|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ruth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is her mother's response when Jean asks her why she married her father?
(a) " I needed him."
(b) " I couldn't make it on my own."
(c) "We had to have something for you."
(d) "I loved him."
2. What does the girl tell the adviser who tries to take her to the prince?
(a) She is not interested in getting married.
(b) She will not marry an imperfect prince.
(c) She is totally flawless.
(d) The prince must come seek her hand.
3. How much does Jean tell her mother about Melanie?
(a) She hides the friendship entirely.
(b) She naively tells her absolutely everything.
(c) As much as she could, but not everything.
(d) She only tells things that are absolutely necessary.
4. What is one technique Jean's mother uses in the Society for the Lost?
(a) She gives away gifts to members.
(b) She passedsout pamphlets at other churches.
(c) She preaches on street corners.
(d) She sends out literature about hell and damnation.
5. When the pastor and Jean's mother try to set up another exorcism, what does Jean say?
(a) They are the ones with the problem.
(b) She does not have a demon.
(c) She is leaving the church.
(d) She doubts it will work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean envision her mother wishing for as she waits in her room?
2. Who does Jean say history is?
3. On Melanie's first visit to Jean's church, who is the only one that sits out of the dancing and music making of Pastor Finch's new song?
4. What does Jean's mother worry about?
5. Who knew about Jean and Melanie and tried to help them?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)