1. Who does the protagonist Jean live with?
(a) Her adoptive mother and father.
(b) Her mother and stepfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her mother and father.
2. Which of the following best characterizes the way Jean's mother sees the world?
(a) As all God's creations.
(b) A place of shadowy nuances.
(c) Black and white.
(d) A confusing jumble of forces.
3. How can Sundays at the house where Jean grew up best be described?
(a) A day for a feast.
(b) Vigorous in worship.
(c) Family time.
(d) A day of rest to think of the Lord.
4. Which of the following best describes the religious zeal of Jean's mother?
(a) A Sunday believer.
(b) Love and pacifism.
(c) Old Testament.
5. Which of the following is something Jean's mother routinely is likely to say first thing to her on Sundays?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The Lord is good.
(c) What sort of tea is this?
(d) Who was the oldest man in the Bible?
This section contains 6,164 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)