|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes arrangements for Laurel and Fay's living space and Judge's care?
(c) Dr. Courtland.
2. Who's wedding were the bridesmaids a part of?
(b) Judge's first wedding.
(c) Major Bullock's.
3. Why is Fay unhappy with Judge's circumstances?
(a) Fay is worried about money.
(b) Fay is unhappy that she is in New Orleans but unable to attend carnival.
(c) Fay is worried about his health.
(d) Fay is anxious to get home.
4. What does Judge do while Laurel reads to him?
(b) Watches television.
(c) Watches her with his good eye.
(d) Ignores her.
5. What was Judge doing when he experienced symptoms related to his doctor's visit?
(b) Standing on the porch after pruning the roses.
(c) Arguing with Fay.
(d) Eating lunch.
6. Who arrives while Missouri is taking Fay her breakfast?
(a) The bridesmaids.
(b) Major Bullock.
(c) Miss Adele.
(d) Mr. Pitts.
7. What does Fay do when Laurel tells her Judge might be dying?
(a) Fay faints.
(b) Fay becomes hysterical with grief.
(c) Fay laughs.
(d) Fay spits on Laurel.
8. What day is it when Judge dies.
(a) Laurel's birthday.
(b) Fay's birthday.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
9. What does the nurse tell Laurel about Fay when she arrives?
(a) The nurse says Fay was shaking Judge.
(b) The nurse says Fay was smoothering Judge.
(c) The nurse says Fay was cursing at Judge.
(d) The nurse says Fay was giving Judge an injection.
10. Who is waiting with Fay at the hospital?
(a) Dr. Courtland.
(b) Major Bullock.
(d) Miss Adele.
11. What does Miss Adele bring?
(b) A casserole.
12. Who does Fay send to the funeral home with Judge's clothes?
(a) Miss Adele.
(b) The bridesmaids.
(c) Major Bullock.
13. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
(a) By plane.
(b) By train.
(c) By bus.
(d) By car.
14. Why can Judge not be moved?
(a) Movement could dislodge the repaired retina.
(b) Movement could make him blind.
(c) Movement could cause death.
(d) Movement could cause a stroke.
15. What does Fay accuse Laurel of doing to Judge?
(a) Causing his eye problems.
(b) Abandoning him.
(c) Insulting him.
(d) Abusing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Fay and Judge get married?
2. What does Laurel see in Judge's face after Fay's abuse?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Laurel gets rooms for herself and Fay?
4. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
5. Who does Laurel find in the kitchen when she wakes?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)