|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Judge eat on Sundays?
(b) Major Bullock's.
(c) At home.
(d) A restaurant.
2. How did Laurel's grandfather die?
(b) Heart attack.
(d) His appendix burst.
3. What does Laurel find in the house when she returns?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A burglar.
(d) A wild boar.
4. What does Laurel remember about her mother as she prepared to go into the hospital?
(a) That she was a hypochondriac.
(b) That she dismissed her medical problems as trival.
(c) That she put on makeup.
(d) That she was frightened.
5. Who do the women hope does not inherit the house?
(a) Major Bullock.
(c) Miss Adele.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurel hope to find in Judge's library besides her mother's letters?
2. Who does Laurel hope to never see again?
3. What does Laurel hope is in bloom at her mother's grave?
4. Where does Laurel find herself trapped after she traps the bird in the upstairs hall?
5. What does everyone assume Fay will inherit?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)