|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meeting of the Sisterhood like when Jean shows up after her second affair?
(a) Supportive and loving.
(b) Tense and awkward.
(c) Solid guidance.
(d) Unchanged from usual.
2. After her visitor, what does Jean announce she is ready to do?
(b) Move out.
(c) Never see Melanie again.
(d) Get married.
3. What does Jean say about the past?
(a) All of the above.
(b) It is only malleable where once it was flexible.
(c) Once it could change its mind, now it can only undergo change.
(d) The lens to see it can be tinted and tilted and smashed.
4. What does the pastor tell Jean when they run into each other?
(a) That the church missed her and her energy.
(b) The church was better without her.
(c) That Melanie never loved her.
(d) That he had handled the situation poorly.
5. What is Jean's mother's response to the news about Jean's sexuality?
(a) She demands Jean leave immediately for missionary school.
(b) She confesses her own affair with another woman.
(c) She tells Jean they will always be family no matter what she does.
(d) She breaks every plate in the house and calls the pastor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the sorcerer's ravens?
2. How are Jean and Katy discovered?
3. What happens to Winnet after she leaves the sorcerer?
4. What is it like for Jean when Melanie visits and kisses her goodbye?
5. What do people do that Jean thinks is folly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the food metaphor the author uses to describe hearing about an event from various sources.
2. Who is a friend to Jean after she is exposed for loving women for the second time? What does she do to help?
3. What does the author say about the curious and the collector of curios?
4. In what ways might the chapter entitled Deuteronomy apply to Jean's life?
5. What is Jean's mother's reaction to the discovery of Jean's continued interest in women?
6. What happens when Jean finally returns home after being accused by the pastor in church?
7. How was Katy and Jean's relationship discovered by the members of the church?
8. What does Jean tell the pastor and elders of her church when they return after locking her up? Is she sincere?
9. Describe the nature and style of the chapter entitled Deuteronomy.
10. What makes Jean's mother aware of what is happening between Jean and Melanie?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)