|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Fay's job when she met Judge?
(a) She was a teacher.
(b) She was a maid.
(c) She was a lawyer.
(d) She was a secretary at the Gulf Coast Hotel.
2. Who does Dr. Courtland call to meet Fay and Laurel in Mississippi?
(a) Major Bullock, Judge's good friend.
(b) His sister, Miss Adele.
(c) The bridesmaids, Laurel's close friends.
(d) Missouri, Judge's maid.
3. Why does Laurel go to check on Fay after Missouri?
(a) Fay is not breathing.
(b) Fay refuses to get up.
(c) Fay is sick.
(d) Fay is gone.
4. How does Fay react to seeing Judge after surgery?
(a) She is outraged that no one warned her about the bandages.
(b) She is saddened by his bandages.
(c) She is happy he is safe.
(d) She is worried about his pain levels.
5. Who attempts to befriend Fay at the Hibiscus Hotel?
(a) Dr. Courtland.
(c) Miss Adele.
6. What was Judge doing when he experienced symptoms related to his doctor's visit?
(b) Arguing with Fay.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Standing on the porch after pruning the roses.
7. How did Judge meet Fay?
(a) They met through a dating service.
(b) They met at a bar.
(c) They met at a Southern Bar Association conference.
(d) They met through friends.
8. What upsets Fay when she returns home from meeting with the funeral director?
(a) The number of people in her house for Laurel.
(b) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is on a diet.
(c) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is diabetiic.
(d) The number of people in her house she does not know.
9. What is Judge's outlook on life?
(a) He is glum.
(b) He is a pessimist.
(c) He is neither optomistic nor pessimistic,but in between.
(d) He is an optimist.
10. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
(a) By car.
(b) By plane.
(c) By bus.
(d) By train.
11. What character traits best describe Fay?
(a) Bubbly and outgoing.
(b) Talkative and inappropriate.
(c) Quiet and reserved.
(d) Self centered and inconsiderate.
12. What does Fay accuse Laurel of doing to Judge?
(a) Causing his eye problems.
(b) Abandoning him.
(c) Abusing him.
(d) Insulting him.
13. Who are the bridesmaids?
(a) Friends of Miss Adele.
(b) Friends of Laurel's.
(c) Friends of Fay's.
(d) Friends of Judge's.
14. What is Judge's prognosis after surgery?
(a) He should see again.
(b) He will never see again.
(c) He will need another surgery.
(d) He will need a retina transplant.
15. What does Dr. Courtland tell Laurel about Judge after he dies?
(a) Dr. Courtland says Judge owed him money.
(b) Dr. Courtland says Judge bought him a house.
(c) Dr. Courtland says Judge was his father.
(d) Dr. Courtland says Judge paid for his medical school training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Fay upset when they arrive back in Mississippi?
2. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
3. Who makes arrangements for Laurel and Fay's living space and Judge's care?
4. How does Fay react to Dr. Courtland's orders regarding Judge's after surgery care?
5. What is wrong with Judge's eye?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)