|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets the train when Fay and Laurel arrive back in Mississippi?
(a) The bridesmaids, Major Bullock, and Miss Adele.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The whole town.
2. What does Dr. Courtland tell Laurel about Judge after he dies?
(a) Dr. Courtland says Judge owed him money.
(b) Dr. Courtland says Judge was his father.
(c) Dr. Courtland says Judge paid for his medical school training.
(d) Dr. Courtland says Judge bought him a house.
3. How does Fay react when Dr. Courtland says Judge has died?
(a) Fay accuses Dr.Courtland of killing her husband.
(b) Fay accuses Dr. Courtland of allowing Judge to die on her birthday.
(c) Fay tells Dr. Courtland she does not believe him.
(d) Fay thanks Dr. Courtland for all his hard work.
4. What is Judge's outlook on life?
(a) He is an optimist.
(b) He is a pessimist.
(c) He is glum.
(d) He is neither optomistic nor pessimistic,but in between.
5. Who does Dr. Courtland call to meet Fay and Laurel in Mississippi?
(a) Major Bullock, Judge's good friend.
(b) His sister, Miss Adele.
(c) The bridesmaids, Laurel's close friends.
(d) Missouri, Judge's maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fay react to the doctor's recommendation?
2. What does Dr. Courtland do when he arrives in Judge's room the night Fay abuses Judge?
3. What does the nurse tell Laurel about Fay when she arrives?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye?
5. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Judge call himself an optimist?
2. Why does Laurel believe her father died?
3. Who else does Laurel grieve in Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. What does Fay decide to do after the funeral?
5. Does Fay love Judge?
6. What does the red paint on her father's desk represent to Laurel?
7. What does Laurel find in her mother's sewing room?
8. How does Fay react to the waiting crowd?
9. Why does Judge become depressed?
10. Who consoles Laurel after the funeral?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)