|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on Val's guitar?
2. How many places in New Orleans does Carol say she followed Val?
3. What does Carol tell Val she's not allowed to do?
(b) Stay overnight in the county.
(c) Go to New Orleans.
(d) Pick up strangers.
4. Who says, "What on earth can you do on this earth but catch whatever comes near you, with both your hands, until your fingers are broken"?
5. Who does Carol say that Val told her he'd gotten the ring from?
(a) His wife.
(b) A lady bookie.
(c) A lady mobster.
(d) A lady osteopath.
6. What did the people of the town call Lady's father?
(a) The Charm Man.
(b) The Wop.
(c) The Piano Singer.
(d) The Monkey.
7. What is Lady redecorating the confectionery to look like?
(a) The orchard.
(b) A New Orleans bar.
(c) The prison.
(d) A nightclub.
8. What is Val carrying when he enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A pair of stockings.
9. What does Beulah say that a couple who doesn't love each other develops a passion for?
10. What does Vee say she's been doing for ten hours straight in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) Playing music.
11. Where does Beulah say that the ice box is located?
(b) The confectionery.
(c) Out back.
(d) The alcove.
12. What does Carol remove from her trench coat pocket in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A revolver.
(b) A makeup mirror.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A knife.
13. What does Carol pass to Val after he sings?
(c) A joint.
14. Why is Val in town?
(a) His sister lives here.
(b) His father lives here.
(c) His car broke down.
(d) He's looking for Lady.
15. Who does Dolly speak to in the Prologue?
(b) Mrs. Dubinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolly compare Lady and Jabe's bedrooms to?
2. What did couples do at the wine garden "back in the day"?
3. Where does Carol get money for the pay phone?
4. Why hadn't Val read the character reference before?
5. What did Val do whenever paper money was dropped in the kitty?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)