|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Judges.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is her mother's response when Jean asks her why she married her father?
(a) "We had to have something for you."
(b) " I needed him."
(c) "I loved him."
(d) " I couldn't make it on my own."
2. What are Jean and Melanie accused of during the sermon?
(a) Not loving God.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Falling under Satan's spell.
(d) Loving each other with a love reserved for man and wife.
3. What does Jean have to remind her not to cut corners?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Whalebone from a corset bought at a cheap clothing store.
(c) A coin from a fallen government.
(d) A ticket to a play she couldn't attend as punishment for sloppy work.
4. What job does Jean end up getting from the wreath-making friend?
(a) Making wedding bouquets.
(b) Growing carnations.
(c) Making wire forms for wreaths.
(d) Getting the dead ready for burial at an undertaker's.
5. Who comes to visit Jean while she is locked in her room?
(a) An orange demon.
(b) The pastor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Jean tell her mother about Melanie?
2. What matters when looking at the past?
3. According to Jean, what cannot be found?
4. What does Mrs. Arkwright tell Jean when she sees her in the market?
5. How does Jean characterize uncertainty to her?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)