|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the old women dislike Fay?
(a) She is shallow and unkind.
(b) She does not take care of the house.
(c) She will not gossip with them.
(d) She made Judge unhappy.
2. Where is Laurel trapped?
(a) Her childhood bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen..
(d) Her parents bedroom.
3. What is Laurel looking for in her father's library?
(a) Love letters.
(b) The deed to the house.
(c) Judge's checkbook.
(d) The will.
4. Who called these guests?
(b) Miss Adele.
(c) Major Bullock.
5. How often did Laurel's mother write to Judge?
(a) Weekly whenever they were apart.
(b) Monthly whenever they were apart.
(c) Once a year on their anniversary.
(d) Every day whenever they were apart.
6. Who comforts Laurel after the funeral?
(a) Miss Adele.
(c) Major Bullock.
7. What does Fay take with her?
(a) Judge's checkbook.
(b) The china.
(c) The will.
(d) A Virginia ham.
8. Where does Laurel believe her father will be buried?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) In Chicago.
(c) In the new section of the cemetery.
(d) Beside her mother.
9. How does Fay react to her family's arrival?
(a) Fay is relieved to have someone there to comfort her.
(b) Fay is annoyed because she told everyone she had no family.
(c) Fay is happy, she has not seen her family in years.
(d) Fay is angry no one told her they were coming.
10. What does Fay not do?
(d) Read .
11. What do the old women ask Laurel not to do?
(a) Go back to Chicago.
(b) Bake bread.
(c) Find the will.
(d) Work in the garden.
12. Why does Fay's mother pity Laurel?
(a) She believes no one is there to support and comfort Laurel.
(b) She feels bad that Laurel is now an orphan.
(c) She knows Laurel is a widow and worries her father's death has brought back too many memories.
(d) She knows Laurel dislikes Fay.
13. What do the old women think Judge lost?
(a) His will.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His mind.
(d) His judgement.
14. Who do the bridesmaids remember over dinner?
(a) Laurel's husband.
(b) Childhood friends.
(c) Judge and his first wife.
(d) Their own children.
15. Where is Judge buried?
(a) In the new section of the cemetery.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) Beside Laurel's mother.
(d) In Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Laurel believe her home is?
2. Who is the portrait of hanging in Judge's library?
3. Who was the optimist?
4. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
5. Who does Laurel have dinner with in Part 3, Chapter 3?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)