|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the absence of the letters symbolize to Laurel?
(a) Her father's attempts to hide that part of his life from Fay.
(b) The death of her mother.
(c) Judge's lack of emotion for his first wife.
(d) Fay's interference in Judge's life.
2. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
(a) Turn it into a boarding house.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Turn it into a restaurant.
(d) Turn it into a motel.
3. Who called these guests?
(b) Miss Adele.
(d) Major Bullock.
4. Who is the portrait of hanging in Judge's library?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) His Confederate father.
(c) Judge himself.
(d) His Union father.
5. Who do the women blame for Judge marrying Fay?
(a) Judge's first wife.
(d) Miss Adele.
6. Where does Laurel believe her father will be buried?
(a) In Chicago.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In the new section of the cemetery.
(d) Beside her mother.
7. What is Laurel looking for in her father's library?
(a) Judge's checkbook.
(b) The will.
(c) The deed to the house.
(d) Love letters.
8. Where is Laurel trapped?
(a) Her parents bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen..
(d) Her childhood bedroom.
9. Why does Fay want to go to Texas?
(a) To be with her familiy.
(b) To bury Judge.
(c) To go to a spa.
(d) To visit an old boyfriend.
10. What does Fay not do?
(d) Read .
11. Why do the old women dislike Fay?
(a) She made Judge unhappy.
(b) She does not take care of the house.
(c) She will not gossip with them.
(d) She is shallow and unkind.
12. How does the town react to Judge's death?
(a) They do not react at all.
(b) The declare a city-wide holiday.
(c) The government offices shut down and school is let out early.
(d) The government offices shut down, but school continues as usual.
13. Why is the bird attracted to the master bedroom?
(a) It wants out of the house.
(b) It wants to attack Laurel.
(c) There is food in there.
(d) The lights.
14. How old was Judge when he married Fay?
(a) Nearly ninety.
(b) Almost seventy.
15. What do the old women ask Laurel not to do?
(a) Bake bread.
(b) Go back to Chicago.
(c) Find the will.
(d) Work in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the optimist?
2. What does everyone assume Fay will inherit?
3. Who would legally inherit the house if there is no will?
4. Where does the bird come from?
5. Who does Laurel hope to never see again?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)