|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orlando begin thinking about after returning to the ship after going ashore with the captain in Chapter 4?
2. Whom does Orlando find a letter from inviting her into their company in Chapter 4?
(a) Society women.
(b) The queen.
(c) The king.
(d) A duke.
3. Where does Orlando take a carriage to after finishing "The Oak Tree"?
(d) New York.
4. What does Orlando NOT feel toward Nick Greene but is still happy by his enthusiasm for her work?
5. What does Orlando remember there is after finishing "The Oak Tree"?
(a) Her pets.
(d) Human life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the clock strike at the end of the book?
2. In what way does Orlando realize she is able to write after she is married?
3. What takes control of Orlando's hand when she is trying to write her poem?
4. What kind of establishments does Orlando visit in London when she begins dressing oddly?
5. What increases Orlando and Shemverdine's love for one another after they begin courting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Orlando and Shelmerdine reveal to one another when they each suggest there is something different about the other after they begin courting?
2. How are Nicolas Greene's accomplishments described in Chapter 6?
3. What effect does Orlando realize becoming married has had on her writing?
4. What does Orlando do after she finishes her poem "The Oak Tree"?
5. How does Nicolas Greene react after reading Orlando's poem in Chapter 6?
6. What happens when Orlando accidentally shows a bit of ankle on deck of the merchant ship to England?
7. Why does Orlando choose Mr. Pope to be her suitor?
8. How does the captain of the ship Orlando boards for England in Chapter 4 treat her when she comes onboard?
9. How does Orlando react after she realizes everyone around her is wearing a wedding ring in Chapter 5?
10. What good news does Orlando receive near the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)