|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Fay's age?
(a) Fay is much younger than Judge and younger than Fay by a few years, therefore she has trouble empathizing with Judge's situation.
(b) Fay is a teenager, therefore she is indifferent to Judge's situation.
(c) Fay is elderly, therefore her presence at the doctor's office is a toll on her.
(d) Fay is a child, therefore a hinderance to the situation.
2. Who's wedding were the bridesmaids a part of?
(b) Major Bullock's.
(c) Judge's first wedding.
3. What is Judge's prognosis after surgery?
(a) He should see again.
(b) He will need another surgery.
(c) He will never see again.
(d) He will need a retina transplant.
4. What surprises Laurel when she sees the coffin?
(a) Fay had the coffin lined with peach satin.
(b) Fay chose the wrong coffin.
(c) Fay had the coffin lined with yellow taffeta.
(d) Fay bought a cheap coffin.
5. What does Laurel believe the lining of the coffin does to her father?
(a) Makes Judge look feminine.
(b) Makes Judge look sickly.
(c) Makes Judge look like a seashell.
(d) Makes Judge look healthy.
6. How are they transported to the hospital?
(b) Private car.
(d) Shuttle boat.
7. What does Miss Adele say about death?
(a) People live their own way and die their own way.
(b) Death is painful and unfair.
(c) People cannot avoid death.
(d) Death is something to look forward to.
8. Why does Judge need to see the doctor?
(a) Judge is having trouble with his eye sight.
(b) Judge needs immunizations to travel.
(c) Judge has been feeling sick to his stomach.
(d) Judge has high blood pressure.
9. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what traits does Judge display that Laurel finds unusual to him?
(a) Impatience and frustration.
(b) Passivity and obedience.
(c) Anger and meanness.
(d) Optimism and happiness.
10. What book does Laurel begin reading to her father?
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) Dr. Zhivago.
(c) Oliver Twist.
(d) Nicholas Nickleby.
11. Who is Fay?
(a) Laurel's Cousin.
(b) Judge's Wife.
(c) Judge's Sister.
(d) Laurel's Sister.
12. Who does Fay send to the funeral home with Judge's clothes?
(a) Major Bullock.
(b) The bridesmaids.
(c) Miss Adele.
13. What does Dr. Courtland do when he arrives in Judge's room the night Fay abuses Judge?
(a) Dr. Courtland examines Judge and asks Laurel to leave.
(b) Dr. Courtland examines Judge and declares him perfectly healthy.
(c) Dr. Courtland examines Judge and calls the police on Fay.
(d) Dr. Courtland examines Judge and tells Fay to leave.
14. Who called Laurel?
(a) Major Bullock.
(b) Miss Adele.
15. What is unusual about Judge's behavior during his recovery?
(a) He refuses to eat.
(b) He watches television constantly.
(c) He talks incessantly.
(d) He never asks about his eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Adele bring?
2. Where does Laurel put Miss Adele's gift?
3. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
4. What makes Fay upset when they arrive back in Mississippi?
5. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)