|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Fay and Judge get married?
(a) The Baptist church.
(b) Gulf Coast Hotel.
(c) Judge's backyard.
(d) The county courthouse.
2. Why does Judge refuse to ask Laurel about her work?
(a) Judge is angry with Laurel for coming to New Orleans.
(b) Judge does not care about Laurel's work.
(c) Judge would rather talk about himself.
(d) Judge feels bad for forcing Laurel into idleness.
3. What does Missouri tell Laurel about Fay's morning habits?
(a) Fay is already up and gone.
(b) Fay likes breakfast in bed.
(c) Fay does not eat breakfast.
(d) Fay likes to sleep till noon.
4. Why is Fay unhappy with Judge's circumstances?
(a) Fay is worried about money.
(b) Fay is anxious to get home.
(c) Fay is unhappy that she is in New Orleans but unable to attend carnival.
(d) Fay is worried about his health.
5. How does Fay react to Dr. Courtland's orders regarding Judge's after surgery care?
(a) Fay is angry with Laurel for taking over the arrangements.
(b) Fay is happy to take care of her husband.
(c) Fay is annoyed by the amount of care Judge will need.
(d) Fay is worried about the medical bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Judge look after surgery?
2. What does the nurse tell Laurel and Fay not to do?
3. What does Laurel hear when she approaches the Judge's room the night he dies?
4. What does the nurse tell Laurel about Fay when she arrives?
5. What was Judge doing when he experienced symptoms related to his doctor's visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Laurel a responsible person, as demonstrated by her actions in Chapter 3?
2. What is Laurel searching for in her father's library?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Fay complain about while waiting for Judge to come out of surgery?
4. Do you think Fay's behavior is appropriate in Chapter 2?
5. Why does Laurel end the argument?
6. How does Laurel finally catch the bird?
7. Is it appropriate for Fay to expect Judge to take her dancing?
8. Why does Miss Adele remain after everyone has left to put away the dishes?
9. Why do the neighbors blame Laurel for Judge marrying Fay?
10. Why does Judge become depressed?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)