|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the portrait of hanging in Judge's library?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) Judge himself.
(c) His Union father.
(d) His Confederate father.
2. Where does the bird come from?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The garage.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What is Laurel doing when the neighbors come over?
(b) Cleaning out closets.
(c) Working in her father's garden.
4. How long after his first wife died did Judge marry Fay?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty years.
5. Who do they women think Fay takes after?
(b) Judge's first wife.
(c) Her mother.
6. Who comforts Laurel after the funeral?
(a) Major Bullock.
(b) Miss Adele.
7. Who wants to move in to the house?
(b) Miss Adele.
(c) Fay's family.
8. Where did Judge eat on Sundays?
(a) A restaurant.
(c) At home.
(d) Major Bullock's.
9. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
(a) Turn it into a restaurant.
(b) Turn it into a boarding house.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Turn it into a motel.
10. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
(a) Fay's ex-boyfriend.
(b) Fay's family.
(c) Laurel's husband.
(d) Laurel's boss.
11. Why does Fay want to go to Texas?
(a) To be with her familiy.
(b) To bury Judge.
(c) To visit an old boyfriend.
(d) To go to a spa.
12. Who does Laurel hope to never see again?
(a) The bridesmaids.
(b) Fay's mother.
13. What does Fay not do?
(c) Read .
14. Why do the old women dislike Fay?
(a) She will not gossip with them.
(b) She is shallow and unkind.
(c) She made Judge unhappy.
(d) She does not take care of the house.
15. What did her father's death teach Laurel's mother?
(a) To never go on vacation alone.
(b) To always remember her yearly medical checkup.
(c) To know the symtoms of a heart attack.
(d) To always know herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the women hope does not inherit the house?
2. Where did the paint come from?
3. Who do the bridesmaids remember over dinner?
4. Who does Laurel wish she could talk to?
5. What does Laurel do when she sees what is in the house?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)