|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Joshua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melanie do at the end of her fist service at Jean's church?
(a) Throws up.
(b) Invites Jean out to lunch.
(c) Reluctantly agrees to come to another.
(d) Asks for forgiveness in front of the whole congregation.
2. How much warning do Jean and Melanie have of what will happen at church when they are separated?
(a) Jean overheard her mother talking and knew it was coming.
(b) None until the sermon itself.
(c) Melanie knew and agreed to it, but Jean did not.
(d) Jean knows something is up and is nervous.
3. What what Jean's mother's response when Jean told her about the marriage dream she had?
(a) She reassured her that her own marriage would be nothing like that.
(b) She offered to take Jean to a dream analyst.
(c) She said she had had similiar dreams when she was young.
(d) She said it was because Jean ate sardines the night before.
4. What makes Jean's mother decide to get Jean a new mac?
(a) When Jean begs for one.
(b) When she notices Jean's mac is getting threadbare.
(c) When the sleeve comes off.
(d) Running into Mrs Clifton who says she needs one.
5. Which of the following is a tactic that Jean uses to answer her questions about men?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Listening to women gossip.
(c) Reading fairy tales.
(d) Asking her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean's mother do after Jean has repented?
2. What does Jean worry about before her operation?
3. When Jean does not repent for the pastor, what does he tell Jean's mother to do?
4. Who comes to visit Jean while she is locked in her room?
5. What do Jean and Mrs. Jewsbury do after Jean is accused at church?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)