1. Who does the protagonist Jean live with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her adoptive mother and father.
(c) Her mother and stepfather.
(d) Her mother and father.
2. Which of the following best characterizes the way Jean's mother sees the world?
(a) A place of shadowy nuances.
(b) A confusing jumble of forces.
(c) Black and white.
(d) As all God's creations.
3. How can Sundays at the house where Jean grew up best be described?
(a) Vigorous in worship.
(b) Family time.
(c) A day of rest to think of the Lord.
(d) A day for a feast.
4. Which of the following best describes the religious zeal of Jean's mother?
(a) Love and pacifism.
(c) Old Testament.
(d) A Sunday believer.
5. Which of the following is something Jean's mother routinely is likely to say first thing to her on Sundays?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Who was the oldest man in the Bible?
(c) The Lord is good.
(d) What sort of tea is this?
This section contains 6,164 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)