|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the package that came from Wigan?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Jean's biological parents' information.
(c) Tickets to a cruise.
(d) A letter from Pierre.
2. What is Jean doing when Pastor Finch finds her in the Sunday School Room?
(a) Coloring a mustache on Mary.
(b) Making a manger scene in fuzzy felt.
(c) Feeding Daniel to the lions in fuzzy felt.
3. What does Melanie do at the end of her fist service at Jean's church?
(a) Reluctantly agrees to come to another.
(b) Asks for forgiveness in front of the whole congregation.
(c) Invites Jean out to lunch.
(d) Throws up.
4. What does the prince in the story want to find?
(a) A wife.
(c) The Truth.
5. What does Jean assume when she first senses hearing loss?
(a) God is smiting her.
(b) It's normal.
(c) She is getting old.
(d) She is in a state of rapture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stories does Jean's mother tell her as they sit on the memorial stone at the top of the hill?
2. What does Jean's mother do to get at the "heathens" who live next door?
3. What does the headmistress of the school accuse Jean of?
4. How successful are Jean's art projects at school?
5. What condition does Jean's mother insist on to let Jean go to the fair once a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Society has a special conference in Jean's town, what does Jean's mother make her do? Who does Jean meet there?
2. Explain why this statement is relevant to Jean's predicament at school: "What constitutes a problem is not the thing, or the environment where we find the thing, but the conjunction of the two."
3. How is Jean's deafness discovered?
4. In the beginning of the chapter, Leviticus, what do Jean and her mother hear coming from Next Door? What do they do about it?
5. Why does Jean's mother tell Jean the story of her and Pierre? What does she hope to accomplish?
6. What happens when Jean tries to tell her mother that she is going deaf?
7. In an attempt to fit in at school, what does Jean change about her art projects? How does that go?
8. Who does Jean eventually get a Saturday job from? What does she do?
9. What does the prince write about perfection?
10. What does the perfect girl the prince finds tell him?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)