|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Fay when she returns home from meeting with the funeral director?
(a) The number of people in her house she does not know.
(b) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is on a diet.
(c) The number of people in her house for Laurel.
(d) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is diabetiic.
2. Who makes arrangements for Laurel and Fay's living space and Judge's care?
(d) Dr. Courtland.
3. What was Fay's job when she met Judge?
(a) She was a lawyer.
(b) She was a maid.
(c) She was a secretary at the Gulf Coast Hotel.
(d) She was a teacher.
4. What is Fay's mood as they wait for Judge to return from surgery?
(a) She is worried about the cost of the hospital bill.
(b) Annoyed that she is in New Orleans but stuck in a hospital room.
(c) She is worried about Judge.
(d) She is happy Judge is getting the treatment he needs.
5. What does Laurel do after the nurse tells her about Fay's abuse toward Judge?
(a) Laurel callst he police.
(b) Laurel goes into Judge's room.
(c) Laurel fires the nurse.
(d) Laurel calls Dr. Courtland.
6. What does Laurel do with Judge during her time with him?
(a) Watches television.
(b) Laurel reads to Judge.
(c) Laurel works on her fashion designs.
(d) Laurel talks to Judge about her dislike of Fay.
7. What is name of the family introduced in Part 1, Chapter 1?
8. Why is Fay unhappy with Judge's circumstances?
(a) Fay is anxious to get home.
(b) Fay is worried about his health.
(c) Fay is unhappy that she is in New Orleans but unable to attend carnival.
(d) Fay is worried about money.
9. What is wrong with Judge's eye?
(a) He has diabetic eye disease.
(b) He has a brain tumor.
(c) The retina has slipped.
(d) He has cataracts.
10. What surprises Laurel when she sees the coffin?
(a) Fay chose the wrong coffin.
(b) Fay had the coffin lined with peach satin.
(c) Fay had the coffin lined with yellow taffeta.
(d) Fay bought a cheap coffin.
11. How did Judge meet Fay?
(a) They met at a bar.
(b) They met through friends.
(c) They met through a dating service.
(d) They met at a Southern Bar Association conference.
12. What shocks Laurel about her parent's bedroom?
(a) There are no pictures of Laurel in the room.
(b) The furniture is all different.
(c) Fay has covered everything in peach satin.
(d) Laurel's mother's desk is missing.
13. What does Fay do when Laurel tells her Judge might be dying?
(a) Fay spits on Laurel.
(b) Fay faints.
(c) Fay becomes hysterical with grief.
(d) Fay laughs.
14. Who's wedding were the bridesmaids a part of?
(a) Judge's first wedding.
(b) Major Bullock's.
15. Who are the bridesmaids?
(a) Friends of Miss Adele.
(b) Friends of Judge's.
(c) Friends of Laurel's.
(d) Friends of Fay's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurel overhear Fay saying to Judge?
2. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
3. What does Dr. Courtland do when he arrives in Judge's room the night Fay abuses Judge?
4. What does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye three weeks after the surgery?
5. Where does Laurel put Miss Adele's gift?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)