|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why hadn't Val read the character reference before?
(a) It was written in Italian.
(b) He was never curious.
(c) It was in a sealed envelope.
(d) He knew it was insulting.
2. What does Carol tell Val she's not allowed to do?
(b) Stay overnight in the county.
(c) Go to New Orleans.
(d) Pick up strangers.
3. Where does Carol get money for the pay phone?
(a) The safe.
(b) The window.
(c) The cash box.
(d) Her purse.
4. Who enters the archway between the store and confectionery in the beginning of Act 1 Scene 1?
5. What does Carol tell the pharmacist to bring over?
(a) Castor Oil.
(c) Derminal tablets.
(d) Luminal tablets.
6. What was "the mistake" Lady's father made that caused the vineyard to be burned?
(a) He burned down the church.
(b) He sold liquor to blacks.
(c) He gambled.
(d) He bought the saw mill.
7. What does Jabe do to summon Lady upstairs?
8. What city does Carol make a phone call to in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) Little Rock.
(b) New Orleans.
(c) St. Louis.
9. What did the letters from Val's woman friend say?
(a) "I love you. Where are you?"
(b) "Here's the money you asked for."
(c) "I love you. When will you come back?"
(d) "I love you. Don't come back."
10. What does Carol tell Val that she is?
(a) An exhibitionist.
(b) A musician.
(c) A makeup artist.
(d) A ventriloquist.
11. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a clear night?
(a) Cypress Hill.
(b) To her house.
(c) To the vineyard.
(d) Memorial Drive.
12. Who does Carol say that Val told her he'd gotten the ring from?
(a) His wife.
(b) A lady bookie.
(c) A lady osteopath.
(d) A lady mobster.
13. Why does Val say he's here in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He came for Carol.
(b) His aunt lives here.
(c) His car broke down.
(d) His brother lives here.
14. What does Val say he needs to fix his buckle?
(a) A needle.
15. What does Dolly say about Jabe's appearance after he goes upstairs?
(a) He's green with gout.
(b) He's got blue circles around his eyes.
(c) He's yellow as butter.
(d) He's pale as a ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the store after the loud savage cry?
2. Why is Val in town?
3. Who is Dolly's husband?
4. What song does Val play in Act 1 Scene 1?
5. What does Lady say they've always had a problem with in the store?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)