1. Who does the protagonist Jean live with?
(a) Her mother and father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her mother and stepfather.
(d) Her adoptive mother and father.
2. Which of the following best characterizes the way Jean's mother sees the world?
(a) As all God's creations.
(b) Black and white.
(c) A place of shadowy nuances.
(d) A confusing jumble of forces.
3. How can Sundays at the house where Jean grew up best be described?
(a) A day of rest to think of the Lord.
(b) Vigorous in worship.
(c) A day for a feast.
(d) Family time.
4. Which of the following best describes the religious zeal of Jean's mother?
(a) A Sunday believer.
(b) Love and pacifism.
(d) Old Testament.
5. Which of the following is something Jean's mother routinely is likely to say first thing to her on Sundays?
(a) The Lord is good.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Who was the oldest man in the Bible?
(d) What sort of tea is this?
This section contains 6,164 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)