|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Deuteronomy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is this fifth chapter of ORANGES ARE NOT THE ONLY FRUIT best characterized?
(a) Symbolic and metaphorical.
(b) Spiritual and Godly.
(c) Simple and straightforward.
(d) Cautionary and paranoid.
2. Who finally discovers that Jean is deaf?
(a) Jean's dance teacher.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The pastor.
(d) Mrs. Jewsbury, an oboe player.
3. What does Jean's mother identify the sound coming from next door as?
(a) A newborn baby.
(b) The tape she left for them to play.
(c) Pastor Spratt.
4. What opinion of many has history changed since the Pilgrim fathers first set sail?
(a) That they would circumvent the globe.
(b) None of the above.
(c) That they were crazy.
(d) That the known is better than the unknown.
5. How does Jean get along with the other kids at school?
(a) The teachers like her but the kids don't.
(b) She makes friends with another misfit, but no one else.
(c) Her wit and fearlessness make her an instant hit with the other kids.
(d) She is an outcast and doesn't make any friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean's attempt to tell her mother about her deafness go?
2. Which of the following best describes the religious zeal of Jean's mother?
3. What happens when the pastor talks about how full of spirit Jean is while he is preaching?
4. What kind of effort does Jean put into fitting in at school?
5. What do people do that Jean thinks is folly?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)