|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Judges.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes a belief held by Jean's mother?
(a) Jean's sexuality was a wilfull act to sell her soul.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Everyone had a choice to be saved or fall to the devil.
(d) Everyone made themself and people what they wanted.
2. Why was Jean's mother suspicious of a package that came from Wigan?
(a) The only person she knew there was an old lover.
(b) It was where her family lived.
(c) The agency for adoption was in Wigan.
(d) She had been told Wigan was full of the devils minions.
3. Why does Pastor Finch carry a First Aid kit in his van?
(a) He felt responsible for the young choir members.
(b) His revivals are so animated he usually needs it.
(c) In case the demon combusted somebody.
(d) Tubas are dangerous.
4. Who invites Jean to go to the seaside?
(a) The family next door.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The gypsies.
(d) Two unmarried women who run a comic shop.
5. What do Jean and Mrs. Jewsbury do after Jean is accused at church?
(a) Make love.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Drink brandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean's mother have hung above her oven where she can see it often?
2. Who finally discovers that Jean is deaf?
3. What does the headmistress of the school accuse Jean of?
4. Who talks to Jean and supports her when everyone else was accusing her?
5. Which of the following best characterizes the information Jean gets from the other women regarding men and marriage?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)