|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes arrangements for Laurel and Fay's living space and Judge's care?
(c) Dr. Courtland.
2. What kind of doctor does Judge McKelva go to see?
(a) Eye Doctor.
(b) Cancer Doctor.
(c) Heart Doctor.
(d) Family Doctor.
3. What is Judge's outlook on life?
(a) He is an optimist.
(b) He is glum.
(c) He is neither optomistic nor pessimistic,but in between.
(d) He is a pessimist.
4. Who's wedding were the bridesmaids a part of?
(a) Major Bullock's.
(b) Judge's first wedding.
5. What does Dr. Courtland tell Laurel about Judge after he dies?
(a) Dr. Courtland says Judge bought him a house.
(b) Dr. Courtland says Judge paid for his medical school training.
(c) Dr. Courtland says Judge was his father.
(d) Dr. Courtland says Judge owed him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fay send to the funeral home with Judge's clothes?
2. Why is Laurel concerned about her father?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye?
4. Where did Fay and Judge get married?
5. What is name of the family introduced in Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it appropriate for Fay to expect Judge to take her dancing?
2. What other decision has Fay made about the wake that Laurel dislikes?
3. What story of her mother's does Laurel recall in Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 1, what causes the tensions between Laurel and Fay?
5. What does Laurel find in her mother's sewing room?
6. How does Laurel feel about Fay at this point in the story, Part 3, Chapter 4?
7. How does Laurel finally catch the bird?
8. What does the nurse tell Laurel when she arrives at the hospital? How does Laurel react?
9. Describe Judge and Laurel's relationship as shown in Chapter 2.
10. How does Fay react to the waiting crowd?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)