|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Val do whenever paper money was dropped in the kitty?
2. Who does Beulah say burned down the wine garden?
(a) The Wop.
(b) The Everly sisters.
(c) The Sheriff's son.
(d) The Mystic Crew.
3. What does Jabe do to summon Lady upstairs?
4. What did Lady's father do after Prohibition set in?
(b) Sold tobacco.
(c) Robbed a bank.
(d) Moved to New York.
5. What song does Val play in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) "Morning Glory."
(b) "Memphis Blues."
(c) "Take Me Dancing."
(d) "Heavenly Grass."
6. What does Dolly compare Lady and Jabe's bedrooms to?
(a) A carnival.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A nursery.
(d) A jail.
7. What does Carol ask Uncle Pleasant to do?
(a) Sell her the bone.
(b) Give a Chocktaw cry.
(c) Take her to town.
(d) Give her a lift to the county.
8. What does Val offer to Lady in Act 1 Scene 2?
(a) His ring.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His jacket.
9. Who's appearance makes Eva and Sister scream?
(c) The Conjure Man.
10. What does Carol pass to Val after he sings?
(c) A joint.
11. What is Beulah's last name?
12. What is Lady redecorating the confectionery to look like?
(a) A nightclub.
(b) A New Orleans bar.
(c) The prison.
(d) The orchard.
13. Who does Val say killed Jessie Smith?
(a) Jack Daniels.
(b) Jack Ross.
(c) Jim Crow.
(d) Jim Beam.
14. What did Carol wear to protest the death penalty of Willie McGee?
(b) A barrel.
(c) A potato sack.
(d) A prison uniform.
15. What does Lady get from the cash drawer when she sees Val in the store in Act 1 Scene 2?
(b) A revolver.
(c) A knife.
(d) A shotgun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vee carrying when she enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
2. Where did Jabe have surgery?
3. Who is Beulah's husband?
4. Who would Lady slip off with in the wine garden?
5. Who enters the store after the loud savage cry?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)