|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Judge want to keep evidence of his first wife from Fay?
(a) To keep Fay from getting jealous.
(b) To keep Fay from destroying them.
(c) To protect Fay from Judge's continuing feelings for his first wife.
(d) To keep those memories sacred.
2. Who was the optimist?
(b) Laurel's mother.
(c) Judge .
3. What does the absence of the letters symbolize to Laurel?
(a) Her father's attempts to hide that part of his life from Fay.
(b) The death of her mother.
(c) Judge's lack of emotion for his first wife.
(d) Fay's interference in Judge's life.
4. What does everyone assume Fay will inherit?
(a) A boat.
(b) The house.
(c) The law practice.
(d) A car.
5. Who called these guests?
(a) Major Bullock.
(b) Miss Adele.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fay react to her family's arrival?
2. Why does Fay's mother pity Laurel?
3. Who remains in the house?
4. What does Laurel hope is in bloom at her mother's grave?
5. What does Fay do when she sees Judge?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)