|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Judge react to conflict at home?
(a) He enjoyed it.
(b) He caused it.
(c) He ignored it.
(d) He blamed his wife for it.
2. Who is the portrait of hanging in Judge's library?
(a) His Confederate father.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) Judge himself.
(d) His Union father.
3. Who do the bridesmaids remember over dinner?
(a) Their own children.
(b) Laurel's husband.
(c) Childhood friends.
(d) Judge and his first wife.
4. Why is Laurel saddened when she thinks of Phil?
(a) He stole from her.
(b) He hurt her feelings.
(c) He died too young.
(d) He ran away.
5. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
(a) Laurel's boss.
(b) Fay's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Laurel's husband.
(d) Fay's family.
6. What does Fay take with her?
(a) A Virginia ham.
(b) Judge's checkbook.
(c) The will.
(d) The china.
7. What do the old women talk about?
(b) The weather.
(c) The funeral.
8. Where does Laurel believe her father will be buried?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) In Chicago.
(c) In the new section of the cemetery.
(d) Beside her mother.
9. How old are most of Laurel's friends' children?
(b) Grammar school aged.
(d) College age.
10. How does Laurel feel about her father's things?
(a) They are comforting and familiar.
(b) They are worth a great deal of money.
(c) They are a nuisance.
(d) They are old fashioned and useless.
11. What does Major Bullock do before leaving Laurel?
(a) Asks if Laurel has found her father's will.
(b) Reminds her to stop by to say goodbye before she leaves town.
(c) Chases off a burglar.
(d) Turns on the lights in the house.
12. What does Fay not do?
(c) Read .
13. Who does Laurel blame for her father's death?
(a) The nurses.
(d) The doctor.
14. Who does Laurel hope to never see again?
(a) The bridesmaids.
(b) Fay's mother.
15. Why do the old women dislike Fay?
(a) She does not take care of the house.
(b) She made Judge unhappy.
(c) She will not gossip with them.
(d) She is shallow and unkind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laurel remember her mother when they went to West Virginia?
2. Who discusses Judge's estate?
3. How does the town react to Judge's death?
4. How did Laurel's grandfather die?
5. Where do the unexpected guests come from?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)