|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fay leave unmade before going to New Orleans?
(a) A quilt.
(b) The bed.
(d) A party guest list.
2. Who put the paint on the desk?
3. How old was Judge when he married Fay?
(a) Nearly ninety.
(b) Almost seventy.
4. What does Major Bullock do before leaving Laurel?
(a) Reminds her to stop by to say goodbye before she leaves town.
(b) Turns on the lights in the house.
(c) Chases off a burglar.
(d) Asks if Laurel has found her father's will.
5. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Turn it into a restaurant.
(c) Turn it into a motel.
(d) Turn it into a boarding house.
6. Who walks Laurel home?
(b) Major Bullock.
(c) The bridesmaids.
(d) Miss Adele.
7. Who wants to move in to the house?
(a) Fay's family.
(c) Miss Adele.
8. How did Laurel's grandfather die?
(b) Heart attack.
(d) His appendix burst.
9. Where did Judge eat on Sundays?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Major Bullock's.
(c) At home.
10. What disturbs Laurel during the funeral service?
(a) Fay's crying.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) The noises from the new interstate.
(d) A woodchuck peeking up under the coffin.
11. Why does Fay want to go to Texas?
(a) To visit an old boyfriend.
(b) To go to a spa.
(c) To bury Judge.
(d) To be with her familiy.
12. Where is Judge buried?
(a) In the new section of the cemetery.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) Beside Laurel's mother.
(d) In Chicago.
13. Who comforts Laurel after the funeral?
(a) Miss Adele.
(d) Major Bullock.
14. What was significant about the death of Laurel's grandfather?
(a) He died alone.
(b) He died while on vacation.
(c) He died at work.
(d) He died at home.
15. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
(a) Fay's family.
(b) Fay's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Laurel's boss.
(d) Laurel's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the women hope does not inherit the house?
2. How many birds are in the house?
3. What does Laurel do when she sees what is in the house?
4. Where does Laurel find herself trapped after she traps the bird in the upstairs hall?
5. What does Laurel hope is in bloom at her mother's grave?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)