|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Judge eat on Sundays?
(a) Major Bullock's.
(b) At home.
(d) A restaurant.
2. Why is Laurel trapped?
(a) There is a burglar in the house.
(b) There is a mouse in the kitchen.
(c) There is a bird flying around in the house.
(d) There is a fire in the house.
3. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
(a) Fay's family.
(b) Laurel's boss.
(c) Fay's ex-boyfriend.
(d) Laurel's husband.
4. How many birds are in the house?
(c) Two .
5. What does Laurel remember about her mother as she prepared to go into the hospital?
(a) That she put on makeup.
(b) That she dismissed her medical problems as trival.
(c) That she was a hypochondriac.
(d) That she was frightened.
6. What did Fay leave unmade before going to New Orleans?
(b) A party guest list.
(c) A quilt.
(d) The bed.
7. How often did Laurel's mother write to Judge?
(a) Every day whenever they were apart.
(b) Monthly whenever they were apart.
(c) Weekly whenever they were apart.
(d) Once a year on their anniversary.
8. How does the town react to Judge's death?
(a) The declare a city-wide holiday.
(b) They do not react at all.
(c) The government offices shut down, but school continues as usual.
(d) The government offices shut down and school is let out early.
9. Where is Laurel trapped?
(a) The kitchen..
(b) Her parents bedroom.
(c) Her childhood bedroom.
(d) The bathroom.
10. How did Laurel's grandfather die?
(c) His appendix burst.
(d) Heart attack.
11. What does Laurel hope to find in Judge's library besides her mother's letters?
(a) Speeches he wrote when he was mayor.
(b) The will.
(c) Anything that would explain her father more clearly to her.
(d) Proof that he was her father.
12. Why does Laurel have dinner with the bridesmaids?
(a) To say goodbye.
(b) To remember the good times.
(c) To get drunk and party.
(d) To remember Judge.
13. Why does Fay want to go to Texas?
(a) To bury Judge.
(b) To visit an old boyfriend.
(c) To be with her familiy.
(d) To go to a spa.
14. Where does Laurel believe her father will be buried?
(a) Beside her mother.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In the new section of the cemetery.
(d) In Chicago.
15. What does Laurel hope is in bloom at her mother's grave?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fay's mother pity Laurel?
2. What disturbs Laurel during the funeral service?
3. What does Fay take with her?
4. What did her father's death teach Laurel's mother?
5. Where do the unexpected guests come from?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)