|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Laurel have dinner with in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(b) Miss Adele.
(d) The bridesmaids.
2. How does the town react to Judge's death?
(a) The government offices shut down, but school continues as usual.
(b) The government offices shut down and school is let out early.
(c) They do not react at all.
(d) The declare a city-wide holiday.
3. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
(a) Turn it into a boarding house.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Turn it into a motel.
(d) Turn it into a restaurant.
4. Who does Laurel hope to never see again?
(a) Fay's mother.
(d) The bridesmaids.
5. Who called these guests?
(a) Miss Adele.
(c) Major Bullock.
6. What is Laurel looking for in her father's library?
(a) Judge's checkbook.
(b) The will.
(c) Love letters.
(d) The deed to the house.
7. What do the old women think Judge lost?
(a) His will.
(b) His judgement.
(c) His mind.
(d) His wallet.
8. What is in her mother's desk?
(a) The love letters her mother wrote to her father.
(b) Pictures of Judge with Fay.
(c) Pictures of her mother and another man.
(d) Childhood momentoes, such as report cards.
9. What does Laurel remember about her mother as she prepared to go into the hospital?
(a) That she was a hypochondriac.
(b) That she put on makeup.
(c) That she was frightened.
(d) That she dismissed her medical problems as trival.
10. How did Laurel's grandfather die?
(c) Heart attack.
(d) His appendix burst.
11. Why does Laurel have dinner with the bridesmaids?
(a) To say goodbye.
(b) To get drunk and party.
(c) To remember Judge.
(d) To remember the good times.
12. What disturbs Laurel during the funeral service?
(a) Fay's crying.
(b) A woodchuck peeking up under the coffin.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) The noises from the new interstate.
13. Why is Laurel trapped?
(a) There is a burglar in the house.
(b) There is a mouse in the kitchen.
(c) There is a fire in the house.
(d) There is a bird flying around in the house.
14. Why does Fay's mother pity Laurel?
(a) She knows Laurel is a widow and worries her father's death has brought back too many memories.
(b) She feels bad that Laurel is now an orphan.
(c) She believes no one is there to support and comfort Laurel.
(d) She knows Laurel dislikes Fay.
15. Who is the portrait of hanging in Judge's library?
(a) Judge himself.
(b) His Confederate father.
(c) His Union father.
(d) The President of the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Laurel after the funeral?
2. Who is it suggested would do the cooking in the house?
3. What does Laurel find in her father's library?
4. What is Laurel doing when the neighbors come over?
5. What does Fay not do?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)