|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Jean to go to the seaside?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The gypsies.
(c) The family next door.
(d) Two unmarried women who run a comic shop.
2. Why does Jean like Elsie?
(a) She admires her devotion to God.
(b) She wants to become a missionary too.
(c) She encourages Jean to be herself.
(d) She has interesting things in her house.
3. What kind of effort does Jean put into fitting in at school?
(a) She establishes good relationships with the teachers but not the kids.
(b) Jean tries to dress fashionably to be accepted.
(c) She tries very hard but can't get the hang of it.
(d) She doesn't care and can't wait to leave.
4. Who does the protagonist Jean live with?
(a) Her adoptive mother and father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her mother and father.
(d) Her mother and stepfather.
5. What does Jean have to remind her not to cut corners?
(a) A ticket to a play she couldn't attend as punishment for sloppy work.
(b) Whalebone from a corset bought at a cheap clothing store.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A coin from a fallen government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally discovers that Jean is deaf?
2. What does the headmistress of the school accuse Jean of?
3. Which of the following best describes the religious zeal of Jean's mother?
4. What does Jean overhear her mother say about the people that invited her to the seashore?
5. What is Jean doing when Pastor Finch finds her in the Sunday School Room?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)