|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mentioned that sends Orlando into a deep depression after awakening from his first deep sleep?
2. What can Orlando remember clearly after going through a change when waking up in Turkey?
3. Which of the following women does Orlando find NOT to be marriage material in the royal court?
4. What does the author say is Orlando's only problem about his physical appearance?
5. What is the name of the woman who records the events of Orlando's banquet from inside his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is John Briggs's recording of Orlando's banquet for becoming a duke described?
2. How is Orlando accepted by the public in Constantinople?
3. Describe the actions of the three women who begin dancing around Orlando as he sleeps in Turkey.
4. Why does Orlando lose interest in Favilla?
5. How does Orlando adapt to the Turkish lifestyle after moving to Constantinople?
6. How is Orlando's conversation with Nicolas Greene described when the poet first comes to visit Orlando at his estate?
7. What does Orlando witness Sasha doing when he goes looking for her aboard her ship after she is gone over an hour?
8. What happens when Orlando arrives at the inn to meet Sasha so they can run away together?
9. How is Orlando's work ethic as ambassador in Constantinople described?
10. What reason does Orlando have for leaving Clorinda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of cross-dressing in the book. What might the author be saying about the ambiguity of gender based on the prevalence of cross-dressers shown in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of satire presented in the book. What appears to be the author's feelings toward satirical writing based on her portrayal of satire in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of escape present in the book. What reasons does Orlando have for continually seeking escape from others in the book, and what is telling of his character based on this reaction?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)