|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fay do when she sees Judge?
(a) Fay apologizes to Judge for being difficult.
(b) Fay ignores Judge's coffin altogether.
(c) Fay demands Judge get out of the coffin.
(d) Fay declares her love for Judge.
2. How often did Laurel's mother write to Judge?
(a) Weekly whenever they were apart.
(b) Monthly whenever they were apart.
(c) Once a year on their anniversary.
(d) Every day whenever they were apart.
3. Who do the women hope does not inherit the house?
(c) Miss Adele.
(d) Major Bullock.
4. What does Laurel find in her father's library?
(a) Speeches from when he was mayor.
(c) The will.
(d) Love letters.
5. Who would legally inherit the house if there is no will?
(b) Miss Adele.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the optimist?
2. Where does Laurel believe her home is?
3. What did her father's death teach Laurel's mother?
4. What is in her mother's desk?
5. Why does Fay want to go to Texas?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)