Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurel fly to New Orleans?
(a) To go to a funeral.
(b) To go with Judge to the eye doctor.
(c) To attend a family reunion.
(d) To attend a business conference.
2. How does Fay react when Dr. Courtland says Judge has died?
(a) Fay accuses Dr. Courtland of allowing Judge to die on her birthday.
(b) Fay thanks Dr. Courtland for all his hard work.
(c) Fay tells Dr. Courtland she does not believe him.
(d) Fay accuses Dr.Courtland of killing her husband.
3. Who is waiting with Fay at the hospital?
(a) Major Bullock.
(c) Miss Adele.
(d) Dr. Courtland.
4. Why does Judge need to see the doctor?
(a) Judge has high blood pressure.
(b) Judge needs immunizations to travel.
(c) Judge is having trouble with his eye sight.
(d) Judge has been feeling sick to his stomach.
5. Where does Laurel put Miss Adele's gift?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Her father's desk.
(c) The dining room table.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Adele say about death?
2. What does Fay say when Laurel tells her to get up?
3. What shocks Laurel about her parent's bedroom?
4. Why can Judge not be moved?
5. What is name of the family introduced in Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laurel burn out in the yard?
2. Why does Judge chose a doctor in New Orleans rather than one close to home?
3. What does Dr. Courtland tell Laurel after her father passes away?
4. What is Laurel searching for in her father's library?
5. Who consoles Laurel after the funeral?
6. How does Fay react to the waiting crowd?
7. What do the pictures and books in her father's library symbolize to Laurel?
8. Why does Miss Adele remain after everyone has left to put away the dishes?
9. What problem does Dr. Courtland find with Judge's eyes and is it serious?
10. What does the bird symbolize?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)