|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady redecorating the confectionery to look like?
(a) A nightclub.
(b) The prison.
(c) A New Orleans bar.
(d) The orchard.
2. Which character wears exaggerated eyeliner and stylized makeup?
3. What did couples do at the wine garden "back in the day"?
(a) Sold candy.
(b) Made love.
(c) Bought flowers.
(d) Got married.
4. Who enters the store after the loud savage cry?
5. What ring does Carol say that Val was wearing when she met him before?
(a) A turtle ring.
(b) A ring with a dove.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) A snake ring.
6. What does Val say he needs to fix his buckle?
(a) A needle.
7. What does Val say his nickname is?
8. What is Val fixing with a pocket knife when Carol approaches him in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) His motorcycle.
(b) His watch.
(c) His belt buckle.
(d) His glasses.
9. How many places in New Orleans does Carol say she followed Val?
10. What does Carol ask Val to take a look at?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her car.
11. What does Beulah say that a couple who doesn't love each other develops a passion for?
12. What does Carol tell Val that she is?
(a) A makeup artist.
(b) A musician.
(c) An exhibitionist.
(d) A ventriloquist.
13. What does Dolly compare Lady and Jabe's bedrooms to?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A nursery.
(c) A jail.
(d) A carnival.
14. What does Carol remove from her trench coat pocket in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A makeup mirror.
(b) A knife.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A revolver.
15. Who is returning from the hospital in the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hadn't Val read the character reference before?
2. Whose family name is the oldest and most distinguished in the county?
3. Why is Val in town?
4. What city does Carol make a phone call to in Act 1 Scene 1?
5. Who does Beulah say Lady's heart was broken by?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)