|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fay react to the doctor's recommendation?
(a) Fay is annoyed by the entire ordeal, believing if they ignore it it will get better on its own.
(b) Fay is concerned and insists on staying at Judge's side through the whole ordeal.
(c) Fay goes home and leaves Laurel to deal with the situation.
(d) Fay is bored by the whole situation.
2. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) A week.
3. What does Laurel listen for but never hear?
(a) The phone.
(b) The town clock.
(c) The weather alert.
(d) The mantel clock.
4. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
(a) By car.
(b) By plane.
(c) By train.
(d) By bus.
5. Who is Fay?
(a) Judge's Sister.
(b) Judge's Wife.
(c) Laurel's Sister.
(d) Laurel's Cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fay's mood as they wait for Judge to return from surgery?
2. What does the nurse tell Laurel about Fay when she arrives?
3. Why does Laurel go to check on Fay after Missouri?
4. What does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye three weeks after the surgery?
5. Why can Judge not be moved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does Dr. Courtland find with Judge's eyes and is it serious?
2. What does Laurel find that causes her to finally become angry with Fay?
3. Is it appropriate for Fay to expect Judge to take her dancing?
4. What do the pictures and books in her father's library symbolize to Laurel?
5. Why does Laurel believe her father married Fay?
6. Why do the neighbors dislike Fay?
7. Who else does Laurel grieve in Part 3, Chapter 4?
8. Describe Fay.
9. In Chapter 1, what causes the tensions between Laurel and Fay?
10. In Chapter 2, what does Fay complain about while waiting for Judge to come out of surgery?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)