|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Katy and Jean go together?
(a) To Katy's parents.
(b) Away to college.
(c) To see the big city.
(d) Morecambe guest house.
2. In general terms, what is the chapter Deuteronomy about?
(a) How to choose what you should believe.
(b) The importance of being curious.
(c) The importance of having stories.
(d) How people see the past.
3. What does Jean's mother do after Jean has repented?
(a) Burns all the cards and pictures that would remind Jean of Melanie.
(b) Tells her about her own affair with another woman.
(c) Takes a more personal interest in Jean's day to day life.
(d) Signs Jean up for missionary school.
4. What does Jean's mother say of Jean's sexuality?
(a) It was because her father was indecisive.
(b) She was hopelessly lost to God.
(c) It was bad genes.
(d) She brought evil into the church.
5. What instructions does the pastor give Jean after she refuses to repent?
(a) To go home and wait for them.
(b) To ask God for guidance.
(c) To recognize the devil.
(d) To leave the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jean meet during a tent mission in Blackpool?
2. According to Jean, what cannot be found?
3. What does Jean's mother call Jean's romantic love for another woman?
4. Who does Jean say history is?
5. What does the pastor tell Jean when they run into each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jean returns home for a visit?
2. What is the nature of stories and history and how does she describe them?
3. What happens that makes the sorcerer cast Winnet out?
4. What does Jean tell the church to protect Katy?
5. Describe the nature and style of the chapter entitled Deuteronomy.
6. Describe how the author describes Pol Pot in relation to history in the chapter entitled Deuteronomy.
7. What happens when Jean finally returns home after being accused by the pastor in church?
8. What is Jean's mother's reaction to the discovery of Jean's continued interest in women?
9. What do the pastor and Jean's mother propose after discovering Jean's continued interest in women, and what is Jean's response?
10. Describe what happened when Jean's biological mother returned to claim her.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)