|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knew about Jean and Melanie and tried to help them?
(a) Melainie's mother.
(b) Jean's father.
(d) The shoolmaster.
2. When is the last time Jean sees Elsie?
(a) The church holds a wake for Elsie and Jean attends.
(b) Jean visits her in the hospital early in the morning so she won't run into anyone.
(c) Jean spends the night at her side in the funeral parlor.
(d) Elsie comes out to her ice cream truck to tell Jean she' dying.
3. Where does Jean go right after repenting and being released from her lockdown?
(a) To find Melanie.
(b) To the top of the hill to think alone.
(c) To church to pray.
(d) To the employment office to be able to move.
4. After her visitor, what does Jean announce she is ready to do?
(b) Move out.
(c) Get married.
(d) Never see Melanie again.
5. Who does Jean find when she returns home after being accused at church?
(b) The pastor and a group of elders from the church.
(c) Her biological mother.
(d) Melanie's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Winnet do to reach the beautiful city?
2. What happens at Elsie's funeral?
3. What is Winnet's punishment from the sorcerer?
4. What does Jean's mother do after Jean has repented?
5. What does Jean say people do with the past when it gets too difficult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about the curious and the collector of curios?
2. Where does Melanie go, and with whom, after being accused at church? What happens?
3. What do the pastor and Jean's mother propose after discovering Jean's continued interest in women, and what is Jean's response?
4. What must Winnet do to reach the beautiful city? What is it like when she reaches it?
5. What happens when Jean finally returns home after being accused by the pastor in church?
6. What happens when Jean returns home for a visit?
7. What makes Jean's mother aware of what is happening between Jean and Melanie?
8. What happens that makes the sorcerer cast Winnet out?
9. Describe the nature and style of the chapter entitled Deuteronomy.
10. Describe how the author describes Pol Pot in relation to history in the chapter entitled Deuteronomy.
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)