|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Laurel's mother from?
(b) West Virginia.
(c) New York.
2. How did Laurel's grandfather die?
(c) Heart attack.
(d) His appendix burst.
3. What does Laurel hope is in bloom at her mother's grave?
4. What does Fay not do?
(d) Read .
5. Where is Laurel trapped?
(a) Her childhood bedroom.
(b) Her parents bedroom.
(c) The kitchen..
(d) The bathroom.
6. Who remains in the house?
(b) Major Bullock.
(d) Miss Adele.
7. How often did Laurel's mother write to Judge?
(a) Every day whenever they were apart.
(b) Monthly whenever they were apart.
(c) Once a year on their anniversary.
(d) Weekly whenever they were apart.
8. What does everyone assume Fay will inherit?
(a) The house.
(b) A car.
(c) The law practice.
(d) A boat.
9. What does Fay do when she sees Judge?
(a) Fay apologizes to Judge for being difficult.
(b) Fay declares her love for Judge.
(c) Fay ignores Judge's coffin altogether.
(d) Fay demands Judge get out of the coffin.
10. What do the old women talk about?
(a) The funeral.
(c) The weather.
11. Why does Fay want to go to Texas?
(a) To go to a spa.
(b) To be with her familiy.
(c) To visit an old boyfriend.
(d) To bury Judge.
12. How old was Judge when he married Fay?
(a) Almost seventy.
(c) Nearly ninety.
13. Who comforts Laurel after the funeral?
(a) Major Bullock.
(c) Miss Adele.
14. Where does Laurel believe her father will be buried?
(a) In the new section of the cemetery.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In Chicago.
(d) Beside her mother.
15. Who is it suggested would do the cooking in the house?
(c) Fay's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was significant about the death of Laurel's grandfather?
2. What did Fay leave unmade before going to New Orleans?
3. How does Fay react to her family's arrival?
4. Who would legally inherit the house if there is no will?
5. How long does Laurel plan to stay?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)