|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Joshua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean's mother worry about?
(a) That Jean would find out she is Pierre's child.
(b) That Jean was spending too much time with Graham.
(c) That Jean would get carried away by passions.
(d) That Jean might not make a good missionary.
2. What does Jean's mother call the public school?
(a) The breeding ground.
(b) The devils work.
(c) The mill of brainwashing.
(d) The corrupter of children.
3. Where does Jean go after being accused at church?
(a) To Mrs. Jewsbury's.
(b) To the market where she met Melanie.
(c) To the top of the hill.
(d) Straight home.
4. Which of the following is in the book that the prince writes?
(a) The corruption of opting for second best.
(b) An exhoration to single-mindedness.
(c) The need to produce a world of perfect beings.
(d) All of the above.
5. What is Jean unsure how to do?
(a) Make babies.
(b) Tell men from beasts.
(c) Choose a husband.
(d) Get into a marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes the way Jean's mother sees the world?
2. What is Melanie doing when Jean first sees her?
3. What does Mrs Arkwright do for Jean in the market?
4. What job does Jean end up getting from the wreath-making friend?
5. How does the Society for the Lost fare under the direction of Jean's mother?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)