tells Val about?
(a) "Leave before you die."
(b) "Nigger, don't let the sun go down on you in this county."
(c) "Stop before you die."
(d) "Ku Klux Klan."
10. What does Lady tell David that she "never told him before"?
(a) She was pregnant when he left her.
(b) She is married.
(c) She wants to marry him.
(d) She still loves him.
11. What does Lady say about the dogs barking in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) It's the neighbor's dogs gone wild.
(b) It's the police dogs looking for Val.
(c) It's the police dogs looking for her.
(d) It's the chain-gang dogs chasing an escaped convict.
12. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) One year.
(b) Two months.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few days.
13. How much does Val get paid weekly at the store?
14. What is the picture Val says is in the alcove?
(a) "December Evening."
(b) "Blue Dawn."
(c) "September Morn."
(d) "Christina's World."
15. What does Val do at the end of Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) Changes clothes behind the curtain.
(b) Goes to the alcove to sleep.
(c) Takes money from the cash box.
(d) Leaves his guitar and walks out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the nurse say the confectionery looks?
2. How many lives does Lady say was lost in the orchard fire?
3. Where does the Sheriff send Dog and Pee Wee in Act 3?
4. Why does Lady say she must open the confectionery tonight?
5. Who enters sobbing in Act 3 Scene 3?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)