|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fay say when Laurel tells her to get up?
(a) Fay says she is the widow and everyone will wait for her.
(b) Fay says she is too depressed to get up.
(c) Fay says she is ill.
(d) Fay says she does not want to go to the funeral.
2. What does Missouri tell Laurel about Fay's morning habits?
(a) Fay likes breakfast in bed.
(b) Fay is already up and gone.
(c) Fay likes to sleep till noon.
(d) Fay does not eat breakfast.
3. Why is Fay unhappy with Judge's circumstances?
(a) Fay is worried about money.
(b) Fay is worried about his health.
(c) Fay is anxious to get home.
(d) Fay is unhappy that she is in New Orleans but unable to attend carnival.
4. What does Fay do when Laurel tells her Judge might be dying?
(a) Fay becomes hysterical with grief.
(b) Fay faints.
(c) Fay spits on Laurel.
(d) Fay laughs.
5. Why does Judge refuse to ask Laurel about her work?
(a) Judge is angry with Laurel for coming to New Orleans.
(b) Judge would rather talk about himself.
(c) Judge feels bad for forcing Laurel into idleness.
(d) Judge does not care about Laurel's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Laurel?
2. Who does Laurel find in the kitchen when she wakes?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Laurel gets rooms for herself and Fay?
4. What surprises Laurel when she sees the coffin?
5. What does Laurel remember about sleeping in her room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laurel find in the house when she returns from dinner?
2. Who arrives the morning of the funeral?
3. What does Fay do when she sees the coffin?
4. What do the pictures and books in her father's library symbolize to Laurel?
5. Describe Judge McKelva.
6. Why did Judge call himself an optimist?
7. Why is Laurel concerned for her father?
8. How did Judge react to his wife's illness toward the end of her life?
9. Why does Miss Adele remain after everyone has left to put away the dishes?
10. Why does Laurel have dinner with the bridesmaids?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)