|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Fay and Judge get married?
(a) The Baptist church.
(b) Judge's backyard.
(c) Gulf Coast Hotel.
(d) The county courthouse.
2. Why does Laurel fly to New Orleans?
(a) To go with Judge to the eye doctor.
(b) To go to a funeral.
(c) To attend a business conference.
(d) To attend a family reunion.
3. What does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye three weeks after the surgery?
(a) That Judge will never see again.
(b) That Judge is depressed, causing the eye to heal slowly.
(c) That it is healing, just slowly, and Judge has some vision.
(d) That the healing is taking too long.
4. What book does Laurel begin reading to her father?
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) Nicholas Nickleby.
(c) Dr. Zhivago.
(d) Oliver Twist.
5. Who is Miss Adele's brother?
(a) Major Bullock.
(b) Laurel's husband.
(d) Dr. Courtland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fay tell Judge after he wakes?
2. How does Fay react to seeing Judge after surgery?
3. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
4. What is Laurel's mood as they wait for the surgery to end?
5. What is Judge's outlook on life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the neighbors blame Laurel for Judge marrying Fay?
2. What does Laurel find that causes her to finally become angry with Fay?
3. How does Fay react to Judge's death?
4. Why does Laurel believe her father died?
5. How does Laurel finally catch the bird?
6. What does Fay do when she sees the coffin?
7. What do the pictures and books in her father's library symbolize to Laurel?
8. What does the red paint on her father's desk represent to Laurel?
9. In Chapter 1, what causes the tensions between Laurel and Fay?
10. Do you think Fay's behavior is appropriate in Chapter 2?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)