|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jean, what cannot be found?
(a) True love.
(b) Absolute truth.
(d) Purity of emotion.
2. What does Jean compare history to?
(a) A religious text.
(b) Fairy tales.
(c) A string full of knots.
(d) Our own personal past.
3. How much warning do Jean and Melanie have of what will happen at church when they are separated?
(a) Melanie knew and agreed to it, but Jean did not.
(b) None until the sermon itself.
(c) Jean knows something is up and is nervous.
(d) Jean overheard her mother talking and knew it was coming.
4. What do Jean's mother and the pastor argue about?
(a) If Jean can still preach at church.
(b) How suited Jean would be to be a missionary.
(c) The best way to exorcise demons.
(d) Whether Jean is a wicked person or unfortunate victim.
5. What does the sorcerer do to the boy Winnet befriends?
(a) Makes him a stronger sorcerer than Winnet.
(b) Blames him for spoiling Winnet and casts him out.
(c) Challenges him to a duel.
(d) Ridicules him in front of Winnet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice is Jean trying to give us at the end of the chapter titled Deuteronomy?
2. What does the sorcerer want of Winnet?
3. What do people do when they tell stories?
4. Which of the following best characterizes the way Jean sees the past?
5. What must Winnet do to reach the beautiful city?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)