|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean say of the collector of curios?
(a) He surrounds himself with dead things.
(b) He lives in a derelict railway station with a video of trains.
(c) He is the original living dead.
(d) All of the above.
2. What does Jean say about the curious?
(a) They are the engine of the world.
(b) They look outward to not look in.
(c) They are blind.
(d) They are always in some danger.
3. Which of the following best describes the attitude of Jean's mother when Jean comes back for a visit?
(a) Happy to see her.
(b) Superior and distant.
(c) Irate and vindictive.
(d) So casual Jean wonders if she realized she had been gone.
4. When the pastor and Jean's mother try to set up another exorcism, what does Jean say?
(a) She does not have a demon.
(b) She doubts it will work.
(c) She is leaving the church.
(d) They are the ones with the problem.
5. What is the first thing that happens in the chapter titled Judges?
(a) Jean's mother tells her to move out.
(b) Jean announces her sexuality to the congregation.
(c) Jean packs for missionary school.
(d) Jean confesses her sexuality to the pastor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows Jean to spend many nights with Melanie?
2. What does Jean say about things that are dead?
3. Where does Jean go right after repenting and being released from her lockdown?
4. Which of the following is a belief held by Jean's mother?
5. How much warning do Jean and Melanie have of what will happen at church when they are separated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is a friend to Jean after she is exposed for loving women for the second time? What does she do to help?
2. How does Winnet end up living with the sorcerer and believing she is his daughter?
3. What do the pastor and Jean's mother propose after discovering Jean's continued interest in women, and what is Jean's response?
4. Who is Katy? What is her relationship to Jean?
5. How was Katy and Jean's relationship discovered by the members of the church?
6. Describe what happened when Jean's biological mother returned to claim her.
7. What is Jean's mother's reaction to the discovery of Jean's continued interest in women?
8. What does the author say about the curious and the collector of curios?
9. What is the nature of stories and history and how does she describe them?
10. What happens when Jean finally returns home after being accused by the pastor in church?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)