|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fay tell Judge after he wakes?
(a) That she's happy he is alive.
(b) That it's a good thing he cannot see himself.
(c) That he looks good.
(d) That she loves him.
2. How are they transported to the hospital?
(a) Shuttle boat.
(d) Private car.
3. What does Laurel hear when she approaches the Judge's room the night he dies?
(a) Fay telling Judge about her plans to return to Mississippi.
(b) Fay confessing to an affair.
(c) Fay conspiring with the nurse to kill Judge.
(d) Fay yelling at Judge.
4. What does Laurel do with Judge during her time with him?
(a) Laurel talks to Judge about her dislike of Fay.
(b) Laurel reads to Judge.
(c) Watches television.
(d) Laurel works on her fashion designs.
5. What makes Fay upset when they arrive back in Mississippi?
(a) That Laurel refuses to continue on to Chicago.
(b) That she is forced to see Judge's coffin.
(c) That no one is there to meet her.
(d) That she is awaken by the porter.
6. Why does Laurel fly to New Orleans?
(a) To attend a business conference.
(b) To go with Judge to the eye doctor.
(c) To attend a family reunion.
(d) To go to a funeral.
7. What is Fay's mood as they wait for Judge to return from surgery?
(a) She is happy Judge is getting the treatment he needs.
(b) She is worried about the cost of the hospital bill.
(c) She is worried about Judge.
(d) Annoyed that she is in New Orleans but stuck in a hospital room.
8. What shocks Laurel about her parent's bedroom?
(a) There are no pictures of Laurel in the room.
(b) Fay has covered everything in peach satin.
(c) The furniture is all different.
(d) Laurel's mother's desk is missing.
9. Who attempts to befriend Fay at the Hibiscus Hotel?
(a) Miss Adele.
(c) Dr. Courtland.
10. What is Judge's outlook on life?
(a) He is an optimist.
(b) He is glum.
(c) He is neither optomistic nor pessimistic,but in between.
(d) He is a pessimist.
11. What is significant about Fay's age?
(a) Fay is a child, therefore a hinderance to the situation.
(b) Fay is a teenager, therefore she is indifferent to Judge's situation.
(c) Fay is elderly, therefore her presence at the doctor's office is a toll on her.
(d) Fay is much younger than Judge and younger than Fay by a few years, therefore she has trouble empathizing with Judge's situation.
12. Who does Judge ask for when he wakes after surgery?
(b) Dr. Courtland.
(c) Miss Adele.
13. Who does Laurel find in the kitchen when she wakes?
(a) Miss Adele.
(d) The bridesmaids.
14. What is unusual about Judge's behavior during his recovery?
(a) He talks incessantly.
(b) He watches television constantly.
(c) He never asks about his eye.
(d) He refuses to eat.
15. What does Laurel listen for but never hear?
(a) The phone.
(b) The weather alert.
(c) The town clock.
(d) The mantel clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Laurel upset that Fay wants the coffin to be open?
2. What is the name of the hotel where Laurel gets rooms for herself and Fay?
3. What is wrong with Judge's eye?
4. What does Missouri tell Laurel about Fay's morning habits?
5. What does Laurel overhear Fay saying to Judge?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)