|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Judge meet Fay?
(a) They met through friends.
(b) They met through a dating service.
(c) They met at a bar.
(d) They met at a Southern Bar Association conference.
2. What day is it when Judge dies.
(a) Fay's birthday.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) Laurel's birthday.
(d) Valentine's Day.
3. Why does Judge need to see the doctor?
(a) Judge has high blood pressure.
(b) Judge has been feeling sick to his stomach.
(c) Judge is having trouble with his eye sight.
(d) Judge needs immunizations to travel.
4. What does Missouri tell Laurel about Fay's morning habits?
(a) Fay likes to sleep till noon.
(b) Fay is already up and gone.
(c) Fay likes breakfast in bed.
(d) Fay does not eat breakfast.
5. What was Fay's job when she met Judge?
(a) She was a secretary at the Gulf Coast Hotel.
(b) She was a teacher.
(c) She was a lawyer.
(d) She was a maid.
6. Who makes arrangements for Laurel and Fay's living space and Judge's care?
(c) Dr. Courtland.
7. Who is waiting with Fay at the hospital?
(a) Dr. Courtland.
(b) Major Bullock.
(c) Miss Adele.
8. Who does Judge ask for when he wakes after surgery?
(c) Dr. Courtland.
(d) Miss Adele.
9. What does Fay accuse Laurel of doing to Judge?
(a) Abusing him.
(b) Insulting him.
(c) Abandoning him.
(d) Causing his eye problems.
10. What shocks Laurel about her parent's bedroom?
(a) The furniture is all different.
(b) There are no pictures of Laurel in the room.
(c) Fay has covered everything in peach satin.
(d) Laurel's mother's desk is missing.
11. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye?
(a) It is infected.
(b) It is healing, but he will not regain his sight in that eye.
(c) It is not healing properly.
(d) It is healing, he just needs to be patient.
12. What is Fay's mood as they wait for Judge to return from surgery?
(a) Annoyed that she is in New Orleans but stuck in a hospital room.
(b) She is happy Judge is getting the treatment he needs.
(c) She is worried about Judge.
(d) She is worried about the cost of the hospital bill.
13. How does Fay react to Dr. Courtland's orders regarding Judge's after surgery care?
(a) Fay is angry with Laurel for taking over the arrangements.
(b) Fay is annoyed by the amount of care Judge will need.
(c) Fay is worried about the medical bills.
(d) Fay is happy to take care of her husband.
14. Who does Dr. Courtland call to meet Fay and Laurel in Mississippi?
(a) His sister, Miss Adele.
(b) Missouri, Judge's maid.
(c) Major Bullock, Judge's good friend.
(d) The bridesmaids, Laurel's close friends.
15. What makes Fay upset when they arrive back in Mississippi?
(a) That Laurel refuses to continue on to Chicago.
(b) That no one is there to meet her.
(c) That she is forced to see Judge's coffin.
(d) That she is awaken by the porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurel hear when she approaches the Judge's room the night he dies?
2. Who arrives while Missouri is taking Fay her breakfast?
3. What was Judge doing when he experienced symptoms related to his doctor's visit?
4. What does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye three weeks after the surgery?
5. What does Laurel do after the nurse tells her about Fay's abuse toward Judge?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)