|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spends the most time with Jean in the hospital?
(a) Mrs Jewsbury.
(c) Jean's father, sent by her mother.
(d) Jean's mother, who even sleeps there.
2. Who does the protagonist Jean live with?
(a) Her mother and stepfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her mother and father.
(d) Her adoptive mother and father.
3. How does Jean pass the time she spends in the children's ward at the hospital?
(a) Looking at sick people.
(b) Contemplating the Lord.
(c) Making igloos out of her orange peels.
(d) Talking with other kids.
4. What is Jean's response when her mother informs her that if Jean doesn't go to school she'll go to jail?
(a) She would never ask that of her mother.
(b) School and jail are similar, so why does matter who goes?
(c) St. Paul was always going to prison and he always got out.
(d) None of the above.
5. What does Jean worry about before her operation?
(a) Dying from the anesthetia.
(b) All of the above.
(c) If the nurse will throw away her orange peel.
(d) Not getting her hearing back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does the telling of Jean's own beginnings parallel?
2. Which of the following best characterizes the way Jean's mother sees the world?
3. What does Jean's mother call the public school?
4. What does Jean usually do to the Brillo pad monkey in the collage at Elsie's when she plays with it?
5. What does Jean overhear her mother say about the people that invited her to the seashore?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)