|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jabe have surgery?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
2. Whose family name is the oldest and most distinguished in the county?
3. What is the name of the local highway?
(b) Ville Platte.
4. What does Carol say it means "if you break the heel off your slipper in the morning"?
(a) You'll win a million dollars.
(b) You'll meet the love of your life before dark.
(c) You'll die before dark.
(d) You'll meet the love of your life that week.
5. How many places in New Orleans does Carol say she followed Val?
6. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a clear night?
(a) To her house.
(b) Cypress Hill.
(c) To the vineyard.
(d) Memorial Drive.
7. Who does Beulah say Lady's heart was broken by?
(a) The Donalson boy.
(b) The Smithson's boy.
(c) The Cutrere boy.
(d) The Richards boy.
8. Who says, "What people say about you don't mean much"?
9. What does Carol tell the pharmacist to bring over?
(a) Castor Oil.
(c) Luminal tablets.
(d) Derminal tablets.
10. Where does Beulah say that the ice box is located?
(b) The alcove.
(c) Out back.
(d) The confectionery.
11. Who is Beulah's husband?
(c) Pee Wee.
12. Why does Val say he's here in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His brother lives here.
(b) He came for Carol.
(c) His aunt lives here.
(d) His car broke down.
13. What did Carol wear to protest the death penalty of Willie McGee?
(b) A barrel.
(c) A prison uniform.
(d) A potato sack.
14. What is Carol Cutrere's brother's name?
(c) Pee Wee.
15. Where did Vee let Val sleep the night before in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) Her car.
(b) The church.
(c) Her couch.
(d) The lockup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolly compare Lady and Jabe's bedrooms to?
2. What is peculiar about the birds that Val tells Lady about?
3. What is Lady redecorating the confectionery to look like?
4. What is Vee carrying when she enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
5. What is the name of the county in which the play is set?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)