|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Jabe between Act 3 Scene 2 and Scene 3?
(a) He's died.
(b) He's hemorraged.
(c) He's had a seizure.
(d) He left.
2. What did Lady's father's monkey wear?
(a) A green velvet suit.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A blue hat.
(d) A circus clown outfit.
3. What does Val say is the "make-believe" answer?
4. How much does Val get paid weekly at the store?
5. Where did Val grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Witch's Bayou.
6. What does Lady tell David that she "never told him before"?
(a) She was pregnant when he left her.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She is married.
(d) She still loves him.
7. Who says, "Nobody ever gets to know no body! We're all of us sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life!"?
8. What did Lady call about at 5pm in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) To see if liquor was delivered.
(b) To check on Vee.
(c) To check on Val.
(d) To check on Jabe.
9. How old was Val when he left the bayou?
10. Who does Lady say is not welcome in the store?
(a) David Catrere.
(b) Carol Catrere.
11. What does Sheriff Talbot ask to see of Val's?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His wrists.
12. Why does Lady say she left the money in the cash box?
(a) To give to Carol.
(b) To test Val.
(c) To give to Jabe.
(d) To pay the bookie.
13. What does the sign say that the Sheriff tells Val about?
(a) "Ku Klux Klan."
(b) "Leave before you die."
(c) "Nigger, don't let the sun go down on you in this county."
(d) "Stop before you die."
14. Who says, "You've got to have--vision--to see!"?
15. Who does Lady say is coming to Val in Act 3 Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
2. What didn't make sense to Vee before she started painting?
3. What does Lady suggest to the Nurse in Act 3 Scene 3?
4. What is Carol doing outside the Red Crown station in Act 2?
5. What does Lady grab when Val tries to leave?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)