|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What century does Orlando realize it has become at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Whom does Orlando begin thinking about while out shopping for a new house?
3. What does Orlando realize that she has struggled to fit in with all her life?
(b) Her family.
(c) Other women.
4. How does Orlando describe Nick Greene in comparison to his looks in the 17th century in Chapter 6?
(a) The same.
(c) More gray.
5. What gift does the archduke give Orlando after saving her from a group of tormenting commoners?
(a) A ring.
(b) A cane.
(c) A diamond studded frog.
(d) A necklace.
6. In what way does Orlando realize she is able to write after she is married?
(a) She can write more vividly.
(b) She can write how and what she likes.
(c) She can write more carefully.
(d) Her writing time is limited.
7. Where does Orlando go after running into Nick Greene in Chapter 6?
(a) Her estate.
(b) A bar.
(c) A coffee house.
(d) A bookstore.
8. Where does Orlando take a carriage to after finishing "The Oak Tree"?
(c) New York.
9. Whom does Orlando find a letter from inviting her into their company in Chapter 4?
(a) Society women.
(b) A duke.
(c) The queen.
(d) The king.
10. What is the name of the servant at Orlando's estate who claims she thought he would change into a woman all along?
(d) Mrs. Grimditsch.
11. Where does Orlando collapse after she goes for a walk after realizing she needs to get married?
(a) On a bench.
(b) Atop a mountain.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) Along a river.
12. What does Orlando begin searching for on the streets of London when she begins dressing oddly?
13. What does Orlando see of her gardener near the end of the book that frightens her?
(a) His missing eye.
(b) His missing thumbnail.
(c) His missing leg.
(d) His missing arm.
14. What does Orlando find the archduke to be after spending more time with him?
15. What is the name of the man Orlando meets at a party who says several witty lines in a row?
(a) John Briggs.
(b) Mr. Dupper.
(c) Mr. Pope.
(d) Nick Greene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the captain of the ship invite Orlando to come ashore with him while she is onboard for England?
2. What is Shelmerdine on when Orlando first meets him?
3. What is the name of the poem Orlando has been working on for years?
4. Who does Orlando run out to meet at the end of the book?
5. What does Orlando realize she is love with when she goes for a walk after realizing she must get married?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)