|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the optimist?
(c) Laurel's mother.
(d) Judge .
2. Who do the women blame for Judge marrying Fay?
(b) Judge's first wife.
(c) Miss Adele.
3. Who put the paint on the desk?
4. What does Laurel find in the small sewing room attached to her parents room?
(a) Old sewing projects.
(b) Pictures of Fay with another man.
(c) Her mother's desk.
(d) Old photo albums.
5. How does the town react to Judge's death?
(a) The declare a city-wide holiday.
(b) They do not react at all.
(c) The government offices shut down, but school continues as usual.
(d) The government offices shut down and school is let out early.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Judge eat on Sundays?
2. What does Laurel do when she sees what is in the house?
3. What does Laurel remember about her mother as she prepared to go into the hospital?
4. Where does the bird come from?
5. What does Laurel find in her father's library?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)