|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at Elsie's funeral?
(a) The church group sees her at dessert and storms out.
(b) Jean tries to keep her presence unknown.
(c) All the above.
(d) The man who runs the funeral home needs her help serving.
2. How intent is Jean on becoming a missionary?
(a) She would like to, but the church won't let her.
(b) It is her life mission.
(c) She doesn't want to.
(d) She wants to enroll in missionary school as a way to stay with the church.
3. When Jean does not repent for the pastor, what does he tell Jean's mother to do?
(a) Lock Jean in her room and not feed her.
(b) Pray continuously for her.
(c) Kick her out of the house.
(d) Supervise her at all times.
4. What do Jean's mother and the pastor argue about?
(a) How suited Jean would be to be a missionary.
(b) If Jean can still preach at church.
(c) The best way to exorcise demons.
(d) Whether Jean is a wicked person or unfortunate victim.
5. How does Jean characterize a story heard from various perspectives?
(a) A sandwich laced with mustard of her own.
(b) A vegetable and cream, pureed together.
(c) A seamless wonder.
(d) A stew with various ingrediants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean tell the church?
2. Who does Jean say history is?
3. What does Winnet do for the boy?
4. Who knew about Jean and Melanie and tried to help them?
5. What does Jean's visitor tell her while she is locked in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it like for Winnet living in the village? Why does she decide she has to leave?
2. What does Jean tell the pastor and elders of her church when they return after locking her up? Is she sincere?
3. Who is Katy? What is her relationship to Jean?
4. What do the pastor and her mother pinpoint as the culprit for Jean's sexuality?
5. Describe what happened when Jean's biological mother returned to claim her.
6. How was Katy and Jean's relationship discovered by the members of the church?
7. What is the point the author makes using the pilgrim fathers in her chapter entitled Deuteronomy?
8. Describe the nature and style of the chapter entitled Deuteronomy.
9. What happens at Elsie's funeral?
10. What happens when Jean finally returns home after being accused by the pastor in church?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)