|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disturbs Laurel during the funeral service?
(a) A mosquito.
(b) A woodchuck peeking up under the coffin.
(c) Fay's crying.
(d) The noises from the new interstate.
2. Why do the old women dislike Fay?
(a) She is shallow and unkind.
(b) She made Judge unhappy.
(c) She will not gossip with them.
(d) She does not take care of the house.
3. Why does Fay want to go to Texas?
(a) To bury Judge.
(b) To be with her familiy.
(c) To visit an old boyfriend.
(d) To go to a spa.
4. How did Judge react to conflict at home?
(a) He ignored it.
(b) He blamed his wife for it.
(c) He caused it.
(d) He enjoyed it.
5. Who do they women think Fay takes after?
(b) Judge's first wife.
(d) Her mother.
6. How old was Judge when he married Fay?
(a) Nearly ninety.
(c) Almost seventy.
7. Who is the portrait of hanging in Judge's library?
(a) His Union father.
(b) Judge himself.
(c) His Confederate father.
(d) The President of the United States.
8. What is in her mother's desk?
(a) Pictures of her mother and another man.
(b) Childhood momentoes, such as report cards.
(c) The love letters her mother wrote to her father.
(d) Pictures of Judge with Fay.
9. Why does Laurel have dinner with the bridesmaids?
(a) To remember the good times.
(b) To say goodbye.
(c) To get drunk and party.
(d) To remember Judge.
10. Who do the women blame for Judge marrying Fay?
(a) Judge's first wife.
(d) Miss Adele.
11. Who do the women hope does not inherit the house?
(b) Miss Adele.
(d) Major Bullock.
12. Who wants to move in to the house?
(a) Fay's family.
(b) Miss Adele.
13. Who does Laurel hope to never see again?
(a) The bridesmaids.
(c) Fay's mother.
14. Where does Fay decide to go?
(d) New York.
15. How did Laurel's grandfather die?
(a) Heart attack.
(d) His appendix burst.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurel hope is in bloom at her mother's grave?
2. How often did Laurel's mother write to Judge?
3. How long does Laurel plan to stay?
4. What did her father's death teach Laurel's mother?
5. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)