|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prostitute Orlando picks up while dressed up in London?
2. What does Shelmerdine entertain Orlando with?
(a) Magic tricks.
(b) Sailor dances.
(c) Jokes about sailors.
(d) Stories of his travels.
3. What does Orlando claim being with Shelmerdine has made her feel like more than ever?
(a) A slave.
(b) A woman.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A man.
4. What do Shelmerdine and Orlando decide they want to do just after meeting for the first time?
(a) Get married.
(b) Be enemies.
(c) Be friends.
(d) Make love.
5. What increases Orlando and Shemverdine's love for one another after they begin courting?
(a) Their money.
(b) The realization of their gender change.
(c) Their friendship.
(d) Their property.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the captain of the ship invite Orlando to come ashore with him while she is onboard for England?
2. How does Nick Greene feel about Orlando's poem "The Oak Tree" when he reads it in the 19th century?
3. What is Shelmerdine's profession?
4. What does the thing that controls Orlando's hand do when she is trying to write her poem?
5. What year does the author say it is after King Edward takes the throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lessons does Orlando learn about writing from the poets she meets through Mr. Pope?
2. What is the nature of the note Orlando finds at Blackfriars when she first returns there as a woman?
3. How do Orlando's servants at her country estate treat her when she arrives there for the first time as a woman?
4. What happens when Orlando accidentally shows a bit of ankle on deck of the merchant ship to England?
5. How is Orlando's meeting with a prostitute named Nell described?
6. How is Orlando's attempt at working on her poem described at the beginning of Chapter 6?
7. What do Orlando and Shelmerdine reveal to one another when they each suggest there is something different about the other after they begin courting?
8. How is Nicolas Greene described when Orlando runs into him in Chapter 6?
9. What does Orlando do when she begins dressing up like a man regularly?
10. How does the captain of the ship Orlando boards for England in Chapter 4 treat her when she comes onboard?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)