|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Val do at the end of Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) Goes to the alcove to sleep.
(b) Leaves his guitar and walks out.
(c) Changes clothes behind the curtain.
(d) Takes money from the cash box.
2. Who does Lady say is coming to Val in Act 3 Scene 1?
3. Why does Lady say she left the money in the cash box?
(a) To pay the bookie.
(b) To test Val.
(c) To give to Jabe.
(d) To give to Carol.
4. Where does the Sheriff send Dog and Pee Wee in Act 3?
(b) On the porch.
(c) Into the alcove.
5. What does Lady refuse to give her word to the Town Women about?
(a) Refusing service to Carol.
(b) Killing her husband.
(c) Taking their money.
(d) Firing Val.
6. Who says, "I know! Death's knocking for me! Don't you think I hear him, knock, knock, knock"?
7. What has happened to Jabe between Act 3 Scene 2 and Scene 3?
(a) He left.
(b) He's had a seizure.
(c) He's hemorraged.
(d) He's died.
8. What is the picture Val says is in the alcove?
(a) "Blue Dawn."
(b) "December Evening."
(c) "September Morn."
(d) "Christina's World."
9. How does the nurse say the confectionery looks?
10. What does Vee say happened to the kitchen sink after she poured holy water down the drain as a child?
(a) It turned to blood.
(b) It smoked.
(c) It turned black.
(d) It was on fire.
11. What does Val remark about Lady's skin?
(a) It's tender.
(b) It's dark.
(c) It's sallow.
(d) It's pale.
12. What does Vee say she was born with?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A dream.
(c) A witch's sense.
(d) A caul.
13. On what day does Act 3 begin?
(a) Val's birthday.
(b) The day before Easter.
(c) Jabe's birthday.
(d) Lady's birthday.
14. Where did Lady's aunt come here from?
(a) Monte Cassino.
15. What does Sheriff Talbot ask to see of Val's?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His guitar.
(c) His wrists.
(d) His eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
2. Who says, "I don' t like violence"?
3. Who has been struck blind in Act 3?
4. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
5. Vee says that we live in a world of what?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)