|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Langdon come to know Kirsch?
(a) Langdon is Kirsch's uncle.
(b) Langdon was Kirsch's professor.
(c) Kirsch was Langdon's professor.
(d) Langdon is Kirsch's brother-in-law.
2. Where is the Guggenheim Museum located that hosted Kirsch's event in Chapter 1?
(a) Seville, Spain.
(b) Barcelona, Spain.
(c) Madrid, Spain.
(d) Bilbao, Spain.
3. Who paid the captain of the boat in Chapter 39?
4. What does the word "bibliophile" from Chapter 1 mean?
(a) A person who loves books.
(b) A person who loves nature.
(c) A person who loves numbers.
(d) A person who loves religion.
5. How are Avila's rosary beads described in Chapter 7?
(a) Made of opal.
(b) Made of bamboo.
(c) Unusually heavy.
(d) Unusually light.
6. Where did Winston instruct Langdon and Ambra to go that caused Langdon to argue with him in Chapter 39?
(a) Across a rickety bridge.
(b) Into an airplane hangar.
(c) Across a hayfield.
(d) Into a train tunnel.
7. What Muslim scholar questioned the logic of Plato and Aristotle and declared mathematics to be the philosophy of the devil in the end of the 11th century?
(a) Hamid al-Ghazali.
(b) Muhammad Fuad Abdul Baqi.
(c) Abdullah ibn Mubarak.
(d) Aban ibn Uthman.
8. How did Winston help Langdon and Ambra escape the dome in Chapter 27?
(a) He shut off the lights.
(b) He rang the alarms.
(c) He set off the sprinklers.
(d) He locked all the doors.
9. What modern artist who specialized in simple rectangles of color is mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) Pablo Picasso.
(b) Jackson Pollack.
(c) Mark Rothko.
(d) Andy Warhol.
10. What serves as the inciting incident which sets off the rising action of the novel?
(a) The murder of Kirsch.
(b) The introduction of Winston.
(c) The murder of Langdon.
(d) The arrest of Ambra.
11. What artist created "The Matter of Time," according to Winston in Chapter 8?
12. What did Kirsch tell Ambra his computer password was in Chapter 27?
(a) The name of his pet and the street he lives on.
(b) His favorite line of poetry.
(c) His mother's social security number.
(d) His favorite football player's name.
13. Where did Koves decide to go in the beginning of Chapter 40?
(a) The cathedral.
(b) His brother's house.
(c) The synagogue.
(d) The public square.
14. To what deity did the Greeks attribute the ocean's tides?
15. Where is the largest synagogue in Europe located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what bridge did Winston instruct Langdon and Ambra to wait in Chapter 28?
2. In Chapter 8, Langdon asked Winston what the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at on what date?
3. Where did Ambra attend a fundraiser in Madrid four months ago, according to the narrator in Chapter 44?
4. Who was the public relations coordinator for the palace that confronted Garza in Chapter 33?
5. Across what river does the Szechenyi Bridge stretch?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)