|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean tell the church?
(a) She would always love women.
(b) She was weak and the demon repossessed her.
(c) Her love affair with Melanie never ended.
(d) Love is never a sin.
2. What does Jean compare history to?
(a) Fairy tales.
(b) Our own personal past.
(c) A religious text.
(d) A string full of knots.
3. What instructions does the pastor give Jean after she refuses to repent?
(a) To recognize the devil.
(b) To leave the community.
(c) To ask God for guidance.
(d) To go home and wait for them.
4. What happens to Winnet after she leaves the sorcerer?
(a) She hears of a beautiful city and decides to go there.
(b) She never learns to talk the way the villagers do, even though she wants to.
(c) All the above.
(d) She is taken in by a villager who is kind to her.
5. What advice is Jean trying to give us at the end of the chapter titled Deuteronomy?
(a) Eat healthy food.
(b) There is not difference between fact and fiction.
(c) Forget believing stories.
(d) Don't rely on other's interpretations of stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jean and Mrs. Jewsbury do after Jean is accused at church?
2. What does Jean feel when she looks at a history book?
3. What does the sorcerer want of Winnet?
4. What was the Awful Occasion?
5. How intent is Jean on becoming a missionary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must Winnet do to reach the beautiful city? What is it like when she reaches it?
2. What is Jean's mother's reaction to the discovery of Jean's continued interest in women?
3. What does Jean tell the pastor and elders of her church when they return after locking her up? Is she sincere?
4. What happens that makes the sorcerer cast Winnet out?
5. How and when are Melanie and Jean ousted to the church? What happens?
6. How does Winnet end up living with the sorcerer and believing she is his daughter?
7. How was Katy and Jean's relationship discovered by the members of the church?
8. What happens when Jean returns home for a visit?
9. What is it like for Winnet living in the village? Why does she decide she has to leave?
10. What do the pastor and her mother pinpoint as the culprit for Jean's sexuality?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)