Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the town react to Judge's death?
2. How old are most of Laurel's friends' children?
3. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
4. Where does Laurel believe her father will be buried?
5. Why is Laurel saddened when she thinks of Phil?
Discuss gossip. Is gossip a bad thing? How does gossip affect people's lives? How can gossip be good? How is gossip bad? How does gossip affect Laurel? Fay? Judge?
Fay did not think Judge should have surgery on his eye. Judge trusted his friend. Who was right? Who should have the right to make these types of medical decisions? Would the story have been different had Judge followed Fay's opinion? Would Judge still be alive?
Grief is a theme of this novel. Discuss how grief effects each of the main characters, including Laurel, Fay, and Judge. How does grief change their thinking, their behaviors? How does it affect their choices?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)