|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady plan to continue with in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) The opening of the winery.
(b) Leaving town.
(c) Killing Jabe.
(d) The gala opening.
2. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
3. What does Lady say about the dogs barking in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) It's the police dogs looking for Val.
(b) It's the neighbor's dogs gone wild.
(c) It's the chain-gang dogs chasing an escaped convict.
(d) It's the police dogs looking for her.
4. On what day does Act 3 begin?
(a) Jabe's birthday.
(b) Lady's birthday.
(c) Val's birthday.
(d) The day before Easter.
5. What does Vee say that Lady and Jabe have never darkened?
(a) A grave.
(b) A sunset.
(c) A wedding altar.
(d) A church door.
6. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) Two months.
(b) A few days.
(c) One year.
(d) A few weeks.
7. What did Lady's aunt tell her it felt like to die?
8. What does Val say is the "make-believe" answer?
9. Where does Lady tell Beulah her people came here from?
(a) Palermo, Sicily.
(c) Puerto Rico.
10. How much does Val get paid weekly at the store?
11. Who does Jabe slip up by saying burned down the orchard?
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) His son.
12. Why does Lady say she left the money in the cash box?
(a) To give to Carol.
(b) To give to Jabe.
(c) To pay the bookie.
(d) To test Val.
13. What does Vee say she was born with?
(a) A caul.
(b) A dream.
(c) A miracle.
(d) A witch's sense.
14. Who says, "I know! Death's knocking for me! Don't you think I hear him, knock, knock, knock"?
15. What does Val tell lady he came back to tell her?
(a) He wants to leave.
(b) He needs money.
(c) He can't kill her.
(d) He loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Val tell Lady he's planning on doing in Act 3 Scene 3?
2. What does Lady suggest to the Nurse in Act 3 Scene 3?
3. What does Carol say that this country used to be?
4. Where does the Sheriff send Dog and Pee Wee in Act 3?
5. What does Lady tell David that she "never told him before"?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)