|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the pharmacist's name?
(a) Mr. Jackson.
(b) Mr. Sorrelton.
(c) Mr. Bryg.
(d) Mr. Dubinsky.
2. Where did Jabe have surgery?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
3. What is written on Val's guitar?
4. What's the one word Carol says the ghosts at Cypress Hill say?
5. Who does Carol say that Val told her he'd gotten the ring from?
(a) His wife.
(b) A lady bookie.
(c) A lady osteopath.
(d) A lady mobster.
6. Who does Val say killed Jessie Smith?
(a) Jim Beam.
(b) Jack Daniels.
(c) Jim Crow.
(d) Jack Ross.
7. Where does Beulah say that the ice box is located?
(a) The alcove.
(b) Out back.
(c) The confectionery.
8. Who is Sheriff Talbott married to?
9. What city does Carol make a phone call to in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) St. Louis.
(d) Little Rock.
10. Which character enters from upstairs in Act 1 Scene 1?
11. What is Beulah's last name?
12. What does Val say his nickname is?
13. What does Lady say they've always had a problem with in the store?
(b) Children stealing.
14. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a night that's not clear?
(a) Idlewood cabins.
(b) Elmhurst cabins.
(c) Wilderwood cabins.
(d) Candlewood cabins.
15. In Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2, what does Carol plan to do that night?
(a) Buy a car.
(b) Go jooking.
(c) Stay at home.
(d) Drive to Memphis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carol pass to Val after he sings?
2. How much time has passed between Act 1, Scene 1 and Act 1, Scene 2?
3. When did Carol meet Val before?
4. Who has gone to the depot to meet Lady and Jabe?
5. What was "the mistake" Lady's father made that caused the vineyard to be burned?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)