|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Fay's age?
(a) Fay is much younger than Judge and younger than Fay by a few years, therefore she has trouble empathizing with Judge's situation.
(b) Fay is a child, therefore a hinderance to the situation.
(c) Fay is a teenager, therefore she is indifferent to Judge's situation.
(d) Fay is elderly, therefore her presence at the doctor's office is a toll on her.
2. What does Fay tell Judge after he wakes?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That it's a good thing he cannot see himself.
(c) That he looks good.
(d) That she's happy he is alive.
3. What upsets Fay when she returns home from meeting with the funeral director?
(a) The number of people in her house for Laurel.
(b) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is on a diet.
(c) The number of people in her house she does not know.
(d) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is diabetiic.
4. Who attempts to befriend Fay at the Hibiscus Hotel?
(b) Miss Adele.
(c) Dr. Courtland.
5. What does Laurel do after the nurse tells her about Fay's abuse toward Judge?
(a) Laurel goes into Judge's room.
(b) Laurel calls Dr. Courtland.
(c) Laurel fires the nurse.
(d) Laurel callst he police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Judge decide to see this particular doctor?
2. How does Fay react to the doctor's recommendation?
3. How does Fay react to Dr. Courtland's orders regarding Judge's after surgery care?
4. Who makes arrangements for Laurel and Fay's living space and Judge's care?
5. What surprises Laurel when she sees the coffin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the nurse tell Laurel when she arrives at the hospital? How does Laurel react?
2. Who else does Laurel grieve in Part 3, Chapter 4?
3. What does Laurel burn out in the yard?
4. Why does Laurel fly to New Orleans?
5. What does the red paint on her father's desk represent to Laurel?
6. Does Fay love Judge?
7. Why does Fay refuse to get up the next morning?
8. Who arrives the morning of the funeral?
9. What does Laurel find that causes her to finally become angry with Fay?
10. Why does Miss Adele remain after everyone has left to put away the dishes?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)