|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has gone to the depot to meet Lady and Jabe?
(a) Sheriff Talbott.
(c) Pee Wee and Dog.
(d) Val and Carol.
2. What does Jabe complain about being moved in the store?
(a) The flowers.
(b) The food.
(c) The shoes.
(d) The umbrellas.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2, what does Carol plan to do that night?
(a) Go jooking.
(b) Drive to Memphis.
(c) Stay at home.
(d) Buy a car.
4. Who is Dolly's husband?
(a) Pee Wee.
(c) Sheriff Talbott.
5. Where was Lady's father from?
6. Why does Val say he's here in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His car broke down.
(b) His aunt lives here.
(c) His brother lives here.
(d) He came for Carol.
7. Who says, "What on earth can you do on this earth but catch whatever comes near you, with both your hands, until your fingers are broken"?
8. What is Beulah's last name?
9. Where is the play set?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A dry-goods store.
(c) A morgue.
(d) A florist's shop.
10. Who says, "What people say about you don't mean much"?
11. Who would Lady slip off with in the wine garden?
(a) Sheriff Talbott.
(d) David Cutrere.
12. What is peculiar about the birds that Val tells Lady about?
(a) They don't have legs.
(b) They don't have wings.
(c) They don't die.
(d) They don't fly.
13. What is Vee carrying when she enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A dog.
(c) A painting.
(d) A cat.
14. Whose family name is the oldest and most distinguished in the county?
15. What does Val say that today is in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(c) His birthday.
(d) His anniversary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is returning from the hospital in the Prologue?
2. What was "the mistake" Lady's father made that caused the vineyard to be burned?
3. What ring does Carol say that Val was wearing when she met him before?
4. Why hadn't Val read the character reference before?
5. What did Carol wear to protest the death penalty of Willie McGee?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)