|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sign say that the Sheriff tells Val about?
(a) "Nigger, don't let the sun go down on you in this county."
(b) "Ku Klux Klan."
(c) "Stop before you die."
(d) "Leave before you die."
2. Where did Lady's aunt come here from?
(b) Monte Cassino.
3. Why does Lady say she must open the confectionery tonight?
(a) To not be defeated.
(b) To end her misery.
(c) To kill Jabe.
(d) To laugh in the face of failure.
4. Where does the Sheriff send Dog and Pee Wee in Act 3?
(b) On the porch.
(d) Into the alcove.
5. What does Carol say that this country used to be?
6. What drug does Lady give to Jabe in Act 2?
7. Who says, "No monkey business here, boy!"?
(a) Sheriff Talbott.
8. What does Carol wear when she enters in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) A black cloak.
(b) A cowboy hat.
(c) A sailor's cap.
(d) A witch's hat.
9. What does Val say is the "make-believe" answer?
10. Who does Lady say is not welcome in the store?
(b) Carol Catrere.
(c) David Catrere.
11. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) One year.
(b) Two months.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few weeks.
12. What does Lady say to Val at the end of Act 2?
(a) She needs him to leave.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She needs him to live.
(d) She loves him.
13. What didn't make sense to Vee before she started painting?
14. What does Val tell Lady he's planning on doing in Act 3 Scene 3?
(a) Killing the Sheriff.
(b) Staying there with her.
(c) Taking the southbound bus out of town.
(d) Killing Jabe.
15. How is the woman who complained about Val described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady say about the dogs barking in Act 2 Scene 3?
2. What does Val do at the end of Act 2 Scene 3?
3. Who does Carol say she's come to deliver a message to in Act 2 Scene 1?
4. Why does Lady say she left the money in the cash box?
5. What does Lady grab when Val goes to change out of his work suit?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)