|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Judge's outlook on life?
(a) He is a pessimist.
(b) He is an optimist.
(c) He is neither optomistic nor pessimistic,but in between.
(d) He is glum.
2. Who's wedding were the bridesmaids a part of?
(a) Major Bullock's.
(b) Judge's first wedding.
3. Who is waiting with Fay at the hospital?
(a) Miss Adele.
(b) Dr. Courtland.
(c) Major Bullock.
4. What does Laurel do with Judge during her time with him?
(a) Laurel reads to Judge.
(b) Watches television.
(c) Laurel works on her fashion designs.
(d) Laurel talks to Judge about her dislike of Fay.
5. Who does Fay insist on talking to when they arrive in Mississippi?
(a) The funeral director, Mr. Pitts.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Laurel's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it when Judge dies.
2. What does Miss Adele say about death?
3. What does Fay tell Judge after he wakes?
4. How does Fay react when Dr. Courtland says Judge has died?
5. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discussed over dinner after the funeral?
2. Who consoles Laurel after the funeral?
3. Why did Judge call himself an optimist?
4. What does Laurel find in the house when she returns from dinner?
5. What does Laurel burn out in the yard?
6. Why does Fay refuse to get up the next morning?
7. How does Fay react when she returns home from the funeral home and finds people sitting with Laurel?
8. What does Dr. Courtland tell Laurel after her father passes away?
9. Does Fay love Judge?
10. How does gossip affect the plot in Part 3, Chapter 1?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)