|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fay react to her family's arrival?
(a) Fay is angry no one told her they were coming.
(b) Fay is annoyed because she told everyone she had no family.
(c) Fay is happy, she has not seen her family in years.
(d) Fay is relieved to have someone there to comfort her.
2. What makes Fay upset when they arrive back in Mississippi?
(a) That she is forced to see Judge's coffin.
(b) That she is awaken by the porter.
(c) That Laurel refuses to continue on to Chicago.
(d) That no one is there to meet her.
3. Where is Judge buried?
(a) In Chicago.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In the new section of the cemetery.
(d) Beside Laurel's mother.
4. What does Laurel hope is in bloom at her mother's grave?
5. Who do they women think Fay takes after?
(b) Judge's first wife.
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fay not do?
2. Who do the women blame for Judge marrying Fay?
3. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
4. Who does Laurel hope to never see again?
5. What is Judge's outlook on life?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)