|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Orlando finds that he has married after his banquet?
(a) Favilla Greene.
(b) Clorinda Briggs.
(c) Margaret O'Brien.
(d) Rosina Pepita.
2. What does Orlando feel for the first time after waking from his deep sleep?
3. What is the official title of Orlando's position assigned to him in another country?
(a) Ambassador Lord.
(b) Ambassador Extraordinary.
(c) Ambassador of Foreign Relations.
(d) Duke Ambassador.
4. What does Orlando discover about himself when he wakes up in Turkey?
(a) He is another person.
(b) He is a young child.
(c) He is a woman.
(d) He is dead.
5. Who do the Turks rise against during Orlando's seventh day of slumber in Turkey?
(a) The king.
(b) The women.
(c) The English.
(d) The sultan.
6. What does the author say is Orlando's only problem about his physical appearance?
(a) He is ugly.
(b) He is fat.
(c) He is clumsy.
(d) He is short.
7. What is the archduchess' name?
(a) Favilla Grimditsch.
(b) Margaret O'Brien.
(c) Harriet Griselda.
(d) Rosina Pepita.
8. What does Orlando promise to pay for the famous poet if he agrees to read his work?
(a) His rent.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His food.
(d) His pension.
9. What does Orlando become with everyone in Constantinople after he moves there?
(a) A mystery.
(b) A pawn.
10. What reward does the king give to Orlando while he is living in Turkey?
(a) The title of lord.
(b) The title of ambassador.
(c) The title of duke.
(d) The title of sir.
11. What does Orlando see a gypsy sitting on underneath her window?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A pig.
12. How many pages of poetry does Orlando write while in his garden in Chapter 1?
13. What does Orlando realize is dropping on his cheek while in hiding waiting for his Russian lover at an Inn?
14. What surprising reaction does Orlando have to the change he goes through after waking up in Turkey?
(a) Much shock.
(c) Little shock.
15. What is the name of Orlando's suitor whom he left for the Russian girl?
(a) Rosina Pepita.
(b) Archduchess Henrietta.
(c) Ms. Grimditsch.
(d) Margaret O'Brien.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman the Earl catches Orlando lying with just after his relationship with Queen Elizabeth turns sour?
2. What routine does Orlando develop at the place where he is sent after his affair with Sasha?
3. Who claims she saw Orlando lifting a peasant woman into his room the night after his banquet?
4. What is Orlando doing to a Moor at the beginning of the book?
5. Where does the gypsy take Orlando after she agrees to leave with him?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)