|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Laurel looking for in her father's library?
(a) Love letters.
(b) The will.
(c) The deed to the house.
(d) Judge's checkbook.
2. What does Major Bullock do before leaving Laurel?
(a) Chases off a burglar.
(b) Reminds her to stop by to say goodbye before she leaves town.
(c) Asks if Laurel has found her father's will.
(d) Turns on the lights in the house.
3. What does Laurel find in her father's library?
(a) The will.
(b) Speeches from when he was mayor.
(c) Love letters.
4. Why does Laurel have dinner with the bridesmaids?
(a) To remember Judge.
(b) To remember the good times.
(c) To say goodbye.
(d) To get drunk and party.
5. Why does Fay's mother pity Laurel?
(a) She knows Laurel dislikes Fay.
(b) She feels bad that Laurel is now an orphan.
(c) She knows Laurel is a widow and worries her father's death has brought back too many memories.
(d) She believes no one is there to support and comfort Laurel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Laurel after the funeral?
2. Who walks Laurel home?
3. What does Laurel hope to find in Judge's library besides her mother's letters?
4. What was significant about the death of Laurel's grandfather?
5. How does the town react to Judge's death?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)