|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Val tell Lady that he stays?
(a) Dixie Inn.
(b) Idlewood hotel.
(c) Wildwood cabins.
(d) Channeltown motel.
2. What does Val tell lady he came back to tell her?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He wants to leave.
(c) He needs money.
(d) He can't kill her.
3. What does Lady say everything Val does is?
4. On what day does Act 3 begin?
(a) Lady's birthday.
(b) Jabe's birthday.
(c) The day before Easter.
(d) Val's birthday.
5. Who takes out a knife in the store with Val?
(a) The Sheriff.
6. Where did Lady's aunt come here from?
(a) Monte Cassino.
7. Who says, "I know! Death's knocking for me! Don't you think I hear him, knock, knock, knock"?
8. Vee says that we live in a world of what?
(a) Good and evil.
(b) Light and shadow.
(c) Joy and sorrow.
(d) God and the Devil.
9. How does the nurse say the confectionery looks?
10. Who enters sobbing in Act 3 Scene 3?
(c) Eva Temple.
11. Where does Carol say she was the night before in Act 2?
(a) Washington D.C.
(d) New Orleans.
12. How many lives does Lady say was lost in the orchard fire?
13. What did Lady's aunt tell her it felt like to die?
14. Who says, "You've got to have--vision--to see!"?
15. Who enters from upstairs when the Town Men are threatening Val?
(c) Nurse Porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Lady say that Val has worked at the store in Act 3?
2. Where is Lady at the beginning of Act 3 Scene 3?
3. What is playing music to advertise the opening of the confectionery?
4. Where does Lady tell Beulah her people came here from?
5. What does Vee say that Lady and Jabe have never darkened?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)