|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Joshua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jean meet during a tent mission in Blackpool?
(a) A new friend called Katy.
(b) A professor from Oxford.
(c) A methodist minister.
(d) An orange demon.
2. What does Melanie do at the end of her fist service at Jean's church?
(a) Throws up.
(b) Asks for forgiveness in front of the whole congregation.
(c) Reluctantly agrees to come to another.
(d) Invites Jean out to lunch.
3. What was the hardest part for Jean of her temporary deafness?
(a) Realizing the church was sometimes confused.
(b) Thinking she disliked a state of rapture.
(c) Her mother's smothering protective attitude.
(d) Being cut off from everyone.
4. What is Pastor Finch's sermon about the first day Melanie is in the church?
(a) Turning the other cheek.
(b) The unbounded love of God.
(d) Unnatural passions.
5. What was Jean's relationship to Katy?
(a) They were close friends in the church.
(b) Jean had a crush on Katy for years but denied it to herself and everyone.
(c) Katy was Jean's proof that she was over women.
(d) Katy was her most uncomplicated love affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean assume when she first senses hearing loss?
2. What does Jean ask for when her mother takes her to town to buy mince?
3. Who comes to visit Jean while she is locked in her room?
4. What is it like for Jean when Melanie visits and kisses her goodbye?
5. What is her mother's response when Jean asks her why she married her father?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)