|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean assume when she first senses hearing loss?
(a) God is smiting her.
(b) She is in a state of rapture.
(c) She is getting old.
(d) It's normal.
2. What is Elsie's hobby?
(a) Missionary work.
(c) Translating the bible.
3. What important notion does Elsie impart to Jean?
(a) That we must tend the things we love.
(b) That God is not always right.
(c) That she has to be her own person.
(d) That there are two worlds, the physical and another.
4. What was the hardest part for Jean of her temporary deafness?
(a) Being cut off from everyone.
(b) Thinking she disliked a state of rapture.
(c) Her mother's smothering protective attitude.
(d) Realizing the church was sometimes confused.
5. Who finally discovers that Jean is deaf?
(a) The pastor.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mrs. Jewsbury, an oboe player.
(d) Jean's dance teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the tablecloth Jean's family uses on Sundays?
2. What does Jean's mother see in a child when she decided she wanted one?
3. What does the palm reader tell Jean one year at the fair?
4. Which of the following best characterizes the way Jean's mother sees the world?
5. What schedule do Jean's parents keep at home?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)