|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Judge's eye?
(a) He has a brain tumor.
(b) The retina has slipped.
(c) He has diabetic eye disease.
(d) He has cataracts.
2. What was Fay's job when she met Judge?
(a) She was a teacher.
(b) She was a secretary at the Gulf Coast Hotel.
(c) She was a maid.
(d) She was a lawyer.
3. What does Miss Adele say about death?
(a) Death is painful and unfair.
(b) People cannot avoid death.
(c) Death is something to look forward to.
(d) People live their own way and die their own way.
4. How did Judge meet Fay?
(a) They met through a dating service.
(b) They met through friends.
(c) They met at a Southern Bar Association conference.
(d) They met at a bar.
5. What does Laurel believe the lining of the coffin does to her father?
(a) Makes Judge look feminine.
(b) Makes Judge look like a seashell.
(c) Makes Judge look sickly.
(d) Makes Judge look healthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character traits best describe Judge?
2. Who does Laurel find in the kitchen when she wakes?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Laurel gets rooms for herself and Fay?
4. Who's wedding were the bridesmaids a part of?
5. Why does Laurel go to check on Fay after Missouri?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Laurel refuse to gossip about Fay?
2. What does Part 2, Chapter 4 say about the characters of Laurel and Fay?
3. What does the red paint on her father's desk represent to Laurel?
4. What does Laurel find in her mother's sewing room?
5. Why does Laurel return to the hospital?
6. Who else does Laurel grieve in Part 3, Chapter 4?
7. Why is Laurel concerned for her father?
8. Does Fay love Judge?
9. Why does Laurel have dinner with the bridesmaids?
10. What other decision has Fay made about the wake that Laurel dislikes?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)