|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the old women dislike Fay?
(a) She will not gossip with them.
(b) She is shallow and unkind.
(c) She made Judge unhappy.
(d) She does not take care of the house.
2. Who do the bridesmaids remember over dinner?
(a) Laurel's husband.
(b) Their own children.
(c) Judge and his first wife.
(d) Childhood friends.
3. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
(a) Turn it into a restaurant.
(b) Turn it into a boarding house.
(c) Turn it into a motel.
(d) Sell it.
4. What does Major Bullock do before leaving Laurel?
(a) Asks if Laurel has found her father's will.
(b) Turns on the lights in the house.
(c) Chases off a burglar.
(d) Reminds her to stop by to say goodbye before she leaves town.
5. What disturbs Laurel during the funeral service?
(a) Fay's crying.
(b) A woodchuck peeking up under the coffin.
(c) The noises from the new interstate.
(d) A mosquito.
6. How many birds are in the house?
(d) Two .
7. What do the old women talk about?
(b) The funeral.
(d) The weather.
8. How long does Laurel plan to stay?
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Three more days.
9. What does everyone assume Fay will inherit?
(a) A car.
(b) A boat.
(c) The law practice.
(d) The house.
10. What was significant about the death of Laurel's grandfather?
(a) He died at work.
(b) He died alone.
(c) He died at home.
(d) He died while on vacation.
11. Who called these guests?
(b) Miss Adele.
(d) Major Bullock.
12. Who does Laurel hope to never see again?
(a) Fay's mother.
(d) The bridesmaids.
13. Who comforts Laurel after the funeral?
(a) Major Bullock.
(c) Miss Adele.
14. Where do the unexpected guests come from?
(b) New York.
15. What does Laurel do when she sees what is in the house?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She hides in the garage.
(c) She shuts all the windows and the upstairs doors.
(d) She goes and gets Major Bullock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laurel doing when the neighbors come over?
2. Why does Fay want to go to Texas?
3. Why would Judge want to keep evidence of his first wife from Fay?
4. Where is Judge buried?
5. What does Laurel remember about her mother as she prepared to go into the hospital?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)