|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives while Missouri is taking Fay her breakfast?
(a) Major Bullock.
(b) Mr. Pitts.
(c) Miss Adele.
(d) The bridesmaids.
2. What is the doctor's recommendation?
(a) A vacation.
(b) Surgery immediately.
(d) Wait and see.
3. What does Laurel do with Judge during her time with him?
(a) Laurel works on her fashion designs.
(b) Watches television.
(c) Laurel talks to Judge about her dislike of Fay.
(d) Laurel reads to Judge.
4. What does Miss Adele bring?
(d) A casserole.
5. What does Laurel hear when she approaches the Judge's room the night he dies?
(a) Fay telling Judge about her plans to return to Mississippi.
(b) Fay yelling at Judge.
(c) Fay conspiring with the nurse to kill Judge.
(d) Fay confessing to an affair.
6. Who does Dr. Courtland call to meet Fay and Laurel in Mississippi?
(a) His sister, Miss Adele.
(b) The bridesmaids, Laurel's close friends.
(c) Missouri, Judge's maid.
(d) Major Bullock, Judge's good friend.
7. What does Laurel do after the nurse tells her about Fay's abuse toward Judge?
(a) Laurel callst he police.
(b) Laurel fires the nurse.
(c) Laurel calls Dr. Courtland.
(d) Laurel goes into Judge's room.
8. What character traits best describe Fay?
(a) Talkative and inappropriate.
(b) Bubbly and outgoing.
(c) Quiet and reserved.
(d) Self centered and inconsiderate.
9. What is Judge's prognosis after surgery?
(a) He will never see again.
(b) He will need a retina transplant.
(c) He will need another surgery.
(d) He should see again.
10. Who attempts to befriend Fay at the Hibiscus Hotel?
(a) Miss Adele.
(b) Dr. Courtland.
11. What does Judge do while Laurel reads to him?
(a) Watches her with his good eye.
(b) Ignores her.
(d) Watches television.
12. What does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye three weeks after the surgery?
(a) That Judge will never see again.
(b) That Judge is depressed, causing the eye to heal slowly.
(c) That it is healing, just slowly, and Judge has some vision.
(d) That the healing is taking too long.
13. What does Laurel listen for but never hear?
(a) The mantel clock.
(b) The weather alert.
(c) The phone.
(d) The town clock.
14. What does Miss Adele say about death?
(a) Death is something to look forward to.
(b) People live their own way and die their own way.
(c) Death is painful and unfair.
(d) People cannot avoid death.
15. What is name of the family introduced in Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Courtland do when he arrives in Judge's room the night Fay abuses Judge?
2. Why does Judge decide to see this particular doctor?
3. What surprises Laurel when she sees the coffin?
4. Who is Miss Adele's brother?
5. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)