|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets the train when Fay and Laurel arrive back in Mississippi?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The whole town.
(c) The police chief.
(d) The bridesmaids, Major Bullock, and Miss Adele.
2. Where did Fay and Judge get married?
(a) The county courthouse.
(b) Judge's backyard.
(c) Gulf Coast Hotel.
(d) The Baptist church.
3. What does Missouri tell Laurel about Fay's morning habits?
(a) Fay likes breakfast in bed.
(b) Fay likes to sleep till noon.
(c) Fay does not eat breakfast.
(d) Fay is already up and gone.
4. What character traits best describe Judge?
(a) Slow and eager.
(b) Aloof and unconcerned.
(c) Gentle, kind, patient.
(d) Mean, angry, dark.
5. What does Laurel do after the nurse tells her about Fay's abuse toward Judge?
(a) Laurel callst he police.
(b) Laurel fires the nurse.
(c) Laurel calls Dr. Courtland.
(d) Laurel goes into Judge's room.
6. Why can Judge not be moved?
(a) Movement could dislodge the repaired retina.
(b) Movement could cause a stroke.
(c) Movement could cause death.
(d) Movement could make him blind.
7. What is Judge's prognosis after surgery?
(a) He should see again.
(b) He will need a retina transplant.
(c) He will never see again.
(d) He will need another surgery.
8. What was Judge doing when he experienced symptoms related to his doctor's visit?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Standing on the porch after pruning the roses.
(d) Arguing with Fay.
9. Who does Fay send to the funeral home with Judge's clothes?
(a) Miss Adele.
(b) The bridesmaids.
(c) Major Bullock.
10. What does Judge do while Laurel reads to him?
(a) Watches television.
(c) Watches her with his good eye.
(d) Ignores her.
11. What upsets Fay when she returns home from meeting with the funeral director?
(a) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is diabetiic.
(b) The number of people in her house for Laurel.
(c) The number of people in her house she does not know.
(d) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is on a diet.
12. What is the name of the hotel where Laurel gets rooms for herself and Fay?
13. How does Fay react when Dr. Courtland says Judge has died?
(a) Fay thanks Dr. Courtland for all his hard work.
(b) Fay tells Dr. Courtland she does not believe him.
(c) Fay accuses Dr.Courtland of killing her husband.
(d) Fay accuses Dr. Courtland of allowing Judge to die on her birthday.
14. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
(a) Fay says she is on a diet and cannot have sweets in the house.
(b) Fay says she did not know she was throwing a reception.
(c) Fay says thank you.
(d) Fay says for them to take it all away.
15. Who's wedding were the bridesmaids a part of?
(c) Judge's first wedding.
(d) Major Bullock's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fay do when Laurel tells her Judge might be dying?
2. Who does Laurel find in the kitchen when she wakes?
3. What kind of doctor does Judge McKelva go to see?
4. What does Laurel do with Judge during her time with him?
5. What is significant about Fay's age?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)