|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discusses Judge's estate?
(d) Fay's mother.
2. What does Laurel hope is in bloom at her mother's grave?
3. What do the old women talk about?
(a) The funeral.
(b) The weather.
4. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
(a) Fay's ex-boyfriend.
(b) Laurel's boss.
(c) Laurel's husband.
(d) Fay's family.
5. Who called these guests?
(a) Major Bullock.
(c) Miss Adele.
6. Who put the paint on the desk?
7. How does Fay react to her family's arrival?
(a) Fay is happy, she has not seen her family in years.
(b) Fay is annoyed because she told everyone she had no family.
(c) Fay is relieved to have someone there to comfort her.
(d) Fay is angry no one told her they were coming.
8. What does Fay do when she sees Judge?
(a) Fay demands Judge get out of the coffin.
(b) Fay ignores Judge's coffin altogether.
(c) Fay declares her love for Judge.
(d) Fay apologizes to Judge for being difficult.
9. Who is it suggested would do the cooking in the house?
(d) Fay's mother.
10. Where did Judge eat on Sundays?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Major Bullock's.
(d) At home.
11. What does the absence of the letters symbolize to Laurel?
(a) Judge's lack of emotion for his first wife.
(b) Fay's interference in Judge's life.
(c) The death of her mother.
(d) Her father's attempts to hide that part of his life from Fay.
12. What does Laurel find in her father's library?
(a) Speeches from when he was mayor.
(b) Love letters.
(d) The will.
13. How did Laurel's grandfather die?
(c) His appendix burst.
(d) Heart attack.
14. What does Laurel remember about her mother as she prepared to go into the hospital?
(a) That she was frightened.
(b) That she was a hypochondriac.
(c) That she put on makeup.
(d) That she dismissed her medical problems as trival.
15. Why does Laurel have dinner with the bridesmaids?
(a) To remember Judge.
(b) To get drunk and party.
(c) To say goodbye.
(d) To remember the good times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the portrait of hanging in Judge's library?
2. Who comforts Laurel after the funeral?
3. Who remains in the house?
4. How old are most of Laurel's friends' children?
5. Who would legally inherit the house if there is no will?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)