|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who marries Orlando and Shelmerdine?
(a) The king.
(b) Nick Greene.
(c) Orlando's servant.
(d) The queen.
2. What does Mr. Pope's comments at a party where Orlando meets him do to most people?
(a) Make them angry.
(b) Make them laugh.
(c) Offend them.
(d) Annoy them.
3. Who does Orlando begin thinking about after returning to the ship after going ashore with the captain in Chapter 4?
4. What does Orlando find out about time when she begins writing after being married?
(a) It isn't mentioned.
(b) It flies by.
(c) It goes by slowly.
(d) It becomes obsolete.
5. What does Orlando realize the great poets she meets through Mr. Pope are despite their talent?
6. What does Orlando begin searching for on the streets of London when she begins dressing oddly?
7. What state is Orlando sent into after realizing everyone around her is married?
(a) A state of indifference.
(b) A state of anger.
(c) A state of happiness.
(d) A state of shock.
8. What does Orlando say is the real difference between the great poets and the rest of the world in regards to their ability to express their feelings?
(a) Poets express their feelings through talking.
(b) Poets express their feelings through writing.
(c) Poets express their feelings through ignoring others.
(d) Poets express their feelings through speeches.
9. Whose ring is Orlando wearing in Chapter 5?
(a) King Charles'.
(c) Queen Elizabeth's.
(d) Nick Greene's.
10. How does Orlando describe Nick Greene in comparison to his looks in the 17th century in Chapter 6?
(b) More gray.
(d) The same.
11. What does Orlando buy just before setting sail to England for the first time as a woman?
(a) Hair pins.
(c) A dog.
(d) Women's clothes.
12. What does Shelmerdine ask Orlando if she used to be after they begin courting?
(a) A man.
(c) A child.
(d) In love with him.
13. What does Orlando see floating in the water during her walk through the park that reminds her of Shelmerdine?
(a) A bear.
(b) A small boat.
(c) A hat.
(d) A dog.
14. What does Orlando accidentally display of herself that causes a sailor onboard a ship to fall overboard?
(a) Her thigh.
(b) Her wrist.
(c) Her stomach.
(d) Her ankle.
15. What does Orlando remember there is after finishing "The Oak Tree"?
(b) Her pets.
(d) Human life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orlando claim being with Shelmerdine has made her feel like more than ever?
2. Where does Orlando go after the archduke leaves her?
3. What is the name of the royal that annuls Orlando's lawsuits?
4. Who does Orlando have a chance run-in with in Chapter 6?
5. What does Orlando realize she is love with when she goes for a walk after realizing she must get married?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)