|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the special conference for the Society a turning point for Jean?
(a) It was when she began to develop her first theological disagreement.
(b) It was when she first saw Pastor Spratt.
(c) It was when she saw her mother through someone else's eyes.
(d) It was when she was confirmed into the Society.
2. Which of the following is in the book that the prince writes?
(a) An exhoration to single-mindedness.
(b) The need to produce a world of perfect beings.
(c) All of the above.
(d) The corruption of opting for second best.
3. Where does Jean's mom get her a new mac?
(a) Marks & Spencer.
(b) A seconds shop.
(c) The butcher's lost and found.
(d) A booth in the market.
4. What does the woman at the vermin shop give Jean?
(a) The creeps.
(b) Some empty tins.
(c) A fever.
(d) Some oranges.
5. What does Jean's mother do when she identifies the sound coming from next door?
(a) Sends Jean out for ice cream.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Starts singing hymns loudly.
(d) Claps her hands over Jean's ears.
6. What does Jean discover when she reads the book JANE EYRE?
(a) She could relate closely to Jane Eyre.
(b) Her mother had changed the ending.
(c) There was a world of feelings she was unaware of.
(d) It explained a lot about men.
7. What job does Jean end up getting from the wreath-making friend?
(a) Making wedding bouquets.
(b) Making wire forms for wreaths.
(c) Growing carnations.
(d) Getting the dead ready for burial at an undertaker's.
8. How can Sundays at the house where Jean grew up best be described?
(a) Vigorous in worship.
(b) Family time.
(c) A day for a feast.
(d) A day of rest to think of the Lord.
9. What happens when the pastor talks about how full of spirit Jean is while he is preaching?
(a) Everyone notices Jeans lack of response and realize she's deaf.
(b) Jean decides she is fit to become a missionary.
(c) Jean decides to stop feeding things to lions when she plays.
(d) Her deafness and lack of a response convinces everyone of her modesty.
10. What does Jean's mother see in a child when she decided she wanted one?
(a) A servant of God.
(b) All of the above.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A missionary child.
11. When Jean's mother gets a letter about Jean from the headmistress, what does she do?
(a) Encourages her to keep it up until the school let Jean stay home.
(b) Grounds Jean for a week.
(c) Takes her to church to confess her sins.
(d) Laughs and takes Jean to the movies as a treat.
12. What does Jean's mother tell Jean about her experience with Pierre?
(a) It was the only time she felt love.
(b) What she thought was love ended up being an ulcer.
(c) She nearly succombed to a life of sin.
(d) She learned men are not to be trusted.
13. What kind of effort does Jean put into fitting in at school?
(a) She establishes good relationships with the teachers but not the kids.
(b) She tries very hard but can't get the hang of it.
(c) Jean tries to dress fashionably to be accepted.
(d) She doesn't care and can't wait to leave.
14. What is Jean doing when Pastor Finch finds her in the Sunday School Room?
(a) Making a manger scene in fuzzy felt.
(b) Feeding Daniel to the lions in fuzzy felt.
(c) Coloring a mustache on Mary.
15. What does Jean have to remind her not to cut corners?
(a) A ticket to a play she couldn't attend as punishment for sloppy work.
(b) A coin from a fallen government.
(c) Whalebone from a corset bought at a cheap clothing store.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Melanie's first visit to Jean's church, who is the only one that sits out of the dancing and music making of Pastor Finch's new song?
2. What is the moral of the parable of the sensitive princess?
3. How does Jean's attempt to tell her mother about her deafness go?
4. Which of the following best characterizes the information Jean gets from the other women regarding men and marriage?
5. Which of the following best characterizes the way Jean's mother sees the world?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)