|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
(a) Turn it into a boarding house.
(b) Turn it into a restaurant.
(c) Turn it into a motel.
(d) Sell it.
2. Where is Judge buried?
(a) In the new section of the cemetery.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In Chicago.
(d) Beside Laurel's mother.
3. What do the old women talk about?
(a) The funeral.
(c) The weather.
4. Who does Laurel have dinner with in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(b) Miss Adele.
(d) The bridesmaids.
5. Who called these guests?
(c) Miss Adele.
(d) Major Bullock.
6. Who do the women hope does not inherit the house?
(a) Miss Adele.
(d) Major Bullock.
7. What did Fay leave unmade before going to New Orleans?
(a) A party guest list.
(b) The bed.
(d) A quilt.
8. How does the town react to Judge's death?
(a) The declare a city-wide holiday.
(b) They do not react at all.
(c) The government offices shut down, but school continues as usual.
(d) The government offices shut down and school is let out early.
9. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
(a) Fay's ex-boyfriend.
(b) Laurel's boss.
(c) Laurel's husband.
(d) Fay's family.
10. Where is Laurel trapped?
(a) The kitchen..
(b) Her parents bedroom.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) Her childhood bedroom.
11. How does Laurel feel about her father's things?
(a) They are comforting and familiar.
(b) They are a nuisance.
(c) They are worth a great deal of money.
(d) They are old fashioned and useless.
12. Where do the unexpected guests come from?
(d) New York.
13. Who do the bridesmaids remember over dinner?
(a) Laurel's husband.
(b) Judge and his first wife.
(c) Their own children.
(d) Childhood friends.
14. How often did Laurel's mother write to Judge?
(a) Once a year on their anniversary.
(b) Every day whenever they were apart.
(c) Weekly whenever they were apart.
(d) Monthly whenever they were apart.
15. Who do they women think Fay takes after?
(a) Judge's first wife.
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the optimist?
2. What did her father's death teach Laurel's mother?
3. How long does Laurel plan to stay?
4. What does Laurel find in her father's library?
5. What disturbs Laurel during the funeral service?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)