|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean realize when her sampler does not win in a school contest?
(a) Her church does not prepare her for the world.
(b) A thing is not a problem, and it's environment is not a problem, but the conjunction of the two can be.
(c) The rest of the world does not like her church.
(d) No one else in school is like her.
2. Which of the following best describes the religious zeal of Jean's mother?
(a) Love and pacifism.
(c) Old Testament.
(d) A Sunday believer.
3. What important notion does Elsie impart to Jean?
(a) That we must tend the things we love.
(b) That God is not always right.
(c) That she has to be her own person.
(d) That there are two worlds, the physical and another.
4. What is the moral of the parable of the sensitive princess?
(a) Your family knows best.
(b) Love is never misguided.
(c) God's love conquers all.
(d) None of the above.
5. Who spends the most time with Jean in the hospital?
(a) Mrs Jewsbury.
(c) Jean's mother, who even sleeps there.
(d) Jean's father, sent by her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean pass the time she spends in the children's ward at the hospital?
2. Who finally discovers that Jean is deaf?
3. What is on the tablecloth Jean's family uses on Sundays?
4. What does Jean sew onto her sampler in sewing class?
5. What kind of effort does Jean put into fitting in at school?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)