|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did couples do at the wine garden "back in the day"?
(a) Sold candy.
(b) Got married.
(c) Made love.
(d) Bought flowers.
2. Where did Jabe have surgery?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) New Orleans.
3. What does Lady say they've always had a problem with in the store?
(d) Children stealing.
4. What is said in Val's character reference?
(a) He's a peculiar talker.
(b) He's an ex-con.
(c) He stole.
(d) He's quiet.
5. What does Carol remove from her trench coat pocket in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A knife.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A makeup mirror.
(d) A revolver.
6. Who does Lady call in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The hospital.
(c) The drugstore.
(d) The Sheriff.
7. What is Val fixing with a pocket knife when Carol approaches him in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) His motorcycle.
(b) His watch.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His belt buckle.
8. Whose family name is the oldest and most distinguished in the county?
9. What does Beulah say that a couple who doesn't love each other develops a passion for?
10. What does Carol ask Val to take a look at?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her dress.
11. Who does Val say killed Jessie Smith?
(a) Jim Crow.
(b) Jim Beam.
(c) Jack Daniels.
(d) Jack Ross.
12. What is gilded on the window of the set?
(a) Torrence Mercantile Store.
(b) Wilcox Funeral Home.
(c) Murray Ruggles Flowers.
(d) Thunderly Merchant Store.
13. Who does Carol say that Val told her he'd gotten the ring from?
(a) A lady osteopath.
(b) His wife.
(c) A lady bookie.
(d) A lady mobster.
14. What does Carol tell the pharmacist to bring over?
(a) Luminal tablets.
(c) Castor Oil.
(d) Derminal tablets.
15. What is the name of the county in which the play is set?
(a) Two River.
(b) Mad River.
(c) Twin Peaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolly say about Jabe's appearance after he goes upstairs?
2. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a clear night?
3. What does Carol pass to Val after he sings?
4. What does Val offer to Lady in Act 1 Scene 2?
5. What ring does Carol say that Val was wearing when she met him before?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)