|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
(a) By train.
(b) By bus.
(c) By plane.
(d) By car.
2. Who is Miss Adele's brother?
(a) Dr. Courtland.
(b) Major Bullock.
(c) Laurel's husband.
3. Who's wedding were the bridesmaids a part of?
(b) Judge's first wedding.
(d) Major Bullock's.
4. What day is it when Judge dies.
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Laurel's birthday.
(c) Fay's birthday.
(d) Christmas Day.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye?
(a) It is healing, he just needs to be patient.
(b) It is infected.
(c) It is not healing properly.
(d) It is healing, but he will not regain his sight in that eye.
6. What does Laurel see in Judge's face after Fay's abuse?
(a) Laurel sees that Judge is angry.
(b) Laurel sees that Judge is dying.
(c) Laurel sees that Judge is in love with Fay.
(d) Laurel sees that Judge's eye has been reinjured.
7. How does Judge look after surgery?
(a) Awful, he has bruises and tubes in his arms.
(b) Good, he looks like he always has.
(c) Awful, His head is wrapped in bandages and their are sandbags beside his face.
(d) Good, he only has a patch on his eye.
8. What city does Laurel live in?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
9. Who does Laurel find in the kitchen when she wakes?
(a) The bridesmaids.
(c) Miss Adele.
10. What does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye three weeks after the surgery?
(a) That Judge will never see again.
(b) That Judge is depressed, causing the eye to heal slowly.
(c) That the healing is taking too long.
(d) That it is healing, just slowly, and Judge has some vision.
11. What does Judge do while Laurel reads to him?
(b) Watches television.
(c) Watches her with his good eye.
(d) Ignores her.
12. How does Fay react when Dr. Courtland says Judge has died?
(a) Fay tells Dr. Courtland she does not believe him.
(b) Fay accuses Dr.Courtland of killing her husband.
(c) Fay accuses Dr. Courtland of allowing Judge to die on her birthday.
(d) Fay thanks Dr. Courtland for all his hard work.
13. Who does Dr. Courtland call to meet Fay and Laurel in Mississippi?
(a) His sister, Miss Adele.
(b) Major Bullock, Judge's good friend.
(c) The bridesmaids, Laurel's close friends.
(d) Missouri, Judge's maid.
14. What does Laurel hear when she approaches the Judge's room the night he dies?
(a) Fay yelling at Judge.
(b) Fay confessing to an affair.
(c) Fay conspiring with the nurse to kill Judge.
(d) Fay telling Judge about her plans to return to Mississippi.
15. Who are the bridesmaids?
(a) Friends of Fay's.
(b) Friends of Judge's.
(c) Friends of Miss Adele.
(d) Friends of Laurel's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Courtland do when he arrives in Judge's room the night Fay abuses Judge?
2. What is unusual about Judge's behavior during his recovery?
3. What does Laurel do with Judge during her time with him?
4. Why is Fay unhappy with Judge's circumstances?
5. Why is Laurel upset that Fay wants the coffin to be open?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)