|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean call treating the past with objective respect?
(a) An idiot's pursuit.
(b) Absolutely necessary.
(c) The only path to self awareness.
(d) A sham.
2. How does Jean characterize a story heard from various perspectives?
(a) A sandwich laced with mustard of her own.
(b) A stew with various ingrediants.
(c) A vegetable and cream, pureed together.
(d) A seamless wonder.
3. What does Winnet do for the boy?
(a) All the above.
(b) Defends him to the sorcerer.
(c) Tells him to deny her and blame her to the sorcerer so he can be free.
(d) She sets him free from his cell.
4. Where does Winnet meet the sorcerer?
(a) In a town festival.
(b) Traveling through a forest.
(c) Near the river behind her home.
(d) He appears to her in dreams.
5. What does Jean envision her mother wishing for as she waits in her room?
(a) To not have children.
(b) A tearful reunion of the two of them.
(c) Her and her room to go up in flames while the house remained untouched.
(d) To be transported by God away from the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes a belief held by Jean's mother?
2. Which of the following best characterizes the way Jean sees the past?
3. Who comes to visit Jean while she is locked in her room?
4. Who is the boy Winnet makes friends with?
5. What do people do when they tell stories?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)