|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Leviticus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally discovers that Jean is deaf?
(a) Jean's dance teacher.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mrs. Jewsbury, an oboe player.
(d) The pastor.
2. In the story at the end of the chapter titled Leviticus, what is the girl like?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Well acquainted with the laws of physics and the universe.
(c) Her favorite thing is to spin and sing in the orchard.
(d) So pretty she can heal the sick.
3. What important notion does Elsie impart to Jean?
(a) That God is not always right.
(b) That she has to be her own person.
(c) That we must tend the things we love.
(d) That there are two worlds, the physical and another.
4. What does Jean help do one year when they go to Morecambe?
(a) Mail pamphlets to the unholy.
(b) Play the tambourine for Pastor Spratt.
(c) Make wreaths for a boarding school where there had been an epidemic.
(d) Calculate the number of heathen in England.
5. What is the moral of the story of the prince and the woman?
(a) Perfection is not flawlessness, but balance.
(b) Perfection should always be strived for.
(c) The desire for perfection makes you evil.
(d) Perfection is unobtainable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea from the sermon she heard at the special conference had the biggest impact on Jean?
2. What was the hardest part for Jean of her temporary deafness?
3. What reasons are given when adults discuss why Jean doesn't answer anyone?
4. What is one technique Jean's mother uses in the Society for the Lost?
5. Why does Jean like Elsie?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)