|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Laurel put Miss Adele's gift?
(a) The dining room table.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Her father's desk.
(d) The living room.
2. How does Fay react to the doctor's recommendation?
(a) Fay is annoyed by the entire ordeal, believing if they ignore it it will get better on its own.
(b) Fay is concerned and insists on staying at Judge's side through the whole ordeal.
(c) Fay is bored by the whole situation.
(d) Fay goes home and leaves Laurel to deal with the situation.
3. What is the doctor's recommendation?
(b) A vacation.
(c) Surgery immediately.
(d) Wait and see.
4. Why is Laurel concerned about her father?
(a) Judge normally does not admit to concerns for his personal health.
(b) Laurel thinks he is being abused.
(c) Laurel is a worrier who is always concerned about her loved ones.
(d) Judge has been sick for a long time.
5. What does Laurel listen for but never hear?
(a) The town clock.
(b) The phone.
(c) The mantel clock.
(d) The weather alert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it when Judge dies.
2. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
3. What does Fay say when Laurel tells her to get up?
4. Why does Judge decide to see this particular doctor?
5. Who does Fay send to the funeral home with Judge's clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Laurel refuse to gossip about Fay?
2. Why does Laurel have dinner with the bridesmaids?
3. What does Dr. Courtland tell Laurel after her father passes away?
4. What is discussed over dinner after the funeral?
5. Why does Judge become depressed?
6. What does the nurse tell Laurel when she arrives at the hospital? How does Laurel react?
7. Is Laurel a responsible person, as demonstrated by her actions in Chapter 3?
8. Who consoles Laurel after the funeral?
9. Why does Laurel believe her father married Fay?
10. What does Laurel find in her mother's sewing room?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)