|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the town react to Judge's death?
(a) They do not react at all.
(b) The declare a city-wide holiday.
(c) The government offices shut down, but school continues as usual.
(d) The government offices shut down and school is let out early.
2. How old are most of Laurel's friends' children?
(b) Grammar school aged.
(d) College age.
3. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
(a) Turn it into a boarding house.
(b) Turn it into a restaurant.
(c) Turn it into a motel.
(d) Sell it.
4. Where does Laurel believe her father will be buried?
(a) Beside her mother.
(b) In the new section of the cemetery.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) In Chicago.
5. Why is Laurel saddened when she thinks of Phil?
(a) He died too young.
(b) He stole from her.
(c) He hurt her feelings.
(d) He ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Judge react to conflict at home?
2. What did Laurel's mother like to do when she went home to West Virginia?
3. How long after his first wife died did Judge marry Fay?
4. What do the old women think Judge lost?
5. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)