|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carol say that Val told her he'd gotten the ring from?
(a) A lady osteopath.
(b) A lady mobster.
(c) A lady bookie.
(d) His wife.
2. Who does Val say killed Jessie Smith?
(a) Jim Crow.
(b) Jim Beam.
(c) Jack Daniels.
(d) Jack Ross.
3. What is the name of the local highway?
(c) Ville Platte.
4. What is Val fixing with a pocket knife when Carol approaches him in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) His watch.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His belt buckle.
(d) His motorcycle.
5. How old does Val say he is?
6. What does Val offer to Lady in Act 1 Scene 2?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His guitar.
(c) His ring.
7. What did Carol wear to protest the death penalty of Willie McGee?
(a) A prison uniform.
(c) A potato sack.
(d) A barrel.
8. What is the pharmacist's name?
(a) Mr. Sorrelton.
(b) Mr. Dubinsky.
(c) Mr. Jackson.
(d) Mr. Bryg.
9. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a night that's not clear?
(a) Elmhurst cabins.
(b) Idlewood cabins.
(c) Wilderwood cabins.
(d) Candlewood cabins.
10. What does Val say that today is in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) His birthday.
(c) His anniversary.
11. Who does Beulah say burned down the wine garden?
(a) The Mystic Crew.
(b) The Everly sisters.
(c) The Wop.
(d) The Sheriff's son.
12. What does Jabe complain about being moved in the store?
(a) The food.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The umbrellas.
(d) The shoes.
13. What does Carol ask Val to take a look at?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her shoes.
14. What did the letters from Val's woman friend say?
(a) "Here's the money you asked for."
(b) "I love you. Don't come back."
(c) "I love you. Where are you?"
(d) "I love you. When will you come back?"
15. What did the people of the town call Lady's father?
(a) The Monkey.
(b) The Charm Man.
(c) The Wop.
(d) The Piano Singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is returning from the hospital in the Prologue?
2. What is peculiar about the birds that Val tells Lady about?
3. What is Carol Cutrere's brother's name?
4. Who is Sheriff Talbott married to?
5. What did Val do whenever paper money was dropped in the kitty?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)