|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the bird come from?
(a) The garage.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What does Laurel remember about her mother as she prepared to go into the hospital?
(a) That she was a hypochondriac.
(b) That she dismissed her medical problems as trival.
(c) That she put on makeup.
(d) That she was frightened.
3. Where does Fay decide to go?
(b) New York.
4. What did Fay leave unmade before going to New Orleans?
(b) The bed.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A party guest list.
5. What does everyone assume Fay will inherit?
(a) A car.
(b) The law practice.
(c) The house.
(d) A boat.
6. What does Laurel hope to find in Judge's library besides her mother's letters?
(a) The will.
(b) Speeches he wrote when he was mayor.
(c) Anything that would explain her father more clearly to her.
(d) Proof that he was her father.
7. What does Laurel hope is in bloom at her mother's grave?
8. What was significant about the death of Laurel's grandfather?
(a) He died while on vacation.
(b) He died at work.
(c) He died at home.
(d) He died alone.
9. What does the pain symbolize to Laurel?
(a) Judge's death.
(b) Fay's imprint on everything in Judge's life.
10. Why would Judge want to keep evidence of his first wife from Fay?
(a) To keep Fay from destroying them.
(b) To keep Fay from getting jealous.
(c) To keep those memories sacred.
(d) To protect Fay from Judge's continuing feelings for his first wife.
11. What do the old women think Judge lost?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His will.
(c) His mind.
(d) His judgement.
12. Who called these guests?
(a) Major Bullock.
(c) Miss Adele.
13. Who would legally inherit the house if there is no will?
(d) Miss Adele.
14. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
(a) Turn it into a motel.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Turn it into a boarding house.
(d) Turn it into a restaurant.
15. What is Laurel looking for in her father's library?
(a) Judge's checkbook.
(b) The will.
(c) Love letters.
(d) The deed to the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Laurel trapped?
2. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
3. What does Laurel find in the small sewing room attached to her parents room?
4. What color paint does Laurel find on her father's desk?
5. How does Fay react to her family's arrival?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)