|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition set in?
(a) Moved to New York.
(c) Sold tobacco.
(d) Robbed a bank.
2. What do the Town Women say to Jabe when he arrives?
(a) He should have a drink.
(b) He looks great.
(c) He's late.
(d) He looks terrible.
3. What does Jabe do to summon Lady upstairs?
4. What does Val wear?
(a) Cowboy boots and a hat.
(b) A snakeskin jacket.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A tuxedo.
5. Who does Carol say that Val told her he'd gotten the ring from?
(a) A lady bookie.
(b) His wife.
(c) A lady osteopath.
(d) A lady mobster.
6. What does Beulah say Lady's father had?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A piano.
7. What is peculiar about the birds that Val tells Lady about?
(a) They don't fly.
(b) They don't die.
(c) They don't have wings.
(d) They don't have legs.
8. What did Carol wear to protest the death penalty of Willie McGee?
(b) A barrel.
(c) A potato sack.
(d) A prison uniform.
9. Who has gone to the depot to meet Lady and Jabe?
(a) Sheriff Talbott.
(b) Pee Wee and Dog.
(d) Val and Carol.
10. What does Jabe complain about being moved in the store?
(a) The flowers.
(b) The food.
(c) The umbrellas.
(d) The shoes.
11. What is gilded on the window of the set?
(a) Thunderly Merchant Store.
(b) Murray Ruggles Flowers.
(c) Wilcox Funeral Home.
(d) Torrence Mercantile Store.
12. What is on the drapery over the entrance to the alcove?
13. What did Val do whenever paper money was dropped in the kitty?
14. Where was Lady's father from?
15. What does Val say his body temperature is the same as?
(a) A dog's.
(b) A cat's.
(c) A snake's.
(d) A horse's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carol remove from her trench coat pocket in Act 1 Scene 1?
2. What does Val say that today is in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who does Beulah say burned down the wine garden?
4. What does Val offer to Lady in Act 1 Scene 2?
5. Which character enters from upstairs in Act 1 Scene 1?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)