|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "What on earth can you do on this earth but catch whatever comes near you, with both your hands, until your fingers are broken"?
2. Which character wears exaggerated eyeliner and stylized makeup?
3. Where does Carol say you go after jooking on a night that's not clear?
(a) Idlewood cabins.
(b) Candlewood cabins.
(c) Wilderwood cabins.
(d) Elmhurst cabins.
4. What does Dolly compare Lady and Jabe's bedrooms to?
(a) A nursery.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A carnival.
(d) A jail.
5. What is the name of the local highway?
(a) Ville Platte.
6. What does Beulah say that a couple who doesn't love each other develops a passion for?
7. Who does Lady call in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The drugstore.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The Sheriff.
8. Who says, "What people say about you don't mean much"?
9. Who is Sheriff Talbott married to?
10. What did the people of the town call Lady's father?
(a) The Charm Man.
(b) The Wop.
(c) The Monkey.
(d) The Piano Singer.
11. What does Dolly say about Jabe's appearance after he goes upstairs?
(a) He's yellow as butter.
(b) He's green with gout.
(c) He's pale as a ghost.
(d) He's got blue circles around his eyes.
12. What does Jabe complain about being moved in the store?
(a) The umbrellas.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The food.
(d) The shoes.
13. Where was Lady's father from?
14. What is Val carrying when he enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A pair of stockings.
15. What does Carol tell Val she's not allowed to do?
(b) Pick up strangers.
(c) Go to New Orleans.
(d) Stay overnight in the county.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is returning from the hospital in the Prologue?
2. When did Carol meet Val before?
3. What does Lady get from the cash drawer when she sees Val in the store in Act 1 Scene 2?
4. What does Vee say she's been doing for ten hours straight in Act 1 Scene 1?
5. What is Vee carrying when she enters in Act 1 Scene 1?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)