|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character traits best describe Judge?
(a) Aloof and unconcerned.
(b) Mean, angry, dark.
(c) Slow and eager.
(d) Gentle, kind, patient.
2. Why can Judge not be moved?
(a) Movement could make him blind.
(b) Movement could cause a stroke.
(c) Movement could cause death.
(d) Movement could dislodge the repaired retina.
3. How long after Judge met Fay did they get married?
(a) A year.
(b) A week.
(c) Six months.
(d) A month.
4. What does Laurel overhear Fay saying to Judge?
(a) Fay is complaining about being stuck in the hospital and not being able to go to carnival.
(b) Fay complains that Judge is taking too long to heal.
(c) Fay complains about the conditions at the Hibiscus.
(d) Fay expresses her concern for Judge's health.
5. What was Judge doing when he experienced symptoms related to his doctor's visit?
(a) Standing on the porch after pruning the roses.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Arguing with Fay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye three weeks after the surgery?
2. What does Laurel do with Judge during her time with him?
3. Why is Laurel concerned about her father?
4. Where did Fay and Judge get married?
5. Why does Judge need to see the doctor?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)