|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed between Act 1, Scene 1 and Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A couple of hours.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) A couple of days.
2. What does Dolly say about Jabe's appearance after he goes upstairs?
(a) He's got blue circles around his eyes.
(b) He's green with gout.
(c) He's pale as a ghost.
(d) He's yellow as butter.
3. What does Carol tell Val that she is?
(a) An exhibitionist.
(b) A makeup artist.
(c) A ventriloquist.
(d) A musician.
4. Where did Jabe have surgery?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
5. Who does Lady call in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Sheriff.
(c) The drugstore.
(d) The hospital.
6. What does Carol ask Val to take a look at?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her eyes.
7. What is Lady redecorating the confectionery to look like?
(a) A nightclub.
(b) The prison.
(c) The orchard.
(d) A New Orleans bar.
8. Where is the play set?
(a) A morgue.
(b) A florist's shop.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A dry-goods store.
9. What did Carol wear to protest the death penalty of Willie McGee?
(a) A barrel.
(b) A prison uniform.
(c) A potato sack.
10. What ring does Carol say that Val was wearing when she met him before?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) A turtle ring.
(c) A ring with a dove.
(d) A snake ring.
11. What does Beulah say Lady's father had?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A piano.
(d) A monkey.
12. What does Carol say it means "if you break the heel off your slipper in the morning"?
(a) You'll meet the love of your life before dark.
(b) You'll meet the love of your life that week.
(c) You'll win a million dollars.
(d) You'll die before dark.
13. Who is Dolly's husband?
(a) Pee Wee.
(c) Sheriff Talbott.
14. In Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2, what does Carol plan to do that night?
(a) Go jooking.
(b) Stay at home.
(c) Buy a car.
(d) Drive to Memphis.
15. What is the name of the local highway?
(c) Ville Platte.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dolly speak to in the Prologue?
2. Who has gone to the depot to meet Lady and Jabe?
3. Who does Beulah say burned down the wine garden?
4. What does Beulah say that a couple who doesn't love each other develops a passion for?
5. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a clear night?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)