|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the old women ask Laurel not to do?
(a) Bake bread.
(b) Find the will.
(c) Go back to Chicago.
(d) Work in the garden.
2. What is Laurel doing when the neighbors come over?
(c) Working in her father's garden.
(d) Cleaning out closets.
3. How many birds are in the house?
(a) Two .
4. Why does Fay's mother pity Laurel?
(a) She feels bad that Laurel is now an orphan.
(b) She knows Laurel dislikes Fay.
(c) She knows Laurel is a widow and worries her father's death has brought back too many memories.
(d) She believes no one is there to support and comfort Laurel.
5. What does Fay take with her?
(a) A Virginia ham.
(b) The china.
(c) Judge's checkbook.
(d) The will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the women hope does not inherit the house?
2. How long does Laurel plan to stay?
3. How does Laurel feel about her father's things?
4. What does everyone assume Fay will inherit?
5. Where does Fay decide to go?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)