|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spends the most time with Jean in the hospital?
(a) Jean's mother, who even sleeps there.
(b) Jean's father, sent by her mother.
(d) Mrs Jewsbury.
2. What important notion does Elsie impart to Jean?
(a) That God is not always right.
(b) That there are two worlds, the physical and another.
(c) That she has to be her own person.
(d) That we must tend the things we love.
3. What is Jean doing when Pastor Finch finds her in the Sunday School Room?
(a) Feeding Daniel to the lions in fuzzy felt.
(b) Coloring a mustache on Mary.
(c) Making a manger scene in fuzzy felt.
4. How does Jean get along with the other kids at school?
(a) Her wit and fearlessness make her an instant hit with the other kids.
(b) The teachers like her but the kids don't.
(c) She is an outcast and doesn't make any friends.
(d) She makes friends with another misfit, but no one else.
5. What is Jean's response when her mother informs her that if Jean doesn't go to school she'll go to jail?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She would never ask that of her mother.
(c) School and jail are similar, so why does matter who goes?
(d) St. Paul was always going to prison and he always got out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman at the vermin shop give Jean?
2. What does Jean sew onto her sampler in sewing class?
3. How does Jean's mother refer to their neighbors?
4. What does the headmistress of the school accuse Jean of?
5. What does Jean overhear her mother say about the people that invited her to the seashore?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)