|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the archduchess reveal to Orlando that she is in Chapter 4?
(a) A man.
(b) A duke.
(c) A royal.
(d) A king.
2. What is Shelmerdine's first name?
3. What increases Orlando and Shemverdine's love for one another after they begin courting?
(a) Their friendship.
(b) Their property.
(c) Their money.
(d) The realization of their gender change.
4. What does Orlando realize she is love with when she goes for a walk after realizing she must get married?
(a) All men.
5. What does Nick Greene promise to Orlando that he will use his good reputation to get for her poem?
(a) Good reviews.
(b) Bad reviews.
6. What century does Orlando realize it has become at the end of Chapter 4?
7. What changes that signals to Shelmerdine that it is time to go back to sea?
(a) The season.
(b) The date.
(c) The wind.
(d) The color of the sky.
8. Whom does Orlando find a letter from inviting her into their company in Chapter 4?
(a) The king.
(b) The queen.
(c) Society women.
(d) A duke.
9. What does Orlando realize that her written words were able to express only before she was married?
(a) Her struggles.
(b) Her anger.
(c) Her happiness.
(d) Her boredom.
10. How does Shelmerdine's attempts at entertaining Orlando cause her to feel toward his company?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She adores it.
(c) She is annoyed with him.
(d) She is bored with him.
11. What is the name of the servant at Orlando's estate who claims she thought he would change into a woman all along?
(d) Mrs. Grimditsch.
12. What title has Nick Greene earned in the 19th century?
13. What is Shelmerdine's profession?
(a) A cook.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A writer.
(d) A seaman.
14. How does Orlando begin dressing in Chapter 4?
(a) As a prostitute.
(b) As a man.
(c) As a servant.
(d) As a child.
15. Who does Orlando notice walking around the grounds of her country estate in Chapter 4?
(a) The archduchess.
(d) Lady O'Brien.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Orlando unable to rejoin because she spent so much money going through court?
2. Who takes a liking to Orlando when she boards a ship to England?
3. What does Orlando find out about time when she begins writing after being married?
4. What does Orlando begin thinking about on her way home near the end of the book?
5. Whom does Orlando begin thinking about while out shopping for a new house?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)