|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laurel find in her father's library?
(a) The will.
(b) Speeches from when he was mayor.
(c) Love letters.
2. What does Laurel hope to find in Judge's library besides her mother's letters?
(a) Proof that he was her father.
(b) Anything that would explain her father more clearly to her.
(c) The will.
(d) Speeches he wrote when he was mayor.
3. What do the old women think Judge lost?
(a) His mind.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His will.
(d) His judgement.
4. Where did the paint come from?
(a) From a painting that did not dry properly.
(b) Judge's model airplanes.
(c) From a remodeling job completed the year before.
(d) Fay's fingernail polish.
5. Where does Fay decide to go?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurel remember about her mother as she prepared to go into the hospital?
2. Where does Laurel believe her home is?
3. Where does Laurel believe her father will be buried?
4. Who is the portrait of hanging in Judge's library?
5. What does Major Bullock do before leaving Laurel?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)