|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fay?
(a) Laurel's Cousin.
(b) Laurel's Sister.
(c) Judge's Wife.
(d) Judge's Sister.
2. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
(a) Fay says she did not know she was throwing a reception.
(b) Fay says she is on a diet and cannot have sweets in the house.
(c) Fay says thank you.
(d) Fay says for them to take it all away.
3. Who does Dr. Courtland call to meet Fay and Laurel in Mississippi?
(a) Missouri, Judge's maid.
(b) His sister, Miss Adele.
(c) The bridesmaids, Laurel's close friends.
(d) Major Bullock, Judge's good friend.
4. Why does Laurel believe her father would not have wanted an open coffin?
(a) He did not like the way he looked.
(b) He did not allow one at his wife's funeral.
(c) He did not want his friends to remember him in a coffin.
(d) An open coffin goes against his religious beliefs.
5. What does Fay tell Judge after he wakes?
(a) That it's a good thing he cannot see himself.
(b) That she's happy he is alive.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That he looks good.
6. What does Laurel listen for but never hear?
(a) The weather alert.
(b) The mantel clock.
(c) The phone.
(d) The town clock.
7. Who arrives while Missouri is taking Fay her breakfast?
(a) Mr. Pitts.
(b) Miss Adele.
(c) The bridesmaids.
(d) Major Bullock.
8. What was Judge doing when he experienced symptoms related to his doctor's visit?
(a) Standing on the porch after pruning the roses.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Arguing with Fay.
9. How did Judge meet Fay?
(a) They met at a Southern Bar Association conference.
(b) They met at a bar.
(c) They met through a dating service.
(d) They met through friends.
10. Why does Judge decide to see this particular doctor?
(a) The doctor was recommended by a friend.
(b) The doctor is top in his field.
(c) The doctor is located near Judge's home.
(d) They are old friends.
11. What is wrong with Judge's eye?
(a) The retina has slipped.
(b) He has diabetic eye disease.
(c) He has cataracts.
(d) He has a brain tumor.
12. What book does Laurel begin reading to her father?
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) Nicholas Nickleby.
(c) Oliver Twist.
(d) Dr. Zhivago.
13. What was Fay's job when she met Judge?
(a) She was a secretary at the Gulf Coast Hotel.
(b) She was a maid.
(c) She was a teacher.
(d) She was a lawyer.
14. How does Fay react when Dr. Courtland says Judge has died?
(a) Fay accuses Dr.Courtland of killing her husband.
(b) Fay accuses Dr. Courtland of allowing Judge to die on her birthday.
(c) Fay thanks Dr. Courtland for all his hard work.
(d) Fay tells Dr. Courtland she does not believe him.
15. What does Laurel believe the lining of the coffin does to her father?
(a) Makes Judge look feminine.
(b) Makes Judge look healthy.
(c) Makes Judge look like a seashell.
(d) Makes Judge look sickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Judge's outlook on life?
2. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
3. Who are the bridesmaids?
4. What character traits best describe Judge?
5. How does Fay react to the doctor's recommendation?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)