|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it when Judge dies.
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) Fay's birthday.
(d) Laurel's birthday.
2. Who's wedding were the bridesmaids a part of?
(a) Judge's first wedding.
(b) Major Bullock's.
3. What is Fay's mood as they wait for Judge to return from surgery?
(a) She is happy Judge is getting the treatment he needs.
(b) Annoyed that she is in New Orleans but stuck in a hospital room.
(c) She is worried about the cost of the hospital bill.
(d) She is worried about Judge.
4. How does Fay react to the doctor's recommendation?
(a) Fay is annoyed by the entire ordeal, believing if they ignore it it will get better on its own.
(b) Fay is bored by the whole situation.
(c) Fay is concerned and insists on staying at Judge's side through the whole ordeal.
(d) Fay goes home and leaves Laurel to deal with the situation.
5. Who does Dr. Courtland call to meet Fay and Laurel in Mississippi?
(a) His sister, Miss Adele.
(b) Missouri, Judge's maid.
(c) Major Bullock, Judge's good friend.
(d) The bridesmaids, Laurel's close friends.
6. What is Judge's prognosis after surgery?
(a) He will never see again.
(b) He will need a retina transplant.
(c) He will need another surgery.
(d) He should see again.
7. How does Fay react when Dr. Courtland says Judge has died?
(a) Fay thanks Dr. Courtland for all his hard work.
(b) Fay accuses Dr. Courtland of allowing Judge to die on her birthday.
(c) Fay tells Dr. Courtland she does not believe him.
(d) Fay accuses Dr.Courtland of killing her husband.
8. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
(a) By car.
(b) By plane.
(c) By train.
(d) By bus.
9. What is the name of the hotel where Laurel gets rooms for herself and Fay?
10. What city does Laurel live in?
(a) New York.
(b) New Orleans.
(d) San Francisco.
11. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
(a) Fay says she did not know she was throwing a reception.
(b) Fay says for them to take it all away.
(c) Fay says thank you.
(d) Fay says she is on a diet and cannot have sweets in the house.
12. Why is Fay unhappy with Judge's circumstances?
(a) Fay is worried about money.
(b) Fay is worried about his health.
(c) Fay is anxious to get home.
(d) Fay is unhappy that she is in New Orleans but unable to attend carnival.
13. What kind of doctor does Judge McKelva go to see?
(a) Family Doctor.
(b) Heart Doctor.
(c) Cancer Doctor.
(d) Eye Doctor.
14. What does Judge do while Laurel reads to him?
(a) Watches television.
(b) Watches her with his good eye.
(c) Ignores her.
15. What is significant about Fay's age?
(a) Fay is elderly, therefore her presence at the doctor's office is a toll on her.
(b) Fay is a child, therefore a hinderance to the situation.
(c) Fay is a teenager, therefore she is indifferent to Judge's situation.
(d) Fay is much younger than Judge and younger than Fay by a few years, therefore she has trouble empathizing with Judge's situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives while Missouri is taking Fay her breakfast?
2. What book does Laurel begin reading to her father?
3. Why does Laurel decide to return to the hospital the night Judge dies?
4. What does Fay tell Judge after he wakes?
5. How does Judge look after surgery?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)