|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a tactic that Jean uses to answer her questions about men?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Reading fairy tales.
(c) Listening to women gossip.
(d) Asking her aunt.
2. What does Jean worry about before her operation?
(a) Not getting her hearing back.
(b) Dying from the anesthetia.
(c) If the nurse will throw away her orange peel.
(d) All of the above.
3. What does Jean's mother worry about?
(a) That Jean would find out she is Pierre's child.
(b) That Jean might not make a good missionary.
(c) That Jean was spending too much time with Graham.
(d) That Jean would get carried away by passions.
4. When a sleeve of Jean's mac gets torn off at the market, what does her mother do?
(a) Says she doesn't need a mac.
(b) Tapes it back on.
(c) Takes her to buy another one.
(d) Rips the other sleeve off and calls it a vest.
5. Who finally discovers that Jean is deaf?
(a) Mrs. Jewsbury, an oboe player.
(b) Jean's dance teacher.
(c) The pastor.
(d) Her mother.
6. Who spends the most time with Jean in the hospital?
(b) Jean's mother, who even sleeps there.
(c) Jean's father, sent by her mother.
(d) Mrs Jewsbury.
7. What does the headmistress of the school accuse Jean of?
(a) Intentionally causing trouble.
(b) Acting too good for everybody.
(c) Terrorizing other children by giving them nightmares about Hell.
(d) Disobeying teachers.
8. What was in the package that came from Wigan?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Jean's biological parents' information.
(c) A letter from Pierre.
(d) Tickets to a cruise.
9. What is Pastor Finch's sermon about the first day Melanie is in the church?
(a) The unbounded love of God.
(b) Turning the other cheek.
(c) Unnatural passions.
10. What does the prince announce about the woman after their talk?
(a) She is perfect.
(b) All of the above.
(c) She was not flawless.
(d) She was symmetrical in every respect.
11. What stories does Jean's mother tell her as they sit on the memorial stone at the top of the hill?
(a) Fairy tales.
(b) Stories of her youth.
(c) Stories of people converted to Christianity or those that refused salvation.
(d) Biblical stories.
12. What does the palm reader tell Jean one year at the fair?
(a) That she will never marry.
(b) That she does not know her real self.
(c) That she is destined for great works.
(d) That she is a child of God.
13. What does Jean's mother tell Jean about her experience with Pierre?
(a) It was the only time she felt love.
(b) She learned men are not to be trusted.
(c) She nearly succombed to a life of sin.
(d) What she thought was love ended up being an ulcer.
14. In the story at the end of the chapter titled Leviticus, what is the girl like?
(a) So pretty she can heal the sick.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Her favorite thing is to spin and sing in the orchard.
(d) Well acquainted with the laws of physics and the universe.
15. What does Jean's mother identify the sound coming from next door as?
(a) Pastor Spratt.
(b) A newborn baby.
(c) The tape she left for them to play.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean get along with the other kids at school?
2. How does Melanie end up coming to a church service at Jean's church?
3. Where does Jean's mom get her a new mac?
4. Which of the following is in the book that the prince writes?
5. What happens when the pastor talks about how full of spirit Jean is while he is preaching?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)