|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean say of the collector of curios?
(a) He is the original living dead.
(b) He surrounds himself with dead things.
(c) He lives in a derelict railway station with a video of trains.
(d) All of the above.
2. Who tries to help Jean after she is accused by the pastor?
(a) Jean's mother.
(b) Mrs. Jewsbury.
(d) Jean's father.
3. What is the meeting of the Sisterhood like when Jean shows up after her second affair?
(a) Solid guidance.
(b) Tense and awkward.
(c) Supportive and loving.
(d) Unchanged from usual.
4. What does Jean's mother do after Jean has repented?
(a) Takes a more personal interest in Jean's day to day life.
(b) Signs Jean up for missionary school.
(c) Tells her about her own affair with another woman.
(d) Burns all the cards and pictures that would remind Jean of Melanie.
5. What was Jean's relationship to Katy?
(a) Jean had a crush on Katy for years but denied it to herself and everyone.
(b) They were close friends in the church.
(c) Katy was her most uncomplicated love affair.
(d) Katy was Jean's proof that she was over women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jean's role in the church after she is accused and repents?
2. According to Jean, what do people often use history for?
3. What do Jean and Mrs. Jewsbury do after Jean is accused at church?
4. Who does Jean find when she returns home after being accused at church?
5. What does the sorcerer do to the boy Winnet befriends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happened when Jean's biological mother returned to claim her.
2. What does Jean tell the pastor and elders of her church when they return after locking her up? Is she sincere?
3. What makes Jean's mother aware of what is happening between Jean and Melanie?
4. How does Winnet end up living with the sorcerer and believing she is his daughter?
5. What happens when Jean finally returns home after being accused by the pastor in church?
6. What happens that makes the sorcerer cast Winnet out?
7. Who is a friend to Jean after she is exposed for loving women for the second time? What does she do to help?
8. What is it like for Winnet living in the village? Why does she decide she has to leave?
9. What must Winnet do to reach the beautiful city? What is it like when she reaches it?
10. How was Katy and Jean's relationship discovered by the members of the church?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)