|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Joshua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jean's response when her mother informs her that if Jean doesn't go to school she'll go to jail?
(a) None of the above.
(b) School and jail are similar, so why does matter who goes?
(c) St. Paul was always going to prison and he always got out.
(d) She would never ask that of her mother.
2. Why is the paper shop "forbidden" and its owners talked about?
(a) All of the above.
(b) They held seances in the basement.
(c) The owners are two women who share a bed.
(d) The owners had been members of the church but left.
3. How does Jean feel about her church before she is accused in the sermon?
(a) She feels stifled and nervous.
(b) She is nervous about what would happen if they found out.
(c) She feels safe and there was nowhere she'd rather be.
(d) She feels like she is untouchable.
4. What is Pastor Finch's sermon about the first day Melanie is in the church?
(a) The unbounded love of God.
(b) Unnatural passions.
(c) Turning the other cheek.
5. Which of the following is a tactic that Jean uses to answer her questions about men?
(a) Listening to women gossip.
(b) Reading fairy tales.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Asking her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Jean and Melanie accused of during the sermon?
2. What is Jean unsure how to do?
3. What does Jean ask for when her mother takes her to town to buy mince?
4. What does Jean sew onto her sampler in sewing class?
5. Who finally discovers that Jean is deaf?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)