|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where Laurel gets rooms for herself and Fay?
2. Who does Laurel find in the kitchen when she wakes?
(a) The bridesmaids.
(d) Miss Adele.
3. Who's wedding were the bridesmaids a part of?
(c) Judge's first wedding.
(d) Major Bullock's.
4. What is wrong with Judge's eye?
(a) He has cataracts.
(b) He has a brain tumor.
(c) He has diabetic eye disease.
(d) The retina has slipped.
5. Who is Miss Adele's brother?
(a) Major Bullock.
(b) Dr. Courtland.
(d) Laurel's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character traits best describe Judge?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye?
3. What is Fay's mood as they wait for Judge to return from surgery?
4. Who is Fay?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what traits does Judge display that Laurel finds unusual to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Laurel unhappy about her father's coffin?
2. What does Laurel find in the house when she returns from dinner?
3. Why does Laurel refuse to gossip about Fay?
4. How does Laurel finally catch the bird?
5. Why does Miss Adele remain after everyone has left to put away the dishes?
6. Is it appropriate for Fay to expect Judge to take her dancing?
7. Who consoles Laurel after the funeral?
8. Why is Laurel concerned for her father?
9. Who arrives the morning of the funeral?
10. What other decision has Fay made about the wake that Laurel dislikes?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)