|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Laurel plan to stay?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) Three more days.
2. Why is Laurel concerned about her father?
(a) Laurel is a worrier who is always concerned about her loved ones.
(b) Judge normally does not admit to concerns for his personal health.
(c) Laurel thinks he is being abused.
(d) Judge has been sick for a long time.
3. What book does Laurel begin reading to her father?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Dr. Zhivago.
(c) Nicholas Nickleby.
(d) The Great Gatsby.
4. Why does Judge refuse to ask Laurel about her work?
(a) Judge does not care about Laurel's work.
(b) Judge would rather talk about himself.
(c) Judge feels bad for forcing Laurel into idleness.
(d) Judge is angry with Laurel for coming to New Orleans.
5. What does Judge do while Laurel reads to him?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Watches her with his good eye.
(c) Watches television.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Fay and Laurel travel back to Mississippi?
2. Who attempts to befriend Fay at the Hibiscus Hotel?
3. What does Laurel hear when she approaches the Judge's room the night he dies?
4. Who is Fay?
5. What shocks Laurel about her parent's bedroom?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)