|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fay react to her family's arrival?
(a) Fay is relieved to have someone there to comfort her.
(b) Fay is happy, she has not seen her family in years.
(c) Fay is annoyed because she told everyone she had no family.
(d) Fay is angry no one told her they were coming.
2. Who wants to move in to the house?
(c) Miss Adele.
(d) Fay's family.
3. What did her father's death teach Laurel's mother?
(a) To always know herself.
(b) To never go on vacation alone.
(c) To know the symtoms of a heart attack.
(d) To always remember her yearly medical checkup.
4. What does Laurel do when she sees what is in the house?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She hides in the garage.
(c) She shuts all the windows and the upstairs doors.
(d) She goes and gets Major Bullock.
5. Who do the women blame for Judge marrying Fay?
(a) Miss Adele.
(d) Judge's first wife.
6. How often did Laurel's mother write to Judge?
(a) Weekly whenever they were apart.
(b) Monthly whenever they were apart.
(c) Every day whenever they were apart.
(d) Once a year on their anniversary.
7. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
(a) Turn it into a motel.
(b) Turn it into a restaurant.
(c) Turn it into a boarding house.
(d) Sell it.
8. Why do the old women dislike Fay?
(a) She will not gossip with them.
(b) She made Judge unhappy.
(c) She does not take care of the house.
(d) She is shallow and unkind.
9. What is Laurel looking for in her father's library?
(a) Love letters.
(b) Judge's checkbook.
(c) The will.
(d) The deed to the house.
10. Why does Fay want to go to Texas?
(a) To visit an old boyfriend.
(b) To bury Judge.
(c) To be with her familiy.
(d) To go to a spa.
11. Why is the bird attracted to the master bedroom?
(a) It wants to attack Laurel.
(b) It wants out of the house.
(c) There is food in there.
(d) The lights.
12. Where does Laurel find herself trapped after she traps the bird in the upstairs hall?
(a) Her childhood bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The master bedroom.
(d) The garage.
13. Where do the unexpected guests come from?
(c) New York.
14. What was the little room off the master bedroom before it was a sewing room?
(a) An office for Judge.
(b) Laurel's nursery.
(c) A closet.
(d) A bathroom.
15. Who would legally inherit the house if there is no will?
(c) Miss Adele.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the old women talk about?
2. Why does Fay's mother pity Laurel?
3. Why is Laurel trapped?
4. How does Laurel feel about her father's things?
5. Who discusses Judge's estate?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)