|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Judges.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instructions does the pastor give Jean after she refuses to repent?
(a) To recognize the devil.
(b) To ask God for guidance.
(c) To go home and wait for them.
(d) To leave the community.
2. What does Jean say was a big problem looking at history after the second world war?
(a) Not a large enough bowl.
(b) The need to generate new stories.
(c) Too many ingrediants.
3. When Jean does not repent for the pastor, what does he tell Jean's mother to do?
(a) Lock Jean in her room and not feed her.
(b) Pray continuously for her.
(c) Supervise her at all times.
(d) Kick her out of the house.
4. What do people do that Jean thinks is folly?
(a) Stop changing how they see the world.
(b) Attach themselves to other people.
(c) Separate story telling from history.
(d) Define the world.
5. Which of the following best characterizes the way Jean's mother sees the world?
(a) Black and white.
(b) A confusing jumble of forces.
(c) A place of shadowy nuances.
(d) As all God's creations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes the way Jean sees the past?
2. What is Pastor Finch's sermon about the first day Melanie is in the church?
3. Which of the following best characterizes a belief held by Jean's mother?
4. Why was Jean's mother suspicious of a package that came from Wigan?
5. What does Jean feel when she looks at a history book?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)