|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the absence of the letters symbolize to Laurel?
2. What does Laurel hope is in bloom at her mother's grave?
3. Who does Laurel blame for her father's death?
4. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
5. Who discusses Judge's estate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was the dominate person in Judge's relationship with Fay? Why? How did Judge's friends and family feel about this relationship? Why? How did people around Judge feel about Fay? Why do they believe he married Fay? Could they be correct? How does Laurel feel about this relationship between Judge and Fay? Does Laurel also believe what the neighbors believe about Fay? Did Judge's relationship with Fay contribute to his death?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Laurel fly to New Orleans when her father tells her he has made a doctor's appointment? What is unusual about Judge's decision to see a doctor? What does this say about Judge's personality?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss gossip. Is gossip a bad thing? How does gossip affect people's lives? How can gossip be good? How is gossip bad? How does gossip affect Laurel? Fay? Judge?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)