|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fay react to seeing Judge after surgery?
(a) She is happy he is safe.
(b) She is worried about his pain levels.
(c) She is outraged that no one warned her about the bandages.
(d) She is saddened by his bandages.
2. What upsets Fay when she returns home from meeting with the funeral director?
(a) The number of people in her house for Laurel.
(b) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is on a diet.
(c) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is diabetiic.
(d) The number of people in her house she does not know.
3. Who does Dr. Courtland call to meet Fay and Laurel in Mississippi?
(a) Missouri, Judge's maid.
(b) His sister, Miss Adele.
(c) The bridesmaids, Laurel's close friends.
(d) Major Bullock, Judge's good friend.
4. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
(a) Fay says she is on a diet and cannot have sweets in the house.
(b) Fay says thank you.
(c) Fay says for them to take it all away.
(d) Fay says she did not know she was throwing a reception.
5. Who are the bridesmaids?
(a) Friends of Laurel's.
(b) Friends of Miss Adele.
(c) Friends of Fay's.
(d) Friends of Judge's.
6. What is Judge's prognosis after surgery?
(a) He will never see again.
(b) He will need a retina transplant.
(c) He should see again.
(d) He will need another surgery.
7. What does Fay do when Laurel tells her Judge might be dying?
(a) Fay becomes hysterical with grief.
(b) Fay faints.
(c) Fay spits on Laurel.
(d) Fay laughs.
8. How did Judge meet Fay?
(a) They met at a bar.
(b) They met through friends.
(c) They met at a Southern Bar Association conference.
(d) They met through a dating service.
9. What does Fay accuse Laurel of doing to Judge?
(a) Insulting him.
(b) Causing his eye problems.
(c) Abandoning him.
(d) Abusing him.
10. What is Fay's mood as they wait for Judge to return from surgery?
(a) Annoyed that she is in New Orleans but stuck in a hospital room.
(b) She is worried about the cost of the hospital bill.
(c) She is worried about Judge.
(d) She is happy Judge is getting the treatment he needs.
11. What day is it when Judge dies.
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Laurel's birthday.
(c) Fay's birthday.
(d) Valentine's Day.
12. How does Fay react to Dr. Courtland's orders regarding Judge's after surgery care?
(a) Fay is happy to take care of her husband.
(b) Fay is angry with Laurel for taking over the arrangements.
(c) Fay is worried about the medical bills.
(d) Fay is annoyed by the amount of care Judge will need.
13. Who arrives while Missouri is taking Fay her breakfast?
(a) Miss Adele.
(b) The bridesmaids.
(c) Mr. Pitts.
(d) Major Bullock.
14. Why does Judge decide to see this particular doctor?
(a) They are old friends.
(b) The doctor is located near Judge's home.
(c) The doctor is top in his field.
(d) The doctor was recommended by a friend.
15. What is Laurel's mood as they wait for the surgery to end?
(d) Worried, but upbeat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Judge doing when he experienced symptoms related to his doctor's visit?
2. Who attempts to befriend Fay at the Hibiscus Hotel?
3. What does Dr. Courtland do when he arrives in Judge's room the night Fay abuses Judge?
4. What does Judge do while Laurel reads to him?
5. What character traits best describe Judge?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)