|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Leviticus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Jean's mother insist on to let Jean go to the fair once a year?
(a) That she write a report afterwards on evils of the fair.
(b) That she try and convert the gypsies.
(c) That she confess and cleanse herself the next day.
(d) That she will bring back black peas from the gypsies.
2. Who does the protagonist Jean live with?
(a) Her mother and father.
(b) Her adoptive mother and father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her mother and stepfather.
3. What does the palm reader tell Jean one year at the fair?
(a) That she is a child of God.
(b) That she is destined for great works.
(c) That she does not know her real self.
(d) That she will never marry.
4. How can Sundays at the house where Jean grew up best be described?
(a) Vigorous in worship.
(b) A day for a feast.
(c) A day of rest to think of the Lord.
(d) Family time.
5. What does Mrs. Arkwright tell Jean when she sees her in the market?
(a) She tells Jean her mother is mad.
(b) She tells Jean to stop living by someone else's rules.
(c) She tells Jean to come to her if she needs help.
(d) She tells Jean her mother is a saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean's mother do when she identifies the sound coming from next door?
2. What important notion does Elsie impart to Jean?
3. What is the moral of the story of the prince and the woman?
4. In the story at the end of the chapter titled Leviticus, what is the girl like?
5. What cures the sensitive princess in the story?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)