|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the thing that controls Orlando's hand do when she is trying to write her poem?
(a) It prevents her from writing.
(b) It makes her write well.
(c) It makes her write badly.
(d) It makes her fall asleep.
2. What does Orlando realize that she has struggled to fit in with all her life?
(a) Her family.
(b) Other women.
3. How does Shelmerdine's attempts at entertaining Orlando cause her to feel toward his company?
(a) She is annoyed with him.
(b) She adores it.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is bored with him.
4. What is the name of the man Orlando meets at a party who says several witty lines in a row?
(a) John Briggs.
(b) Nick Greene.
(c) Mr. Dupper.
(d) Mr. Pope.
5. Whom does Orlando find a letter from inviting her into their company in Chapter 4?
(a) Society women.
(b) The king.
(c) A duke.
(d) The queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the archduchess reveal to Orlando that she is in Chapter 4?
2. What does Nick Greene tell Orlando that poets in the 19th century only work for?
3. What does the captain of the ship give to Orlando that makes her become emotional?
4. What does Orlando claim being with Shelmerdine has made her feel like more than ever?
5. Who marries Orlando and Shelmerdine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Orlando think she must get married despite not wanting to after becoming a woman?
2. What happens when Orlando accidentally shows a bit of ankle on deck of the merchant ship to England?
3. Why can't Orlando rejoin high society after gaining her possessions back as a woman?
4. What lessons does Orlando learn about writing from the poets she meets through Mr. Pope?
5. How do Orlando's servants at her country estate treat her when she arrives there for the first time as a woman?
6. How is the force that takes over Orlando's hand while she is writing described at the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. How is Orlando's attempt at working on her poem described at the beginning of Chapter 6?
8. How is Orlando's walk in the park described in Chapter 5?
9. How does Shelmerdine entertain Orlando when they first begin courting?
10. How is Orlando's life described once King Edward takes the throne?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)