|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fay insist on talking to when they arrive in Mississippi?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The police chief.
(c) Laurel's friends.
(d) The funeral director, Mr. Pitts.
2. Where does Laurel put Miss Adele's gift?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) The dining room table.
(d) Her father's desk.
3. What book does Laurel begin reading to her father?
(a) Dr. Zhivago.
(b) Nicholas Nickleby.
(c) Oliver Twist.
(d) The Great Gatsby.
4. How does Fay react when Dr. Courtland says Judge has died?
(a) Fay accuses Dr.Courtland of killing her husband.
(b) Fay accuses Dr. Courtland of allowing Judge to die on her birthday.
(c) Fay tells Dr. Courtland she does not believe him.
(d) Fay thanks Dr. Courtland for all his hard work.
5. Why does Judge need to see the doctor?
(a) Judge is having trouble with his eye sight.
(b) Judge has high blood pressure.
(c) Judge has been feeling sick to his stomach.
(d) Judge needs immunizations to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Judge meet Fay?
2. Who are the bridesmaids?
3. What is Judge's outlook on life?
4. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
5. What does Judge do while Laurel reads to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does gossip affect the plot in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. How does Laurel finally catch the bird?
3. Describe Fay.
4. Why does Laurel feel trapped in her parent's, now Fay's, bedroom?
5. Who else does Laurel grieve in Part 3, Chapter 4?
6. What does Laurel decide to do?
7. Why does Laurel have dinner with the bridesmaids?
8. What does the red paint on her father's desk represent to Laurel?
9. Why is Laurel concerned for her father?
10. How does Fay react to the waiting crowd?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)