|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes arrangements for Laurel and Fay's living space and Judge's care?
(b) Dr. Courtland.
2. What does Fay accuse Laurel of doing to Judge?
(a) Causing his eye problems.
(b) Abusing him.
(c) Abandoning him.
(d) Insulting him.
3. Who is waiting with Fay at the hospital?
(a) Dr. Courtland.
(b) Major Bullock.
(c) Miss Adele.
4. How does Judge look after surgery?
(a) Awful, His head is wrapped in bandages and their are sandbags beside his face.
(b) Good, he looks like he always has.
(c) Awful, he has bruises and tubes in his arms.
(d) Good, he only has a patch on his eye.
5. Who does Laurel find in the kitchen when she wakes?
(c) The bridesmaids.
(d) Miss Adele.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives while Missouri is taking Fay her breakfast?
2. Why does Judge need to see the doctor?
3. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
4. Why does Laurel decide to return to the hospital the night Judge dies?
5. Who tells Laurel and Fay the surgery is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it appropriate for Fay to expect Judge to take her dancing?
2. What is Laurel searching for in her father's library?
3. How does Laurel feel about Fay at this point in the story, Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. How does gossip affect the plot in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. What do the pictures and books in her father's library symbolize to Laurel?
6. What does Laurel burn out in the yard?
7. Describe Fay.
8. In Chapter 1, what causes the tensions between Laurel and Fay?
9. Why does Laurel end the argument?
10. What makes Laurel unhappy about her father's coffin?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)