|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Missouri tell Laurel about Fay's morning habits?
(a) Fay does not eat breakfast.
(b) Fay likes to sleep till noon.
(c) Fay likes breakfast in bed.
(d) Fay is already up and gone.
2. What is the name of the hotel where Laurel gets rooms for herself and Fay?
3. Why does Laurel believe her father would not have wanted an open coffin?
(a) An open coffin goes against his religious beliefs.
(b) He did not want his friends to remember him in a coffin.
(c) He did not allow one at his wife's funeral.
(d) He did not like the way he looked.
4. What does Laurel do after the nurse tells her about Fay's abuse toward Judge?
(a) Laurel calls Dr. Courtland.
(b) Laurel fires the nurse.
(c) Laurel goes into Judge's room.
(d) Laurel callst he police.
5. What does Miss Adele bring?
(d) A casserole.
6. What does Fay say when Laurel tells her to get up?
(a) Fay says she is too depressed to get up.
(b) Fay says she does not want to go to the funeral.
(c) Fay says she is the widow and everyone will wait for her.
(d) Fay says she is ill.
7. Why can Judge not be moved?
(a) Movement could cause death.
(b) Movement could dislodge the repaired retina.
(c) Movement could make him blind.
(d) Movement could cause a stroke.
8. What is name of the family introduced in Part 1, Chapter 1?
9. Who attempts to befriend Fay at the Hibiscus Hotel?
(a) Miss Adele.
(d) Dr. Courtland.
10. What does Laurel believe the lining of the coffin does to her father?
(a) Makes Judge look healthy.
(b) Makes Judge look sickly.
(c) Makes Judge look feminine.
(d) Makes Judge look like a seashell.
11. Why is Fay unhappy with Judge's circumstances?
(a) Fay is unhappy that she is in New Orleans but unable to attend carnival.
(b) Fay is worried about his health.
(c) Fay is worried about money.
(d) Fay is anxious to get home.
12. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
(a) Fay says she did not know she was throwing a reception.
(b) Fay says thank you.
(c) Fay says for them to take it all away.
(d) Fay says she is on a diet and cannot have sweets in the house.
13. What is wrong with Judge's eye?
(a) He has a brain tumor.
(b) He has diabetic eye disease.
(c) He has cataracts.
(d) The retina has slipped.
14. What is the doctor's recommendation?
(a) Wait and see.
(b) A vacation.
(d) Surgery immediately.
15. What does Dr. Courtland do when he arrives in Judge's room the night Fay abuses Judge?
(a) Dr. Courtland examines Judge and declares him perfectly healthy.
(b) Dr. Courtland examines Judge and asks Laurel to leave.
(c) Dr. Courtland examines Judge and calls the police on Fay.
(d) Dr. Courtland examines Judge and tells Fay to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes arrangements for Laurel and Fay's living space and Judge's care?
2. Who is Miss Adele's brother?
3. What city does Laurel live in?
4. Why does Laurel decide to return to the hospital the night Judge dies?
5. Why does Judge refuse to ask Laurel about her work?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)