|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is something Jean's mother routinely is likely to say first thing to her on Sundays?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The Lord is good.
(c) What sort of tea is this?
(d) Who was the oldest man in the Bible?
2. Which of the following best characterizes the information Jean gets from the other women regarding men and marriage?
(a) Vague and confusing.
(b) General and encouraging.
(c) Vulgar and humorous.
(d) Direct and depressing.
3. What function does Jean's mother's friend make wreaths for?
4. What is Pastor Finch's sermon about the first day Melanie is in the church?
(a) The unbounded love of God.
(c) Unnatural passions.
(d) Turning the other cheek.
5. What does Jean sew onto her sampler in sewing class?
(a) Great is the glory of God.
(b) Lord be my guide.
(c) The summer is ended and we are not yet saved.
(d) To mother, with love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jean and her mother do routinely on Sunday mornings?
2. What cures the sensitive princess in the story?
3. What makes Jean's mother decide to get Jean a new mac?
4. What does Mrs. Arkwright tell Jean when she sees her in the market?
5. What happens when the pastor talks about how full of spirit Jean is while he is preaching?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't Melanie and Jean think that what they share is what the pastor labels as "unnatural passion"?
2. Who is Elsie? Describe her.
3. What is the story of the sensitive princess?
4. Describe a typical Sunday in Jean's home.
5. Describe Jean's mother.
6. What kinds of stories does Jean's mother tell her while the walk on Sundays? Give some examples.
7. In an attempt to fit in at school, what does Jean change about her art projects? How does that go?
8. When she is young and still trying to understand men and marriage, what is Jean's general opinion of men? Where does it come from?
9. What are some things Jean's mother did for the Society for the Lost? Was she effective?
10. What does the prince write about perfection?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)