|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the religious zeal of Jean's mother?
(a) Old Testament.
(b) A Sunday believer.
(c) Love and pacifism.
2. What does Jean have to remind her not to cut corners?
(a) A coin from a fallen government.
(b) A ticket to a play she couldn't attend as punishment for sloppy work.
(c) Whalebone from a corset bought at a cheap clothing store.
(d) None of the above.
3. What is that "special something" the prince is looking for in someone?
(b) A soul attachment.
(c) Perfection, flawless in every respect.
4. What idea from the sermon she heard at the special conference had the biggest impact on Jean?
(a) That perfection is unobtainable.
(b) None of the above.
(c) That God is perfection.
(d) That perfection is flawlessness.
5. What stories does Jean's mother tell her as they sit on the memorial stone at the top of the hill?
(a) Stories of people converted to Christianity or those that refused salvation.
(b) Biblical stories.
(c) Fairy tales.
(d) Stories of her youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one technique Jean's mother uses in the Society for the Lost?
2. What is the moral of the parable of the sensitive princess?
3. What is Pastor Finch's sermon about the first day Melanie is in the church?
4. What important notion does Elsie impart to Jean?
5. What does Jean overhear her mother say about the people that invited her to the seashore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident of the mac and its replacement.
2. What happens the first time Melanie goes to Jean's church?
3. What does the prince write about perfection?
4. Describe the dream Jean has again and again about marriage.
5. Why don't Melanie and Jean think that what they share is what the pastor labels as "unnatural passion"?
6. What is the story of the sensitive princess?
7. How does Jean make friends with Melanie?
8. Describe how the church community misunderstood Jean's deafness. What did they say about her?
9. Who does Jean eventually get a Saturday job from? What does she do?
10. How does her mother tell the story of Jean's adoption?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)