|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lady's father's monkey wear?
(a) A green velvet suit.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A blue hat.
(d) A circus clown outfit.
2. What does Sheriff Talbot ask to see of Val's?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His wrists.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His guitar.
3. What does Vee say she was born with?
(a) A caul.
(b) A miracle.
(c) A witch's sense.
(d) A dream.
4. Who enters from upstairs when the Town Men are threatening Val?
(c) Nurse Porter.
5. When does the Sheriff tell Val to leave by?
(a) The week's over.
(b) Tomorrow night.
(c) The morning.
(d) The evening.
6. What does Vee say that Lady and Jabe have never darkened?
(a) A grave.
(b) A church door.
(c) A wedding altar.
(d) A sunset.
7. What does Val say is the "make-believe" answer?
8. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) A few days.
(d) Two months.
9. Who takes out a knife in the store with Val?
(b) The Sheriff.
10. Where does Vee say that one of her paintings is on exhibition?
(a) The Guggenheim.
(b) The Met.
(c) Audubon Park.
(d) The Washington House Museum.
11. Who says, "I know! Death's knocking for me! Don't you think I hear him, knock, knock, knock"?
12. How old was Vee's baby sister when she died?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) Two years.
13. What does Lady plan to continue with in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) Leaving town.
(b) The gala opening.
(c) The opening of the winery.
(d) Killing Jabe.
14. Who says, "Nobody ever gets to know no body! We're all of us sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life!"?
15. What does Lady say to Val at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She needs him to leave.
(d) She needs him to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "No monkey business here, boy!"?
2. Who does Jabe slip up by saying burned down the orchard?
3. What does Carol say that this country used to be?
4. What was the vision that Vee had?
5. What did Lady's aunt tell her it felt like to die?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)