|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's wedding were the bridesmaids a part of?
(a) Major Bullock's.
(b) Judge's first wedding.
2. What does Fay do when Laurel tells her Judge might be dying?
(a) Fay laughs.
(b) Fay becomes hysterical with grief.
(c) Fay spits on Laurel.
(d) Fay faints.
3. What surprises Laurel when she sees the coffin?
(a) Fay chose the wrong coffin.
(b) Fay had the coffin lined with peach satin.
(c) Fay bought a cheap coffin.
(d) Fay had the coffin lined with yellow taffeta.
4. Who called Laurel?
(a) Major Bullock.
(d) Miss Adele.
5. What is Laurel's mood as they wait for the surgery to end?
(c) Worried, but upbeat.
6. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye?
(a) It is infected.
(b) It is healing, he just needs to be patient.
(c) It is not healing properly.
(d) It is healing, but he will not regain his sight in that eye.
7. What is Fay's mood as they wait for Judge to return from surgery?
(a) She is worried about the cost of the hospital bill.
(b) She is worried about Judge.
(c) Annoyed that she is in New Orleans but stuck in a hospital room.
(d) She is happy Judge is getting the treatment he needs.
8. How did Judge meet Fay?
(a) They met at a Southern Bar Association conference.
(b) They met through friends.
(c) They met through a dating service.
(d) They met at a bar.
9. Why is Laurel concerned about her father?
(a) Laurel thinks he is being abused.
(b) Judge has been sick for a long time.
(c) Laurel is a worrier who is always concerned about her loved ones.
(d) Judge normally does not admit to concerns for his personal health.
10. What character traits best describe Fay?
(a) Self centered and inconsiderate.
(b) Quiet and reserved.
(c) Talkative and inappropriate.
(d) Bubbly and outgoing.
11. What does the nurse tell Laurel about Fay when she arrives?
(a) The nurse says Fay was shaking Judge.
(b) The nurse says Fay was giving Judge an injection.
(c) The nurse says Fay was smoothering Judge.
(d) The nurse says Fay was cursing at Judge.
12. Why can Judge not be moved?
(a) Movement could dislodge the repaired retina.
(b) Movement could cause death.
(c) Movement could cause a stroke.
(d) Movement could make him blind.
13. What does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye three weeks after the surgery?
(a) That it is healing, just slowly, and Judge has some vision.
(b) That Judge is depressed, causing the eye to heal slowly.
(c) That the healing is taking too long.
(d) That Judge will never see again.
14. Who arrives while Missouri is taking Fay her breakfast?
(a) Mr. Pitts.
(b) The bridesmaids.
(c) Miss Adele.
(d) Major Bullock.
15. How does Fay react to the doctor's recommendation?
(a) Fay is annoyed by the entire ordeal, believing if they ignore it it will get better on its own.
(b) Fay goes home and leaves Laurel to deal with the situation.
(c) Fay is bored by the whole situation.
(d) Fay is concerned and insists on staying at Judge's side through the whole ordeal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Courtland call to meet Fay and Laurel in Mississippi?
2. What does Fay say when Laurel tells her to get up?
3. Where does Laurel put Miss Adele's gift?
4. What shocks Laurel about her parent's bedroom?
5. What kind of doctor does Judge McKelva go to see?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)