|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Laurel concerned about her father?
(a) Judge normally does not admit to concerns for his personal health.
(b) Laurel thinks he is being abused.
(c) Laurel is a worrier who is always concerned about her loved ones.
(d) Judge has been sick for a long time.
2. What does Laurel overhear Fay saying to Judge?
(a) Fay complains about the conditions at the Hibiscus.
(b) Fay is complaining about being stuck in the hospital and not being able to go to carnival.
(c) Fay complains that Judge is taking too long to heal.
(d) Fay expresses her concern for Judge's health.
3. What does Laurel believe the lining of the coffin does to her father?
(a) Makes Judge look feminine.
(b) Makes Judge look like a seashell.
(c) Makes Judge look healthy.
(d) Makes Judge look sickly.
4. Where did Fay and Judge get married?
(a) Judge's backyard.
(b) Gulf Coast Hotel.
(c) The county courthouse.
(d) The Baptist church.
5. What is Laurel's mood as they wait for the surgery to end?
(c) Worried, but upbeat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is name of the family introduced in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. What does Miss Adele bring?
3. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
4. What does Laurel do after the nurse tells her about Fay's abuse toward Judge?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what traits does Judge display that Laurel finds unusual to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fay refuse to get up the next morning?
2. Why do the neighbors blame Laurel for Judge marrying Fay?
3. How does Fay react when she returns home from the funeral home and finds people sitting with Laurel?
4. Do you think Fay's behavior is appropriate in Chapter 2?
5. What does Laurel notice about her father and Fay's bedroom when she goes to wake Fay?
6. Why does Laurel want to find her mother's letters?
7. Why does Laurel believe her father died?
8. Why is Laurel concerned for her father?
9. What story of her mother's does Laurel recall in Part 3, Chapter 4?
10. What does the red paint on her father's desk represent to Laurel?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)