|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character traits best describe Fay?
(a) Quiet and reserved.
(b) Talkative and inappropriate.
(c) Self centered and inconsiderate.
(d) Bubbly and outgoing.
2. Why can Judge not be moved?
(a) Movement could cause death.
(b) Movement could cause a stroke.
(c) Movement could dislodge the repaired retina.
(d) Movement could make him blind.
3. What does the nurse tell Laurel and Fay not to do?
(a) Give Judge water.
(b) Jiggle or move Judge.
(c) Make Judge laugh.
(d) Give Judge food.
4. What is the doctor's recommendation?
(b) A vacation.
(c) Wait and see.
(d) Surgery immediately.
5. Where does Laurel put Miss Adele's gift?
(a) The dining room table.
(b) The living room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Her father's desk.
6. Why is Laurel concerned about her father?
(a) Judge normally does not admit to concerns for his personal health.
(b) Judge has been sick for a long time.
(c) Laurel is a worrier who is always concerned about her loved ones.
(d) Laurel thinks he is being abused.
7. What is Fay's mood as they wait for Judge to return from surgery?
(a) She is worried about Judge.
(b) She is happy Judge is getting the treatment he needs.
(c) She is worried about the cost of the hospital bill.
(d) Annoyed that she is in New Orleans but stuck in a hospital room.
8. What is unusual about Judge's behavior during his recovery?
(a) He never asks about his eye.
(b) He talks incessantly.
(c) He watches television constantly.
(d) He refuses to eat.
9. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what traits does Judge display that Laurel finds unusual to him?
(a) Impatience and frustration.
(b) Passivity and obedience.
(c) Optimism and happiness.
(d) Anger and meanness.
10. What was Judge doing when he experienced symptoms related to his doctor's visit?
(b) Standing on the porch after pruning the roses.
(c) Arguing with Fay.
(d) Eating lunch.
11. What does Miss Adele say about death?
(a) Death is painful and unfair.
(b) People cannot avoid death.
(c) People live their own way and die their own way.
(d) Death is something to look forward to.
12. What does Laurel remember about sleeping in her room?
(a) Hearing her parents voices as they read to each other.
(b) Hearing the clock ring downstairs.
(c) The posters on the wall.
(d) The security of her stuffed animals.
13. What does Judge do while Laurel reads to him?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Watches her with his good eye.
(c) Watches television.
14. Who attempts to befriend Fay at the Hibiscus Hotel?
(a) Dr. Courtland.
(b) Miss Adele.
15. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
(a) Six months.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye three weeks after the surgery?
2. What does Laurel do after the nurse tells her about Fay's abuse toward Judge?
3. What city does Laurel live in?
4. What does Laurel see in Judge's face after Fay's abuse?
5. Who tells Laurel and Fay the surgery is over?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)