|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fay react to Dr. Courtland's orders regarding Judge's after surgery care?
(a) Fay is happy to take care of her husband.
(b) Fay is worried about the medical bills.
(c) Fay is annoyed by the amount of care Judge will need.
(d) Fay is angry with Laurel for taking over the arrangements.
2. What is Fay's mood as they wait for Judge to return from surgery?
(a) Annoyed that she is in New Orleans but stuck in a hospital room.
(b) She is worried about the cost of the hospital bill.
(c) She is worried about Judge.
(d) She is happy Judge is getting the treatment he needs.
3. What does Laurel do with Judge during her time with him?
(a) Watches television.
(b) Laurel talks to Judge about her dislike of Fay.
(c) Laurel reads to Judge.
(d) Laurel works on her fashion designs.
4. What character traits best describe Fay?
(a) Self centered and inconsiderate.
(b) Quiet and reserved.
(c) Talkative and inappropriate.
(d) Bubbly and outgoing.
5. Who is Miss Adele's brother?
(a) Major Bullock.
(b) Laurel's husband.
(c) Dr. Courtland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character traits best describe Judge?
2. Who meets the train when Fay and Laurel arrive back in Mississippi?
3. Why does Laurel believe her father would not have wanted an open coffin?
4. What shocks Laurel about her parent's bedroom?
5. What is unusual about Judge's behavior during his recovery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fay do when she sees the coffin?
2. What does Part 2, Chapter 4 say about the characters of Laurel and Fay?
3. Why does Miss Adele remain after everyone has left to put away the dishes?
4. Why do the neighbors blame Laurel for Judge marrying Fay?
5. Describe Judge and Laurel's relationship as shown in Chapter 2.
6. How does Fay react when she returns home from the funeral home and finds people sitting with Laurel?
7. Why does Judge chose a doctor in New Orleans rather than one close to home?
8. How does Laurel finally catch the bird?
9. Do you think Fay's behavior is appropriate in Chapter 2?
10. Is Laurel a responsible person, as demonstrated by her actions in Chapter 3?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)