|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many birds are in the house?
(a) Two .
2. What is in her mother's desk?
(a) The love letters her mother wrote to her father.
(b) Pictures of her mother and another man.
(c) Pictures of Judge with Fay.
(d) Childhood momentoes, such as report cards.
3. How did Judge react to conflict at home?
(a) He blamed his wife for it.
(b) He caused it.
(c) He enjoyed it.
(d) He ignored it.
4. Why do the old women dislike Fay?
(a) She does not take care of the house.
(b) She will not gossip with them.
(c) She is shallow and unkind.
(d) She made Judge unhappy.
5. Who does Laurel have dinner with in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(c) The bridesmaids.
(d) Miss Adele.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fay's mother pity Laurel?
2. Who called these guests?
3. What is Laurel looking for in her father's library?
4. Where did Judge eat on Sundays?
5. How old are most of Laurel's friends' children?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)