|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet who visits Orlando at his estate do to show his displeasure for Orlando's heroes?
(a) Holds his tongue.
(b) Rolls his eyes.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Yells at him.
2. What does Orlando see a gypsy sitting on underneath her window?
(a) A dog.
(b) A pig.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A donkey.
3. What happens that let the women dancing around a sleeping Orlando know that the truth has come?
(a) An explosion occurs.
(b) A trumpet blows.
(c) A bell rings.
(d) A light shines.
4. Where does the gypsy take Orlando after she agrees to leave with him?
(a) The forest.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The river.
5. Who does Orlando name as his heroes to the famous poet who visits his estate?
(a) Shakespeare Johnson.
(b) Marlowe and Wren.
(c) Shakespeare and Marlowe.
(d) King James and Queen Anne.
6. Where does Orlando first spot the archduchess at his estate?
(a) In the pool.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the garden.
7. What does Orlando become when he begins talking about death to his Russian lover?
8. What does Orlando replace men with after being hurt by Nicolas Greene?
9. What time does Orlando plan to meet his Russian lover at an Inn to run away with her?
(b) 11 p.m.
(d) 2 a.m.
10. Where does Orlando call on a friend who he hopes will help him find literary connections?
11. When Orlando finish his first self-enforced seclusion, how does seem compared to earlier?
(b) More inspired.
(d) The same.
12. What does Orlando do the first time he sees the archduchess?
(a) He speaks with her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He mocks her.
(d) He laughs at her.
13. What reward does the king give to Orlando while he is living in Turkey?
(a) The title of lord.
(b) The title of sir.
(c) The title of duke.
(d) The title of ambassador.
14. What kind of phrase does Orlando whisper in his Russian lover's ear to signal their meeting at an Inn?
(b) Spanish phrase.
(c) French phrase.
(d) Love poem.
15. What does the author say is Orlando's only problem about his physical appearance?
(a) He is ugly.
(b) He is clumsy.
(c) He is short.
(d) He is fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Orlando's suitor whom he left for the Russian girl?
2. What is the name of the sweet religious girl Orlando begins seeing who does not like the sight of blood?
3. What does Orlando take to leave Turkey?
4. When does the author reveal that Orlando took up the hobby of reading?
5. What is the archduchess' name?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)