|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has gone to the depot to meet Lady and Jabe?
(a) Val and Carol.
(b) Pee Wee and Dog.
(c) Sheriff Talbott.
2. What does Lady say that the store can never hold?
3. What does Beulah say Lady's father had?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A piano.
4. Who would Lady slip off with in the wine garden?
(b) David Cutrere.
(d) Sheriff Talbott.
5. Who does Beulah say Lady's heart was broken by?
(a) The Smithson's boy.
(b) The Donalson boy.
(c) The Cutrere boy.
(d) The Richards boy.
6. Who is Sheriff Talbott married to?
7. What is Vee carrying when she enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A dog.
(b) A painting.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A cat.
8. Why does Val say he's here in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His brother lives here.
(b) He came for Carol.
(c) His car broke down.
(d) His aunt lives here.
9. Why is Val in town?
(a) His sister lives here.
(b) His father lives here.
(c) He's looking for Lady.
(d) His car broke down.
10. Where does Carol tell Val she knows him from?
(b) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
11. What does Val say his nickname is?
12. What is the name of the county in which the play is set?
(a) Mad River.
(c) Twin Peaks.
(d) Two River.
13. Where does Beulah say that the ice box is located?
(a) Out back.
(b) The alcove.
(d) The confectionery.
14. Which character enters from upstairs in Act 1 Scene 1?
15. What is the name of the local highway?
(a) Ville Platte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Val carrying when he enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
2. What does Lady say they've always had a problem with in the store?
3. What did the people of the town call Lady's father?
4. Who says, "What on earth can you do on this earth but catch whatever comes near you, with both your hands, until your fingers are broken"?
5. How many places in New Orleans does Carol say she followed Val?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)