|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people do that Jean thinks is folly?
(a) Attach themselves to other people.
(b) Separate story telling from history.
(c) Define the world.
(d) Stop changing how they see the world.
2. What does the sorcerer do for Winnet to help her feel safe dining with him?
(a) He tells her his name.
(b) He tells her details of her own life.
(c) He draws a chalk circle with a little gap in it for her to step into and then close.
(d) He gives her the source of his power.
3. According to the chapter, Deuteronomy, what is time?
(a) A thief.
(b) An unfair tyrant.
(c) The bringer of justice.
(d) A great deadener.
4. What must explorers bring back?
(a) A new history to write.
(b) A new way to see history.
(c) A memory and a story.
(d) Potatoes or tobacco or gold.
5. When the pastor and Jean's mother try to set up another exorcism, what does Jean say?
(a) She doubts it will work.
(b) They are the ones with the problem.
(c) She is leaving the church.
(d) She does not have a demon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jean go after being accused at church?
2. What happens to Winnet after she leaves the sorcerer?
3. Where does Jean dream she is when she falls asleep?
4. Who knew about Jean and Melanie and tried to help them?
5. How does Jean feel about her church before she is accused in the sermon?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)