|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discusses Judge's estate?
(d) Fay's mother.
2. What does Laurel remember about her mother as she prepared to go into the hospital?
(a) That she dismissed her medical problems as trival.
(b) That she put on makeup.
(c) That she was frightened.
(d) That she was a hypochondriac.
3. How does Fay react to her family's arrival?
(a) Fay is annoyed because she told everyone she had no family.
(b) Fay is angry no one told her they were coming.
(c) Fay is relieved to have someone there to comfort her.
(d) Fay is happy, she has not seen her family in years.
4. What does Major Bullock do before leaving Laurel?
(a) Asks if Laurel has found her father's will.
(b) Chases off a burglar.
(c) Reminds her to stop by to say goodbye before she leaves town.
(d) Turns on the lights in the house.
5. Who do the bridesmaids remember over dinner?
(a) Judge and his first wife.
(b) Their own children.
(c) Laurel's husband.
(d) Childhood friends.
6. What does Laurel do when she sees what is in the house?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She shuts all the windows and the upstairs doors.
(c) She goes and gets Major Bullock.
(d) She hides in the garage.
7. What does the pain symbolize to Laurel?
(b) Fay's imprint on everything in Judge's life.
(d) Judge's death.
8. How does Laurel feel about her father's things?
(a) They are a nuisance.
(b) They are comforting and familiar.
(c) They are worth a great deal of money.
(d) They are old fashioned and useless.
9. Why is the bird attracted to the master bedroom?
(a) It wants to attack Laurel.
(b) It wants out of the house.
(c) There is food in there.
(d) The lights.
10. How many birds are in the house?
(c) Two .
11. How long does Laurel plan to stay?
(a) A week.
(b) Three more days.
(c) A month.
12. What does Fay not do?
(b) Read .
13. Who is the portrait of hanging in Judge's library?
(a) Judge himself.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) His Union father.
(d) His Confederate father.
14. What does Laurel hope is in bloom at her mother's grave?
15. Who is it suggested would do the cooking in the house?
(a) Fay's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Laurel trapped?
2. Where does Laurel find herself trapped after she traps the bird in the upstairs hall?
3. Who called these guests?
4. Who does Laurel have dinner with in Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. What does the absence of the letters symbolize to Laurel?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)