|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are they transported to the hospital?
(c) Shuttle boat.
(d) Private car.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye?
(a) It is infected.
(b) It is healing, he just needs to be patient.
(c) It is not healing properly.
(d) It is healing, but he will not regain his sight in that eye.
3. Who is Fay?
(a) Laurel's Sister.
(b) Judge's Wife.
(c) Judge's Sister.
(d) Laurel's Cousin.
4. Why does Judge need to see the doctor?
(a) Judge needs immunizations to travel.
(b) Judge is having trouble with his eye sight.
(c) Judge has high blood pressure.
(d) Judge has been feeling sick to his stomach.
5. What does Laurel do with Judge during her time with him?
(a) Laurel works on her fashion designs.
(b) Laurel talks to Judge about her dislike of Fay.
(c) Watches television.
(d) Laurel reads to Judge.
6. What was Fay's job when she met Judge?
(a) She was a maid.
(b) She was a teacher.
(c) She was a secretary at the Gulf Coast Hotel.
(d) She was a lawyer.
7. What does Miss Adele bring?
(b) A casserole.
8. What does Fay say when she learns about the food in her kitchen?
(a) Fay says she is on a diet and cannot have sweets in the house.
(b) Fay says thank you.
(c) Fay says she did not know she was throwing a reception.
(d) Fay says for them to take it all away.
9. What does Fay do when Laurel tells her Judge might be dying?
(a) Fay becomes hysterical with grief.
(b) Fay spits on Laurel.
(c) Fay laughs.
(d) Fay faints.
10. Who is Miss Adele's brother?
(b) Major Bullock.
(c) Dr. Courtland.
(d) Laurel's husband.
11. Who attempts to befriend Fay at the Hibiscus Hotel?
(a) Miss Adele.
(b) Dr. Courtland.
12. What does the nurse tell Laurel about Fay when she arrives?
(a) The nurse says Fay was shaking Judge.
(b) The nurse says Fay was giving Judge an injection.
(c) The nurse says Fay was smoothering Judge.
(d) The nurse says Fay was cursing at Judge.
13. What does Laurel hear when she approaches the Judge's room the night he dies?
(a) Fay conspiring with the nurse to kill Judge.
(b) Fay yelling at Judge.
(c) Fay confessing to an affair.
(d) Fay telling Judge about her plans to return to Mississippi.
14. Who meets the train when Fay and Laurel arrive back in Mississippi?
(a) The whole town.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The bridesmaids, Major Bullock, and Miss Adele.
(d) The mayor.
15. What is the name of the hotel where Laurel gets rooms for herself and Fay?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
2. Why is Laurel concerned about her father?
3. Who are the bridesmaids?
4. Where did Fay and Judge get married?
5. Why does Laurel go to check on Fay after Missouri?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)