|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lady at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) The dentist.
(b) The beauty parlor.
(c) The doctor's office.
(d) The pharmacy.
2. What does Lady say to Val at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She needs him to leave.
(d) She needs him to live.
3. What song is heard at the end of Act 3 Scene 2?
(a) "Heavenly Grass."
(b) "Lady Love Song."
(c) "Memphis Blues."
(d) "Dog Howl Blues."
4. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) A few days.
(b) One year.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) Two months.
5. What drug does Lady give to Jabe in Act 2?
6. Where does the Sheriff send Dog and Pee Wee in Act 3?
(a) Into the alcove.
(d) On the porch.
7. What does Vee say that Lady and Jabe have never darkened?
(a) A wedding altar.
(b) A grave.
(c) A sunset.
(d) A church door.
8. Where did Lady's aunt come here from?
(a) Monte Cassino.
9. What does the sign say that the Sheriff tells Val about?
(a) "Stop before you die."
(b) "Leave before you die."
(c) "Ku Klux Klan."
(d) "Nigger, don't let the sun go down on you in this county."
10. What did Lady's aunt tell her it felt like to die?
11. When does the Sheriff tell Val to leave by?
(a) Tomorrow night.
(b) The week's over.
(c) The evening.
(d) The morning.
12. What does Val remark about Lady's skin?
(a) It's dark.
(b) It's tender.
(c) It's pale.
(d) It's sallow.
13. How does Val say he used to think people got to know each other?
(a) By music.
(b) By touch.
(c) By talking.
(d) By smell.
14. Who says, "I know! Death's knocking for me! Don't you think I hear him, knock, knock, knock"?
15. What did Lady call about at 5pm in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) To check on Vee.
(b) To check on Val.
(c) To check on Jabe.
(d) To see if liquor was delivered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vee say when she enters in Act 2 Scene 2?
2. What does Sheriff Talbot ask to see of Val's?
3. What does Lady tell David that she "never told him before"?
4. Why does Lady say she must open the confectionery tonight?
5. How old was Val when he met a girl on the bayou?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)