|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knew about Jean and Melanie and tried to help them?
(b) Melainie's mother.
(c) Jean's father.
(d) The shoolmaster.
2. When Jean does not repent for the pastor, what does he tell Jean's mother to do?
(a) Pray continuously for her.
(b) Supervise her at all times.
(c) Kick her out of the house.
(d) Lock Jean in her room and not feed her.
3. What does Jean's mother say of Jean's sexuality?
(a) She was hopelessly lost to God.
(b) It was because her father was indecisive.
(c) She brought evil into the church.
(d) It was bad genes.
4. What does Jean envision her mother wishing for as she waits in her room?
(a) To be transported by God away from the world.
(b) To not have children.
(c) A tearful reunion of the two of them.
(d) Her and her room to go up in flames while the house remained untouched.
5. What does Jean feel when she looks at a history book?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She is repulsed by the pretention.
(c) She is curious about the new story.
(d) She is astonished at the imaginative effort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jean's mother's response to the news about Jean's sexuality?
2. What instructions does the pastor give Jean after she refuses to repent?
3. What does Jean say of the collector of curios?
4. How are Jean and Katy discovered?
5. According to the chapter, Deuteronomy, what is time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Katy? What is her relationship to Jean?
2. How was Katy and Jean's relationship discovered by the members of the church?
3. Where does Melanie go, and with whom, after being accused at church? What happens?
4. What does Jean tell the church to protect Katy?
5. What is Jean's mother's reaction to the discovery of Jean's continued interest in women?
6. According to the chapter Deuteronomy what are some ways that people change or deny the past?
7. What do the pastor and her mother pinpoint as the culprit for Jean's sexuality?
8. While Jean is locked up in her mother's house after being accused of loving Melanie at church, who does Jean talk to and what do they say?
9. What is it like for Winnet living in the village? Why does she decide she has to leave?
10. What does Jean tell the pastor and elders of her church when they return after locking her up? Is she sincere?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)