|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pain symbolize to Laurel?
(b) Fay's imprint on everything in Judge's life.
(d) Judge's death.
2. What is Laurel doing when the neighbors come over?
(b) Cleaning out closets.
(d) Working in her father's garden.
3. Where does Laurel believe her home is?
(a) New York.
(b) In her father's house.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What does Major Bullock do before leaving Laurel?
(a) Asks if Laurel has found her father's will.
(b) Turns on the lights in the house.
(c) Chases off a burglar.
(d) Reminds her to stop by to say goodbye before she leaves town.
5. Who remains in the house?
(a) Major Bullock.
(d) Miss Adele.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurel hope to find in Judge's library besides her mother's letters?
2. Why does Fay's mother pity Laurel?
3. Where does the bird come from?
4. What do the old women think Judge lost?
5. What did Fay leave unmade before going to New Orleans?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)