|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beulah say Lady's father had?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A piano.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A monkey.
2. What does Val say that today is in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) His birthday.
(c) His anniversary.
3. Where did Jabe have surgery?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
4. Who does Lady call in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The Sheriff.
(d) The drugstore.
5. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a night that's not clear?
(a) Idlewood cabins.
(b) Wilderwood cabins.
(c) Candlewood cabins.
(d) Elmhurst cabins.
6. What ring does Carol say that Val was wearing when she met him before?
(a) A snake ring.
(b) A ring with a dove.
(c) A turtle ring.
(d) A wedding ring.
7. Who does Dolly speak to in the Prologue?
(b) Mrs. Dubinsky.
8. What does Val say his nickname is?
9. How many places in New Orleans does Carol say she followed Val?
10. Who enters the archway between the store and confectionery in the beginning of Act 1 Scene 1?
11. What does Carol ask Uncle Pleasant to do?
(a) Give her a lift to the county.
(b) Take her to town.
(c) Sell her the bone.
(d) Give a Chocktaw cry.
12. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition set in?
(a) Robbed a bank.
(b) Sold tobacco.
(d) Moved to New York.
13. Who does Beulah say Lady's heart was broken by?
(a) The Donalson boy.
(b) The Richards boy.
(c) The Cutrere boy.
(d) The Smithson's boy.
14. What does Lady say they've always had a problem with in the store?
(c) Children stealing.
15. What did couples do at the wine garden "back in the day"?
(a) Made love.
(b) Got married.
(c) Sold candy.
(d) Bought flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carol say it means "if you break the heel off your slipper in the morning"?
2. Whose family name is the oldest and most distinguished in the county?
3. What does Carol ask Val to take a look at?
4. Where does Carol get money for the pay phone?
5. Why is Val in town?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)