|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laurel remember about her mother as she prepared to go into the hospital?
(a) That she was frightened.
(b) That she was a hypochondriac.
(c) That she put on makeup.
(d) That she dismissed her medical problems as trival.
2. What does Laurel do when she sees what is in the house?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She shuts all the windows and the upstairs doors.
(c) She hides in the garage.
(d) She goes and gets Major Bullock.
3. How does the town react to Judge's death?
(a) The government offices shut down, but school continues as usual.
(b) The government offices shut down and school is let out early.
(c) The declare a city-wide holiday.
(d) They do not react at all.
4. What is in her mother's desk?
(a) Pictures of her mother and another man.
(b) Pictures of Judge with Fay.
(c) The love letters her mother wrote to her father.
(d) Childhood momentoes, such as report cards.
5. Who put the paint on the desk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fay not do?
2. What is Laurel looking for in her father's library?
3. Why is Laurel trapped?
4. What does Laurel find in her father's library?
5. Why does Fay's mother pity Laurel?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)