|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would legally inherit the house if there is no will?
(b) Miss Adele.
2. Where is Laurel's mother from?
(b) New York.
(c) West Virginia.
3. What does Laurel do when she sees what is in the house?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She goes and gets Major Bullock.
(c) She shuts all the windows and the upstairs doors.
(d) She hides in the garage.
4. How old are most of Laurel's friends' children?
(c) Grammar school aged.
(d) College age.
5. Who discusses Judge's estate?
(c) Fay's mother.
6. What is Laurel looking for in her father's library?
(a) The will.
(b) Love letters.
(c) The deed to the house.
(d) Judge's checkbook.
7. What does Laurel find in the house when she returns?
(a) A bird.
(b) A burglar.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) A dog.
8. What does Fay do when she sees Judge?
(a) Fay declares her love for Judge.
(b) Fay ignores Judge's coffin altogether.
(c) Fay demands Judge get out of the coffin.
(d) Fay apologizes to Judge for being difficult.
9. Who walks Laurel home?
(a) Miss Adele.
(c) Major Bullock.
(d) The bridesmaids.
10. What do the old women think Judge lost?
(a) His will.
(b) His mind.
(c) His judgement.
(d) His wallet.
11. Who comforts Laurel after the funeral?
(c) Miss Adele.
(d) Major Bullock.
12. Who put the paint on the desk?
13. How did Judge react to conflict at home?
(a) He enjoyed it.
(b) He ignored it.
(c) He blamed his wife for it.
(d) He caused it.
14. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
(a) Turn it into a restaurant.
(b) Turn it into a motel.
(c) Turn it into a boarding house.
(d) Sell it.
15. Who do the women hope does not inherit the house?
(a) Miss Adele.
(b) Major Bullock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fay leave unmade before going to New Orleans?
2. What do the old women talk about?
3. How does the town react to Judge's death?
4. Who wants to move in to the house?
5. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)