|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Katy and Jean go together?
(a) Morecambe guest house.
(b) To Katy's parents.
(c) To see the big city.
(d) Away to college.
2. What does Jean's visitor tell her while she is locked in?
(a) She shouldn't believe everything she reads in the Bible.
(b) If she ignores this issue, she'll end up in pieces.
(c) Demons aren't evil, just different.
(d) All of the above.
3. What was the Awful Occasion?
(a) The time Jean's parents nearly separated.
(b) The day Melanie left Jean.
(c) The time Jean's real mother came to claim her.
(d) When Jean first realized she was involved in "unnatural passions".
4. Who tries to help Jean after she is accused by the pastor?
(a) Jean's mother.
(b) Jean's father.
(d) Mrs. Jewsbury.
5. Who is the boy Winnet makes friends with?
(a) A boy from the village.
(b) Another sorcerer.
(c) The sorcerer's other apprentice.
(d) A stranger from another land.
6. How much does Jean tell her mother about Melanie?
(a) She naively tells her absolutely everything.
(b) She hides the friendship entirely.
(c) As much as she could, but not everything.
(d) She only tells things that are absolutely necessary.
7. Who does Jean meet during a tent mission in Blackpool?
(a) A methodist minister.
(b) A professor from Oxford.
(c) An orange demon.
(d) A new friend called Katy.
8. How much warning do Jean and Melanie have of what will happen at church when they are separated?
(a) None until the sermon itself.
(b) Melanie knew and agreed to it, but Jean did not.
(c) Jean knows something is up and is nervous.
(d) Jean overheard her mother talking and knew it was coming.
9. Who comes to visit Jean while she is locked in her room?
(a) The pastor.
(b) An orange demon.
10. What do people do that Jean thinks is folly?
(a) Define the world.
(b) Attach themselves to other people.
(c) Stop changing how they see the world.
(d) Separate story telling from history.
11. What is Jean's role in the church after she is accused and repents?
(a) Unchanged. She still preaches.
(b) She is looked at with joy as the prodigal daughter.
(c) She is encouraged to preach about her own experience.
(d) She no longer is allowed to preach.
12. What are the names of the sorcerer's ravens?
(a) Fate and Destiny.
(b) Each one was one of the seven deadly sins.
(c) Faith, Hope, and Charity.
(d) Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
13. What does the sorcerer do to the boy Winnet befriends?
(a) Challenges him to a duel.
(b) Blames him for spoiling Winnet and casts him out.
(c) Makes him a stronger sorcerer than Winnet.
(d) Ridicules him in front of Winnet.
14. What does Jean's mother call Jean's romantic love for another woman?
(c) Aping men.
(d) Intentionally mocking her.
15. Which of the following is a belief held by Jean's mother?
(a) Jean's "demon" stemmed from her inability to realize the limitations of her sex.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Preaching is a man's role and innappropriate for women.
(d) Women have important missionary work.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her visitor, what does Jean announce she is ready to do?
2. When is the last time Jean sees Elsie?
3. Where does Jean dream she is when she falls asleep?
4. What must explorers bring back?
5. What does Jean find out one day driving the ice cream truck?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)