|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jean find when she returns home after being accused at church?
(a) Melanie's parents.
(b) Her biological mother.
(d) The pastor and a group of elders from the church.
2. What is the first thing that happens in the chapter titled Judges?
(a) Jean packs for missionary school.
(b) Jean announces her sexuality to the congregation.
(c) Jean's mother tells her to move out.
(d) Jean confesses her sexuality to the pastor.
3. Where does Jean go after being accused at church?
(a) To the top of the hill.
(b) To Mrs. Jewsbury's.
(c) To the market where she met Melanie.
(d) Straight home.
4. Who comes to visit Jean while she is locked in her room?
(a) An orange demon.
(c) The pastor.
5. What does Jean say was a big problem looking at history after the second world war?
(b) The need to generate new stories.
(c) Too many ingrediants.
(d) Not a large enough bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean say about the past?
2. What happens to Winnet at the sorcerer's castle?
3. What is it like for Jean when Melanie visits and kisses her goodbye?
4. What was Jean's relationship to Katy?
5. What was the Awful Occasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Elsie's funeral?
2. What does Jean tell the pastor and elders of her church when they return after locking her up? Is she sincere?
3. While Jean is locked up in her mother's house after being accused of loving Melanie at church, who does Jean talk to and what do they say?
4. According to the chapter Deuteronomy what are some ways that people change or deny the past?
5. What do the pastor and Jean's mother propose after discovering Jean's continued interest in women, and what is Jean's response?
6. What must Winnet do to reach the beautiful city? What is it like when she reaches it?
7. What does Jean tell the church to protect Katy?
8. Describe how the author describes Pol Pot in relation to history in the chapter entitled Deuteronomy.
9. What does the author say about the curious and the collector of curios?
10. What is it like for Winnet living in the village? Why does she decide she has to leave?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)