|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Judge not be moved?
(a) Movement could cause a stroke.
(b) Movement could dislodge the repaired retina.
(c) Movement could make him blind.
(d) Movement could cause death.
2. What is the name of the hotel where Laurel gets rooms for herself and Fay?
3. Why is Laurel upset that Fay wants the coffin to be open?
(a) Laurel does not like the way her father looks.
(b) Laurel does not believe her father would have wanted an open coffin.
(c) Laurel does not want to see her father.
(d) Laurel does not believe their friends would want to see Judge in the coffin.
4. What does Laurel see in Judge's face after Fay's abuse?
(a) Laurel sees that Judge is in love with Fay.
(b) Laurel sees that Judge is angry.
(c) Laurel sees that Judge is dying.
(d) Laurel sees that Judge's eye has been reinjured.
5. Why does Judge need to see the doctor?
(a) Judge has been feeling sick to his stomach.
(b) Judge needs immunizations to travel.
(c) Judge has high blood pressure.
(d) Judge is having trouble with his eye sight.
6. What kind of doctor does Judge McKelva go to see?
(a) Family Doctor.
(b) Cancer Doctor.
(c) Eye Doctor.
(d) Heart Doctor.
7. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye?
(a) It is infected.
(b) It is healing, he just needs to be patient.
(c) It is not healing properly.
(d) It is healing, but he will not regain his sight in that eye.
8. What was Fay's job when she met Judge?
(a) She was a secretary at the Gulf Coast Hotel.
(b) She was a maid.
(c) She was a lawyer.
(d) She was a teacher.
9. What does the nurse tell Laurel about Fay when she arrives?
(a) The nurse says Fay was cursing at Judge.
(b) The nurse says Fay was smoothering Judge.
(c) The nurse says Fay was shaking Judge.
(d) The nurse says Fay was giving Judge an injection.
10. Why does Laurel go to check on Fay after Missouri?
(a) Fay is not breathing.
(b) Fay is gone.
(c) Fay refuses to get up.
(d) Fay is sick.
11. What upsets Fay when she returns home from meeting with the funeral director?
(a) The number of people in her house for Laurel.
(b) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is on a diet.
(c) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is diabetiic.
(d) The number of people in her house she does not know.
12. Who arrives while Missouri is taking Fay her breakfast?
(a) Miss Adele.
(b) Mr. Pitts.
(c) The bridesmaids.
(d) Major Bullock.
13. Who called Laurel?
(b) Miss Adele.
(c) Major Bullock.
14. Why does Judge refuse to ask Laurel about her work?
(a) Judge does not care about Laurel's work.
(b) Judge feels bad for forcing Laurel into idleness.
(c) Judge would rather talk about himself.
(d) Judge is angry with Laurel for coming to New Orleans.
15. Why does Laurel decide to return to the hospital the night Judge dies?
(a) Laurel feels as though her father needs her.
(b) Laurel forgot her book.
(c) Laurel wanted to give instructions to the night nurse.
(d) Laurel wanted to ask Judge a question.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse tell Laurel and Fay not to do?
2. Who are the bridesmaids?
3. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
4. Where did Fay and Judge get married?
5. What does Laurel overhear Fay saying to Judge?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)