|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jean dream she is when she falls asleep?
(a) In the city of Lost Chances.
(b) In a bookshop.
(c) With everyone who can't make the ultimate decision.
(d) All of the above.
2. What does Jean call treating the past with objective respect?
(a) Absolutely necessary.
(b) A sham.
(c) An idiot's pursuit.
(d) The only path to self awareness.
3. After her visitor, what does Jean announce she is ready to do?
(a) Move out.
(b) Get married.
(c) Never see Melanie again.
4. What does the sorcerer do to the boy Winnet befriends?
(a) Blames him for spoiling Winnet and casts him out.
(b) Makes him a stronger sorcerer than Winnet.
(c) Challenges him to a duel.
(d) Ridicules him in front of Winnet.
5. What instructions does the pastor give Jean after she refuses to repent?
(a) To leave the community.
(b) To recognize the devil.
(c) To ask God for guidance.
(d) To go home and wait for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jean's mother and the pastor argue about?
2. What does Jean find out one day driving the ice cream truck?
3. What does Jean say of the collector of curios?
4. Where does Jean go right after repenting and being released from her lockdown?
5. What does Jean say people do with the past when it gets too difficult?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Katy and Jean's relationship discovered by the members of the church?
2. Who is a friend to Jean after she is exposed for loving women for the second time? What does she do to help?
3. How and when are Melanie and Jean ousted to the church? What happens?
4. What do the pastor and her mother pinpoint as the culprit for Jean's sexuality?
5. How does Winnet end up living with the sorcerer and believing she is his daughter?
6. What is the nature of stories and history and how does she describe them?
7. What happens when Jean finally returns home after being accused by the pastor in church?
8. What makes Jean's mother aware of what is happening between Jean and Melanie?
9. What do the pastor and Jean's mother propose after discovering Jean's continued interest in women, and what is Jean's response?
10. What does Jean tell the pastor and elders of her church when they return after locking her up? Is she sincere?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)