|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the package that came from Wigan?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Jean's biological parents' information.
(c) Tickets to a cruise.
(d) A letter from Pierre.
2. When a sleeve of Jean's mac gets torn off at the market, what does her mother do?
(a) Tapes it back on.
(b) Rips the other sleeve off and calls it a vest.
(c) Says she doesn't need a mac.
(d) Takes her to buy another one.
3. What stories does Jean's mother tell her as they sit on the memorial stone at the top of the hill?
(a) Biblical stories.
(b) Stories of her youth.
(c) Fairy tales.
(d) Stories of people converted to Christianity or those that refused salvation.
4. What does Jean have to remind her not to cut corners?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A ticket to a play she couldn't attend as punishment for sloppy work.
(c) Whalebone from a corset bought at a cheap clothing store.
(d) A coin from a fallen government.
5. How successful are Jean's art projects at school?
(a) Nobody understands them.
(b) Praised because of her effort in them.
(c) Rejected due to content.
(d) Teachers are obliged to recognize their technical superiority.
6. Which of the following best characterizes the information Jean gets from the other women regarding men and marriage?
(a) General and encouraging.
(b) Vague and confusing.
(c) Direct and depressing.
(d) Vulgar and humorous.
7. What is that "special something" the prince is looking for in someone?
(a) Perfection, flawless in every respect.
(d) A soul attachment.
8. Which of the following best describes the religious zeal of Jean's mother?
(a) A Sunday believer.
(b) Old Testament.
(c) Love and pacifism.
9. What does Jean's mother worry about?
(a) That Jean would get carried away by passions.
(b) That Jean would find out she is Pierre's child.
(c) That Jean was spending too much time with Graham.
(d) That Jean might not make a good missionary.
10. How can Sundays at the house where Jean grew up best be described?
(a) Family time.
(b) A day of rest to think of the Lord.
(c) Vigorous in worship.
(d) A day for a feast.
11. What does Mrs Arkwright do for Jean in the market?
(a) She gives Jean some food.
(b) She takes some of pamplets to put up herself.
(c) She lets Jean put her orange box in her stall out of the rain.
(d) Lends Jean her cart to haul apples.
12. What gift does Elsie give Jean?
(a) A flute.
(b) A pillow with inspirational sayings on it.
(c) Three mice in a box painted like "the fiery furnace".
(d) A book about independent thinking.
13. What is Melanie doing when Jean first sees her?
(b) Cleaning fish.
(d) Shopping with her family.
14. What does the prince announce about the woman after their talk?
(a) She is perfect.
(b) She was symmetrical in every respect.
(c) All of the above.
(d) She was not flawless.
15. What does Jean discover when she reads the book JANE EYRE?
(a) Her mother had changed the ending.
(b) There was a world of feelings she was unaware of.
(c) It explained a lot about men.
(d) She could relate closely to Jane Eyre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends the most time with Jean in the hospital?
2. On Melanie's first visit to Jean's church, who is the only one that sits out of the dancing and music making of Pastor Finch's new song?
3. What makes Jean's mother decide to get Jean a new mac?
4. Which of the following is something Jean's mother routinely is likely to say first thing to her on Sundays?
5. What does Jean's mother see in a child when she decided she wanted one?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)