|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurel find in the small sewing room attached to her parents room?
2. Who wants to move in to the house?
3. Who remains in the house?
4. Who do they women think Fay takes after?
5. What does Laurel remember about her mother as she prepared to go into the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Judge love Fay? Did Judge remarry out of love? Was Judge lonely? Could Laurel have saved him from a bad marriage if she had not moved to Chicago? Was it Laurel's job to keep her father from being lonely? Why did Laurel move away? Does Laurel feel guilty about leaving her father? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss gossip. Is gossip a bad thing? How does gossip affect people's lives? How can gossip be good? How is gossip bad? How does gossip affect Laurel? Fay? Judge?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Fay to Laurel's mother. Do they have any similarities? What are they? How are they different? Why did Judge chose to marry each of these women? Did Judge love these women? How did these women affect Judge's life?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)