|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Missouri tell Laurel about Fay's morning habits?
(a) Fay does not eat breakfast.
(b) Fay likes to sleep till noon.
(c) Fay likes breakfast in bed.
(d) Fay is already up and gone.
2. Why does Judge decide to see this particular doctor?
(a) The doctor is located near Judge's home.
(b) The doctor was recommended by a friend.
(c) They are old friends.
(d) The doctor is top in his field.
3. What does Fay do when Laurel tells her Judge might be dying?
(a) Fay becomes hysterical with grief.
(b) Fay spits on Laurel.
(c) Fay faints.
(d) Fay laughs.
4. Who attempts to befriend Fay at the Hibiscus Hotel?
(c) Dr. Courtland.
(d) Miss Adele.
5. What is Judge's outlook on life?
(a) He is an optimist.
(b) He is neither optomistic nor pessimistic,but in between.
(c) He is glum.
(d) He is a pessimist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
2. Who is waiting with Fay at the hospital?
3. How does Judge look after surgery?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what traits does Judge display that Laurel finds unusual to him?
5. Who is Fay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Laurel searching for in her father's library?
2. Who consoles Laurel after the funeral?
3. Describe Judge and Fay's relationship as shown in Chapter 2.
4. What does Laurel find that causes her to finally become angry with Fay?
5. Describe Fay.
6. Why does Laurel believe her father died?
7. How does Fay react when she returns home from the funeral home and finds people sitting with Laurel?
8. Who is waiting when the train arrives in Judge's hometown?
9. Why is Laurel concerned for her father?
10. How does Fay react to Judge's death?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)