|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ruth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean realize when her sampler does not win in a school contest?
(a) A thing is not a problem, and it's environment is not a problem, but the conjunction of the two can be.
(b) Her church does not prepare her for the world.
(c) No one else in school is like her.
(d) The rest of the world does not like her church.
2. Who does the protagonist Jean live with?
(a) Her mother and father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her adoptive mother and father.
(d) Her mother and stepfather.
3. What is it like for Jean when Melanie visits and kisses her goodbye?
(a) She feels close to God.
(b) She feels nothing.
(c) She is repulsed by the thought.
(d) She is overwhelmed with longing.
4. How was the special conference for the Society a turning point for Jean?
(a) It was when she was confirmed into the Society.
(b) It was when she saw her mother through someone else's eyes.
(c) It was when she began to develop her first theological disagreement.
(d) It was when she first saw Pastor Spratt.
5. On Melanie's first visit to Jean's church, who is the only one that sits out of the dancing and music making of Pastor Finch's new song?
(c) The woman from the paper shop.
(d) Jean's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is something Jean's mother routinely is likely to say first thing to her on Sundays?
2. What does Jean's mother do when she identifies the sound coming from next door?
3. What is Jean's response when her mother informs her that if Jean doesn't go to school she'll go to jail?
4. What does Jean say about things that are dead?
5. Where did Katy and Jean go together?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)