|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Courtland call to meet Fay and Laurel in Mississippi?
(a) The bridesmaids, Laurel's close friends.
(b) His sister, Miss Adele.
(c) Missouri, Judge's maid.
(d) Major Bullock, Judge's good friend.
2. Why is Fay unhappy with Judge's circumstances?
(a) Fay is worried about his health.
(b) Fay is unhappy that she is in New Orleans but unable to attend carnival.
(c) Fay is anxious to get home.
(d) Fay is worried about money.
3. What does Miss Adele bring?
(d) A casserole.
4. Who does Judge ask for when he wakes after surgery?
(a) Miss Adele.
(d) Dr. Courtland.
5. What does Fay accuse Laurel of doing to Judge?
(a) Causing his eye problems.
(b) Abusing him.
(c) Abandoning him.
(d) Insulting him.
6. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what traits does Judge display that Laurel finds unusual to him?
(a) Passivity and obedience.
(b) Impatience and frustration.
(c) Anger and meanness.
(d) Optimism and happiness.
7. Who is waiting with Fay at the hospital?
(a) Miss Adele.
(c) Dr. Courtland.
(d) Major Bullock.
8. What does Laurel see in Judge's face after Fay's abuse?
(a) Laurel sees that Judge is angry.
(b) Laurel sees that Judge is in love with Fay.
(c) Laurel sees that Judge's eye has been reinjured.
(d) Laurel sees that Judge is dying.
9. How does Fay react when Dr. Courtland says Judge has died?
(a) Fay tells Dr. Courtland she does not believe him.
(b) Fay accuses Dr.Courtland of killing her husband.
(c) Fay accuses Dr. Courtland of allowing Judge to die on her birthday.
(d) Fay thanks Dr. Courtland for all his hard work.
10. What shocks Laurel about her parent's bedroom?
(a) Fay has covered everything in peach satin.
(b) Laurel's mother's desk is missing.
(c) The furniture is all different.
(d) There are no pictures of Laurel in the room.
11. Where did Fay and Judge get married?
(a) The county courthouse.
(b) The Baptist church.
(c) Gulf Coast Hotel.
(d) Judge's backyard.
12. Who does Fay insist on talking to when they arrive in Mississippi?
(a) Laurel's friends.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The funeral director, Mr. Pitts.
(d) The mayor.
13. What does Judge do while Laurel reads to him?
(a) Watches television.
(b) Watches her with his good eye.
(c) Ignores her.
14. Who called Laurel?
(c) Major Bullock.
(d) Miss Adele.
15. What is unusual about Judge's behavior during his recovery?
(a) He never asks about his eye.
(b) He watches television constantly.
(c) He refuses to eat.
(d) He talks incessantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of doctor does Judge McKelva go to see?
2. Who is Miss Adele's brother?
3. Why does Laurel go to check on Fay after Missouri?
4. What is Judge's outlook on life?
5. What is Judge's prognosis after surgery?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)