|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Major Bullock do before leaving Laurel?
(a) Chases off a burglar.
(b) Turns on the lights in the house.
(c) Asks if Laurel has found her father's will.
(d) Reminds her to stop by to say goodbye before she leaves town.
2. How does Fay react to her family's arrival?
(a) Fay is relieved to have someone there to comfort her.
(b) Fay is annoyed because she told everyone she had no family.
(c) Fay is happy, she has not seen her family in years.
(d) Fay is angry no one told her they were coming.
3. Who does Laurel wish she could talk to?
(c) Her Bridesmaids.
(d) Her mother.
4. Why is Laurel trapped?
(a) There is a bird flying around in the house.
(b) There is a mouse in the kitchen.
(c) There is a burglar in the house.
(d) There is a fire in the house.
5. Who does Laurel hope to never see again?
(a) The bridesmaids.
(d) Fay's mother.
6. What color paint does Laurel find on her father's desk?
7. Who put the paint on the desk?
8. Where is Judge buried?
(a) In the new section of the cemetery.
(b) Beside Laurel's mother.
(c) In Chicago.
(d) In New Orleans.
9. What frustrated Laurel's mother?
(a) Judge's lack of passion.
(b) Judge's lack of money.
(c) Judge's job.
(d) Judge's cars.
10. What is suggested Fay do with the house?
(a) Turn it into a boarding house.
(b) Turn it into a restaurant.
(c) Turn it into a motel.
(d) Sell it.
11. Who are the surprised guests who arrive at the house the morning of the funeral?
(a) Laurel's boss.
(b) Fay's family.
(c) Laurel's husband.
(d) Fay's ex-boyfriend.
12. What did Judge think was enough?
(a) Giving his wife a house and cars.
(b) Giving his wife a child.
(c) Giving his wife money.
(d) Giving his wife material things she needed.
13. What did Laurel's mother like to do when she went home to West Virginia?
(a) Ride horses.
(b) Hike and pick wild flowers.
(d) Explore and watch birds.
14. Where does the bird come from?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garage.
15. How did Judge react to conflict at home?
(a) He ignored it.
(b) He enjoyed it.
(c) He caused it.
(d) He blamed his wife for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fay do when she sees Judge?
2. What is Laurel looking for in her father's library?
3. Who does Laurel blame for her father's death?
4. Where do the unexpected guests come from?
5. Why do the old women dislike Fay?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)