|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the hardest part for Jean of her temporary deafness?
(a) Thinking she disliked a state of rapture.
(b) Her mother's smothering protective attitude.
(c) Realizing the church was sometimes confused.
(d) Being cut off from everyone.
2. Who spends the most time with Jean in the hospital?
(a) Jean's father, sent by her mother.
(b) Jean's mother, who even sleeps there.
(c) Mrs Jewsbury.
3. Who invites Jean to go to the seaside?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Two unmarried women who run a comic shop.
(c) The family next door.
(d) The gypsies.
4. Which of the following best describes the religious zeal of Jean's mother?
(a) Love and pacifism.
(b) A Sunday believer.
(d) Old Testament.
5. How successful are Jean's art projects at school?
(a) Praised because of her effort in them.
(b) Nobody understands them.
(c) Rejected due to content.
(d) Teachers are obliged to recognize their technical superiority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the pastor talks about how full of spirit Jean is while he is preaching?
2. How does Jean's mother refer to their neighbors?
3. What does Jean realize when her sampler does not win in a school contest?
4. When Jean's mother gets a letter about Jean from the headmistress, what does she do?
5. Why does Jean like Elsie?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)