|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
(a) Fay's ex-boyfriend.
(b) Laurel's boss.
(c) Fay's family.
(d) Laurel's husband.
2. What do the old women ask Laurel not to do?
(a) Go back to Chicago.
(b) Work in the garden.
(c) Find the will.
(d) Bake bread.
3. How often did Laurel's mother write to Judge?
(a) Weekly whenever they were apart.
(b) Once a year on their anniversary.
(c) Monthly whenever they were apart.
(d) Every day whenever they were apart.
4. Who does Laurel hope to never see again?
(b) Fay's mother.
(d) The bridesmaids.
5. How many birds are in the house?
(b) Two .
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the old women talk about?
2. Why does Laurel have dinner with the bridesmaids?
3. How old are most of Laurel's friends' children?
4. How does the town react to Judge's death?
5. How does Laurel feel about her father's things?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)