|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Laurel remember her mother when they went to West Virginia?
2. Where does Laurel believe her home is?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) In her father's house.
3. How often did Laurel's mother write to Judge?
(a) Weekly whenever they were apart.
(b) Once a year on their anniversary.
(c) Monthly whenever they were apart.
(d) Every day whenever they were apart.
4. What is in her mother's desk?
(a) Childhood momentoes, such as report cards.
(b) The love letters her mother wrote to her father.
(c) Pictures of her mother and another man.
(d) Pictures of Judge with Fay.
5. What do the old women think Judge lost?
(a) His judgement.
(b) His will.
(c) His mind.
(d) His wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Judge react to conflict at home?
2. What did her father's death teach Laurel's mother?
3. Who wants to move in to the house?
4. Where do the unexpected guests come from?
5. Who does Laurel hope to never see again?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)