|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Arkwright do for Jean in the market?
(a) She takes some of pamplets to put up herself.
(b) She lets Jean put her orange box in her stall out of the rain.
(c) She gives Jean some food.
(d) Lends Jean her cart to haul apples.
2. What is Jean doing when Pastor Finch finds her in the Sunday School Room?
(b) Making a manger scene in fuzzy felt.
(c) Feeding Daniel to the lions in fuzzy felt.
(d) Coloring a mustache on Mary.
3. What does the girl tell the adviser who tries to take her to the prince?
(a) The prince must come seek her hand.
(b) She is not interested in getting married.
(c) She is totally flawless.
(d) She will not marry an imperfect prince.
4. What is Melanie doing when Jean first sees her?
(b) Cleaning fish.
(d) Shopping with her family.
5. What condition does Jean's mother insist on to let Jean go to the fair once a year?
(a) That she write a report afterwards on evils of the fair.
(b) That she try and convert the gypsies.
(c) That she will bring back black peas from the gypsies.
(d) That she confess and cleanse herself the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the faithful companion to the prince?
2. What is that "special something" the prince is looking for in someone?
3. What does Melanie do at the end of her fist service at Jean's church?
4. How can Sundays at the house where Jean grew up best be described?
5. Which of the following is in the book that the prince writes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of the sensitive princess?
2. What kinds of stories does Jean's mother tell her while the walk on Sundays? Give some examples.
3. Describe the dream Jean has again and again about marriage.
4. Who does Jean eventually get a Saturday job from? What does she do?
5. What happens when Jean tries to tell her mother that she is going deaf?
6. Who invites Jean to go to the seaside? What happens and why does her mother not let her?
7. How did Jean's mother get started with the Society for the Lost?
8. In an attempt to fit in at school, what does Jean change about her art projects? How does that go?
9. How does her mother tell the story of Jean's adoption?
10. What is Jean's experience with the visiting pastor, Pastor Finch?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)