|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Judge not be moved?
(a) Movement could cause death.
(b) Movement could cause a stroke.
(c) Movement could make him blind.
(d) Movement could dislodge the repaired retina.
2. What book does Laurel begin reading to her father?
(a) Dr. Zhivago.
(b) Oliver Twist.
(c) Nicholas Nickleby.
(d) The Great Gatsby.
3. What does Miss Adele say about death?
(a) People cannot avoid death.
(b) Death is something to look forward to.
(c) Death is painful and unfair.
(d) People live their own way and die their own way.
4. What is Judge's prognosis after surgery?
(a) He will never see again.
(b) He will need a retina transplant.
(c) He should see again.
(d) He will need another surgery.
5. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) Six months.
6. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
(a) Fay says thank you.
(b) Fay says she is on a diet and cannot have sweets in the house.
(c) Fay says she did not know she was throwing a reception.
(d) Fay says for them to take it all away.
7. Why does Laurel fly to New Orleans?
(a) To attend a business conference.
(b) To go with Judge to the eye doctor.
(c) To attend a family reunion.
(d) To go to a funeral.
8. What does Laurel overhear Fay saying to Judge?
(a) Fay expresses her concern for Judge's health.
(b) Fay is complaining about being stuck in the hospital and not being able to go to carnival.
(c) Fay complains that Judge is taking too long to heal.
(d) Fay complains about the conditions at the Hibiscus.
9. What does Laurel do after the nurse tells her about Fay's abuse toward Judge?
(a) Laurel goes into Judge's room.
(b) Laurel fires the nurse.
(c) Laurel callst he police.
(d) Laurel calls Dr. Courtland.
10. What upsets Fay when she returns home from meeting with the funeral director?
(a) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is on a diet.
(b) The number of people in her house she does not know.
(c) The number of people in her house for Laurel.
(d) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is diabetiic.
11. Why does Judge need to see the doctor?
(a) Judge is having trouble with his eye sight.
(b) Judge has high blood pressure.
(c) Judge has been feeling sick to his stomach.
(d) Judge needs immunizations to travel.
12. Why does Laurel believe her father would not have wanted an open coffin?
(a) An open coffin goes against his religious beliefs.
(b) He did not like the way he looked.
(c) He did not want his friends to remember him in a coffin.
(d) He did not allow one at his wife's funeral.
13. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
(a) By train.
(b) By bus.
(c) By car.
(d) By plane.
14. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye?
(a) It is infected.
(b) It is healing, he just needs to be patient.
(c) It is healing, but he will not regain his sight in that eye.
(d) It is not healing properly.
15. Who does Judge ask for when he wakes after surgery?
(a) Miss Adele.
(d) Dr. Courtland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fay react to the doctor's recommendation?
2. Who is Fay?
3. What does Fay say when Laurel tells her to get up?
4. Who does Laurel find in the kitchen when she wakes?
5. Who does Fay send to the funeral home with Judge's clothes?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)