|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Laurel about her parent's bedroom?
(a) There are no pictures of Laurel in the room.
(b) Fay has covered everything in peach satin.
(c) Laurel's mother's desk is missing.
(d) The furniture is all different.
2. What surprises Laurel when she sees the coffin?
(a) Fay bought a cheap coffin.
(b) Fay chose the wrong coffin.
(c) Fay had the coffin lined with peach satin.
(d) Fay had the coffin lined with yellow taffeta.
3. What does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye three weeks after the surgery?
(a) That Judge is depressed, causing the eye to heal slowly.
(b) That Judge will never see again.
(c) That it is healing, just slowly, and Judge has some vision.
(d) That the healing is taking too long.
4. What does Laurel do after the nurse tells her about Fay's abuse toward Judge?
(a) Laurel fires the nurse.
(b) Laurel calls Dr. Courtland.
(c) Laurel callst he police.
(d) Laurel goes into Judge's room.
5. What does the nurse tell Laurel and Fay not to do?
(a) Jiggle or move Judge.
(b) Give Judge water.
(c) Give Judge food.
(d) Make Judge laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are they transported to the hospital?
2. What does Miss Adele say about death?
3. What character traits best describe Judge?
4. How does Fay react to Dr. Courtland's orders regarding Judge's after surgery care?
5. Who is Miss Adele's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the neighbors dislike Fay?
2. Is Laurel a responsible person, as demonstrated by her actions in Chapter 3?
3. What does Laurel notice about her father and Fay's bedroom when she goes to wake Fay?
4. How does Fay react to the waiting crowd?
5. What story of her mother's does Laurel recall in Part 3, Chapter 4?
6. Why do the neighbors blame Laurel for Judge marrying Fay?
7. Who is waiting when the train arrives in Judge's hometown?
8. Why does Laurel return to the hospital?
9. How does Fay react when she returns home from the funeral home and finds people sitting with Laurel?
10. What does Laurel find in her mother's sewing room?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)