|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Joshua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally discovers that Jean is deaf?
(a) Jean's dance teacher.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The pastor.
(d) Mrs. Jewsbury, an oboe player.
2. What is Pastor Finch's sermon about the first day Melanie is in the church?
(a) Unnatural passions.
(c) Turning the other cheek.
(d) The unbounded love of God.
3. Why does Jean like Elsie?
(a) She has interesting things in her house.
(b) She admires her devotion to God.
(c) She wants to become a missionary too.
(d) She encourages Jean to be herself.
4. What do people do that Jean thinks is folly?
(a) Separate story telling from history.
(b) Attach themselves to other people.
(c) Stop changing how they see the world.
(d) Define the world.
5. What was the hardest part for Jean of her temporary deafness?
(a) Realizing the church was sometimes confused.
(b) Thinking she disliked a state of rapture.
(c) Being cut off from everyone.
(d) Her mother's smothering protective attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knew about Jean and Melanie and tried to help them?
2. What does Jean's mother worry about?
3. What is it like for Jean when Melanie visits and kisses her goodbye?
4. What does she advise you to do if you want to keep your own teeth?
5. What does Jean find one day when she is looking for a pack of cards?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)