|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vee say she's been doing for ten hours straight in Act 1 Scene 1?
(b) Playing music.
2. What is Carol Cutrere's brother's name?
(c) Pee Wee.
3. What does Lady say they've always had a problem with in the store?
(d) Children stealing.
4. What is gilded on the window of the set?
(a) Thunderly Merchant Store.
(b) Torrence Mercantile Store.
(c) Murray Ruggles Flowers.
(d) Wilcox Funeral Home.
5. Who does Beulah say Lady's heart was broken by?
(a) The Donalson boy.
(b) The Smithson's boy.
(c) The Cutrere boy.
(d) The Richards boy.
6. What did the people of the town call Lady's father?
(a) The Wop.
(b) The Charm Man.
(c) The Monkey.
(d) The Piano Singer.
7. What ring does Carol say that Val was wearing when she met him before?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) A turtle ring.
(c) A ring with a dove.
(d) A snake ring.
8. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a clear night?
(a) Cypress Hill.
(b) To her house.
(c) Memorial Drive.
(d) To the vineyard.
9. What city does Carol make a phone call to in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) Little Rock.
(b) St. Louis.
(d) New Orleans.
10. How old does Carol say she is?
11. Who does Val say killed Jessie Smith?
(a) Jack Daniels.
(b) Jim Beam.
(c) Jack Ross.
(d) Jim Crow.
12. Who enters the archway between the store and confectionery in the beginning of Act 1 Scene 1?
13. What does Dolly compare Lady and Jabe's bedrooms to?
(a) A nursery.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A jail.
(d) A carnival.
14. What does Carol remove from her trench coat pocket in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A makeup mirror.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A knife.
15. Why does Val say he's here in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His car broke down.
(b) He came for Carol.
(c) His aunt lives here.
(d) His brother lives here.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character enters from upstairs in Act 1 Scene 1?
2. Who is Sheriff Talbott married to?
3. Whose family name is the oldest and most distinguished in the county?
4. What is peculiar about the birds that Val tells Lady about?
5. What does Carol ask Uncle Pleasant to do?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)