|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurel find in the house when she returns?
2. How did Laurel's grandfather die?
3. Where does Laurel find herself trapped after she traps the bird in the upstairs hall?
4. What does Laurel remember about her mother as she prepared to go into the hospital?
5. Where does Fay decide to go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Phil? Why does Laurel think about him after the death of her father? What impact did his death have on Laurel? Why is Laurel more angry about his death, even after all this time, than that of her father? How has Phil's death defined Laurel's life?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Laurel fly to New Orleans when her father tells her he has made a doctor's appointment? What is unusual about Judge's decision to see a doctor? What does this say about Judge's personality?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the bridesmaids? Why do they call themselves that? Why are they waiting when Laurel and Fay arrive home by train? How does Fay react to their presence? How should she have reacted? What are Fay's motivations for reacting so negatively to these people?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)