|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is in the book that the prince writes?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The need to produce a world of perfect beings.
(c) An exhoration to single-mindedness.
(d) The corruption of opting for second best.
2. What does Jean usually do to the Brillo pad monkey in the collage at Elsie's when she plays with it?
(a) Drowns it.
(b) Makes it take over the ark.
(c) Has it find God and start to pray.
(d) Has a lion from the ark eat it.
3. How does Jean's mother refer to their neighbors?
(a) That poor family.
(b) Next Door.
(c) John and Meg's family.
(d) The Johnsons.
4. What is that "special something" the prince is looking for in someone?
(a) A soul attachment.
(b) Perfection, flawless in every respect.
5. What is the moral of the parable of the sensitive princess?
(a) None of the above.
(b) God's love conquers all.
(c) Your family knows best.
(d) Love is never misguided.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is her mother's response when Jean asks her why she married her father?
2. What is Jean's response when her mother informs her that if Jean doesn't go to school she'll go to jail?
3. What does Jean realize when her sampler does not win in a school contest?
4. Which of the following is something Jean's mother routinely is likely to say first thing to her on Sundays?
5. What makes Jean's mother decide to get Jean a new mac?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dream Jean has again and again about marriage.
2. How is Jean's deafness discovered?
3. Describe a typical Sunday in Jean's home.
4. What is the story of the sensitive princess?
5. What does the perfect girl the prince finds tell him?
6. Who is the prince in the story, and what does he believe he wants?
7. Describe Jean's mother.
8. Who does Jean eventually get a Saturday job from? What does she do?
9. What does the prince write about perfection?
10. Why does Jean's mother tell Jean the story of her and Pierre? What does she hope to accomplish?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)