|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the protagonist Jean live with?
(a) Her mother and father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her mother and stepfather.
(d) Her adoptive mother and father.
2. What does the girl tell the adviser who tries to take her to the prince?
(a) She is not interested in getting married.
(b) She will not marry an imperfect prince.
(c) The prince must come seek her hand.
(d) She is totally flawless.
3. How successful are Jean's art projects at school?
(a) Rejected due to content.
(b) Praised because of her effort in them.
(c) Nobody understands them.
(d) Teachers are obliged to recognize their technical superiority.
4. Which of the following best characterizes the information Jean gets from the other women regarding men and marriage?
(a) General and encouraging.
(b) Direct and depressing.
(c) Vulgar and humorous.
(d) Vague and confusing.
5. How does the Society for the Lost fare under the direction of Jean's mother?
(a) It doubled in membership.
(b) It is slowly becoming more and more radical.
(c) She launched Pastor Spratt to fame.
(d) There are fewer converts every year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean help do one year when they go to Morecambe?
2. In the story at the end of the chapter titled Leviticus, what is the girl like?
3. In Jean's dream of getting married, who is her husband?
4. What does Jean overhear her mother say about the people that invited her to the seashore?
5. What is Jean unsure how to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the first time Melanie goes to Jean's church?
2. How does Jean get to go the fair once a year? What happens to her there one year with a palm reader?
3. Describe the incident of the mac and its replacement.
4. What does the prince write about perfection?
5. Describe a typical Sunday in Jean's home.
6. What happens when Jean tries to tell her mother that she is going deaf?
7. What does the perfect girl the prince finds tell him?
8. How is Jean's deafness discovered?
9. Who is Elsie? Describe her.
10. What kinds of stories does Jean's mother tell her while the walk on Sundays? Give some examples.
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)