|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Judges.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one technique Jean's mother uses in the Society for the Lost?
(a) She passedsout pamphlets at other churches.
(b) She gives away gifts to members.
(c) She preaches on street corners.
(d) She sends out literature about hell and damnation.
2. Why is the paper shop "forbidden" and its owners talked about?
(a) The owners had been members of the church but left.
(b) The owners are two women who share a bed.
(c) They held seances in the basement.
(d) All of the above.
3. What does Jean compare history to?
(a) Our own personal past.
(b) Fairy tales.
(c) A religious text.
(d) A string full of knots.
4. After her visitor, what does Jean announce she is ready to do?
(a) Move out.
(b) Get married.
(c) Never see Melanie again.
5. What does Jean help do one year when they go to Morecambe?
(a) Make wreaths for a boarding school where there had been an epidemic.
(b) Calculate the number of heathen in England.
(c) Mail pamphlets to the unholy.
(d) Play the tambourine for Pastor Spratt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the protagonist Jean live with?
2. What gift does Elsie give Jean?
3. On Melanie's first visit to Jean's church, who is the only one that sits out of the dancing and music making of Pastor Finch's new song?
4. What cures the sensitive princess in the story?
5. What does the palm reader tell Jean one year at the fair?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)