Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurel fly to New Orleans?
(a) To go to a funeral.
(b) To go with Judge to the eye doctor.
(c) To attend a family reunion.
(d) To attend a business conference.
2. How does Fay react when Dr. Courtland says Judge has died?
(a) Fay accuses Dr. Courtland of allowing Judge to die on her birthday.
(b) Fay thanks Dr. Courtland for all his hard work.
(c) Fay tells Dr. Courtland she does not believe him.
(d) Fay accuses Dr.Courtland of killing her husband.
3. Who is waiting with Fay at the hospital?
(a) Major Bullock.
(c) Miss Adele.
(d) Dr. Courtland.
4. Why does Judge need to see the doctor?
(a) Judge has high blood pressure.
(b) Judge needs immunizations to travel.
(c) Judge is having trouble with his eye sight.
(d) Judge has been feeling sick to his stomach.
5. Where does Laurel put Miss Adele's gift?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Her father's desk.
(c) The dining room table.
(d) The living room.
6. What does Miss Adele say about death?
(a) Death is something to look forward to.
(b) Death is painful and unfair.
(c) People cannot avoid death.
(d) People live their own way and die their own way.
7. What does Fay say when Laurel tells her to get up?
(a) Fay says she is the widow and everyone will wait for her.
(b) Fay says she is ill.
(c) Fay says she is too depressed to get up.
(d) Fay says she does not want to go to the funeral.
8. What shocks Laurel about her parent's bedroom?
(a) Fay has covered everything in peach satin.
(b) There are no pictures of Laurel in the room.
(c) The furniture is all different.
(d) Laurel's mother's desk is missing.
9. Why can Judge not be moved?
(a) Movement could make him blind.
(b) Movement could cause a stroke.
(c) Movement could cause death.
(d) Movement could dislodge the repaired retina.
10. What is name of the family introduced in Part 1, Chapter 1?
11. Why is Laurel concerned about her father?
(a) Judge normally does not admit to concerns for his personal health.
(b) Judge has been sick for a long time.
(c) Laurel thinks he is being abused.
(d) Laurel is a worrier who is always concerned about her loved ones.
12. What does Fay tell Judge after he wakes?
(a) That he looks good.
(b) That it's a good thing he cannot see himself.
(c) That she's happy he is alive.
(d) That she loves him.
13. How does Fay react to the doctor's recommendation?
(a) Fay is concerned and insists on staying at Judge's side through the whole ordeal.
(b) Fay is annoyed by the entire ordeal, believing if they ignore it it will get better on its own.
(c) Fay is bored by the whole situation.
(d) Fay goes home and leaves Laurel to deal with the situation.
14. What does Judge do while Laurel reads to him?
(a) Ignores her.
(c) Watches her with his good eye.
(d) Watches television.
15. How does Judge look after surgery?
(a) Awful, he has bruises and tubes in his arms.
(b) Good, he only has a patch on his eye.
(c) Awful, His head is wrapped in bandages and their are sandbags beside his face.
(d) Good, he looks like he always has.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character traits best describe Fay?
2. Who is Fay?
3. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
4. Why is Laurel upset that Fay wants the coffin to be open?
5. Who makes arrangements for Laurel and Fay's living space and Judge's care?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)