|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ruth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Melanie end up coming to a church service at Jean's church?
(a) She is looking for Jean.
(b) She wanders in by coincidence.
(c) Her mother is a friend of Elsies and takes her.
(d) Jean asks her to come over a baked potato.
2. What does Jean's mother say of Jean's sexuality?
(a) She brought evil into the church.
(b) It was bad genes.
(c) She was hopelessly lost to God.
(d) It was because her father was indecisive.
3. What do people do when they tell stories?
(a) Bring perspective.
(b) Spread the truth.
(c) Make them what they will.
(d) Convince themselves.
4. What does Jean realize when her sampler does not win in a school contest?
(a) A thing is not a problem, and it's environment is not a problem, but the conjunction of the two can be.
(b) Her church does not prepare her for the world.
(c) The rest of the world does not like her church.
(d) No one else in school is like her.
5. What does Jean compare history to?
(a) Fairy tales.
(b) A religious text.
(c) A string full of knots.
(d) Our own personal past.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Society for the Lost fare under the direction of Jean's mother?
2. What does the girl tell the adviser who tries to take her to the prince?
3. Where does Winnet meet the sorcerer?
4. Where does Jean go right after repenting and being released from her lockdown?
5. What does Jean overhear her mother say about the people that invited her to the seashore?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)