|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Laurel when she sees the coffin?
(a) Fay bought a cheap coffin.
(b) Fay chose the wrong coffin.
(c) Fay had the coffin lined with yellow taffeta.
(d) Fay had the coffin lined with peach satin.
2. Why can Judge not be moved?
(a) Movement could dislodge the repaired retina.
(b) Movement could make him blind.
(c) Movement could cause death.
(d) Movement could cause a stroke.
3. What does everyone assume Fay will inherit?
(a) The law practice.
(b) A car.
(c) A boat.
(d) The house.
4. Why does Laurel believe her father would not have wanted an open coffin?
(a) He did not allow one at his wife's funeral.
(b) He did not want his friends to remember him in a coffin.
(c) He did not like the way he looked.
(d) An open coffin goes against his religious beliefs.
5. What upsets Fay when she returns home from meeting with the funeral director?
(a) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is on a diet.
(b) The number of people in her house she does not know.
(c) The number of people in her house for Laurel.
(d) The excessive food in her kitchen. She is diabetiic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it suggested would do the cooking in the house?
2. Who attempts to befriend Fay at the Hibiscus Hotel?
3. Why does Judge refuse to ask Laurel about her work?
4. Who does Fay insist on talking to when they arrive in Mississippi?
5. How does Fay react to seeing Judge after surgery?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)