|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Judge ask for when he wakes after surgery?
(b) Miss Adele.
(c) Dr. Courtland.
2. What is significant about Fay's age?
(a) Fay is a child, therefore a hinderance to the situation.
(b) Fay is a teenager, therefore she is indifferent to Judge's situation.
(c) Fay is elderly, therefore her presence at the doctor's office is a toll on her.
(d) Fay is much younger than Judge and younger than Fay by a few years, therefore she has trouble empathizing with Judge's situation.
3. What is name of the family introduced in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. What book does Laurel begin reading to her father?
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) Nicholas Nickleby.
(c) Oliver Twist.
(d) Dr. Zhivago.
5. Why is Fay unhappy with Judge's circumstances?
(a) Fay is unhappy that she is in New Orleans but unable to attend carnival.
(b) Fay is anxious to get home.
(c) Fay is worried about his health.
(d) Fay is worried about money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Laurel and Fay the surgery is over?
2. How does Fay react to the doctor's recommendation?
3. How does Fay react to seeing Judge after surgery?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what traits does Judge display that Laurel finds unusual to him?
5. Why can Judge not be moved?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)