|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Jean and Katy discovered?
(a) They forgot to lock their door and someone looked in while they were in bed.
(b) Jean's mom finds their letters.
(c) Jean announces their love to the whole congregation.
(d) Katy confesses everything to the pastor.
2. What happens to Winnet after she leaves the sorcerer?
(a) She never learns to talk the way the villagers do, even though she wants to.
(b) All the above.
(c) She is taken in by a villager who is kind to her.
(d) She hears of a beautiful city and decides to go there.
3. What happens to Winnet at the sorcerer's castle?
(a) She realizes she was born for this life.
(b) She forgot who she was and how she came to be there.
(c) She grows very powerful.
(d) She learns the sorcerer is not evil.
4. What does Jean feel when she looks at a history book?
(a) She is curious about the new story.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She is repulsed by the pretention.
(d) She is astonished at the imaginative effort.
5. What does the chapter titled Judges open with?
(a) The old saying "love conquers all"
(b) The prayer of St Francis.
(c) "from whom much has been given, much is expected"
(d) The queen announcing "either you or your head must be off!"
Short Answer Questions
1. In general terms, what is the chapter Deuteronomy about?
2. What opinion of many has history changed since the Pilgrim fathers first set sail?
3. What must Winnet do to reach the beautiful city?
4. What does Jean's visitor tell her while she is locked in?
5. What does the raven warn Winnet will happen if she stays in the place she loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the chapter Deuteronomy what are some ways that people change or deny the past?
2. What does the author say about the curious and the collector of curios?
3. What makes Jean's mother aware of what is happening between Jean and Melanie?
4. Who is a friend to Jean after she is exposed for loving women for the second time? What does she do to help?
5. What does Jean tell the church to protect Katy?
6. Who is Katy? What is her relationship to Jean?
7. What is the nature of stories and history and how does she describe them?
8. What does Jean tell the pastor and elders of her church when they return after locking her up? Is she sincere?
9. Describe what happened when Jean's biological mother returned to claim her.
10. What must Winnet do to reach the beautiful city? What is it like when she reaches it?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)