|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurel decide to return to the hospital the night Judge dies?
(a) Laurel feels as though her father needs her.
(b) Laurel forgot her book.
(c) Laurel wanted to ask Judge a question.
(d) Laurel wanted to give instructions to the night nurse.
2. What is Fay's mood as they wait for Judge to return from surgery?
(a) She is worried about Judge.
(b) She is happy Judge is getting the treatment he needs.
(c) She is worried about the cost of the hospital bill.
(d) Annoyed that she is in New Orleans but stuck in a hospital room.
3. What does Dr. Courtland tell Laurel about Judge after he dies?
(a) Dr. Courtland says Judge was his father.
(b) Dr. Courtland says Judge paid for his medical school training.
(c) Dr. Courtland says Judge bought him a house.
(d) Dr. Courtland says Judge owed him money.
4. What does Fay accuse Laurel of doing to Judge?
(a) Insulting him.
(b) Causing his eye problems.
(c) Abusing him.
(d) Abandoning him.
5. What is name of the family introduced in Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Judge doing when he experienced symptoms related to his doctor's visit?
2. Why is Laurel concerned about her father?
3. What does Miss Adele bring?
4. What is Judge's prognosis after surgery?
5. What day is it when Judge dies.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Judge become depressed?
2. Why do the neighbors dislike Fay?
3. Why does Laurel believe her father married Fay?
4. Why does Laurel end the argument?
5. How does Fay react to Judge's death?
6. Why does Laurel return to the hospital?
7. Why does Laurel believe her father died?
8. How does Fay react when she returns home from the funeral home and finds people sitting with Laurel?
9. What does the bird symbolize?
10. In Chapter 2, what does Fay complain about while waiting for Judge to come out of surgery?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)