Short Answer Questions Key
1. Where is the play set?
A dry-goods store.
2. What is gilded on the window of the set?
Torrence Mercantile Store.
3. What is on the drapery over the entrance to the alcove?
4. Who does Dolly speak to in the Prologue?
5. Who is returning from the hospital in the Prologue?
6. What does Dolly compare Lady and Jabe's bedrooms to?
7. Who does Beulah say Lady's heart was broken by?
The Cutrere boy.
8. What is the name of the county in which the play is set?
9. Who is Dolly's husband?
10. Who is Beulah's husband?
This section contains 3,398 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)