|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "What on earth can you do on this earth but catch whatever comes near you, with both your hands, until your fingers are broken"?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2, what does Carol plan to do that night?
(a) Drive to Memphis.
(b) Stay at home.
(c) Buy a car.
(d) Go jooking.
3. What does Beulah say Lady's father had?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A piano.
(d) A monkey.
4. Who enters the archway between the store and confectionery in the beginning of Act 1 Scene 1?
5. Where did Jabe have surgery?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) St. Louis.
6. What is the name of the county in which the play is set?
(a) Mad River.
(c) Twin Peaks.
(d) Two River.
7. Who has gone to the depot to meet Lady and Jabe?
(a) Pee Wee and Dog.
(c) Sheriff Talbott.
(d) Val and Carol.
8. What does Val say he needs to fix his buckle?
(d) A needle.
9. What did the people of the town call Lady's father?
(a) The Piano Singer.
(b) The Monkey.
(c) The Wop.
(d) The Charm Man.
10. Where was Lady's father from?
11. What does Val offer to Lady in Act 1 Scene 2?
(b) His ring.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His jacket.
12. What does Carol say it means "if you break the heel off your slipper in the morning"?
(a) You'll die before dark.
(b) You'll win a million dollars.
(c) You'll meet the love of your life that week.
(d) You'll meet the love of your life before dark.
13. What is written on Val's guitar?
14. What does Val say his nickname is?
15. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition set in?
(b) Sold tobacco.
(c) Robbed a bank.
(d) Moved to New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady reopening?
2. What is Val carrying when he enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
3. Who is Beulah's husband?
4. What is Carol Cutrere's brother's name?
5. What is Vee carrying when she enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)