|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Leviticus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean assume when she first senses hearing loss?
(a) It's normal.
(b) God is smiting her.
(c) She is in a state of rapture.
(d) She is getting old.
2. What does Jean's mother have hung above her oven where she can see it often?
(a) A watercolor of the Lord painted by Pastor Spratt.
(b) A picture of her and her husband on their wedding day.
(c) The prayer of St. Francis.
(d) A picture of Jean.
3. What does Jean's mother do when she identifies the sound coming from next door?
(a) Sends Jean out for ice cream.
(b) Claps her hands over Jean's ears.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Starts singing hymns loudly.
4. In the story at the end of the chapter titled Leviticus, what is the girl like?
(a) Well acquainted with the laws of physics and the universe.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Her favorite thing is to spin and sing in the orchard.
(d) So pretty she can heal the sick.
5. What does the prince in the story want to find?
(c) The Truth.
(d) A wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the special conference for the Society a turning point for Jean?
2. Which of the following best describes the religious zeal of Jean's mother?
3. What does the woman at the vermin shop give Jean?
4. What happens when the pastor talks about how full of spirit Jean is while he is preaching?
5. Why does Jean like Elsie?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)