|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Joshua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jean dream she is when she falls asleep?
(a) With everyone who can't make the ultimate decision.
(b) In a bookshop.
(c) All of the above.
(d) In the city of Lost Chances.
2. Who does Jean meet during a tent mission in Blackpool?
(a) An orange demon.
(b) A methodist minister.
(c) A new friend called Katy.
(d) A professor from Oxford.
3. What important notion does Elsie impart to Jean?
(a) That she has to be her own person.
(b) That there are two worlds, the physical and another.
(c) That God is not always right.
(d) That we must tend the things we love.
4. What does Jean's mother do after Jean has repented?
(a) Burns all the cards and pictures that would remind Jean of Melanie.
(b) Tells her about her own affair with another woman.
(c) Takes a more personal interest in Jean's day to day life.
(d) Signs Jean up for missionary school.
5. What is Pastor Finch's sermon about the first day Melanie is in the church?
(a) Turning the other cheek.
(c) The unbounded love of God.
(d) Unnatural passions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Awful Occasion?
2. What is her mother's response when Jean asks her why she married her father?
3. What does Jean usually do to the Brillo pad monkey in the collage at Elsie's when she plays with it?
4. What reasons are given when adults discuss why Jean doesn't answer anyone?
5. After her visitor, what does Jean announce she is ready to do?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)