|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Judge ask for when he wakes after surgery?
(c) Dr. Courtland.
(d) Miss Adele.
2. What does Laurel believe the lining of the coffin does to her father?
(a) Makes Judge look healthy.
(b) Makes Judge look feminine.
(c) Makes Judge look sickly.
(d) Makes Judge look like a seashell.
3. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By plane.
(d) By bus.
4. Who does Fay send to the funeral home with Judge's clothes?
(a) Miss Adele.
(b) Major Bullock.
(d) The bridesmaids.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye?
(a) It is infected.
(b) It is healing, but he will not regain his sight in that eye.
(c) It is healing, he just needs to be patient.
(d) It is not healing properly.
6. Why is Laurel concerned about her father?
(a) Laurel is a worrier who is always concerned about her loved ones.
(b) Judge normally does not admit to concerns for his personal health.
(c) Laurel thinks he is being abused.
(d) Judge has been sick for a long time.
7. What does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye three weeks after the surgery?
(a) That Judge is depressed, causing the eye to heal slowly.
(b) That the healing is taking too long.
(c) That Judge will never see again.
(d) That it is healing, just slowly, and Judge has some vision.
8. What does Fay say when Laurel tells her to get up?
(a) Fay says she is the widow and everyone will wait for her.
(b) Fay says she is too depressed to get up.
(c) Fay says she does not want to go to the funeral.
(d) Fay says she is ill.
9. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) Six months.
(d) A week.
10. Where did Fay and Judge get married?
(a) Gulf Coast Hotel.
(b) Judge's backyard.
(c) The Baptist church.
(d) The county courthouse.
11. Who is Fay?
(a) Judge's Wife.
(b) Laurel's Sister.
(c) Laurel's Cousin.
(d) Judge's Sister.
12. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
(a) Fay says she is on a diet and cannot have sweets in the house.
(b) Fay says for them to take it all away.
(c) Fay says thank you.
(d) Fay says she did not know she was throwing a reception.
13. What does Laurel do after the nurse tells her about Fay's abuse toward Judge?
(a) Laurel calls Dr. Courtland.
(b) Laurel callst he police.
(c) Laurel fires the nurse.
(d) Laurel goes into Judge's room.
14. Where does Laurel put Miss Adele's gift?
(a) Her father's desk.
(b) The dining room table.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
15. Why does Judge refuse to ask Laurel about her work?
(a) Judge would rather talk about himself.
(b) Judge feels bad for forcing Laurel into idleness.
(c) Judge is angry with Laurel for coming to New Orleans.
(d) Judge does not care about Laurel's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fay's job when she met Judge?
2. Who tells Laurel and Fay the surgery is over?
3. What character traits best describe Fay?
4. Who's wedding were the bridesmaids a part of?
5. Why does Laurel decide to return to the hospital the night Judge dies?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)