|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Joshua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jean, what do people often use history for?
(a) To not feel lost.
(b) To keep busy looking at something other than the present.
(c) A way of defining self.
(d) A way of denying the past.
2. What is Jean's role in the church after she is accused and repents?
(a) Unchanged. She still preaches.
(b) She is encouraged to preach about her own experience.
(c) She is looked at with joy as the prodigal daughter.
(d) She no longer is allowed to preach.
3. What is Jean doing when Pastor Finch finds her in the Sunday School Room?
(b) Making a manger scene in fuzzy felt.
(c) Coloring a mustache on Mary.
(d) Feeding Daniel to the lions in fuzzy felt.
4. Why was Jean's mother suspicious of a package that came from Wigan?
(a) The only person she knew there was an old lover.
(b) She had been told Wigan was full of the devils minions.
(c) The agency for adoption was in Wigan.
(d) It was where her family lived.
5. What was Jean's relationship to Katy?
(a) They were close friends in the church.
(b) Jean had a crush on Katy for years but denied it to herself and everyone.
(c) Katy was her most uncomplicated love affair.
(d) Katy was Jean's proof that she was over women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Melanie doing when Jean first sees her?
2. What advice is Jean trying to give us at the end of the chapter titled Deuteronomy?
3. What does Jean's mother call the public school?
4. What opinion of many has history changed since the Pilgrim fathers first set sail?
5. What does Jean's mother see in a child when she decided she wanted one?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)