|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character enters from upstairs in Act 1 Scene 1?
2. What does Val say his body temperature is the same as?
(a) A horse's.
(b) A cat's.
(c) A snake's.
(d) A dog's.
3. Whose family name is the oldest and most distinguished in the county?
4. Where was Lady's father from?
5. Which character wears exaggerated eyeliner and stylized makeup?
6. What does Beulah say that a couple who doesn't love each other develops a passion for?
7. What does Dolly compare Lady and Jabe's bedrooms to?
(a) A jail.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A nursery.
(d) A carnival.
8. Who does Beulah say burned down the wine garden?
(a) The Wop.
(b) The Mystic Crew.
(c) The Everly sisters.
(d) The Sheriff's son.
9. What does Val say that today is in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His anniversary.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(d) His birthday.
10. What does Lady get from the cash drawer when she sees Val in the store in Act 1 Scene 2?
(a) A knife.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A revolver.
11. How much time has passed between Act 1, Scene 1 and Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A week.
(b) A couple of hours.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) A month.
12. Why hadn't Val read the character reference before?
(a) It was in a sealed envelope.
(b) He was never curious.
(c) He knew it was insulting.
(d) It was written in Italian.
13. What does Lady say that the store can never hold?
14. What is gilded on the window of the set?
(a) Torrence Mercantile Store.
(b) Wilcox Funeral Home.
(c) Murray Ruggles Flowers.
(d) Thunderly Merchant Store.
15. What do the Town Women say to Jabe when he arrives?
(a) He should have a drink.
(b) He's late.
(c) He looks terrible.
(d) He looks great.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Val wear?
2. What is Val fixing with a pocket knife when Carol approaches him in Act 1 Scene 1?
3. Who enters the store after the loud savage cry?
4. What does Dolly say about Jabe's appearance after he goes upstairs?
5. Who is returning from the hospital in the Prologue?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)